> Milan sale to go through!, Chinese consortium to acquire for 700 MM Euros

Jack Sparrow
post May 24 2016, 07:17 AM
Post #46

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

Except for Bertolacci all the other transfers were good I thought.

Alex has been good.
Romagnoli has been good.
Antonelli has been good.
Bacca has been good if not spectacular.
Kucka has been a steal.
Bringing back Niang helped a lot. And loaning him out was a wise decision.
Balotelli - was weird. He was injured and then in and out of the team. He never got a consistent run. But it cost us very little.
Luiz Adriano was a coach's decision but he was all of 8 million.

Now Bertolacci - that was the biggest flop. But c'mon. Who saw that coming? I was really excited to see him join. Thought him with Montolivo would finally sort out our midfield. But who knew he was such a mentally weak player.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 24 2016, 07:26 AM
Post #47

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

It's not just about the individuals. It's (once again) completely misdirecting our priorities.

We splashed almost 50% of our budget on strikers: in the end, only Bacca justified the signing, while we virtually had Adriano and Balotelli doing little to nothing. We entered this season with one or even two strikers too many (Niang, Menez, Adriano, Bacca, Balo), once again disregarded the importance of a proper midfield, overpaying Bertolacci.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post May 24 2016, 07:36 AM
Post #48

Group Icon

Once again, I disagree. We knew that Menez would be unavailable till winter at least. We were supposed to play with 2 strikers - even remember Mihajlovic claiming that 4-3-1-2 is the best formation for this team (he got that wrong!) and so for a 2 striker formation we had 4 fit strikers on our roster. Which is not excessive at all.

Balotelli's injury, Niang's freak accident - how do you expect a director to figure this out when making a transfer?

Bertolacci - you say we overpaid for him? But this is based on his performance right? I didn't see that performance coming. I honestly believed he was exactly what our midfield needed. A creative player with good passing ability. He failed. C'est la vie.

Do you think we overpaid for Romagnoli as well? Every team has flops. Man Utd has a Fellaini , Depay and a Falcao. Atletico has a Jackson Martinez. Inter had a Kondgobia , a Jovetic and so on.

We had one bad transfer.

As for our transfer priorities, if we keep changing coach every time Silvio farts, what do you expect?

Bertolacci I'm guessing will be given one more season. Which seems fair. He can't complain he wasn't given a fair run. I just hope the new coach will be sensible enough to make a quick decision on him.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 24 2016, 07:48 AM
Post #49

Primavera
Group Icon

I get your angle, but I'm not quite with you on this.

All in all it's a mess. Thing is, people here at MF (Han, X-O) knew we overpaid him the moment we signed him. Hell, I even felt it deep down, because let's face it, the man didn't exactly warranted his signing fee with last season. He was good in a small team, but nowhere near as good as we made him appear.

You say miscalculations happen. But we're not United or Atletico. The thing is, those clubs splash much more money then we do, they make 5 superb and 1 lousy choice (United maybe not so much lately) and they have still more resources.

We're a limited club, perhaps spending 20M on someone who's actually worth the money or less for a bigger talent would have been logical, no?

Adriano was a completely needless signing. I'm not sure if Miha wanted him or not. At that point, we could have kept SES or brought back Ganz, Petagna or whoever we have on our radar.

My bottom line is: if a team with limited resources decides to break the bank and spent more then usual, it should be done wisely and carefully. If we had problems for the past 2 years, we should have located them with more precision and made our team more compact, more balanced. How do you explain us having 4 center-backs competing for 2 spots? Or starting the season with Noce, NdJ, Kucka and Poli all in for one or maybe two spots? While at the same time other positions show great deficiencies.

And don't get me started with the completely useless yet typical tactic of signing players like Balotelli, Boateng, etc. Getting rid of the "last years mistakes" only to fill up the roster with new ones...

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 24 2016, 06:01 PM
Post #50

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ May 24 2016, 07:17 AM) *

Alex has been good.
Romagnoli has been good.
Antonelli has been good.
Kucka has been a steal.
Balotelli - was weird. He was injured and then in and out of the team. He never got a consistent run. But it cost us very little.

