han2503
post Aug 30 2022, 06:28 PM
Post #196

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 29 2022, 12:36 PM) *
So, after Thiaw we are very close to this Vranckx kid from Wolfsburg. CM, Belgian, 19 years old but already with plenty of experience having debuted at 16. For his age he looks very promising from what I saw.

Deal should be closed on loan with right of purchase set at around 11-13m.

Let's see if we can get it over the line.

The fact that we're not going for a RW when we have 2 amateur level players at best on that side for me is still egregiously negligent!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 30 2022, 06:33 PM
Post #197

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 30 2022, 06:28 PM) *
The fact that we're not going for a RW when we have 2 amateur level players at best on that side for me is still egregiously negligent!!

+100000000000000000

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 1 2022, 08:01 PM
Post #198

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

What do you guys think of the Vranckx and Dest deals?

Personally I think considering the non-existent budget it's good that we ended the window with 3 high potential players for practically nothing. Dest and Vranckx particularly are without any risk since they're both loans with options to buy.

Not to mention Dest can play RW as well. If Salad can play there we should definitely give Dest playing time there, far better player overall in terms of talent and technique imo

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post Sep 2 2022, 06:16 AM
Post #199

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,873

MILAN
In: Adli (m, Bordeaux), Origi (s, Liverpool), De Ketelaere (m, Bruges), Thiaw (d, Schalke 04), Vranckx (c, Wolfsburg), Sergino Dest (d, Barcelona).
Back from loan: Pobega (m, Torino).
Out: Kessi? (m, Barcellona), Romagnoli (d, Lazio), Castillejo (m, Valencia), Maldini (m, Spezia).

I think it is a window of gambles. If they pay off then it mihgt turno out to be one of the smartest windows as we spent very minimal amounts on most players.

Lets hope as Han mentioned high potential these player full fill that. and if they do then we do have a very good team for the the future.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 2 2022, 07:29 PM
Post #200

The fact we didn't address the RW is a huge minus for me. I can't believe we'll have to suffer for another season with this Saladmaker-Messiah bullshit.

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post Sep 3 2022, 06:12 AM
Post #201

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 2 2022, 08:29 PM) *
The fact we didn't address the RW is a huge minus for me. I can't believe we'll have to suffer for another season with this Saladmaker-Messiah bullshit.

Dest might be tested for that which again is stupid as it is a major weakness for us.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 3 2022, 10:54 AM
Post #202

Pioli's choices for the CL list left me speechless. What did we sign Thiaw, Adli and Vranckx for? Especially the latter two were a no brainer to be included.

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post Sep 3 2022, 02:41 PM
Post #203

Allievi Nazionali

I fear for adli flipping krunic will be played for tonali or benna everytime any one of them is unavailable

+Quote Post

William405
post Sep 3 2022, 04:32 PM
Post #204

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

I'm so disappointed about this transfer window. Not only because not spending money when we are serie a champions. But also because we didn't fill in the gaps by outgoing players. We might have been short on budget, but still for me how can you not replace Kessie and get someone for the right wing. We will see what these signings give, I don't know anything about them at all...

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 3 2022, 04:38 PM
Post #205

QUOTE (William405 @ Sep 3 2022, 04:32 PM) *
I'm so disappointed about this transfer window. Not only because not spending money when we are serie a champions. But also because we didn't fill in the gaps by outgoing players. We might have been short on budget, but still for me how can you not replace Kessie and get someone for the right wing. We will see what these signings give, I don't know anything about them at all...

Disappointed is an over-exaggeration. We could have done better, but also much worse considering how things were going. The only disappointment for me is not having signed a right winger.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 3 2022, 09:02 PM
Post #206

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 2 2022, 07:29 PM) *

The moment we signed Messias that was the door closed on any possible RW incoming. That's why I was so p!ssed off about it. There was no way we were going to get the money we wanted for Alexis, no one was interested. So getting Messias at his age when he was pretty mediocre last season made no sense and it was an obvious, "Yep, RW is sorted now, have 2 players for that position" type move by the management. Now we're going into the 3rd season with a handicap on the right side...

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 3 2022, 10:54 AM) *
Pioli's choices for the CL list left me speechless. What did we sign Thiaw, Adli and Vranckx for? Especially the latter two were a no brainer to be included.

I think some had to be made due to the homegrown rules imposed by UEFA. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that stipulates 8 Italian players 4 of which come through the academy. Or am I incorrect in that

It's probably why Florenzi was still included when he's going to be injured for the majority of the group stage

The only one I'm p!ssed off about is Krunic. We all know it's because Pioli values him very highly and so far he doesn't trust Adli, but he's going to be injured for at least 6 weeks. What's the point of including him over Adli?

QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Sep 3 2022, 02:41 PM) *
I fear for adli flipping krunic will be played for tonali or benna everytime any one of them is unavailable

Adli is not going to be played in the double pivot, Pioli already said that that's not an option. So he will have to fight it out between CDK, Diaz and Krunic for that one position.

