> Milan: Stars going nowhere

dst
post Jul 18 2006, 12:06 PM
Post #1

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

Milan have reassured supporters that they will not be selling any more of their star players.

The Rossoneri have already lost striker Andrei Shevchenko and been stripped of their place in the UEFA Champions League, while they will also start the new Serie A campaign with a 15-point deficit as punishment for their part in the match-fixing scandal.

Fears have arisen that the likes of Gennaro Gattuso, Andrea Pirlo and Kaka may also jump ship and plunge Milan into a season of mid-table mediocrity.

However, the club are determined to retain their place among Europe's elite and have insisted that, following Shevchenko's sale to Chelsea, they will not fall into the same trap again.

"The place that Milan holds in millions of hearts in Italy, Europe and all over the world is really special," read a statement released on the club's official website.

"It is correct to reaffirm that, after Shevchenko's exit, there will not be others.

"Milan want to underline publicly to everyone, that, without exception, contracts are there to be respected.

"There could be changes in a few areas because of the current situation, but nothing that could affect the first team.

"Seeing Shevchenko leave has already caused us a lot of sadness and it will not be repeated."

Planet Football
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Portman
post Jul 18 2006, 03:07 PM
Post #2

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 347

"It is correct to reaffirm that, after Shevchenko's exit, there will not be others.

I hope so... I hope so.

+Quote Post

Costacurta
post Jul 18 2006, 04:01 PM
Post #3

Esordienti B 96

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 1,611

Good, this is proper hard-nosed Milan. In terms of the management structure and so forth, Milan are amongst the best. They know that a contract is legalls binding. So enforce it. And grab Zambrotta, Trezeguet and Buffon while we're at it.

+Quote Post

gal_kenny
post Jul 18 2006, 04:03 PM
Post #4

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 2,128

QUOTE (Costacurta @ Jul 18 2006, 03:01 PM)
Good, this is proper hard-nosed Milan. In terms of the management structure and so forth, Milan are amongst the best. They know that a contract is legalls binding. So enforce it. And grab Zambrotta, Trezeguet and Buffon while we're at it.

I hope so too. I heard that Trezequet has a pre contract with liverpool for a loan or something. Well i definitely don't wanna see him in milan. I think he's a good striker but i also think he is a fluke

+Quote Post

dst
post Jul 18 2006, 04:07 PM
Post #5

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

QUOTE (Costacurta @ Jul 18 2006, 06:01 PM)

Right! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
Welcome back!!!

+Quote Post

nmcg
post Jul 18 2006, 04:10 PM
Post #6

Pulcini 97

Member No.: 2,039

Trezeguet would be better than smelly ibrahimovic
24 goals sounds better than 7

+Quote Post

dudernahata
post Jul 18 2006, 10:51 PM
Post #7

Esordienti B 96

Member No.: 572

good thing milan is acting this way now. no players need to leave anymore.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:23 PM