Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Milan needs a revolution

KillerMax
post Feb 16 2011, 08:48 AM
Post #1

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,388

We see a lot of teams with revolutions every year that yields no tangible results for them in what they are pursuing, but we are no Real Madrid neither are we Genoa. This team needs to be built from new in a lot of ways. From new players, to new medical staff and new managerial infrastructure (under the supervision of Galliani and co unless Berlu is planing to sell). The time has come. No more Ronaldinho's or Cassano's. We need real character, real determination and a real squad.

I have to be honest, I have enjoyed watching Milan win league games this season, but I have not truly enjoyed this team in a long while. At the moment, we are a paper tiger. It is a shame that Ibra dictates the attitude on the pitch. He should shut the **** up and be the great forward that he is and shove all of the rest of his ****y attitude up his *** and be happy that a team like Milan will have him. We are so desperate to win that we are willing to suck this guys **** and let him be a role model for other players. When he obviously is not. Even when he scores and we win, I am happy that Milan win, and can admire Ibra's magic football, but other than that, he has nothing over any other player we have. I truly feel bad for Pato here. He is a kid and I bet he is a bit confused as to how he should act and conduct himself right now. Why the rant about Ibra in this thread? You might think I'm losing train of thought, but no, this is exactly why we need a revolution in this team. Patching up this team with mediocre players and relying on Ibra magic is a weak approach. My point is that by us failing to deal with our needs as a club head-on we find ourselves in a situation that I never thought I would see Milan in. Look at the players running the show now: Gattuso (Maldini used to put him in his place like no other), Ibra, Boatang, Flamini, Cassano, Van Bommel.... These players are running around like loose canons acting like big shots in our team right now and trust me Cassano's time will come and I think we ALL know that. If it is like this then I will slowly reconsider Milan. Yes, this is that serious. Either we revolutionize this team according to our objectives and principles, or Milan will lose the prestige it once held, not just as a club with a tremendous past and silverware cabinet, but the actual show of sport and grit and character of its players, their integrity to a greater human cause or at least their understanding and respect to this notion.

We are losing the integrity of our club out of desperation to win with a make shift squad and this is a first for me to witness as a Milan fan. At least when we lost before, it was that, a loss, usually heavy and bitter. But never to the point of ridicule and at the cost of our very identity. A revolution of all sorts should be under way if we are to rediscover what we stand for and even go beyond.

So not only should this revolution reinforce the team in many areas we lack, it should also reaffirm us as a club and shine a light on our path. The path of a great team with great leaders. A team that not only managed to win a lot and bring in the fans, but a team that also gained the respect of others. A team that acted with class in Puerta's tragic case and showed great pride in the way they took to the field. Because such is the way of Red and Black and it is why I am a Milan fan.

This post has been edited by KillerMax: Feb 16 2011, 09:14 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Feb 16 2011, 10:28 AM
Post #2

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

Yes and No. When they came in, the famous Dutch trio weren't exactly meek lambs either. And they fit in perfectly alright.

So Ibra, Cassano and Robinho I think are being judged and sentenced before any actual incident. I have no problems with Ibra shouting at Zee. That incident was already explained away by Ibra. And if you saw the Parma match, you cannot in all honesty say that we were relying on Ibra magic.

By that yardstick, we've in previous seasons depended on Maldini magic, Nesta magic, Sheva magic and Kaka magic...depending on whoever was our most important and in-form player.

I don't have a problem with the team composition as such, but last night's performance was not only only bad, it was disgusting. I can take losing the match, what I cannot take is us acting like a bunch of cvnts...which is what we did. We've played far worse than yesterday before. I could even accept the loss considering we had no mid-field. But what about playing with respect?

Rino Gattuso must not only be banned by the UEFA, but also by the team management. He can no longer be captain, he's dishnonoured that band worn with a lot of pride and integrity by players far greater than he can aspire to be.

I cannot imagine in a million years Ambrosini acting like that. Or the players who have worn the armband before acting like that.

Rino can apologise all he wants, it doesn't make the wrong right. He musn't play again for Milan in the CL or the League this year. He shouldn't even be called up. If this upsets him, he can rescind and leave.

If he truly wants to show he's Milanista and a fan, let him show up every match to support the team for the rest of the season from the stands while taking the punishment 'like a man', a term he likes to use a lot.

If Allegri doesn't have the balls, then Silvio and Galliani must take a stand. I will be very disappointed if we push the scuffle off as 'nothing'.