Now Bertolacci - that was the biggest flop. But c'mon. Who saw that coming? I was really excited to see him join. Thought him with Montolivo would finally sort out our midfield. But who knew he was such a mentally weak player.

Man, if someone who doesn't follow the Serie A read your post they'd think we've finished 2nd or 3rd with your interpretations.

The only good ones have been Bacca and Romagnoli, and only slightly. Alex good? Antonelli good? Kucka a steal? Niang helped a lot? Let's not joke around. Everyone's been crap, everyone bar Donnarumma, Romangoli, Bonaventura and Bacca. It's the 3rd year in a row that we're finishing 7th or lower, nobody can save themselves. It's been a disgraceful season, and the Coppa final was just a fluke considering we encountered Carpi and frigging Alessandria in the QFs and semis.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 24 2016, 06:18 PM
Post #51

Primavera
Group Icon

Good God, let's tune it down a bit. X-O, you criticism can easily be applied to your post as well. Someone who doesn't follow Serie A would, reading your post, think Milan got relegated or finished 15th.

Alex and Antonelli did good for most of the season. So did Kucka. Yet, it simply wasn't enough.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 24 2016, 07:19 PM
Post #52

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 24 2016, 06:18 PM) *
Good God, let's tune it down a bit. X-O, you criticism can easily be applied to your post as well. Someone who doesn't follow Serie A would, reading your post, think Milan got relegated or finished 15th.

Alex and Antonelli did good for most of the season. So did Kucka. Yet, it simply wasn't enough.

We didn't finish 15th, but we finished 7th. Last year we finished 10h. Two years ago we finished 7th again. What are you saying, that this isn't a disgrace? That we should just brush it off as just "not good enough". I'm sorry, but I was raised with a different mentality, the Milan mentality. Every season it was title and Champions League. Every season. Now we can't even qualify for the UEFA Cup. It's simply tragic. There are no other adjectives.

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 24 2016, 08:51 PM
Post #53

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ May 23 2016, 01:27 PM) *
I actually think the opposite. Surprisingly. I think Galliani is a good negotiator for a rich club.

That's what I used to think. I thought Galliani was the poor front man who didn't have the resources so he fudged along and begged around for old past it star players.

And let's face it, he's been making terrible decisions for a while now, forget about last summer. How can you explain all the lavish contracts he gave to players who were too old and past it? Players who they had absolutely no clue about (Traore anyone??), players who other clubs still wouldn't have taken on even if we paid them to do it. Player who were happy to sit on their @sses with us because of the previously mentioned huge salaries given to them because Galliani scavenged them for free.

Now let's get back to last summer, as Filippo said, once again, the focus was on the attack while our terrible midfield was left as is with only the addition of a player who had a decent season at Genoa (forget about his price tag for now which is another issue altogether) How many summers can we go through this now, and I blame the fetish for attackers on Silvio, don't get me wrong there, but every summer we have to go through this and we're still paying for those decisions to this day. Let's not forget that Matri will be coming back from his loan. Let's all remember and cry over that one now. How we finance Juve's move for Tevez by taking that lump off their hands and paying them good money for him as well while once again we were told there was no money to fix the midfield.

Let's also not forget all the favours we've done for Genoa and all the other close friends of Galliani's

It's just ridiculous at this point. The amount of mistakes done by this man to bring us to this dire position we're now in is simply a tragic notion to even comprehend.

This man cannot be allowed to run things any longer simply as that really. And if this sale goes through, the first thing on the agenda should be to get the man out of the way ASAP!

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ May 24 2016, 07:17 AM) *

Alex has been good.
Romagnoli has been good.
Antonelli has been good.
Kucka has been a steal.

