> Serie A - All Matches - Milan - Napoli, Date: 15/04/18 Time: 15:00 CET

Fillipo Simone
post Apr 29 2018, 03:26 PM
Post #376

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

Wow, missing fest against Bologna. Bring in “the talent”!

Oh and Suso again with a form slump in spring/summer. Once again.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 29 2018, 04:01 PM
Post #377

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 29 2018, 03:26 PM) *
Wow, missing fest against Bologna. Bring in “the talent”!

Oh and Suso again with a form slump in spring/summer. Once again.

Missed so many chances, I honestly thought we would f it up in the end with the way things were going and then conceding. At least we held on and won for the first time in nearly a month.

Suso has been out of form for months now, same thing with Bona, don't let the goals fool you, general play from him has been woeful. Hakan being back in the side really helped for sure.

With Suso I just think his fitness s@cks so as he gets deeper into the season he starts getting tired and slowing down

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Apr 29 2018, 04:09 PM
Post #378

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

I think we should sell Suso and play Borini as starter next season.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Apr 29 2018, 04:22 PM
Post #379

Primavera
Group Icon

Hahah. No. But he has to be ready to step up and make improvements. Playing a consistent season would be a first for him. But yes, Han is right. Tiredness is the top problem here.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Apr 29 2018, 10:33 PM
Post #380

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

Closing the season with one last push, it is very difficult to expect consistency especially given how thin the squad is coupled with fatigue.

I honestly can not see Milan winning in the next two to three years. Even if Milan signs X, Y and Z. What is missing is experience. Experience that Milan had with the ‘old team’ that would go to battle with anybody. Now with a young team, its gonna take a while. So baby steps and be generous with tolerance, as experience can not be bought even for another 200M.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Apr 29 2018, 10:45 PM
Post #381

Primavera
Group Icon

Well if you ask me, this is very ambivalent. I think some winners like Maldini for example are born. Imo we do not need patience as much as fast steps forward. This season has been a waste in that matter. If our younger players don’t get role models like Bonucci they’ll end up like Roma or Napoli, always 2nd and never winners. Mentality is a very fragile and important thing.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Apr 29 2018, 10:48 PM
Post #382

Primavera
Group Icon

And one more thing. Maybe it’s realistic to say we wont be able to win in 2-3 years. But we already lost years and years. Now its either big and fast steps forward or we’re never be able to come back and turn into Lazio or Fiorentina.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Apr 30 2018, 12:00 AM
Post #383

Napoli, Roma, Fiorentina don't have the history we do, though. And they don't spend +200M like we did last summer.

Winning will come back, eventually. We're too big to fail. Inter are in the same situation. Liverpool have been in the same position for years. Even Juve after Calciopoli took 5 years to get back on track.

The issue is that patience is exhausting itself. If we don't considerably re-inforce our team for next season, then I'm sure many Milan fans will give up for good.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Apr 30 2018, 12:47 AM
Post #384

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 30 2018, 01:45 AM) *
Well if you ask me, this is very ambivalent. I think some winners like Maldini for example are born. Imo we do not need patience as much as fast steps forward. This season has been a waste in that matter. If our younger players don’t get role models like Bonucci they’ll end up like Roma or Napoli, always 2nd and never winners. Mentality is a very fragile and important thing.

Maldini’s growth was aided by stellar sides. You recall those teams Pippo, they were on top of the world good. I cant comprehend what is going on today, so drawing comparisons with the squad Paolo had on his side to this one ... sorry but cant even compare.

What I am saying in layman’s terms is that this team is young, 3/4 of the starting XI against Bolognia have never played one CL game. Surely they will develop into good players, but I wouldn't hold my breath long enough to suffocate. Instead I would give them a chance to express themselves, make mistakes, and gain that much needed experience.

UEFA has yet to approve the boards plan, they shot down two proposals from Li which could sanction Milan and put it in a vacuum. A situation which could severally dent Milan.

Sad to say this, really it hurts, but the Milan of Berlusconi that we all know and hang on to is dead. History is rich, but wont qualify you for CL nor win you the occasional Scudetto. One / two years to see the direction of this new club (Paul Singer ‘ie Elliott’ has shown interest to take over Milan and keep it in his portfolio if Li defaults. That in itself means there shall be continuity to this project, but again I wouldn't hold my breath. Gattuso is doing an amazing job, just that his team is not that which he represented in the early 2000s.