This is AC Milan, we are a winning club. Yes. But we stand for a lot more than just winning.

+Quote Post

Milan Are Brilli...
post Feb 16 2011, 11:09 AM
Post #3

Berretti
Group Icon

Member No.: 90

I think what has happened this season is the closest we've come to a 'revelation' in years. Sure it didn't work out last night but we are certainly on the right track with what we are trying to do. No doubt we are going to get a few quality players in, in the summer that will strengthen us up again. Last night we were missing players due to injury and ineligibility which obviously didn't help.

The problem is we can't afford the top, top players and believe it or not they wouldn't want to come to us anyway. We might believe they do, but no they'd rather go to England or Spain. The best way is to get youngsters but then actually play them, not just sit them on the bench 24/7, then loan them out for us to never see them again. Barca always give their youngsters a chance and look at them now.

I think the obvious should happen in the summer and that's to get rid of 4/5 of our mid 30 year olds, to a| reduce the wage bill and b| mean we have to start playing some of our youngsters. Yes, I know this is Milan and there are different values the family club etc, but we won't win things in this day and age by playing 4/5 35 year olds, certainly not Europe.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Feb 16 2011, 11:14 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Feb 16 2011, 04:39 PM) *
I think what has happened this season is the closest we've come to a 'revelation' in years. Sure it didn't work out last night but we are certainly on the right track with what we are trying to do. No doubt we are going to get a few quality players in, in the summer that will strengthen us up again. Last night we were missing players due to injury and ineligibility which obviously didn't help.

The problem is we can't afford the top, top players and believe it or not they wouldn't want to come to us anyway. We might believe they do, but no they'd rather go to England or Spain. The best way is to get youngsters but then actually play them, not just sit them on the bench 24/7, then loan them out for us to never see them again. Barca always give their youngsters a chance and look at them now.

I think the obvious should happen in the summer and that's to get rid of 4/5 of our mid 30 year olds, to a| reduce the wage bill and b| mean we have to start playing some of our youngsters. Yes, I know this is Milan and there are different values the family club etc, but we won't win things in this day and age by playing 4/5 35 year olds, certainly not Europe.

This above all. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif) I remember thinking in the first half, how we could have prison-f@cked them with Van Bommel and Cassano in, instead of Flamini and Seedorf.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Feb 16 2011, 11:35 AM
Post #5

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Feb 16 2011, 03:09 PM) *

Well said. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/king.gif) Saved me a lot of typing, LOL. And really, I think we will be seeing what you are talking about starting next season. I mean, Pirlo is the highest paid Italian in the league (I think), and one of the most important players for the team. The fact that the club is opening negotiations with him means they have woken up.

Let's just hope we shake hands with a lot of our over-the-hill players and get the new generation up and running!

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Feb 16 2011, 11:40 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

I'd love it too, but what new generation?

We're not going to challenge much with Strasser and Merkel starting, assuming we get rid of Rino, Seedorf, Pirlo and Ambro.

Who's coming instead of Nesta? Papa? Or Mexes? Is Abate truly ready to step into Zambrotta's shoes?

We have nothing...and until we do, we must stick with a few.

For me: Ambro, Pirlo, Zee and Nesta are must renews. I'd let Zee leave, if we can find a prime mid-fielder like Sahin or something.

Similarly a left back is a priority.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Feb 16 2011, 11:44 AM
Post #7

Berretti

I don't mean all of them, by all means work something out and renew with Ambro, Pirlo and Nesta at least. Gattuso too if he fits in (and Flamini leaves somehow). (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) And the young players, Jack, Jack, we will never know what they are capable of if we don't play them. Or throw them in the pan. Be brave, be bold, little pirate.

They can't be much worse than this older generation, who will be one year to the worse next season.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Feb 16 2011, 11:48 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

Oh I disagree...they can be quite a lot worse...and every game they 'improve' costs us. Remember what happened to Merkel against Catania?

+Quote Post

dst
post Feb 16 2011, 12:06 PM
Post #9

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

QUOTE (KillerMax @ Feb 16 2011, 09:48 AM) *
I have to be honest, I have enjoyed watching Milan win league games this season, but I have not truly enjoyed this team in a long while.

this

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 16 2011, 11:28 AM) *
I don't have a problem with the team composition as such, but last night's performance was not only only bad, it was disgusting. I can take losing the match, what I cannot take is us acting like a bunch of cvnts...which is what we did. We've played far worse than yesterday before. I could even accept the loss considering we had no mid-field. But what about playing with respect?

and this

it's as simple as this really, I can take losing as long as I lose with dignity and I can't fully enjoy winning unless it's done while showing character and ethics.

