Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Contract Extentions

Bluesummers
post May 5 2011, 08:43 AM
Post #1

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,660

It's been a while since i've created a topic, so here we go (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Now that the season is almost at its end, which players would you look to renew for next season?

Here is a list of players whose contracts expire at the end of the season.

GK:

Roma

DEF:

Jankulovski

Legrottalie

Nesta

MID:

Ambrosini

Seedorf

Pirlo

Van Bommel

FW:

Inzaghi

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Jack Bauer
post May 5 2011, 09:15 AM
Post #2

Allievi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,705

Pirlo and Nesta for two years, MVB and Pippo for one year. Not sure about Ambro - depends who can we can replace him with and if Rino is staying.

Seedorf should move on. We don't need Roma, Janku, Legro. I would also get rid of Oddo, Papa, Amelia (Marchetti is coming), Bonera and Antonini.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post May 5 2011, 12:17 PM
Post #3

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

I'd keep Roma, Nesta, the whole midfield and forward line for 60-70 % of their current wages and that would be it.

We could just need to buy maybe 2 reinforcements. 3 at max.

But I think Zee's problem is not so much wage as his first team opportunities.

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 5 2011, 12:30 PM
Post #4

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

GK:

Roma

DEF:
Nesta

MID:

Seedorf

Pirlo

Van Bommel

FW:

Inzaghi

Legro I don't really care about, Roma I think is someone who won't complain, and he is 3rd choice after all. Nesta is an obvious must imo, even if we bring in Mexes, we still need Nesta if we want to compete in the CL and the league. Having Ypes, and Sokratis for games against the like of Cesena is all well and good, but once you go above that level you need better backups. Still Nesta imo needs to be a starter for us next season, with Mexes 3rd choice to strp in for him or Silva in case of injuries or rotation.

Ambro imo is surplus, especially with VB in there who is miles ahead of him. Pirlo I would love to have stay on, but it's looking less and less likely. Seedorf, the same for me, but only if he's used as a squad player, without requiring him to play every 3 days, becuase that's where his perfomances drop to a ridiculous level of bad. VB is a definate.

Pippo I'd also keep, he doesn't bring up a fuss, waits his turn and always produces when that turn is given. an ideal top notch sub

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post May 5 2011, 02:55 PM
Post #5

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,230

Roma - stay, cheap and good third goalkeeper
Jankulovski - leave, obvious
Legrottalie - leave, unless Bonera leaves and Papastapoulos got loaned out, because we signed Mexes, and we need a fifth choice central defender
Nesta - stay, obvious
Ambrosini - stay, he and Van Bommel are two great anchor players, Ambrosini can also play other midfield positions
Seedorf - leave, inconsistent, doesn't earn to stay like others who give their best on concistent bases
Pirlo - leave, wants to be a starter and wanna earn too much, he can join Juventus, we can do better without him anyway, a great passer with great vision, but nowadays (since ages) it stops there, especially when played as anchor his weaknesses are showed, he can't defend well anymore, at least not consistent enough, far from it, and when as LCM, where he is better, still doesn't add other things like attacking skills, good shooting / goal threat, runs(lol), movement and so, like Seedorf does all better, even defending Seedorf does better, nah, Pirlo can stay if he's okay with rotation and earn way less, but he won't accept that
Van Bommel - stay, see Ambrosini, he and Ambro show good form way more often than Seedorf and Pirlo
Inzaghi - undefined, my advice to him would be he moves to a weaker team that plays CL (ala Rául), I know he cares the most for scoring in Europe, and at Milan Robinho, Pato, Zlatan and Cassano are all better, he would be fifth choice for only two spots. To me he is welcome as fifth choice, but I don't wanna hear him complain to get playing time (in Europe), I fear he will do that

This post has been edited by CHU-LIP: May 5 2011, 03:10 PM

+Quote Post

Jack Bauer
post May 5 2011, 03:56 PM
Post #6

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 6,705

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ May 5 2011, 04:55 PM) *
Legrottalie - leave, unless Bonera leaves and Papastapoulos got loaned out, because we signed Mexes, and we need a fifth choice central defender

We can buy the other half of the rights for Astori and then we won't need Legro/Pappa/Bonera.

