Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 13 2017, 10:42 PM) *
So....

--------------Donnarumma

Conti, Romagnoli, Bonucci, Rodriguez

----------------Biglia,

--------Jack, Kessie Calhanoglu

-------------Silva---Bacca

At the minute that's our strongest team. I can't think of anyone to pair Biglia with. Unless Musacchio is capable in DM. So otherwise it's a 4-1-3-2 right now.

Why did you put Kessie behind the strikers?

It'll definitely look like this:

Donnarumma
Conti - Bonucci - Romagnoli - Rodriguez
Kessie - Biglia
Suso - Calhaonglu - Bona
Silva

Suso will be a starter and Bacca will be sold.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jul 13 2017, 11:10 PM
Post #47

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members

Oh, and can I say that line-up is definitely 2nd place worthy?

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jul 13 2017, 11:34 PM
Post #48

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 14 2017, 01:08 AM) *

Donnarumma
Kessie - Biglia
Suso - Calhaonglu - Bona
Silva

But I think we'll go for another striker. Not sure if Silva will be our main attacker.

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Jul 14 2017, 12:40 AM
Post #49

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,786

I am more than sure that we will play 3-5-2.

Why?

1. Musachio is too good to let him in the bench.
2. Both our signings on the wings (Conti and Rodriguez) perform better as wingers rather than fullbacks.
3. 3-5-2 is working in Italy.
4. We can use Calhanoglus passing and shooting abilities, while as an attacking playmaker he doesn't need to run as much.
5. We will start selling, I think Suso will be a victim, while we replace him with Ghezzal who won't mind the bench contrary to Suso.
6. We have a strong box to box midfielder like Kessie and a proven leader as a deep lying playmaker like Biglia.
7. Bonucci is known as a very good libero.
8. Silva needs a parner in the attack, he can't play solo.
9. Montella is adaptable and has more than decent tactical knowledge.
10. Cos we don't have Berlusconi to order the coach how to play.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jul 14 2017, 01:15 AM
Post #50

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 13 2017, 11:08 PM) *

Donnarumma
Kessie - Biglia
Suso - Calhaonglu - Bona
Silva

I've been told Kessie's a box to box midfielder not a holding midfielder.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jul 14 2017, 01:19 AM
Post #51

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 13 2017, 11:08 PM) *
Suso will be a starter

If he stays, and is, I sincerely hope he irons out the weaknesses in his game because in the right state of mind and on form he's epic, but for the majority of last season he wasn't. I don't want selfish ineffective Suso, one footed easily marked out Suso, sh*t corner-taking Suso.

I want the one who could beat men, the one who can assist, the one who can score. And he needs to mature because following this summer's business, he is no longer the main man - and from what I saw last season being the main man is what he wants.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 14 2017, 09:55 AM
Post #52

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 14 2017, 01:19 AM) *
If he stays, and is, I sincerely hope he irons out the weaknesses in his game because in the right state of mind and on form he's epic, but for the majority of last season he wasn't. I don't want selfish ineffective Suso, one footed easily marked out Suso, sh*t corner-taking Suso.

I want the one who could beat men, the one who can assist, the one who can score. And he needs to mature because following this summer's business, he is no longer the main man - and from what I saw last season being the main man is what he wants.

I don't understand your harsh assessment of Suso. Yes he dropped off mid to late last season, but what do you expect really? He played in practically each game, add to that once Bona was injured he was the only focal point of the team so all teams had to do to stop us is to mark him out.

Suso is a very good player and has a lot of potential. With good players around him he will excel.

Also, I agree with d'Arc, last time out I was totally in disagreement with him that we would be playing a 3-man backline, but with Bonucci added to the mix you simply have to go there imo

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jul 14 2017, 11:35 AM
Post #53

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 14 2017, 09:55 AM) *
I don't understand your harsh assessment of Suso. Yes he dropped off mid to late last season, but what do you expect really? He played in practically each game, add to that once Bona was injured he was the only focal point of the team so all teams had to do to stop us is to mark him out.

Suso is a very good player and has a lot of potential. With good players around him he will excel.

You better be right!

Also, I agree with d'Arc, last time out I was totally in disagreement with him that we would be playing a 3-man backline, but with Bonucci added to the mix you simply have to go there imo

Yeah, I have to agree too. On reflection, we didn't sign Musacchio to bench him. All three will start and we'll go 3. Which means Conte RWB and Rodriguez LWB therefore Jack, Kessie and Biglia central, Silva front and Belotti up top.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Jul 14 2017, 12:14 PM
Post #54

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 14 2017, 06:05 PM) *
Yeah, I have to agree too. On reflection, we didn't sign Musacchio to bench him. All three will start and we'll go 3. Which means Conte RWB and Rodriguez LWB therefore Jack, Kessie and Biglia central, Silva front and Belotti up top.

I think what we might see is one of Suso or Jack being SS, with Silva as playmaking CF. I have to admit I'm a bit worried about this enormous financial gamble that has been taken, with no CL in sight and the pressure it brings. Just think of Inter and the spent they did a year or two ago. We've spent more.