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 16 2011, 11:28 AM) *
I have no problems with Ibra shouting at Zee. That incident was already explained away by Ibra.

how did he explain that, what did he say? I did not read about it.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Feb 16 2011, 12:07 PM
Post #10

Berretti

True, but still I'd rather take my chances with a youngster who makes (and learns) from his mistakes than a senior veteran who stands in the middle of the pitch un-linking the attack and defense. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) It is about time Seedorf takes a permanent bench spot (if he renews for another year that is) and Merkel/Strasser or anyone else starts. If not now, then when?

In a perfect world we would have lined up replacements for all our first XI players. But not to be, it seems, so we have got to make the best of what we can. Otherwise it can get much more ugly.

+Quote Post

dst
post Feb 16 2011, 12:13 PM
Post #11

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Feb 16 2011, 12:09 PM) *
Barca always give their youngsters a chance and look at them now.

one difference is, Barcelona seem to have an amazing youth system and youth scouting personnel while we don't and even if we magically created one instantly it'd still take a few years before we saw the results.

the big difference with Barcelona though is that their senior youth team play in Spain's Segunda DivisiĆ³n, just one level below Barcelona... that experience cannot be given to them by Milan or any other team for that matter.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Feb 16 2011, 12:15 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

He said Zee did say something annoying on purpose to piss Ibra off. Because Zee realised that Ibra wasn't being determined enough and that he plays better when he's pissed. He called Zee a very clever motivator or something like that.

+Quote Post

dst
post Feb 16 2011, 12:30 PM
Post #13

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 16 2011, 01:15 PM) *
He said Zee did say something annoying on purpose to piss Ibra off. Because Zee realised that Ibra wasn't being determined enough and that he plays better when he's pissed. He called Zee a very clever motivator or something like that.

something like "didn't you see me all alone there, was your nose blocking your view?"? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

Milan Are Brilli...
post Feb 16 2011, 01:19 PM
Post #14

Berretti
Group Icon

Member No.: 90

QUOTE (dst @ Feb 16 2011, 11:13 AM) *
one difference is, Barcelona seem to have an amazing youth system and youth scouting personnel while we don't and even if we magically created one instantly it'd still take a few years before we saw the results.

BS, we just buy young players and don't give them a chance bar Pato in recent years and even him we've turned against.

Remember giving away Gourcuff?! He'd be in our team now. Paloschi, there's loads we've had and done nothing with because there's too many people believing in this family, Milan are a different club philosophy.

Sure, it might have worked before but in this climate of football when you have Barca, Madrid, all the English teams. They are leaps and bounds above us. I've always defended Milan when people have said we are too old but the time has come where we need to clear out some of the deadweight from this team and start blooding some youngsters, some energy. If it weren't Spurs last night we would have been out of the tie by half-time, no doubt.

Barca went through the stage of not winning stuff and Madrid won everything. They gave the chance to younger players to shine, a lot of whom did, some didn't (Saviola etc). Barca didn't just suddenly turn great one year without years of previous effort.

+Quote Post

dst
post Feb 16 2011, 02:19 PM
Post #15

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Feb 16 2011, 02:19 PM) *
BS, we just buy young players and don't give them a chance bar Pato in recent years and even him we've turned against.

Remember giving away Gourcuff?! He'd be in our team now. Paloschi, there's loads we've had and done nothing with because there's too many people believing in this family, Milan are a different club philosophy.

Sure, it might have worked before but in this climate of football when you have Barca, Madrid, all the English teams. They are leaps and bounds above us. I've always defended Milan when people have said we are too old but the time has come where we need to clear out some of the deadweight from this team and start blooding some youngsters, some energy. If it weren't Spurs last night we would have been out of the tie by half-time, no doubt.

Barca went through the stage of not winning stuff and Madrid won everything. They gave the chance to younger players to shine, a lot of whom did, some didn't (Saviola etc). Barca didn't just suddenly turn great one year without years of previous effort.

You're right, I was talking about players coming through the ranks in our system. I agree that we're not giving youngsters chances, there's not even a doubt about that.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:00 PM