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post May 5 2011, 04:29 PM
Post #7

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,786

I'd renew with :
Nesta - 2 years but as backup, not as first team player
Van Bommel - 1 year as backup
Seedorf - 1 year as backup
Pirlo - 2 years as first team player with the option to extend for another year
Inzaghi - 1 final year as back up

This post has been edited by d'Arc.LP: May 5 2011, 04:29 PM

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post May 5 2011, 04:56 PM
Post #8

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,230

QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ May 5 2011, 04:56 PM) *
We can buy the other half of the rights for Astori and then we won't need Legro/Pappa/Bonera.

Well, I don't know what are central defenders will be next season, point being, if keeping Legro means we would have 6+ central defenders then he should leave, he should only stay because else we would have four central defenders. About Astori, well, I want us to sign Mexes which is very likely to happen, that makes Astori third backup after Mexes and Yepes. He better can get some playing time elsewhere.

QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ May 5 2011, 05:29 PM) *
I'd renew with :

Good luck in finding someone better than Nesta. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
Same goes for Van Bommel.
Why keeping Seedorf and Pirlo, but let Ambrosini go? Ambrosini is way more consistent good preformer, he is worth more to us, and deserves a million times more to stay than the other two, and Ambrosini is most likely to earn little and be okay with backup role.

It's very funny you don't see Nesta as a starter anymore, but Pirlo you do, while we do well without him and Seedorf plays nowadays better than Pirlo would. We can do better than them, and we should.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 5 2011, 05:55 PM
Post #9

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

I'd only keep Roma, Nesta, Van Bommel and Seedorf. Ambrosini can stay if Gattuso is joining the Russians, otherwise no. Pirlo has become a liability. With Van Bommel in front of the defense, his position would shift to side-midfield, and considering we'll sign Ganso there, he'd become a sub and I don't think he'd accept that.

Note: If Ambro and Pirlo are leaving (which is very likely), we need to sign a sub for Van Bommel. If we sign Essien, who can play both DM and SM, then we'd be gold. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

Essien - Van Bommel - Ganso
Boateng

No Italians, woops! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 5 2011, 06:38 PM
Post #10

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 5 2011, 05:55 PM) *
I'd only keep Roma, Nesta, Van Bommel and Seedorf. Ambrosini can stay if Gattuso is joining the Russians, otherwise no. Pirlo has become a liability. With Van Bommel in front of the defense, his position would shift to side-midfield, and considering we'll sign Ganso there, he'd become a sub and I don't think he'd accept that.

Note: If Ambro and Pirlo are leaving (which is very likely), we need to sign a sub for Van Bommel. If we sign Essien, who can play both DM and SM, then we'd be gold. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

Essien - Van Bommel - Ganso
Boateng

No Italians, woops! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I personally want Boateng as box-to-box next season, I think that is where we'll see his full potential, and from what I heard and saw of Ganso, yes he can play deeper in midfield, but his best qualities are shown when played as an AM.

Imo, as I said in the other thread, that midfield is way too physical and not enough creativity. Personally If I were Galliani, I'd do everything I can to keep Pirlo. Essien is nothing but a pipe dream imo, and something that is never going to happen.

Personally, I'd love it if our midfield looked something like this next season

Boateng--Van Bommel--Pirlo
Ganso

@ Chu, I think you're being way too harsh on Pirlo, yes he's had a terrible season due to injury, but this has been his first one in years where he missed an extended period of time out, after being one of the players who played most minutes in every season at Milan. Saying Pirlo is way past it but trying to hide Ambro's complete lack of footballing ability by saying that he's consistant... When was Ambo last consistant? Probably the first half of last season when he was one of our better players, but at this point in time Ambro shouldn't be on the pitch, last Sunday I was literally appaled watching him awkwardly running on the pitch, after having experienced the magnificance of Van Bommel these last few months. ambro cannot even win a ball decently and make a simple pass anymore.

