drucurl
post Apr 23 2012, 02:32 PM
Post #166

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 4,041

More Pessimism so you might want to skip this one too

Seeing the likes of
Muntari, Aqualani, fossils of Zambrotta, Seedorf and Gattuso UTTERLY DISGUSTS ME.

then of course there's $#!tlegri.

I never understood the $#!t Leonardo gets from some Milanistas...but I CAN say that I have NOTHING but respect for the guy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif) He never settled for the excuse of a squad that he got and always strove for improvements. He was naive in many ways, especially tactically but he had AMBITION....or more correctly...ENTERPRISE.

To be brutal I'd rather we lost trying to get there than going in half@ssed....and the ultra conservative approaches that ultimately leaves us the same result.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

acid911
post Apr 23 2012, 10:05 PM
Post #167

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

That's not pessimism, that's reality. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy.gif) For all his shortcomings, Leonardo had a downright pathetic squad.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Apr 24 2012, 07:54 AM
Post #168

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (acid911 @ Apr 24 2012, 12:05 AM) *
That's not pessimism, that's reality. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy.gif) For all his shortcomings, Leonardo had a downright pathetic squad.

He did, but he also had a treble winning squad in inter and did nothing there either (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Apr 24 2012, 08:26 AM
Post #169

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

Nah! Leonardo's only saving grace was his personality and that he valued creativity. Other than that he would have been a bad choice. He would need a top top team to do anything of repute.

And please no to Rijkaard!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) I can't believe he is even being suggested. None of the Dutch coaches bar Hiddink are what we need right now.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Apr 24 2012, 08:26 AM
Post #170

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 24 2012, 11:54 AM) *
He did, but he also had a treble winning squad in inter and did nothing there either

He was "this" close in doing something with them, but then Pato intervened. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/innocent.gif) I'm surprised you fail to recall that he lifted inter from 15 (or was it 17) points below us, to striking distance in the derby. Had they won that match, in which Pato scored a brace, they'd have been level or a point ahead. And the Scudetto race? Wide open.

And this he did with a severely demoralized squad after that freak of a coach rammed them to the ground. Yes, I am talking about the Spaniard that went by the name of Rafa Benetiz. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Or should I say joke of a coach, or coach at all. Sure Leo's overly attacking strategy had its demerits as well, but fault him at your own peril.

He wasn't a great (or even good) coach by any means, but a darn good motivator. And sometimes that's all one needs. I mean he was burdened with a monster known as R80, and he motivated him to score hatricks. The 4-3-3 he employed was hampered by the lack of players - duds like Borriello were playing in the middle, and talents like Huntelaar and Pato were on the wings. That's beyond bad, man, that's beyond bad.

Speaking of duds, "The Dud Of Duds" will win another league title. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) Yes, I'm talking about Borriello.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Apr 24 2012, 02:20 PM
Post #171

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

I can't believe Leonardo is being praised; the joke of all coaches.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Apr 25 2012, 08:27 AM
Post #172

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

Indeed.

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 10 11 12
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:01 AM