Alex, came the season before, sure he was good this season after spending the previous one injured for the majority of it.
Romagnoli was great and he's one of my few beacons of light in this team. And we can also fully thank Miha for this one as he's the one who pushed hard for him. Let's not give Galliani credit for unearthing a talent here when he had nothing to do with selecting him.
Again, Antonelli wasn't brought in last summer, but again, just like Alex he was simply an opportunistic move from Galliani. Let's not attribute it as some masterstroke that should be repeated in FM for years to come, it could just as easily have gone down the same roads as Mesbah, Taiwo, etc
Bacca... The man is good, but he's 30 years old and imo we overpaid. Not to mention we brought in a striker that's reliant on service to be really effective and left him with basically no midfield behind him. The goal tally is a testament to how good Bacca is, but if a decent offer came for him this summer and we manage to make a profit (highly unlikely) I'd take it and look for someone with different characteristics in attack
Kucka... Don't get me started. Sure he can be mildly impressive when he's bulldozing his way around, but his end product shows how limited he is in general as a midfielder. Had we had Witsel instead of this muppit we would have seen a more dominant midfield throughout the season which could have really helped us out
Niang... Don't want to get into that one
Balo... Same thing, Galliani just never learns his lesson. And don't get me wrong here I like Balo very much, but at this point Milan clearly is not the right environment for him to flourish or to get over his issues

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 24 2016, 07:26 AM) *
It's not just about the individuals. It's (once again) completely misdirecting our priorities.

We splashed almost 50% of our budget on strikers: in the end, only Bacca justified the signing, while we virtually had Adriano and Balotelli doing little to nothing. We entered this season with one or even two strikers too many (Niang, Menez, Adriano, Bacca, Balo), once again disregarded the importance of a proper midfield, overpaying Bertolacci.

Agreed

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ May 24 2016, 07:36 AM) *
Once again, I disagree. We knew that Menez would be unavailable till winter at least. We were supposed to play with 2 strikers - even remember Mihajlovic claiming that 4-3-1-2 is the best formation for this team (he got that wrong!) and so for a 2 striker formation we had 4 fit strikers on our roster. Which is not excessive at all.

Balotelli's injury, Niang's freak accident - how do you expect a director to figure this out when making a transfer?

Bertolacci - you say we overpaid for him? But this is based on his performance right? I didn't see that performance coming. I honestly believed he was exactly what our midfield needed. A creative player with good passing ability. He failed. C'est la vie.

Do you think we overpaid for Romagnoli as well? Every team has flops. Man Utd has a Fellaini , Depay and a Falcao. Atletico has a Jackson Martinez. Inter had a Kondgobia , a Jovetic and so on.

We had one bad transfer.

As for our transfer priorities, if we keep changing coach every time Silvio farts, what do you expect?

Bertolacci I'm guessing will be given one more season. Which seems fair. He can't complain he wasn't given a fair run. I just hope the new coach will be sensible enough to make a quick decision on him.

I could have told you how sh!t the Berto transfer was from day 1 man, the man is clearly weak, both in mind and body. He was never going to be good enough to justify that kind of price tag and tbh, now that the season is over I'm even surprised that he turned out worse than I expected.

And it's not simply about seeing which player didn't justify his price tag so we quantify the transfer window as that one bad transfer. You have to look at the entire picture and simply ask, were the transfers we made good enough to improve the team from last season? And you compare that to the kind of money we spent... A jump of 3 places from 10th to 7th after spending nearly a 100m says it all for me. The true problems of the squad imo were not addressed and that is why it was a terrible transfer season. At least before we could at least fall back on the old excuse that there was no money. But after a 100m? And still this pitiful side is presented to us to endure another terrible season? No, just unacceptable from Galliani

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 24 2016, 07:48 AM) *
I get your angle, but I'm not quite with you on this.

All in all it's a mess. Thing is, people here at MF (Han, X-O) knew we overpaid him the moment we signed him. Hell, I even felt it deep down, because let's face it, the man didn't exactly warranted his signing fee with last season. He was good in a small team, but nowhere near as good as we made him appear.

You say miscalculations happen. But we're not United or Atletico. The thing is, those clubs splash much more money then we do, they make 5 superb and 1 lousy choice (United maybe not so much lately) and they have still more resources.

We're a limited club, perhaps spending 20M on someone who's actually worth the money or less for a bigger talent would have been logical, no?

Adriano was a completely needless signing. I'm not sure if Miha wanted him or not. At that point, we could have kept SES or brought back Ganz, Petagna or whoever we have on our radar.

My bottom line is: if a team with limited resources decides to break the bank and spent more then usual, it should be done wisely and carefully. If we had problems for the past 2 years, we should have located them with more precision and made our team more compact, more balanced. How do you explain us having 4 center-backs competing for 2 spots? Or starting the season with Noce, NdJ, Kucka and Poli all in for one or maybe two spots? While at the same time other positions show great deficiencies.

