Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 14/01/07 - Serie A - Milan v Reggina

HasanHasanly
post Jan 12 2007, 07:31 PM
Post #16

Esordienti A 95

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 476

Milan (probable): Kalac; Cafu, Simic, Kaladze, Jankulovski; Pirlo, Brocchi, Seedorf; Kaka; Gilardino, Oliveira

This worries me alot. I do not think that cafu-kaladze are the best choices that we have at the moment. But I hope Carletto makes some changes during the game.

I understand that Cafu is gaining form and Kala is reviving from the injury, but nevertheless, I would still prefer we test Grimi.

@dst

Who is the guy on the left and what team is that? (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

This post has been edited by HasanHasanly: Jan 12 2007, 07:32 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

dst
post Jan 12 2007, 07:39 PM
Post #17

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

QUOTE (HasanHasanly @ Jan 12 2007, 08:31 PM)

it's a Greek team I think... Apollo Kalamarias and the player is called... well... Kolobourdas... how should I know!??

... (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

HasanHasanly
post Jan 12 2007, 07:48 PM
Post #18

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 476

@dst

Wow, it is good to see the Greek teams trying to keep up (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Nice nice (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

dst
post Jan 12 2007, 07:51 PM
Post #19

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (HasanHasanly @ Jan 12 2007, 08:48 PM)

well they're giving it all they got... it's not like Kolobourdas is going to be the next Maldini... even if he looks like him in that picture...

+Quote Post

Diavolo
post Jan 12 2007, 10:12 PM
Post #20

Esordienti B 96

Member No.: 772

QUOTE (dst @ Jan 12 2007, 01:27 AM)

QUOTE (HasanHasanly @ Jan 12 2007, 07:31 PM)
@dst

Who is the guy on the left and what team is that? (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Joking or not (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) , that is the picture from 1999 when Pirlo (on the right) played for Reggina and scored a goal against us in that game (final result 1-1). The player on the left is Guly (Gulilmininpietro (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) ) who played for us back then (altough he looks very simmilar to Leonardo in that picture). That year we were celebrating the 100th birthday of our beloved club so we played with our first offical shirt in the history (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/king.gif) .

This is not a respons for dst it's just a response for those who didn't know some things that I have written above (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) .

This post has been edited by Diavolo: Jan 12 2007, 10:14 PM

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jan 12 2007, 11:35 PM
Post #21

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (HasanHasanly @ Jan 12 2007, 07:31 PM)
Milan (probable): Kalac; Cafu, Simic, Kaladze, Jankulovski; Pirlo, Brocchi, Seedorf; Kaka; Gilardino, Oliveira

I'm pretty sure Paolo will step in instead of Kaladze. Kala is still injured and Carlo said they're hoping to get him back against Lazio. I agree on the rest of the line up, even though I'd like to see Bonera instead of Simic.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 13 2007, 12:56 AM
Post #22

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (HasanHasanly @ Jan 12 2007, 06:31 PM)

This worries me alot. I do not think that cafu-kaladze are the best choices that we have at the moment. But I hope Carletto makes some changes during the game.

I understand that Cafu is gaining form and Kala is reviving from the injury, but nevertheless, I would still prefer we test Grimi.

I like the line-up.

The defence is probably the best we have, but I think Kala is still out injured or is still recovering. Paolo played against Birkirkara so I think he is going to start, either next to simic or next to Bonera.

About Grimi. Right now I don't think it's wise to just throw him into the line of fire like that. First of all he doesn't know what he's going to be up against, he will probably be nervous and might make a few mistakes. Having had such a positive start this would probably dampen his confidence. The best way is to integrate him slowly into the team, like we did with Kaka and like we are doing with Gourcuff.

Maybe if we are winning then he could come in and play another few minutes and we will see what he can do against slightly harder opposition.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 13 2007, 10:57 AM
Post #23

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Serie A Preview: Milan-Reggina

Following the winter break, play resumes in the Italian Serie A this weekend, with both of these clubs eager to put certain aspects of 2006 behind them for good and move forward in 2007.

When: Sunday January 14, 15:00 (CET)

Where: Stadio Giuseppe Meazza, Milan, Italy

Starting Anew

Milan arguably had a harder year in 2006 than any other club in all of Europe—they lost in the Champions League semifinal (partially due to a refereeing mistake in the second leg); their talismanic striker, Andriy Shevchenko, departed for Chelsea of England (his reason being for the sake of his family, but this is of course debatable due to the riches he received as compensation for the move); they were docked eight points at the start of the season, despite their limited involvement in the betting scandal known as Calciopoli (a low-ranking club official had, on his own volition, supposedly attempted to influence a referee).