We really are hopeless romantics when it comes to Milan. But dont loose faith just like that. Napoli came back from nothing, they went neck to neck with Juve this season. But after how many seasons? That is the point I was reflecting on.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 30 2018, 04:44 PM
Post #385

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 29 2018, 04:09 PM) *
I think we should sell Suso and play Borini as starter next season.

Maybe I wouldn't go that far, but answer this; would Suso walk into the first 11 each week of any top side? Even the top 3/4 in Serie A (where we want to be) would he be able to be a sure starter in those teams? Because I don't think he would

Suso is a good player, but his game has limitations, add to that the fact that he's very slow for a wide player and I can't see him reaching a certain level in his career.

Am I saying we should be looking to find someone better than him this summer? No, we have bigger headaches to worry about, but if we want to be challenging for the Scudetto and be important players in Europe again within the nest 2/3 years, than Suso's position would have to change from being a starter on this team (if he's still here that is, he has a 40m release clause in his contract which he wanted)

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 29 2018, 04:22 PM) *
Hahah. No. But he has to be ready to step up and make improvements. Playing a consistent season would be a first for him. But yes, Han is right. Tiredness is the top problem here.

Fitness is a worry, but as I said, he has limitations which can't really be overcome, not even with effort, he can't make himself accelerate better, he's born slow, it's not something he can help, that's why I don't think he can be a big cog in any future team of ours that could potentially (hopefully) be challenging for titles

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 29 2018, 10:33 PM) *
Closing the season with one last push, it is very difficult to expect consistency especially given how thin the squad is coupled with fatigue.

I honestly can not see Milan winning in the next two to three years. Even if Milan signs X, Y and Z. What is missing is experience. Experience that Milan had with the ‘old team’ that would go to battle with anybody. Now with a young team, its gonna take a while. So baby steps and be generous with tolerance, as experience can not be bought even for another 200M.

We'll see what happens, I think the management made a mistake in going so young and expecting instant results. You can't buy all young players (Bonucci aside) and expect the instant change from where we were last year under the old regime to suddenly being top dogs, you need some old heads in there to guide the ship for sure, and with reports that Mirabelli could be on his way out it shows that the upper management think that mistakes were done as well. The 200m could have been spent better for sure.

This summer it's imperative that we spend whatever budget we have in the smartest manner we can. We should have locked down Bernard and Asamoah on a free, those would have been smart moves that would improve our squad depth and the quality coming off the bench for sure. Add to that, we need to look into a top striker, someone to replace Bona and a top winger. So whether it's Mirabelli or a new sporting director, I hope we make good moves this summer or we're never going to be able to dig ourselves out of this hole we've been digging for ourselves for the past decade

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 29 2018, 10:45 PM) *

But Maldini had guys like Baresi, Costacurta, etc already beside him. He might have been born a winner, but he was certainly helped along in that regard, especially when it came time for him to take over, he'd already had a wealth of experience and titles to rely on

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 29 2018, 10:48 PM) *
And one more thing. Maybe it’s realistic to say we wont be able to win in 2-3 years. But we already lost years and years. Now its either big and fast steps forward or we’re never be able to come back and turn into Lazio or Fiorentina.

Agreed, the longer we stay in this abyss the worse things will become. We've basically lose the majority of our big name sponsors. Audi, D&G, Adidas, these were international brands which are recognised by anyone, and we've replaced them with lesser known or smaller brands which aren't associated with the wealth and class of the previous ones. Anymore years languishing in midtable and we'll be in an even weaker position than we are now when we're looking for sponsors or re-negotiating with our existing ones

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 30 2018, 12:00 AM) *
Napoli, Roma, Fiorentina don't have the history we do, though. And they don't spend +200M like we did last summer.

Winning will come back, eventually. We're too big to fail. Inter are in the same situation. Liverpool have been in the same position for years. Even Juve after Calciopoli took 5 years to get back on track.

The issue is that patience is exhausting itself. If we don't considerably re-inforce our team for next season, then I'm sure many Milan fans will give up for good.