And don't get me started with the completely useless yet typical tactic of signing players like Balotelli, Boateng, etc. Getting rid of the "last years mistakes" only to fill up the roster with new ones...

Yep

QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 24 2016, 07:19 PM) *
We didn't finish 15th, but we finished 7th. Last year we finished 10h. Two years ago we finished 7th again. What are you saying, that this isn't a disgrace? That we should just brush it off as just "not good enough". I'm sorry, but I was raised with a different mentality, the Milan mentality. Every season it was title and Champions League. Every season. Now we can't even qualify for the UEFA Cup. It's simply tragic. There are no other adjectives.

Agreed there

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Jun 9 2016, 07:55 PM
Post #54

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 12,353

QUOTE (han2503 @ May 24 2016, 09:51 PM) *
That's what I used to think. I thought Galliani was the poor front man who didn't have the resources so he fudged along and begged around for old past it star players.

And let's face it, he's been making terrible decisions for a while now, forget about last summer. How can you explain all the lavish contracts he gave to players who were too old and past it? Players who they had absolutely no clue about (Traore anyone??), players who other clubs still wouldn't have taken on even if we paid them to do it. Player who were happy to sit on their @sses with us because of the previously mentioned huge salaries given to them because Galliani scavenged them for free.

Now let's get back to last summer, as Filippo said, once again, the focus was on the attack while our terrible midfield was left as is with only the addition of a player who had a decent season at Genoa (forget about his price tag for now which is another issue altogether) How many summers can we go through this now, and I blame the fetish for attackers on Silvio, don't get me wrong there, but every summer we have to go through this and we're still paying for those decisions to this day. Let's not forget that Matri will be coming back from his loan. Let's all remember and cry over that one now. How we finance Juve's move for Tevez by taking that lump off their hands and paying them good money for him as well while once again we were told there was no money to fix the midfield.

Let's also not forget all the favours we've done for Genoa and all the other close friends of Galliani's

It's just ridiculous at this point. The amount of mistakes done by this man to bring us to this dire position we're now in is simply a tragic notion to even comprehend.

This man cannot be allowed to run things any longer simply as that really. And if this sale goes through, the first thing on the agenda should be to get the man out of the way ASAP!

Alex, came the season before, sure he was good this season after spending the previous one injured for the majority of it.
Romagnoli was great and he's one of my few beacons of light in this team. And we can also fully thank Miha for this one as he's the one who pushed hard for him. Let's not give Galliani credit for unearthing a talent here when he had nothing to do with selecting him.
Again, Antonelli wasn't brought in last summer, but again, just like Alex he was simply an opportunistic move from Galliani. Let's not attribute it as some masterstroke that should be repeated in FM for years to come, it could just as easily have gone down the same roads as Mesbah, Taiwo, etc
Bacca... The man is good, but he's 30 years old and imo we overpaid. Not to mention we brought in a striker that's reliant on service to be really effective and left him with basically no midfield behind him. The goal tally is a testament to how good Bacca is, but if a decent offer came for him this summer and we manage to make a profit (highly unlikely) I'd take it and look for someone with different characteristics in attack
Kucka... Don't get me started. Sure he can be mildly impressive when he's bulldozing his way around, but his end product shows how limited he is in general as a midfielder. Had we had Witsel instead of this muppit we would have seen a more dominant midfield throughout the season which could have really helped us out
Niang... Don't want to get into that one
Balo... Same thing, Galliani just never learns his lesson. And don't get me wrong here I like Balo very much, but at this point Milan clearly is not the right environment for him to flourish or to get over his issues

Agreed

I could have told you how sh!t the Berto transfer was from day 1 man, the man is clearly weak, both in mind and body. He was never going to be good enough to justify that kind of price tag and tbh, now that the season is over I'm even surprised that he turned out worse than I expected.

