dst
post Jan 19 2007, 10:49 AM
Post #31

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 19 2007, 11:43 AM)
So you would choose either Bonera or Simic over Cafu??

Unless we get Oddo (which is looking highly unlikely) Cafu is our best choice, neither Bonera nor Simic is a RB and they don’t play well in that position

Definitely!

He can't even hang tough a mere 30min. And I'm quite sure he didn't make at least ONE good pass last time he played!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 19 2007, 11:02 AM
Post #32

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (dst @ Jan 19 2007, 09:49 AM)
Definitely!

He can't even hang tough a mere 30min. And I'm quite sure he didn't make at least ONE good pass last time he played!

Agreed but he is still the better choice. The formation we play can only be played with attacking fullbacks, and Bonera and Simic don’t give us any width.

I’m just hoping that we’ll get Oddo after this game is finished

+Quote Post

dst
post Jan 19 2007, 11:31 AM
Post #33

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 19 2007, 12:02 PM)
Agreed but he is still the better choice. The formation we play can only be played with attacking fullbacks, and Bonera and Simic don’t give us any width.

But he can't help either the attack or the defence... Last time he actually did something useful was assisting Kaka to score his second against Anderlecht!

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 19 2007, 11:39 AM
Post #34

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (dst @ Jan 19 2007, 10:31 AM)
But he can't help either the attack or the defence... Last time he actually did something useful was assisting Kaka to score his second against Anderlecht!

He had a great game against Udinese.

Yes he can't play for more then 30 minutes anymore but I would still choose him over Bonera and Simic.

But you are right he isn't helping that much out in defence either. I think he makes the most impact when he is a sub in the second half, maybe we should try this out against Lazio... (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

His game against Reggina was utter sh!t all he did was lose the ball and we can't do that against Lazio.

I'm just hoping that we win really, nothing else, even though something tells me that this will probably be a draw

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Jan 19 2007, 08:49 PM
Post #35

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 19 2007, 01:39 PM)
He had a great game against Udinese.

Yes he can't play for more then 30 minutes anymore but I would still choose him over Bonera and Simic.

But you are right he isn't helping that much out in defence either. I think he makes the most impact when he is a sub in the second half, maybe we should try this out against Lazio...  (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

His game against Reggina was utter sh!t all he did was lose the ball and we can't do that against Lazio.

I'm just hoping that we win really, nothing else, even though something tells me that this will probably be a draw

If Gila, Kaka, and Pirlo are in their optimum level .. I think this will be an easy game. Cuz Lazio have to attack and that is enough space for the three of them to push forward.

Milan 3 - 1 Lazio (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/devil.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 19 2007, 09:11 PM
Post #36

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Serie A Preview: Lazio-Milan

In what is always a thrilling encounter, this particular match will be affected by more than just the play on the field.

When: Sunday January 21, 20:30 (CET)

Where: Stadio Olimpico, Rome, Italy

BACKGROUND

Whenever Milan venture to Rome to take on Lazio, it is always special. For some reason, these two sides seem to give their absolute best when playing each other. But beyond the final result of this match will also be the undertones of one very large off-the-field issue.

Previous matches between these clubs have been the stuff of legend, with the rare exception being last season’s scoreless draw in Rome. Some classic goals have been scored, and many legendary players have performed in this fixture. Names like Silvio Piola and Giorgio Chinaglia come to mind for Lazio, while Milan were able to field their own legends, such as Gianni Rivera and Marco Van Basten, not to mention all of the current greats in this encounter.

The match this Sunday should be no different than what has taken place before. In the opening match of this season, Milan defeated Lazio 2-1 in Milan. Both sides challenged the goal on numerous occasions, and appeared to be in good form, despite the lack of match fitness.

The possible transfer of Massimo Oddo looms large over this match. There has been talk of his impending departure from Lazio to join Milan ever since last season, especially given his ties to the Rossoneri (he came up in the Milan youth ranks). The discussions over his transfer have pretty much gone from civil to heated, and no one knows for sure if he will get his wish of rejoining Milan after all these years.