In fact with Bonucci's purchase I think we smash the all-time Serie A transfer spend record set by Juventus for a single season.

So at this moment in time, I can't say I'm all-on on spending another 60-70MM for a forward. Let's just sort of lay off the gas right? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jul 14 2017, 02:56 PM
Post #55

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jul 14 2017, 12:14 PM) *
I think what we might see is one of Suso or Jack being SS, with Silva as playmaking CF. I have to admit I'm a bit worried about this enormous financial gamble that has been taken, with no CL in sight and the pressure it brings. Just think of Inter and the spent they did a year or two ago. We've spent more.

In fact with Bonucci's purchase I think we smash the all-time Serie A transfer spend record set by Juventus for a single season.

So at this moment in time, I can't say I'm all-on on spending another 60-70MM for a forward. Let's just sort of lay off the gas right? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

This had to happen. If we want a Milan to be proud of, we had to spend big. Very big.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Jul 14 2017, 03:22 PM
Post #56

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 14 2017, 09:26 PM) *
This had to happen. If we want a Milan to be proud of, we had to spend big. Very big.

...we already have...and we can spend more across two seasons. It's just that this seems a bit like an ALL-IN situation in poker. Too many new faces, possibly disturbed dressing room chemistry.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jul 14 2017, 04:48 PM
Post #57

The brightest sun is the purest gun

QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Jul 14 2017, 12:40 AM) *
I am more than sure that we will play 3-5-2.

Why?

1. Musachio is too good to let him in the bench.
2. Both our signings on the wings (Conti and Rodriguez) perform better as wingers rather than fullbacks.
3. 3-5-2 is working in Italy.
4. We can use Calhanoglus passing and shooting abilities, while as an attacking playmaker he doesn't need to run as much.
5. We will start selling, I think Suso will be a victim, while we replace him with Ghezzal who won't mind the bench contrary to Suso.
6. We have a strong box to box midfielder like Kessie and a proven leader as a deep lying playmaker like Biglia.
7. Bonucci is known as a very good libero.
8. Silva needs a parner in the attack, he can't play solo.
9. Montella is adaptable and has more than decent tactical knowledge.
10. Cos we don't have Berlusconi to order the coach how to play.

Those aren't really reasons, more like justifications. 3-5-2 is an outdated system, my friend. No big team in Europe employs it except Chelsea, and that's because of Conte. Even Juventus have dropped it in favor of the more modern and versatile 4-2-3-1. That should tell you something.

Moreover, I wouldn't want to sacrifice the likes of Bonaventura and Suso just because you don't want to bench Musacchio. We finally have three attacking midfielders, two of which can play on the wing. Let's use them.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 14 2017, 06:36 PM
Post #58

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 14 2017, 11:35 AM) *
You better be right!

Why though? Holding on to Suso is only going to be beneficial for us. He might not even be an outright starter next season anyway, but a great squad player. He's on low wages and a great asset to have. Add to that for 22m I would tell Spurs to f off. He's worth more than that, if Bernardo Silva is worth 40m than so does Suso, he has very similar stats and played in a much more difficult league last season

For 40m I would consider it, but nothing less, especially from an EPL side, when they're wasting huge sums on mediocre players from their own league. Look at the Kyle Walker transfer FFS!

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jul 14 2017, 12:14 PM) *

I think they'll rotate Silva, Hakan and Kessie tbh.

I am 100% sure we're getting a striker, a pure CF to either partner Silva or be the main forward in a single striker system. We'll have to see what formation is going to be used. If it's a 3 at the back we can either go 3-4-3, 3-5-1 or 3-4-1-2, Suso and Bona fit in all of them either next to the striker or behind him. I think Hakan is more of a central player, I don't think he should be used on the wings.

If we go for 4 at the back that poses a bit of an issue, especially if we add another CF into the mix

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 14 2017, 04:48 PM) *
Those aren't really reasons, more like justifications. 3-5-2 is an outdated system, my friend. No big team in Europe employs it except Chelsea, and that's because of Conte. Even Juventus have dropped it in favor of the more modern and versatile 4-2-3-1. That should tell you something.

Moreover, I wouldn't want to sacrifice the likes of Bonaventura and Suso just because you don't want to bench Musacchio. We finally have three attacking midfielders, two of which can play on the wing. Let's use them.

I disagree. I think formations tend to go in fads. Atm the 3-man backline is in fashion thanks to Conte, not many teams can deploy it because it's a more complex system and your players have to know what they're doing but, I think it can be great if applied correctly.

Look at Real last season, they played a 4-3-1-2 with Isco in the hole. That's an "outdated" formation according to most but the won the CL using it

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Jul 14 2017, 08:44 PM
Post #59

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,786

#Sky: Milan's offer for Belotti is €40m + Paletta. Aubameyang and Kalinic are other names for attack.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jul 14 2017, 09:20 PM
Post #60

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Jul 14 2017, 08:44 PM) *
#Sky: Milan's offer for Belotti is €40m + Paletta. Aubameyang and Kalinic are other names for attack.

LAWL. Are we deliberately hijacking that deal (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I've also heard we're back in for Morata.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:49 AM