If all this wasn’t enough, they also had a severe loss of form in the first part of this season. To say they struggled to score goals would be an enormous understatement. Between the months of September and October, they had a run of seven-consecutive matches without a goal by one of their strikers.

This stretch has now been broken, however, with the way Alberto Gilardino caught fire at the end of 2006. He scored five goals in the five matches Milan played during December, and may be ready for a breakout 2007.

Reggina will also make good use of the New Year to advance themselves. An eleven-point deduction saw them start the season around the bottom of the table, and they are still in eighteenth place. All hope is not lost, though, and they should be confident in their ability to avoid the drop to Serie B at the end of this term. The Amaranto would potentially climb out of the bottom three with a win against Milan.

While their defense has not been anything to brag about this campaign, their attack has been quite good. Most of the twenty-three goals scored have come through two players: Nicola Amoruso and Rolando Bianchi. Playing in a supporting role for most of the season, Amoruso has tallied an impressive seven goals so far, and Bianchi has contributed even more up front, with nine goals.

CURRENT FORM

Milan (D W W, 20 points, 12th place in Serie A)

The Rossoneri finished 2006 in great form. A hard-fought draw away to Fiorentina was followed by dual 3-0 victories over Catania and Udinese. It was starting to appear as though the wheels had come off of the Milan machine which had rolled from one success to another in the recent years, but that concern has been tossed out the window.

Their attacking pedigree has returned with aplomb, and 2007 begins with great expectations.

Reggina (L L W, 12 points, 18th place in Serie A)

A side generally regarded as an also-ran, Reggina have sparkled at times this season with good attacking football. They had a bit of a tailspin in the run-up to the end of 2006, but were able to finish the year with a dominant 4-1 home win versus a talented Empoli side.

TEAM NEWS

Milan, yet again, are without several first-choice players. Paolo Maldini, Alessandro Nesta and Nelson Dida are injured, while Giuseppe Favalli and Serginho are not fit either. Also, Gennaro Gattuso is suspended for this match because of accumulated yellow cards.

Reggina have no absentees at all for this match, and Daniele Amerini rejoins the side after his suspension.

PLAYERS TO WATCH

Kakà (Milan) – His form was not his best at the end of 2006, mostly because of the attention he received from opposing defenses due to his teammates’ inability to score. He will be rejuvenated and ready to go in 2007.

Rolando Bianchi (Reggina) – After a long break, players take time to get back in the swing of things, and this is especially true for defenders, so the recently-prolific Bianchi should get some very good opportunities in front of goal.

POSSIBLE STARTING XI’s

Milan (4-3-1-2): Kalac; Cafu, Simic, Kaladze, Jankulovski; Brocchi, Pirlo, Seedorf; Kakà; Oliveira, Gilardino

Reggina (3-4-2-1): Pelizzoli; Lanzaro, Lucarelli, Aronica; Mesto, Amerini, Tedesco, Modesto; Leon, Amoruso; Bianchi

PREDICTION

Both sides will be so anxious to start the year on a high, and this match should be full of attacking chances, but the rust of the winter break will show at times. Still, Milan will have the majority of the chances, and should be efficient enough to get the win.

Milan 2-1 Reggina

Joel Whitehead

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jan 13 2007, 01:59 PM
Post #24

According to Carlo's press conference today, here's the probable starting 11 for tomorrow:

Kalac
Cafu Simic Maldini Jankulovski
Pirlo
Gattuso Gourcuff
Seedorf
Gilardino Inzaghi

Kakà isn't available, and Carlo said Pippo and Gila might play together tomorrow. He also said Jankulovski might play instead of Gourcuff. I personally don't like the line up. I mean, if Ricky isn't playing then Oli should definitely get a spot. Pippo and Gila together aren't going to lead us anywhere. I just hope this doesn't turn up into another Siena or Torino, cause we absolutely need the 3 points tomorrow.

+Quote Post

dst
post Jan 13 2007, 02:45 PM
Post #25

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 13 2007, 02:59 PM)
Kakà isn't available, and Carlo said Pippo and Gila might play together tomorrow. He also said Jankulovski might play instead of Gourcuff.

Why Pippo and Gila again?? Why does he insist on it?? I can't find any other reason than Oliveira's availability and form...

Who will play at LB if Janku takes Gourcuff's place?? Not that this is going to happen, he has said he would do it before!