And it's not simply about seeing which player didn't justify his price tag so we quantify the transfer window as that one bad transfer. You have to look at the entire picture and simply ask, were the transfers we made good enough to improve the team from last season? And you compare that to the kind of money we spent... A jump of 3 places from 10th to 7th after spending nearly a 100m says it all for me. The true problems of the squad imo were not addressed and that is why it was a terrible transfer season. At least before we could at least fall back on the old excuse that there was no money. But after a 100m? And still this pitiful side is presented to us to endure another terrible season? No, just unacceptable from Galliani

Yep

Agreed there

Have to agree with pretty much everything you said, Han.

Galliani used to be reasonably good, but he is way past his better days. Last decade has been going from bad to worse, starting with the ridiculous deals made with players after our CL win, and ending with (most of) 100M flushed down the toilet (with many sad chapters in between). And (as has already been said) it is not so much the individual decisions, but the "big picture": consistently investing in the wrong places, expense levels that are well past unreasonable (reference recent stockholder meeting), laughable coach selections, endless "bickering" between Galliani + Barbara + Silvio, no new stadium, and so on. All of this spells M-I-S-M-A-N-A-G-E-M-E-N-T.

At this point I am hoping that the sale goes through (sadly not a done deal IMHO), Berlu gets relegated to a "PR role" (or removed entirely), and Galliani is gone for good. Unless that happens, I fear the downward spiral will continue, and we may start looking at 7th place as "success". FWIW, the alternative proposed by Berlu (an "Italian Milan") could have potential, but with our current inept management it is not going to end well IMHO. With Inter now well-funded again, we risk becoming "the other team" in Milano (kind of like Torino has been for some time).

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Jun 10 2016, 06:37 AM
Post #55

Group Icon

Berlusca needs a heart surgery. Hope he stays healthy, but the timing sort of sucks. Worried how the deal will progress now.

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Jun 10 2016, 03:52 PM
Post #56

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jun 10 2016, 07:37 AM) *
Berlusca needs a heart surgery. Hope he stays healthy, but the timing sort of sucks. Worried how the deal will progress now.

I wish him well, I really do. Despite all of my complaints about the current situation, as a Milan fan I owe him a great deal of appreciation and respect for many years of consistent success (not to mention rescuing the team from near-disaster).

That said, not sure what impact it will have. May act as the catalyst to get the deal done, or as a cause for delay. Will see ...

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jun 10 2016, 06:53 PM
Post #57

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Well at the end of the day, all he has to do is give his go-ahead, and he can do that just fine even from a bed. Fininvest is the holding company of Milan and negotiations are still on-going. Last I read they've said that things are still progressing just fine but the deadline could be extended to the end of the month because of Berlu's issues

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jun 10 2016, 06:57 PM
Post #58

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Jun 9 2016, 07:55 PM) *
FWIW, the alternative proposed by Berlu (an "Italian Milan") could have potential, but with our current inept management it is not going to end well IMHO.

Sorry, have to disagree with this bit. And this coming from an Azzurri fan. The talent pool in Italy is simply not good enough atm, not if we want to truly be successful. And the only real top class Italian player around atm is in France.

Sure there are the Juve guys but aside from Marchisio, they're all getting a bit long in the tooth.

The Italian Milan idea is a terrible one imo, and just shows how out of touch Silvio is

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Jun 11 2016, 12:17 AM
Post #59

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 10 2016, 07:57 PM) *
Sorry, have to disagree with this bit. And this coming from an Azzurri fan. The talent pool in Italy is simply not good enough atm, not if we want to truly be successful. And the only real top class Italian player around atm is in France.

Sure there are the Juve guys but aside from Marchisio, they're all getting a bit long in the tooth.

The Italian Milan idea is a terrible one imo, and just shows how out of touch Silvio is

I believe that the idea is to look for "new talent" rather than established players. But it does not matter, even if Italy was full of talent you need a capable management team for something like this to work.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jun 11 2016, 12:39 PM
Post #60

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Jun 11 2016, 12:17 AM) *
I believe that the idea is to look for "new talent" rather than established players. But it does not matter, even if Italy was full of talent you need a capable management team for something like this to work.

Well, that's part of the problem in and of itself, I don't see all that many young players coming through who are good enough to be starters in a Serie A side.

And personally I don't think the infrastructure is really there to really start producing players in a similar way that countries like Germany, Belgium, Spain and France do. And this is not just at Milan but at the nation as a whole

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:58 AM