The last time we won anything of significance was 7 years ago, and this just came about because Berlu decided he wanted Ibra, the last time won because we had a real winning dynasty team was in 07, that was the curtain closer for us as a dominant force in Europe. After that we failed to invest properly in the team and we're still suffering the consequences to this day

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Apr 30 2018, 08:43 PM
Post #386

QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 30 2018, 04:44 PM) *
The last time we won anything of significance was 7 years ago, and this just came about because Berlu decided he wanted Ibra, the last time won because we had a real winning dynasty team was in 07, that was the curtain closer for us as a dominant force in Europe. After that we failed to invest properly in the team and we're still suffering the consequences to this day

True, but nevertheless we were still finishing 2nd or 3rd during that 2007-2013 period. Our real downfall began when we sold Ibra and Thiago, which coupled with the veterans leaving that same summer, had a huge impact on the team.

We've been finishing 6th, 7th, even 10th for five years straight. It's gotten unbearable. By this point we should have pulled our sh*t back, and last summer was the perfect opportunity for that. This summer will be crucial. We need to finish Top 4 AT ALL COST.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 1 2018, 11:31 AM
Post #387

New rumors about Belloti being our main target this summer (Mediaset). I also read an article that Gattuso intends to play Hakan as AM next season.

I tell you, if we get Depay as well, then 4-2-3-1 would be ideal, and we could truly have a very fine line-up for that Top 4 finish.

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 1 2018, 03:16 PM
Post #388

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 30 2018, 08:43 PM) *
True, but nevertheless we were still finishing 2nd or 3rd during that 2007-2013 period. Our real downfall began when we sold Ibra and Thiago, which coupled with the veterans leaving that same summer, had a huge impact on the team.

We've been finishing 6th, 7th, even 10th for five years straight. It's gotten unbearable. By this point we should have pulled our sh*t back, and last summer was the perfect opportunity for that. This summer will be crucial. We need to finish Top 4 AT ALL COST.

We had struggled to finish in the top 4 during the 07-13 period you mentioned as well, in fact we played in the UEFA Cup for a season back then when it was still called that (Carlo was still our coach IIRC).

Ibra was a quick fix. We knew he'd have a major impact on what was a waning side with a lot of old legendary players who were in the twilight of their careers and just a very small handful of young players. Thiago had the benefit of playing with Nesta which imo really shaped him into the defender he went onto become.

Once we sold those 2 plus all of the old guard retiring at once, what was once an already waning dynasty spiralled into what we see now.

QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 1 2018, 11:31 AM) *
New rumors about Belloti being our main target this summer (Mediaset). I also read an article that Gattuso intends to play Hakan as AM next season.

I tell you, if we get Depay as well, then 4-2-3-1 would be ideal, and we could truly have a very fine line-up for that Top 4 finish.

Hmm. I hope this isn't a switch to a 4-3-1-2 (I have seen rumours about it). I see that you're talking about playing a 4-2-3-1, but I think a 4-3-3 suits the midfielders we have better. I think Kessie needs to be played as part of a 3-man midfield, He's too undisciplined to be part of a double pivot imo, he needs the freedom playing in a 3 gives him. Biglia as well is much better bring the sole anchor. We just need to get someone in who can replace Bona and be a driving creative force in that midfield, we need someone in the mould of Iniesta/Thiago Alcantara/David Silva. Someone with those characteristics. Hakan can step into that role, but if we want to really challenge, the 3 signings we make have to be difference makers, and a top CM who can create, score, assists and link things together is imperative imo and Hakan would just be a stop-gap solution rather than someone who can really make the big difference we need to step up a level next season

Hakan, Bona, Cutrone, must all go to the bench for next season and be rotation/depth options for the coach. They're all good players but they can't be starters week in week out if we want to be truly competitive.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 1 2018, 04:32 PM
Post #389

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 30 2018, 02:00 AM) *

History means much but not everything. Circumstances in Italy as a country, in Serie A and at Milan don't go in our favor. History is perhaps the last thing we have and I agree it's an important component. But is this enough to avoid the fate of Fiorentina, Roma, etc? I don't think so

What I find very interesting is the attitude of the Milan fans in general. It seems that fans are simply losing interest and turning away. Look at the fans in England and Germany for example. They organize big conventions and protests, the make pressure on the management, pressure that goes beyond banners and stadium chants.

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 30 2018, 02:47 AM) *
Maldini’s growth was aided by stellar sides. You recall those teams Pippo, they were on top of the world good. I cant comprehend what is going on today, so drawing comparisons with the squad Paolo had on his side to this one ... sorry but cant even compare.

Agreed. But winners are always winners. This team has Bonucci and with one ore two other gem players we'll have a very good combination of seasoned leaders and youngsters. Just remember that Baresi stepped in with no one to hold his back as Collovati and few others deserted Milan. Maldini had the fortune of having Baresi beside him, but the whole Maldini generation (Panucci, Albertini, etc.) grew very fast and turned into leaders.

