Fillipo Simone
post Sep 24 2007, 09:42 PM
Post #16

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

Bonera: We Are Not Snubbing The League

Daniele Bonera has rejected accusations that Milan only care about Champions League games after three consecutive draws in Serie A.

Carlo Ancelotti has a history of resting and rotating first-team players before European ties and this has led to accusations that the Rossoneri are not interested in trying to win the Scudetto.

Before Milan’s recent 2-1 Champions League victory over Benfica, Ancelotti rested a host of star names such as Andrea Pirlo and Kaka for the league match with Siena. 

“It is absolutely wrong to say that Milan are snubbing the league,” said Bonera. “We go on to the pitch to win always and we have the highest respect for our opponent. 

“We know that the problem exists and we are talking about with the coach. Maybe the Champions League takes away some of our energy but we cannot hide away. 

“Now we have two difficult games against Palermo and Catania. With regards to the Palermo game, we know we are playing a great team. Traditionally, the Sicilians always put us in great difficulty, like has happened in the past season. The fact that so far this campaign they have done better away from home means nothing.” 

The Rossoneri travel to the Stadio Renzo Barbera on Wednesday evening looking to notch up their first league win since matchday one.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Sep 25 2007, 12:25 AM
Post #17

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

Hope he has a successful career at Milan (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

+Quote Post

redbabies
post Apr 14 2008, 09:55 AM
Post #18

'the Duck'

Member No.: 144

Blog: Dan & Out

After his horror tackle on Momo Sissoko proved he has learned nothing, Susy Campanale urges Milan and Italy to drop Daniele Bonera

For many years now I have been saying that former Brescia and Parma defender Daniele Bonera is a liability. On Saturday night I was reminded of why and realised we can no longer use youthful exuberance as an excuse. He has done this sort of thing too often and just does not have the talent to justify risking him in a big match.

Mohamed Sissoko must be eternally grateful that his shins of steel did not crack like Eduardo's under Bonera's horror tackle. But for a few inches or a slightly different degree of weight placed on one leg, he could well have suffered a similar disaster as the Arsenal star. The fact the Juventus midfielder was able to get back up and continue playing should not be used to sweep Bonera's problems under the carpet.

Now I realise he did not go into the challenge intending to hurt the Juventus midfielder, so a five-match ban would probably be a little harsh. What I am saying is that Bonera should not be allowed near a Milan or especially an Azzurri shirt until he can prove that he understands the reasons behind this latest setback.

Back in his years at Brescia and the Under-21 squad, he was considered the bright hope of Italy's next generation of stoppers. The experts assured that the rash tackles and rushes of blood to the head would pass as he matured and worked alongside more experienced figures.

Bonera has now been playing with Paolo Maldini and Alessandro Nesta, yet still flies in with tackles like the one that effectively ruined Milan's slender Champions League hopes, not to mention risked devastating Sissoko's career.

He simply does not learn. The man will turn 27 next month, this is his eighth Serie A season and he certainly cannot hide behind that 'youthful exuberance' tag any longer.

source

+Quote Post

dst
post Apr 14 2008, 01:26 PM
Post #19

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

Why is this stupid ***** so extravagant in her articles? I'm not even going to bother about what she says as long as she keeps expressing herself in this manner.

+Quote Post

arivanjj
post Apr 14 2008, 02:13 PM
Post #20

7th Heaven

Member No.: 821

(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/sleepysmiley03.gif) ...

the boy is quality and that's final.

