Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OFFICIAL: ZAMBROTTA JOINS MILAN, this is no joke

I_Rossoneri
post Jun 1 2008, 07:59 PM
Post #31

Allievi Regionali B

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 558

Zambro is a good signing if a little late, hopefully this means no R10 which would be good as well (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Now to offload slabbiatti (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Jun 1 2008, 09:03 PM
Post #32

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,388

I think I'm the only one that is not the least bit excited about this signing. There are much better players on the market right now. Zambrotta is good for a team like Juve who do have a bunch of youngsters and are in need of some good ol' experienced players to make up the backbone of their team... Milan? We need youth and speed.

+Quote Post

mishie
post Jun 1 2008, 09:06 PM
Post #33

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,072

QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Jun 1 2008, 08:03 PM)
I think I'm the only one that is not the least bit excited about this signing. There are much better players on the market right now. Zambrotta is good for a team like Juve who do have a bunch of youngsters and are in need of some good ol' experienced players to make up the backbone of their team... Milan? We need youth and speed.

did you see him in the Azzuri game?
no lack of pace there (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Jun 1 2008, 09:12 PM
Post #34

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (mishie @ Jun 1 2008, 02:06 PM)
did you see him in the Azzuri game?
no lack of pace there  (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

No, I missed it. But I watched many Barca games last from last season and I was disappointed with him. I like him as a player. I was a fan of his when he played as a LM for Juve some years ago. But now how old is he? 31. When I look at the age of our defense, I have to say, it doesn't look good.

+Quote Post

mishie
post Jun 1 2008, 09:15 PM
Post #35

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,072

QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Jun 1 2008, 08:12 PM)
No, I missed it. But I watched many Barca games last from last season and I was disappointed with him. I like him as a player. I was a fan of his when he played as a LM for Juve some years ago. But now how old is he? 31. When I look at the age of our defense, I have to say, it doesn't look good.

a bad season that i can't deny...but he's back home in Italy and playing for the club he wants to so no excuses for him now..and when he played at Bari he was a winger so maybe he won't always play in defense a midfield role is an option to

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post Jun 1 2008, 09:15 PM
Post #36

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,873

QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Jun 1 2008, 09:12 PM)

barca on the whole were crap

+Quote Post

morgoth
post Jun 1 2008, 09:16 PM
Post #37

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 3,827

QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Jun 1 2008, 09:03 PM)

Zambro would be a good player for any team, he's experienced and can be used as a starter for his first season without a risk. Don't forget that we signed Cafu when he was 32 and he gave us 3 wonderful seasons, so for me Zambrotta is one of the best WBs out there plus he can play on both sides. He's what I like t call "une valeur sûre" (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

I think Milan need players like Zambro+young players.

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Jun 1 2008, 09:19 PM
Post #38

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (morgoth @ Jun 1 2008, 02:16 PM)
I think Milan need players like Zambro+young players.

I would like that also.

So I guess Zambrotta was the world class defender our management were talking about all along, eh?

+Quote Post

morgoth
post Jun 1 2008, 09:21 PM
Post #39

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 3,827

QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Jun 1 2008, 09:19 PM)
So I guess Zambrotta was the world class defender our management were talking about all along, eh?

Probably since there's no world class CB on the market.

(in my opinion there's no world class CBs in the whole game today)

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Jun 1 2008, 09:56 PM
Post #40

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Jun 1 2008, 11:12 PM)

That's because Barca play at a very high pace, Max. But in a team like Milan, he would be even more solid, because the tempo is not as fast. Plus, I don't think youth in the back line is a good thing, especially in Serie A. And he isn't that old, I mean Cafu came to Milan he was at 32/33 and gave Milan some good four years, when at the start almost everyone predicted he would be nothing more than a fringe player.

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Jun 2 2008, 02:47 AM
Post #41

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,660

Vargas would have been the better choice but i'm not gonna complain. At least we have someone who is above brocchi level. As for CB i think we should cut kala and let bonera slot in beside nesta. That for me would be much better than bonera at right back. But i doubt carlo will give up his relationship with kala for milan (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jun 2 2008, 03:22 PM
Post #42

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Jun 1 2008, 08:12 PM)

Well Zambro has never really played well for Barca apart from some very rare occasions here and there. He's never been happy there and almost pretty much admitted that he wanted Milan to begin with during his first few months as a Barca player.

As for his position, I think he's at his absolute best playing at LB, at Barca 95% of the time he was played at RB. And personally I hope that he will be played on the left next season.

As for his age, I don't really see it as an issue imo, it's still a reasonable age for a defender that takes proper care of his fitness and it's still a step down from Cafu and Sergio.

Personally I think that Zambro is class and when playing at his best he's the best around in his position, age doesn't change that, he still hasn't lost his pace and I think he still has 3-4 good years left in him to play at the top level.

If Oddo rediscovers his form for next season, I think we won;t have any problems in the fullback department

This post has been edited by han2503: Jun 2 2008, 03:27 PM

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Jun 2 2008, 03:54 PM
Post #43

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 2 2008, 08:22 AM)
Well Zambro has never really played well for Barca apart from some very rare occasions here and there. He's never been happy there and almost pretty much admitted that he wanted Milan to begin with during his first few months as a Barca player.

As for his position, I think he's at his absolute best playing at LB, at Barca 95% of the time he was played at RB. And personally I hope that he will be played on the left next season.

As for his age, I don't really see it as an issue imo, it's still a reasonable age for a defender that takes proper care of his fitness and it's still a step down from Cafu and Sergio.

Personally I think that Zambro is class and when playing at his best he's the best around in his position, age doesn't change that, he still hasn't lost his pace and I think he still has 3-4 good years left in him to play at the top level.

If Oddo rediscovers his form for next season, I think we won;t have any problems in the fullback department

+1 (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

Excellent post.

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Jun 2 2008, 10:53 PM
Post #44

Allievi Nazionali

The former Juventus stopper signed for Milan on Saturday on a three year deal worth €4m per season following his two year spell at Barcelona.

Zambro is currently in Austria with La Nazionale as they prepare for Euro 2008 but he is looking forward to his new challenge with Milan when he returns to Italy. 

“I will give my very best so that we can win everything with Milan,” Zambrotta told Milan channel. 

“It is an enormous pleasure to return to Italy and to a great side like Milan. 

“I missed the chance to come here twice in the past but this time we succeeded. 

“This side hasn’t won the Scudetto for a few years and this is my biggest motivation.” 

Zambrotta came close to joining Milan from Bari a decade ago but the move failed and he went to Juventus instead. 

In 2006 the Bianconeri were demoted to Serie B and Zambro moved to Barcelona with Lillian Thuram. 

However, after two trophy-less seasons with the Blaugrana, he has decided to come back to Serie A, much to the delighted of Rossoneri fans no doubt. 

(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/king.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 3 2008, 01:23 AM
Post #45

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

“This side hasn’t won the Scudetto for a few years and this is my biggest motivation.”

Zambrotta has the right mind, hopefully the other players realise they also play in a league!

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:04 PM