Post #1

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

Milan - Lille

Group stage - Matchday 6 - 2006/2007

Wednesday 6th of December 2006

Time: 20:45 (Italian Time) 19:45 (UK Time)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Portman
post Dec 2 2006, 02:18 PM
Post #2

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 347

With or without Kaka' we should win.

1-0, Gilardino. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 2 2006, 02:21 PM
Post #3

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

Ricky should also rest for this one as we've already achieved the first spot. Hopefuly he'll be ready against Torino.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Dec 2 2006, 02:35 PM
Post #4

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 2 2006, 04:21 PM)
Ricky should also rest for this one as we've already achieved the first spot. Hopefuly he'll be ready against Torino.

Yea he should rest, we r through even if we loose

+Quote Post

misha
post Dec 2 2006, 06:39 PM
Post #5

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 787

AC Milan were confirmed as winners of Group H despite losing their unbeaten record against AEK Athens FC two weeks ago so the main focus in this game is whether LOSC Lille Métropole can qualify alongside them - to do so they have to better AEK's result at RSC Anderlecht. Lille have six points, one behind the in-form Greek outfit, but if the teams finish level the French side will progress thanks to their superior head-to-head record.

• Yet it is also possible for Claude Puel's side to miss out on qualification for the UEFA Cup as well and finish in last place. If they lose and Anderlecht beat AEK then that would put the Belgian champions equal on six points with Lille but in third position on head-to-head.

• Milan's defeat in Athens was a surprise because before Matchday 4 AEK had gone 21 games in the competition without sampling victory. But the 1-0 win against Lille transformed confidence and they then defeated their Italian visitors by the same scoreline, Júlio César's 32nd-minute free-kick hoisting AEK up into second place. It inflicted the Rossoneri's first defeat in the section and their first away from home in the competition in seven games.

Man on a mission
• Meanwhile Lille's hopes were experiencing a downward turn as they were held 2-2 at the Stade Félix-Bollaert by Anderlecht. Peter Odemwingie put the home team ahead but Mbo Mpenza was a man on a mission for the visitors and having equalised that goal he struck again at the start of the second half after Nicolas Fauvergue had restored Lille's lead.

• In the Matchday 2 fixture between the teams a combination of spirited teamwork and Milan's wayward finishing enabled Lille to claim an impressive 0-0 draw against the six-time European champions. Some believed Lille's porous defence would provide rich pickings for their opponents but ultimately they had as many good chances as the visitors to take victory.

• It was the first time the teams had met. Milan traditionally have the upper hand against French opponents at home - winning seven and drawing two of the nine games which began with the narrow UEFA Cup first-round defeat of AJ Auxerre in 1985.

Recent semi-final
• Last season, Carlo Ancelotti's team drew 0-0 against Olympique Lyonnais at the Stade Gerland before winning the home leg 3-1 to set up a UEFA Champions League semi-final with eventual winners FC Barcelona. One notable Milan defeat by French opposition was the 1-0 loss to Olympique de Marseille in the 1992/93 UEFA Champions League final, a game which featured current stars Paolo Maldini and Alessandro Costacurta.

• Lille have faced only two other Italian teams in UEFA competition and in each case experienced the winning feeling away from home. In the 2001/02 UEFA Champions League third qualifying round they won 2-0 at Parma FC, a result which meant they qualified for the group stage for the first time. After the group campaign they then went into the UEFA Cup where in the third round they beat ACF Fiorentina 1-0 in Tuscany and 2-0 at home.