CURRENT FORM

Lazio (L W D, 26 points)

The Biancocelesti are in joint-fourth place with Catania, and will have an opportunity to secure this spot for themselves alone should Catania slip in their match against Cagliari on Sunday.

The attack has been led by Tommaso Rocchi, who has seven goals on the season. He has not been the only player on form, however. Massimo Oddo, Goran Pandev and Stefano Mauri have chipped-in five goals apiece.

Milan (W W W, 23 points)

Milan are in their best form of the season, with the goals finally starting to flow as they did last term. Three consecutive victories have been highlighted by their nine goals scored (three in each) and only one conceded.

The squad is finally starting to play cohesively, and their determination is very evident. A win over Lazio could see them jump up to fourth place, depending on what happens to the sides between them and the fourth spot.

TEAM NEWS

Lazio will field a full squad. Well, almost. Guglielmo Stendardo is suspended, but Sebastiano Siviglia returns from his own suspension.

Milan do not have any players suspended, but again have many injuries to deal with. Kakhaber Kaladze and Kakà are not totally fit, although the latter will be decided on likely very close to kickoff time. Alessandro Nesta and Serginho are missing from the defense for sure, while reserve ‘keeper Zeljko Kalac has a knee problem.

Fortunately, first-choice netminder Nelson Dida has returned to fitness, and may be fielded. If not, then expect to see Marco Storari between the posts, who was recently signed from Messina.

PLAYERS TO WATCH

Tommaso Rocchi (Lazio) – He runs tirelessly, and that is bad news for the Milan defense, who have had spells of poor play throughout the season.

Alberto Gilardino (Milan) – He has caught fire, and should continue this rich vein of form, having scored five goals in the last four matches.

POSSIBLE STARTING XI’s

Lazio (4-4-2): Peruzzi; Oddo, Cribari, Siviglia, Zauri; Mudingayi, Ledesma, Mutarelli, Mauri; Rocchi, Pandev

Milan (4-3-1-2): Dida; Cafu, Bonera, Maldini, Jankulovski; Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf; Kakà; Oliveira, Gilardino

PREDICTION

Well, first of all, it will be exciting and filled with attacking movements. Second, a number of yellow cards will be handed out, for sure. Finally, comes the prognostication. Having not lost away to Lazio since 1998, now is not the time for Milan to buck this trend, and they should be able to add another three points to their tally.

Lazio 1-2 Milan

Joel Whitehead

+Quote Post

berenike_10
post Jan 20 2007, 12:14 AM
Post #37

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 1,894

I think cafu shlud be use in extremis moments, in the sencond half, but the big questions is wich player can ancelotti place in that role, because the two options that we have are not the best ones, due that bonera plays awfully as a Rb, he plays better as a cb and well, simic is quite having some up's and down's he can play one game in a incredible way, bur be irregular on the next tree or four games, but having this two choices id go for Simic, cafu cannot be on the field 90 min anymore , that cafu is gone, it woul be better to play with a 3 man defence ans has cafu as a complete winger from the midfield, and have gatusso more like a defender that a midfielder, but in this case, that's why we really , but really need Oddo, he's really fast to be 30 y/o, and it woul be an incredible help for the champions league.

I really hope they can bring oddo , and like i stated before a forwar that can play with us in the champions league, but, well if ronnie comes to milan this winter, he will be well recived , after all, eventhough he's a little bit chubby, he's still the phenomenom.

+Quote Post

Portman
post Jan 20 2007, 01:18 PM
Post #38

Berretti

Member No.: 347

(IMG:http://www.clickandbuy.com/extra/logos/baw_149x59_neutral_negativ.gif)

Our sponsor: www.bwin.com is going to broadcast tomorrow's match. (LIVE VIDEO)

You've to be registered in bwin.com (have an account) to watch the LIVE VIDEO service.