For me, Pirlo, Nesta and an Bommel are first priority for a renewal. The rest we can do without

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post May 5 2011, 06:41 PM
Post #11

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ May 5 2011, 04:56 PM) *
Well, I don't know what are central defenders will be next season, point being, if keeping Legro means we would have 6+ central defenders then he should leave, he should only stay because else we would have four central defenders. About Astori, well, I want us to sign Mexes which is very likely to happen, that makes Astori third backup after Mexes and Yepes. He better can get some playing time elsewhere.

Good luck in finding someone better than Nesta. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
Same goes for Van Bommel.
Why keeping Seedorf and Pirlo, but let Ambrosini go? Ambrosini is way more consistent good preformer, he is worth more to us, and deserves a million times more to stay than the other two, and Ambrosini is most likely to earn little and be okay with backup role.

It's very funny you don't see Nesta as a starter anymore, but Pirlo you do, while we do well without him and Seedorf plays nowadays better than Pirlo would. We can do better than them, and we should.

We've already signed with Mexes (Like I was hoping for the last 4 seasons) and we have the perfect defence Mexes-Silva. I'm not saying Nesta should never play, but he can't do it anymore, maybe he would play in some games when facing strikers like Milito, Gomez, but when playing against fast strikers like Rooney, he should be on the bench. Either way he's to old to play in everygame.
Van Bommel is playing very good, i must admit it, but he's not that good that he can not be replaced. He's already 34 and I'm pretty sure he can't be a starter next season, considering we have Pirlo, Seedorf, Boateng, Flamini, Gattuso and possibly Essien (IMG:style_emoticons/default/innocent.gif) .
Seedorf proved he can still play in highest level and have good influence in squad, so he'd make a hell of a backup.
Pirlo is still young. This season he faced an injury, but he is great playmaker and if we buy another good midfielder that can help him in midfield, he can shine again, but this time playing more forward, mabye Allegri should consider playing him as trequartista or in center of midfield like Xavi plays.
Ambrosini is good, real good, but we have lot of players with similar attributes to him. Gattuso, Flamini, Ambrosini, and a possible signing would be fighting for the same possition in midfield, that we can not offer. I'd keep Ambrosini if we manage to sell Gattuso, but I don't see that happening.

If there's a player we can't do without, that's Thiago Silva and that's it. Yes we can play without Pirlo, Seedorf and even Nesta. But Pirlo is the youngest or to say better less older from them. His abilities are unquestionable, not that he's my favorite player of all times but his creativity is still very good and then he's so unique, we should keep him. After all some months ago, when Pirlo got the injury, Galliani promised him new contract, of course with a cut from his wage but still a new contract means he'll be here for longer.

Player rating from fans can be very subjective topic and it's not necessary for all to agree on a player rating. Depends on how you watch football (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

EDIT:

My midfield (with transfers) for next season:

Boateng - Essien - Pirlo
Ganso

This post has been edited by d'Arc.LP: May 5 2011, 06:44 PM

+Quote Post

acid911
post May 5 2011, 06:43 PM
Post #12

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ May 5 2011, 08:56 PM) *

Well said. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/king.gif) Besides he is the de facto captain as far as I am concerned after Paolo. He should definitely stay.

+Quote Post

Dracoris
post May 5 2011, 06:55 PM
Post #13

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,716

QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ May 5 2011, 11:29 AM) *
I'd renew with :

The is all completely contradictory to what this season has told us about each player. I will vote for bias based on your pictures (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+1 to Chu-Lip's ideas and selections

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post May 5 2011, 07:08 PM
Post #14

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (Dracoris @ May 5 2011, 06:55 PM) *
The is all completely contradictory to what this season has told us about each player. I will vote for bias based on your pictures (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+1 to Chu-Lip's ideas and selections

But you can't rate players just based on their performances on last season. Pirlo was injured and couldn't play, this doesn't mean he was worst than any other midfielder.
In other hand, those who had the opportunity to play and wasted it should be sold, like we did with Ronaldinho.

After all it's my opinion, it doesn't mean I'm right.

This post has been edited by d'Arc.LP: May 5 2011, 07:09 PM

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 5 2011, 07:14 PM
Post #15

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Can't agree with the Ambosini issue here. The man is not good enough to keep. And considering we have Rino for another year, it should be an either/or thing, so Ambro should go

+Quote Post

11 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:36 PM