I hope we get the 3 points!! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/devil.gif)

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jan 13 2007, 03:22 PM
Post #26

QUOTE (dst @ Jan 13 2007, 02:45 PM)
Who will play at LB if Janku takes Gourcuff's place??

Probably Favalli. It seems Carlo likes him a lot. He's actually not that bad, but Janku's much better. He and Gourcuff should start from the beginning.

+Quote Post

dst
post Jan 13 2007, 04:26 PM
Post #27

Primavera
Group Icon

---------------------------------------------------------------
Kaka forces Ancelotti rethink
Saturday 13 January, 2007

Kaka is out of the clash with Reggina, but Carlo Ancelotti is confident Milan can begin their push towards the top four places.

“It’s a long road towards the Champions League spots, but we are on good form at the moment and must make the most of it,” commented the Coach.

The Rossoneri have lost all hope of the Scudetto after falling 28 points behind leaders Inter, with the aid of an eight-point Calciopoli penalty, but insist they can still catch Catania in fourth following their hard work in the winter training camp in Malta.

“We hope that the work we did can pay off. We have rediscovered our sharpness, fresh legs and the strikers have also found the way to the goal.”

Kaka will be out of action for tomorrow’s meeting at San Siro, as he is still struggling with a foot strain.

“We have decided to give Kaka the time to fully recover so that he can be in top condition for next week’s game with Lazio. Clarence Seedorf will play as a Trequartista instead.”

It’s therefore possible Ancelotti will move to the Christmas Tree formation with Seedorf and Yoann Gourcuff supporting lone striker Alberto Gilardino, although Ricardo Oliveira or Pippo Inzaghi could act upfront instead.

Milan have been at the centre of several transfer rumours this January and the Coach gave his views on some of the big stories.

“If Massimo Oddo does not arrive, then we won’t be tearing our hair out. Antonio Cassano is an excellent player, but we didn’t need someone with his characteristics. Ronaldo is a great champion, but there’s a long way to go until June, so we’ll wait and see.”

It’s reported that the Rossoneri had secured an agreement with David Beckham before he decided to leave Europe for LA Galaxy.

“He would’ve played regularly in my midfield. I’ve always liked him as a player,” added Ancelotti.

Football Italia

---------------------------------------------------------------

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 13 2007, 08:24 PM
Post #28

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 13 2007, 12:59 PM)
According to Carlo's press conference today, here's the probable starting 11 for tomorrow:

Kalac
Cafu Simic Maldini Jankulovski
Pirlo
Gattuso Gourcuff
Seedorf
Gilardino Inzaghi

Kakà isn't available, and Carlo said Pippo and Gila might play together tomorrow. He also said Jankulovski might play instead of Gourcuff. I personally don't like the line up. I mean, if Ricky isn't playing then Oli should definitely get a spot. Pippo and Gila together aren't going to lead us anywhere. I just hope this doesn't turn up into another Siena or Torino, cause we absolutely need the 3 points tomorrow.

Rino is suspended and JUST the idea of Pippo and Gila playing together is a sin.

We have Oli who even though hasn't set Serie A alight with his scoring capibilities, he has the perfect qualities to play as our supporting forward.

Carlo has been hinting at certain formations before games and then he comes out with totally different things recently so I hope this is the same scenario.

The best formation we could play tomorrow is this one I think

Cafu--Simic/Bonera--Maldini--Janku
------Brocchi--Pirlo--Gourcuff--------
--------------Seedorf------------------
-------Gilardino--Oliveira-------------

This is the time for Seedorf to step up and fill the void that will be left by Kaka. There is no doubt that he can support our attacking line. It just remains to be seen wether or not he will be in his 'resting and walking around mood'

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Jan 13 2007, 08:35 PM
Post #29

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

I think Carlo will start Gila alone. At least for the first half, then maybe introduce Pippo/Oli. As it may seem, I think Carlo will use such a formation through out the season. He tried it from the very start, but he couldnt get it to work.

Maybe now he has got the team prepared to play this formation. If Gourcuff shows his class w/ us this season. I have strong belief that this team with the x-tree formation, plus Oliviera as a substitute to this formation would bring us the CL. Cuz, I mean all we need is Nesta, Dida, Kaka, and Cafu/Simic, in the best of form and we would be stronger than many sides in the competition; considering where they lack.

p.s. I know I might be dreaming .. But what else have I got to loose (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/devilsmiley.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/devilsmiley.gif)

+Quote Post

milanistar
post Jan 13 2007, 08:49 PM
Post #30

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 605

Carlo will never play with one striker at San Siro, that's guaranteed (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 03:28 PM