Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Euro 2016

kurtsimonw
post Jun 12 2016, 09:56 PM
Post #31

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

English media raving about Perisic's performance. He was superb.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Jun 12 2016, 11:08 PM
Post #32

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,786

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 12 2016, 11:43 PM) *
Come on guys! Let's not bring such an issue anywhere near here. d'Arc, I'm very certain kurt was not referencing race in any way shape or form when he made that comment so let's please not bring such a sensitive issue here.

If you say so. But I dont think a Turkish Milan fan would feel the same if it was part of our forum. I know I would feel like that if someone said the same thing about Kosova or Albania. Cheers.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jun 12 2016, 11:11 PM
Post #33

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Jun 13 2016, 01:08 AM) *
If you say so. But I dont think a Turkish Milan fan would feel the same if it was part of our forum. I know I would feel like that if someone said the same thing about Kosova or Albania. Cheers.

But wait. It really doesn't add up, what you're saying. Kurt was referring to how Turkey played today. I don't think any honest Turk (Milan fan or not) would be pleased with the way his team stood on the ground today or what was displayed. No?

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Jun 12 2016, 11:26 PM
Post #34

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 13 2016, 01:11 AM) *
But wait. It really doesn't add up, what you're saying. Kurt was referring to how Turkey played today. I don't think any honest Turk (Milan fan or not) would be pleased with the way his team stood on the ground today or what was displayed. No?

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 12 2016, 05:53 PM) *
A loss for Turkey is a victory for everyone. Good job Croatia.

This comment has nothing to do with the level of gameplay that Turkey showed on the field. Eitherway, I just felt irritated by that comment, if you dont feel the same it is your opinion. I know that I would feel quite unpleased if someone in this forum said that a loss for Albania is a victory for everyone.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 13 2016, 01:32 AM
Post #35

Prima Squadra

We all have our reasons. My first hand experiences, viewing experiences and experiences of people I know are all very negative in regards to Turkish football. Whether it's coming to my city and attacking families, stabbing tourists to death because they have an English shirt on, fans showing support for terror related deaths in Europe or their players "kick first, play football later" attitude on the pitch. I know people from the US, Bulgaria, Greece who have negative feelings towards Turkey in football - the less they are involved in big tournaments, the better IMO.

Anyway.

A good win for Germany tonight. I think defensively they do not look good at all. Ukraine are mediocre at best and should've scored a few. But I would say overall they put up the overall best showing so far. England played very well, but sloppy defending cost us, but our first half was probably the most dominant 45 minutes by a team so far. Croatia also very impressive and Wales didn't play particularly well but they were effective. Albania and Switzerland were quite equal and both played decent. I think France were bad, Romania were just as bad, Poland did what they had to do but NI are easily the worst so far so it is hard to judge. Ukraine had a good 10 minutes, but otherwise their midfield looks completely invisible both with and without the ball.

Still some big teams to play though. Belgium-Italy is probably the most interesting game of the first round of games.

+Quote Post

milanbuf88
post Jun 13 2016, 03:26 AM
Post #36

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,674

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 11 2016, 02:04 PM) *
But traditionally Italy are a big team with high expectations. And as I said, he's not going to have the same influence as he does when working all season with a club side. National football is a completely different beast to club football and the man after Conte should have been a more careful and well thought out decision considering the state of the talent pool.

Traditional strength is irrelevant. Maldini and Baggio aren't taking the field in France. Unless there is some serious development or revelation in the next two years, Ventura will be coaching a team that will be far from the favorites conversation in Russia. Who would be your choice for the position? I'd love for Ancelotti but he's not interested in it just yet. My guess is that he'll be the coach for 2022.

This post has been edited by milanbuf88: Jun 13 2016, 03:27 AM

+Quote Post

Ry4n
post Jun 13 2016, 04:50 AM
Post #37

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 932

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 13 2016, 05:32 AM) *
We all have our reasons. My first hand experiences, viewing experiences and experiences of people I know are all very negative in regards to Turkish football. Whether it's coming to my city and attacking families, stabbing tourists to death because they have an English shirt on, fans showing support for terror related deaths in Europe or their players "kick first, play football later" attitude on the pitch. I know people from the US, Bulgaria, Greece who have negative feelings towards Turkey in football - the less they are involved in big tournaments, the better IMO.