This post has been edited by Portugal: Jan 20 2007, 01:19 PM

+Quote Post

dst
post Jan 20 2007, 04:35 PM
Post #39

Primavera
Group Icon

Ancelotti Press Conference
Saturday 20 January, 2007

As Milan anxiously await news from Madrid, Carlo Ancelotti tried to focus his men against Lazio by pointing out Ronaldo’s arrival isn’t indispensable.

“In this situation we will wait until January 31 to see what happens. I don’t have any sensations about what’s going to develop, as it doesn’t depend on Milan,” said the Coach as the saga drags on.

The approach for the Real Madrid star, who is trying to terminate his contract immediately so that he can move on a free transfer, came after Marco Borriello was suspended for failing a routine drugs test.

“Even if Borriello is out, we have three strikers of great quality and there are games in which Kaka can play in a more advanced role. It’s not imperative to have four strikers, so another signing in that department isn’t an emergency.”

Nonetheless, Ancelotti was happy to answer questions during his Press Conference on how Ronaldo would fit into the side.

“He has never played alongside Alberto Gilardino, but if people suggest they are incompatible, then that could motivate them to prove the doubters wrong.”

Real realise Il Fenomeno is hardly concentrated at the moment, so Fabio Capello left him out of the squad for this weekend’s encounter with Real Mallorca.

There has been precious little focus on Sunday’s showdown with Lazio, especially as one of their prime targets is Biancocelesti captain Massimo Oddo.

“To be honest, the transfer market doesn’t interest us much at the moment, as the team is working hard and these rumours leave us all indifferent from a professional point of view.”

Lazio seem to disagree, as it’s reported Delio Rossi could leave Oddo out of this match against his probable future employers.

“From an ethical standpoint, a professional should always be allowed to play. It’s a decision that is up to them,” added Ancelotti.

“We have to concentrate on Lazio, as it’s a very important game for our season and next year. We need to finish in the top four and Sunday’s match is a crucial crossroads in that respect.”

The former Juventus and Parma boss confirmed that Gilardino would play as the lone striker supported by Kaka and four midfielders, leaving Pippo Inzaghi and Ricardo Oliveira on the bench.

+Quote Post

dst
post Jan 20 2007, 04:36 PM
Post #40

Primavera
Group Icon

I think it will work!

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Jan 20 2007, 06:07 PM
Post #41

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,388

QUOTE (Portugal @ Jan 20 2007, 06:18 AM)
(IMG:http://www.clickandbuy.com/extra/logos/baw_149x59_neutral_negativ.gif)

Our sponsor: www.bwin.com is going to broadcast tomorrow's match. (LIVE VIDEO)

You've to be registered in bwin.com (have an account) to watch the LIVE VIDEO service.

ROFL! I can't even friggin register cause I live in the U.S........................... (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

Portman
post Jan 20 2007, 06:21 PM
Post #42

Berretti

QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Jan 20 2007, 05:07 PM)
ROFL! I can't even friggin register cause I live in the U.S........................... (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

You can't register? (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I though you were german. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Jan 20 2007, 06:24 PM
Post #43

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,388

QUOTE (Portugal @ Jan 20 2007, 11:21 AM)

German? Give me a break...

It's so f@cked up when I can't bet online, or even register for my team's sponser just to watch a game and have fun...

+Quote Post

Portman
post Jan 20 2007, 08:09 PM
Post #44

Berretti

LAZIO-MILAN:I CONVOCATI ROSSONERI

20/01/2007

Questi i convocati del Milan:
PORTIERI: Dida, Fiori, Storari (n.26);
DIFENSORI: Bonera, Cafu, Costacurta, Grimi, Maldini, Jankulovski, Simic;
CENTROCAMPISTI: Ambrosini, Brocchi, Gattuso, Gourcuff, Kakà, Pirlo, Seedorf;
ATTACCANTI: Aubameyang, Gilardino, Inzaghi, Ricardo Oliveira.

This post has been edited by Portugal: Jan 20 2007, 08:09 PM

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 20 2007, 09:04 PM
Post #45

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

We'll most pobably be playing a 4-4-1-1. With Kaka behind Gila

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:27 AM