©uefa.com

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 3 2006, 05:39 PM
Post #6

Galliani said Kakà will be back against Lille. I wouldn't mind him having some minutes, just to regain form.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 3 2006, 06:21 PM
Post #7

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

We will probab;y win this, or Carlo will field some Prima vera's and players who don't usually start to give some players some much needed rest. Pippo should start in this one or Boriello next to Oli. Pippo was getting really close today, and Boriello was very good even if he missed a couple of amazing chances, but I gues that's our story this season isn't it? To mis chance after chance (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

berenike_10
post Dec 4 2006, 12:07 AM
Post #8

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 1,894

QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 3 2006, 11:21 AM)
We will probab;y win this, or Carlo will field some Prima vera's and players who don't usually start to give some players some much needed rest. Pippo should start in this one or Boriello next to Oli. Pippo was getting really close today, and Boriello was very good even if he missed a couple of amazing chances, but I gues that's our story this season isn't it? To mis chance after chance  (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

That's what he will do , in the previous ucl , when milan had the second round guaranteed with the first place, they never won a game they lost against celta de vigo and other teams like those, so don't cheer up too much for this game, milan won't win, they will either tie or lose.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 4 2006, 02:22 AM
Post #9

Who really cares? We should forget about the Champions League for a while (until February) and concentrate on winning as much matches as possible in the league until the Christmas break.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 4 2006, 09:34 AM
Post #10

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 4 2006, 01:22 AM)
Who really cares? We should forget about the Champions League for a while (until February) and concentrate on winning as much matches as possible in the league until the Christmas break.

Exactly, I don't see why we should try and go for the win in this one. Since we are garaunteed first place then I wouldn't field even 3 regular starters, so that everyone will be rested for the Toro match.

I think I would go for something like this for out starting 11

Bonera--Simic--Kaladze--Antonelli
----Lunati---Pirlo--Ambrosini----
-------------Seedorf-------------
----------Pippo--Boriello--------

Kaladze should play because he needs to regain match fitness and quick. Antonelli on the left because Janku has been playing practically every match this season and needs a rest. Lunati, since we don't have anyone alse for the midfield, and Ambro so he can get some minutes into his legs, and Pirlo because he won't play next weekend, and maybe the one after that also.

Seedorf should play in Kaka's place since he always does good playing in the attacking midfielder role.

Pippo and Boriello since both played well against Cagliari and to give Gila and Oli some rest.

btw was Oli injured in the Cagliari match, he was having a rough time with everyone tackling him down everytime he got the ball, some of the fouls on him where seriously brutal

+Quote Post

gianni
post Dec 4 2006, 02:24 PM
Post #11

Pulcini 99

Member No.: 2,936

if Ac Milan will win in this match it will be an incorporeal winning for Ac Milan

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Dec 4 2006, 05:32 PM
Post #12

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 4 2006, 11:34 AM)
Exactly, I don't see why we should try and go for the win in this one. Since we are garaunteed first place then I wouldn't field even 3 regular starters, so that everyone will be rested for the Toro match.

Kaladze should play because he needs to regain match fitness and quick. Antonelli on the left because Janku has been playing practically every match this season and needs a rest. Lunati, since we don't have anyone alse for the midfield, and Ambro so he can get some minutes into his legs, and Pirlo because he won't play next weekend, and maybe the one after that also.

Seedorf should play in Kaka's place since he always does good playing in the attacking midfielder role.

Pippo and Boriello since both played well against Cagliari and to give Gila and Oli some rest.

btw was Oli injured in the Cagliari match, he was having a rough time with everyone tackling him down everytime he got the ball, some of the fouls on him where seriously brutal

I dont know about Seedorf up front, he'll kill us when going on the counter .. Maybe give Gourcuff the spot .. At the same time, let him gain confidence (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 4 2006, 07:10 PM
Post #13

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Dec 4 2006, 04:32 PM)
I dont know about Seedorf up front, he'll kill us when going on the counter .. Maybe give Gourcuff the spot .. At the same time, let him gain confidence (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

I just put seedorf there because he has more experiance and would be able to handlpe the much havier marking in that area.

+Quote Post

berenike_10
post Dec 4 2006, 10:10 PM
Post #14

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 1,894

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Dec 4 2006, 10:32 AM)

i would also prefer gourcuff , more minutes for this future crack , and we can see if he can manage to play in that role for 90 mins.

+Quote Post

milanistar
post Dec 4 2006, 10:40 PM
Post #15

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 605

QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 4 2006, 08:34 AM)

Do you really think Antonelli and Lunati have CL licences? (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

+Quote Post

13 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:43 PM