Really wish we'd use Diaz on the right. I think most of his issues which he faces when playing in that AM position won't be such a problem for him on the wing where he isn't constantly up against 3 mids in very tight areas. Plus he'd provide a lot more quality on that right side over the other 2

QUOTE (William405 @ Sep 3 2022, 04:32 PM) *

Not at disappointed as I was previously. I really think we signed very low risk, high reward players this window. CDK is the only big expenditure, but you can already clearly see that he's going to be worth that outlay within the next 2 years or so. Similar to Leao.

Obviously the Botman and Renato deals falling through were disappointing. But this summer was ruined with the takeover. Hopefully next summer Gerry puts his money where his mouth is.

The Bennacer and Leao renewals are the first big tests of this new ownership and how serious they are about taking us back to the top

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Sep 4 2022, 04:19 AM
Post #207

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 4 2022, 12:02 AM) *
The Bennacer and Leao renewals are the first big tests of this new ownership and how serious they are about taking us back to the top

Yeah, about that. Gazidis in his latest interview stated that the new owners Redbird will continue with the same strategy Elliott had going. And supported the current Milan management?s strategy of living within the clubs means.

I believe this is an indication that the salary cap will remain enforced and a war chest of a transfer budget is off the table.

I wouldn?t hold my breath here.

P.s. I do hope the management are able to reward their star players with contracts that match their talent/level. So us fans may enjoy them for longer, before they inevitably move on.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 4 2022, 01:52 PM
Post #208

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 4 2022, 04:19 AM) *
Yeah, about that. Gazidis in his latest interview stated that the new owners Redbird will continue with the same strategy Elliott had going. And supported the current Milan management?s strategy of living within the clubs means.

I believe this is an indication that the salary cap will remain enforced and a war chest of a transfer budget is off the table.

I wouldn?t hold my breath here.

P.s. I do hope the management are able to reward their star players with contracts that match their talent/level. So us fans may enjoy them for longer, before they inevitably move on.

I don't think that means we'll keep following the Elliot way completely though. Elliot is a hedge fund, they wanted to flip the asset for good money. They brought the right people in, limited costs, made the club successful again within certain parameters. Their strategy was for a short term ownership and selling again

RedBird are and investment firm. They're going for a more long term strategy. They want the asset to grow, become successful, self-sufficient and profitable. I think that will mean that money will be invested at first to help make sure that we reach the ultimate goal of being profitable.

Also, exceptions were made under Elliot like Zlatan, or big money moves like Leao, Tomori and recently CDK. If they believe the player has great upside, they'll take the risk. Leao imo is that big exception. He's a star, and not jus any run of the mill Serie A star, he's a 100+ million player. You don't just let that disintegrate into nothing. Zlatan was out of our wage structure, we can easily shift that over to Leao. Bennacer can easily be given something similar to Theo. That's all very doable and wouldn't effect our salary structure at all.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 4 2022, 02:29 PM
Post #209

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 4 2022, 01:52 PM) *
I don't think that means we'll keep following the Elliot way completely though. Elliot is a hedge fund, they wanted to flip the asset for good money. They brought the right people in, limited costs, made the club successful again within certain parameters. Their strategy was for a short term ownership and selling again

RedBird are and investment firm. They're going for a more long term strategy. They want the asset to grow, become successful, self-sufficient and profitable. I think that will mean that money will be invested at first to help make sure that we reach the ultimate goal of being profitable.

Also, exceptions were made under Elliot like Zlatan, or big money moves like Leao, Tomori and recently CDK. If they believe the player has great upside, they'll take the risk. Leao imo is that big exception. He's a star, and not jus any run of the mill Serie A star, he's a 100+ million player. You don't just let that disintegrate into nothing. Zlatan was out of our wage structure, we can easily shift that over to Leao. Bennacer can easily be given something similar to Theo. That's all very doable and wouldn't effect our salary structure at all.

Exactly. Gazidis' words shouldn't be taken as a simple copy/paste of Elliott's previous conduct. The strategy will be similar in the sense that it's imperative to maintain a debt-free capital structure and increase revenues, but RedBird want this brand to increase in appeal over the medium-to-long term. Hence, I expect a gradual change in certain aspects like the salary cap and the spending budget. RedBird is gathering important investors and they have the money, so I'm very optimistic about the future.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 4 2022, 05:35 PM
Post #210

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 4 2022, 02:29 PM) *
Exactly. Gazidis' words shouldn't be taken as a simple copy/paste of Elliott's previous conduct. The strategy will be similar in the sense that it's imperative to maintain a debt-free capital structure and increase revenues, but RedBird want this brand to increase in appeal over the medium-to-long term. Hence, I expect a gradual change in certain aspects like the salary cap and the spending budget. RedBird is gathering important investors and they have the money, so I'm very optimistic about the future.

They Yankees partnership is particularly interesting, as well as having LeBron and Drake being part of the LA investment firm who have a minority stake.

They're going to push for big commercial expansion, especially in the US, you can't do that with a sub-par product. That's why I think that they will invest in the team and make sure to keep our top draw assets, and Leao especially is a top draw player who's also going to be huge in a commercial sense

And once again, giving Leao the 7m he's reportedly requesting is fair. He's worth it and he'll ensure we earn that back not only through commercial earnings but by being consistent challengers who are a consistent CL team. And once again, it won't effect any wage structure, we'd just be shifting over Zlatan's old wage onto him

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:58 AM