+Quote Post

whoarethepatriot...
post Apr 14 2008, 03:07 PM
Post #21

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 782

That blog is ridiculously harsh on him. Yes it was a rash and reckless tackle, but it was the first and probably last time he will do it for Milan

+Quote Post

Ry4n
post Apr 14 2008, 04:06 PM
Post #22

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 932

OMG i want to see a blog on Materazzi if she thinks that tackle was harsh look what he does "Susy Campanale urges Milan and Italy to drop Daniele Bonera" Where the hell does she get off saying stuff like this how bout drop her from Channel 4 .com

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Apr 14 2008, 04:15 PM
Post #23

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

(from the ticker on gazzetta dello sport)

MILANO - Il giudice sportivo ha inflitto due giornate di squalifica a Daniele Bonera (Milan), espulso sabato sera nel corso dell'anticipo della trentatreesima giornata del campionato di Serie A perso dai rossoneri per 3-2 contro la Juventus a Torino.

[Two game ban for Bonera for the red. Could have been a lot harsher.]

+Quote Post

dst
post Apr 14 2008, 04:51 PM
Post #24

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

QUOTE (Tennie @ Apr 14 2008, 05:15 PM)

SHOULD have been a lot harsher in my opinion. It was an utterly reckless tackle.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Apr 14 2008, 05:47 PM
Post #25

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

If they banned him for three games, I'd have been pretty much okay with that. Something that makes him think twice before making such fierce tackles again. You don't associate these sorts of tackles with the red part of Milan - only the blue one. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Plus, I hope the kid (is that the right word for a 27-year-old) lears from his mistakes. We could use his skills. There aren't many good CBs you can find these days, let alone great ones. Just ask dst about Kaladze. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

redbabies
post Apr 14 2008, 06:06 PM
Post #26

'the Duck'

Member No.: 144

QUOTE (Tennie @ Apr 14 2008, 05:15 PM)
(from the ticker on gazzetta dello sport)

MILANO - Il giudice sportivo ha inflitto due giornate di squalifica a Daniele Bonera (Milan), espulso sabato sera nel corso dell'anticipo della trentatreesima giornata del campionato di Serie A perso dai rossoneri per 3-2 contro la Juventus a Torino.

I guess they understood that it wasn't intentional.

Bonera is not the kind of player who makes those kind of tackles, like somebody mentioned Materazzi, or Roy Keane in the past used to do.

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Apr 14 2008, 06:09 PM
Post #27

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,660

He isn't that type of person who would injure someone out of anger like matrix. He mad e a mistake and he realised it and appologized to momo after the game. Matrix kills sheva and torres and then says the red was BS. I doubt this will happen again.

That blogger is just an idiot. Some people know nothing of football and are just ignorant and talk thinking their oppinion weighs in the overall situation. The two match ban was the correct choice because he wasn't doing it intentionally and he had probably made the mistake and couldn't pull out in time. They are human afterall not machines you can say oh they are not allowed to do these kinds of things.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Apr 14 2008, 06:12 PM
Post #28

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Apr 14 2008, 05:09 PM)
Matrix kills sheva and torres and then says the red was BS. 

And who's gonna disagree with him? I think of all the footballers I've ever seen, Matrix is the last person I'd want to cross, the guy is about 10 foot tall, and crazy!

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Apr 14 2008, 06:16 PM
Post #29

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,660

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 14 2008, 11:12 AM)
And who's gonna disagree with him? I think of all the footballers I've ever seen, Matrix is the last person I'd want to cross, the guy is about 10 foot tall, and crazy!

are you kidding me? if i were pro i would cross him everytime i saw him. Hes a coward and a p*ssy. Zidane showed the world how much of a piece of trash he is.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Apr 14 2008, 06:38 PM
Post #30

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

Well, I think most people would have gone down after what Zidane did. I certainly would of, if only to get him sent off. And Matrix a coward? Why do you think Zidane is the only one to react to things he does? (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Matrix is a big guy, I couldn't believe how huge he really was when I saw him live. And what he does isn't cheating or anything anyway. If he makes a foul and gets away with it, it's bad refereeing. If he makes a foul and gives away a free-kick or gets a card, then he's received his punishment. It's a part of football!

This post has been edited by kurtsimonw: Apr 14 2008, 06:39 PM

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:45 AM