Anyway.

hmm...

This post has been edited by Ry4n: Jun 13 2016, 04:53 AM

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Jun 13 2016, 08:49 AM
Post #38

Giovanissimi Nazionali

I am really not interested to start a debate, also Im not interested in reading your intentions because if you were sincere then you wouldnt have to exuse yourself.

As for the behavior of the Turkish fans that you mentioned, I wont fall into cheking if the stories that youre telling are true or not, but if we go by that logic, are not England fans even more `fanatics` ? They proved that in their long history, but also in Euro 2016. Ref: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/footbal...n-a7077911.html

Does that mean that I can make the same comments about Englands NT and Englishmen ? I would never do it because that wouldnt be fair and my comments would be xenophobic.

As for the people from the countries that you mentioned and their opinion towards Turkey, of course they dont see it with their best eye, its like asking an Albanian to give an opinion about Serbs. You expect him not to be biased?

Eitherway, Im not interested to continue this, I leave it to your conscience.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Jun 13 2016, 09:18 AM
Post #39

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

I must admit I was hoping for Ukraine to upset Germany. I thought Yarmolenko running at Hector would cause them problems. It did, but not enough to make the win.

+Quote Post

Ry4n
post Jun 13 2016, 09:54 AM
Post #40

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 932

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jun 13 2016, 01:18 PM) *
I must admit I was hoping for Ukraine to upset Germany. I thought Yarmolenko running at Hector would cause them problems. It did, but not enough to make the win.

I think Sheva argued Milan should buy Yarmolenko but i doubt we will try , he will probably go to Tottenham or some club over there.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 13 2016, 12:49 PM
Post #41

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Jun 13 2016, 09:49 AM) *
Does that mean that I can make the same comments about Englands NT and Englishmen ? I would never do it because that wouldnt be fair and my comments would be xenophobic.

There would be nothing wrong with it. I'd argue we're the most disliked national team there is. Do we care? I've also not said anything about Turkish people, just that I don't like their football fanatics and team, so don't put words in my mouth. I also expect their to be clashes at tournaments. Russia have been the worst so far, they attacked England fans in the stadium, two are in critical condition and over 30 injured. But I'm probably not allowed to dislike them, either.

Don't like it. Put me on block. I'm certainly doing the same with you and your shocking accusations. Any decent person would apologise, obviously you don't fall in to thar bracket.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Jun 13 2016, 01:23 PM
Post #42

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 13 2016, 07:19 PM) *
There would be nothing wrong with it. I'd argue we're the most disliked national team there is. Do we care? I've also not said anything about Turkish people, just that I don't like their football fanatics and team, so don't put words in my mouth. I also expect their to be clashes at tournaments. Russia have been the worst so far, they attacked England fans in the stadium, two are in critical condition and over 30 injured. But I'm probably not allowed to dislike them, either.

Don't like it. Put me on block. I'm certainly doing the same with you and your shocking accusations. Any decent person would apologise, obviously you don't fall in to thar bracket.

There. As mod, I hereby record this as kurtiepoo's clarification. I'm sure this clears what he meant by the original statement. So can we consider this issue closed?

I'd happily take Yarmolenko as an upgrade over Sharaawy. Trouble is he is a proper winger. We would have to play the Cruyff diamond or something to make it work. I really can't handle one more season of our team learning a new formation only to realise we suck at it.

--RB----CB---CB-----LB-----
--------HoldMid--------------
---RCM-----------LCM--------
-------False9/#10------------
--WingFwd1-----WingFwd2---

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jun 13 2016, 08:27 PM
Post #43

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

Conte couldn't have picked a more uninspiring side from the already meagre picking he took over there. Only person left to complete the mediocrity show is Motta

Giaccherini, Candreva, Parolo, Eder, Pelle. What a joke!!

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 13 2016, 08:33 PM
Post #44

Prima Squadra

JACKY BOY!

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jun 13 2016, 08:50 PM
Post #45

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 13 2016, 08:33 PM) *
JACKY BOY!

Well that shut me up

Darmian has sadly been the worst one out there, followed by Parolo and Candreva equally

Glad the Juve defence + De Rossi are doing their job and keeping the difference makers in the Belgian squad quiet so far

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:47 AM