So now we're back to my starting argument. Yes, we lack experience. But with Bonucci and a few others that can provide this kind of stability I think we could make it.

What I am saying in layman’s terms is that this team is young, 3/4 of the starting XI against Bolognia have never played one CL game. Surely they will develop into good players, but I wouldn't hold my breath long enough to suffocate. Instead I would give them a chance to express themselves, make mistakes, and gain that much needed experience.

We don't have the time for this. We've had 4 or 5 black seasons now and who used this time to gain experience? Perhaps Donnarumma. IMO we have too many talents and we simply are not a nursing club like Udinese or I don't know who. We should loan a very of them off and keep the rest, but build on players who already integrated in the team or who have experience.

UEFA has yet to approve the boards plan, they shot down two proposals from Li which could sanction Milan and put it in a vacuum. A situation which could severally dent Milan.

If this happens I think it's safe to say that we won't be coming back in years.

Sad to say this, really it hurts, but the Milan of Berlusconi that we all know and hang on to is dead. History is rich, but wont qualify you for CL nor win you the occasional Scudetto. One / two years to see the direction of this new club (Paul Singer ‘ie Elliott’ has shown interest to take over Milan and keep it in his portfolio if Li defaults. That in itself means there shall be continuity to this project, but again I wouldn't hold my breath. Gattuso is doing an amazing job, just that his team is not that which he represented in the early 2000s.

We really are hopeless romantics when it comes to Milan. But dont loose faith just like that. Napoli came back from nothing, they went neck to neck with Juve this season. But after how many seasons? That is the point I was reflecting on.

Agreed. Even though I think Napoli is the exception here. Look at several big teams that never came back or just fill in the middle between relegation and European football.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 30 2018, 06:44 PM) *
Maybe I wouldn't go that far, but answer this; would Suso walk into the first 11 each week of any top side? Even the top 3/4 in Serie A (where we want to be) would he be able to be a sure starter in those teams? Because I don't think he would

Suso is a good player, but his game has limitations, add to that the fact that he's very slow for a wide player and I can't see him reaching a certain level in his career.

Am I saying we should be looking to find someone better than him this summer? No, we have bigger headaches to worry about, but if we want to be challenging for the Scudetto and be important players in Europe again within the nest 2/3 years, than Suso's position would have to change from being a starter on this team (if he's still here that is, he has a 40m release clause in his contract which he wanted)

+1

We'll see what happens, I think the management made a mistake in going so young and expecting instant results. You can't buy all young players (Bonucci aside) and expect the instant change from where we were last year under the old regime to suddenly being top dogs, you need some old heads in there to guide the ship for sure, and with reports that Mirabelli could be on his way out it shows that the upper management think that mistakes were done as well. The 200m could have been spent better for sure.

Surely, and that's what I've been telling for months.

This summer it's imperative that we spend whatever budget we have in the smartest manner we can. We should have locked down Bernard and Asamoah on a free, those would have been smart moves that would improve our squad depth and the quality coming off the bench for sure. Add to that, we need to look into a top striker, someone to replace Bona and a top winger. So whether it's Mirabelli or a new sporting director, I hope we make good moves this summer or we're never going to be able to dig ourselves out of this hole we've been digging for ourselves for the past decade

Every summer is crucial and imperative. But yes, we need to move fast and we need to be much smarter then last summer.

But Maldini had guys like Baresi, Costacurta, etc already beside him. He might have been born a winner, but he was certainly helped along in that regard, especially when it came time for him to take over, he'd already had a wealth of experience and titles to rely on

Agreed. But I just wanted to point out that some talents are born winners and they take charge. Beside Donnarumma who unfortunatley spoiled the fun via his agent, I don't think your youngsters are winners or the same breed. Someone will say we need to give him time and I usually told the same. But I grew older and I'm a bit more inclined to make faster and bolder judgements.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 1 2018, 04:32 PM
Post #390

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 1 2018, 01:31 PM) *

What do you guys think of Belotti nowadays anyway? I'm very ambiguous to say at least.

Depay? The man has been a complete letdown ever since he left the Dutch league? Whatever makes you say that he's our key signing puzzles me completely.

+Quote Post

28 Pages V  « < 24 25 26 27 28 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:51 PM