> AC Milan issues ultimatum for Ancelotti

Warchant
post Mar 4 2009, 06:29 AM
Post #1

Giovanissimi Nazionali
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 703

MILAN (AP) - AC Milan has issued an ultimatum for Carlo Ancelotti if he wants to remain the club's coach - finish at least third in the Serie A and guarantee a return to the Champions League.

The announcement follows a week in which Milan lost 2-1 to Sampdoria and was eliminated from the UEFA Cup by Werder Bremen.

Milan, which flew out Tuesday for a midweek friendly in Doha, Qatar, is third in the Serie A with 48 points. Inter Milan leads with 60 points, followed by Juventus with 53.

"Carlo Ancelotti will stay if we finish third," Milan chairman Adriano Galliani said on Gazzetta dello Sport's Web site.

The top three Serie A teams qualify directly to the Champions League, while the fourth-place finisher must play a qualifying round.

Three clubs - Fiorentina (46 points), Genoa (45), and AS Roma (44) - are right behind Milan.

"We're having some trouble right now, it's true, but we have a lot of injuries and we're not 100 percent," Ancelotti said in Doha, according to Milan's Web site.

"As far as my future goes, clearly if Milan doesn't reach its goal of third place something could change, also for me. But I'm convinced that we're going to finish third and therefore there won't be any problem."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Warchant
post Mar 4 2009, 06:30 AM
Post #2

Giovanissimi Nazionali
Group Icon

Member No.: 703

personally...i don't think he's safe with 3rd

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Mar 4 2009, 09:20 AM
Post #3

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

I think he is, but only coz the board likes him, and he's got one season left to finish out his contract. Also the injury situation is too valid an excuse to ignore, since the board can't deny that Carlo has little say in transfers.

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post Mar 4 2009, 09:44 AM
Post #4

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,873

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 4 2009, 08:20 AM) *
I think he is, but only coz the board likes him, and he's got one season left to finish out his contract. Also the injury situation is too valid an excuse to ignore, since the board can't deny that Carlo has little say in transfers.

the bold part is real concern if carlo does not gets the players he wants but rahter gets different players then he should have told the board that with these transfer he will not be achieveing the goals set by the board bcoz that is not what he wants but rather than doing that he does not do anything

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Mar 4 2009, 10:01 AM
Post #5

Primavera

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,265

Personally I don't think Milan will finish 3rd...

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Mar 4 2009, 10:13 AM
Post #6

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Mar 4 2009, 02:14 PM) *
the bold part is real concern if carlo does not gets the players he wants but rahter gets different players then he should have told the board that with these transfer he will not be achieveing the goals set by the board bcoz that is not what he wants but rather than doing that he does not do anything

We really don't know that. Just coz unlike in England, coaches don't come out in the media and say stuff, doesn't mean there is no dialogue with the management.

I think he's already raised his concerns about Ronaldinho with the board, and that's why there's no longer any pressure to have him play.

But I don't think he can say much in the transfers beyond saying ok, I need a fullback. And then the board goes around looking.

It's not like other clubs, where they give the manager 30 million, and says do what you need.

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Mar 4 2009, 06:03 PM
Post #7

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,660

Billy Costacurta, former column in the defense of Milan through the pages of the Republic says its the crisis of his former team. "The defense is not protected and then missing a few centimeters in height on the high balls - Costacurta said last night to host 'Night Chiambretti' -. Years ago we were challenged because they arrived eleventh. Prior to Milan for the dead, we think of a moment. The exit from the Uefa Cup may have open eyes ...". The interview has ranged from his role as coach: "I resigned in Mantua did not arrive because the victories, the relationship with management:" I always give the stron ...", by his friendship with Paolo Maldini, "is always the best: he wants me to quit as 41 years "on Kakà:" I do not sell anything, and never to Manchester. If anything, building a team of young people around him. "
Italian

I think hes right. Why also we are doing so bad and why carlo will be leaving.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Mar 4 2009, 06:19 PM
Post #8

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

If he doesn't win Serie A this season he should be gone!

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Mar 4 2009, 06:24 PM
Post #9

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

Y'know, I've heard there's a really good coach from Northern Ireland. Used to play for Forest. Maybe he'd be interested......

(And now I'm going to hide behind Fishdoll).

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Mar 4 2009, 06:36 PM
Post #10

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (Tennie @ Mar 4 2009, 05:24 PM) *
Y'know, I've heard there's a really good coach from Northern Ireland. Used to play for Forest. Maybe he'd be interested......

(And now I'm going to hide behind Fishdoll).

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Slightly off-topic.. but why is it that British coaches and players never seem to leave the island? It's hard to find many that do. Robson at Barca, Hodson at Finland, but I struggle to think of many after that. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

As for players, Becks, Macca, Owen and Woodgate went to Madrid, can't think of many more recently!

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Mar 4 2009, 07:01 PM
Post #11

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,660

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 4 2009, 11:36 AM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Slightly off-topic.. but why is it that British coaches and players never seem to leave the island? It's hard to find many that do. Robson at Barca, Hodson at Finland, but I struggle to think of many after that. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

As for players, Becks, Macca, Owen and Woodgate went to Madrid, can't think of many more recently!

the crumpets are too good man. Theres no way they would survive the mornings without the the english tea and biscuit. It would throw off their whole game (IMG:style_emoticons/default/innocent.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

dst
post Mar 4 2009, 07:57 PM
Post #12

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 4 2009, 07:36 PM) *
Slightly off-topic.. but why is it that British coaches and players never seem to leave the island?

It's obviously the food that's keeping them in the island!

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Mar 4 2009, 08:16 PM
Post #13

Token Girl
Group Icon

Or the Irn Bru. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Mar 4 2009, 09:53 PM
Post #14

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 558

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 4 2009, 08:20 AM) *

carlo wanted neverson...

I can understand why he has little say in who we buy.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Mar 4 2009, 10:09 PM
Post #15

Token Girl
Group Icon

He also wanted Ribery and Ibrahimovic and Silvio said no. Don't know if we can, currently, say that management is any better.

+Quote Post

11 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 12:21 PM