21 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Champions League - R16 1st Leg - Milan vs Barcelona, Date: 20/02/2013 Time: 20:45 CET

dst
post Feb 18 2013, 06:29 PM
Post #1

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

Recent previous meetings:
2011/2012 :: Quarter-finals :: FC Barcelona - AC Milan 3:1
2011/2012 :: Quarter-finals :: AC Milan - FC Barcelona 0:0
2011/2012 :: Group H :: AC Milan - FC Barcelona 2:3
2011/2012 :: Group H :: FC Barcelona - AC Milan 2:2
2005/2006 :: Semi-finals :: FC Barcelona - AC Milan 0:0
2005/2006 :: Semi-finals :: AC Milan - FC Barcelona 0:1
2004/2005 :: Group F :: FC Barcelona - AC Milan 2:1
2004/2005 :: Group F :: AC Milan - FC Barcelona 1:0

Milan have not won in any of the previous 7 meetings.

Milan: WWWDW
Barcelona: WDDWW

Possible line-ups:
Milan: "Some Allegri Cr**" - han or "Something only Mourinho could best" - Kurt
Barcelona: Whatever Pep did
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Feb 18 2013, 06:49 PM
Post #2

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

Someone had this line-up on Facebook:

(IMG:https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/184297_533766813313303_830499630_n.png)

I like it. I just hope though that Ambrosini doesn't play. He can't cut it at this level anymore.

+Quote Post

drucurl
post Feb 18 2013, 07:50 PM
Post #3

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 4,041

can we continue slagging off Allegri here....or do we really need to let this game happen first? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

Jack Bauer
post Feb 18 2013, 07:56 PM
Post #4

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 6,705

Milan forward Stephan El Shaarawy has returned to training today ahead of their match against Barcelona on Wednesday.

The 20-year-old striker was rested for Friday's win over Parma with knee tendon damage.

But the Italy international has seemingly got over his injury woes having taken full-part in the Rossoneri's session this morning.

It is still unclear though whether El Shaarawy will be fit enough to start against the Blaugrana.

http://www.football-italia.net/30924/el-sh...eturns-training

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Feb 18 2013, 08:26 PM
Post #5

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

SES will play.

I hope for a 1-1 draw in this fixture. We will concede just hope its just a goal.

However, in a realistic scenario, given this squad, I see us loosing this one 1-5. Messi with a hattrick even (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Feb 18 2013, 10:06 PM
Post #6

I think we'll draw, last season-style.

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Feb 18 2013, 10:21 PM
Post #7

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,388

I think we might concede 2 or 3 in the least, but I'm hoping for a win obviously.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Feb 18 2013, 10:28 PM
Post #8

Imagine if we pull a Chelsea. I mean, they were crap last season as well (ended up 5th in the league), but managed to actually beat Barça at home and tie at Camp Nou. It's nearly impossible, I know, but one can dream.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 18 2013, 10:30 PM
Post #9

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Feb 18 2013, 08:26 PM) *
SES will play.

I hope for a 1-1 draw in this fixture. We will concede just hope its just a goal.

However, in a realistic scenario, given this squad, I see us loosing this one 1-5. Messi with a hattrick even (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

I don't see the squad as being the problem. If they're set out right I think we should do decently.

It all depends on the guys Allegri chooses and the tactics he chooses to deploy. If he picks the likes of Muntari to start in midfield then the writing is already on the wall before the match even kicks off.

I seriously hope he does not go for the usual 4-3-3. THAT would seriously be suicidal. Either start with a xmas tree set-up or use the typical 4-3-1-2 and I seriously do not want to see Niang in this one. Pazzini HAS to be the one to start upfront

Personally I'd like to see this

Abate--Mexes--Zapata--Constant*
Flamini--Monto--Nocerino
Prince--SES
Pazzini

Flamini and Nocerino would seriously need to do a double-up job with the FBs and help them out big time. If these 2 drop off to help out the FBs then Prince and SES would then drop deeper and help out Monto in the center.

Pazzini will be starved 99.99% of the time, but if he can work hard by dropping deep and putting pressure on their defenders/midfielders and then hold up the ball when we actually win it back he'd be worth as much as a goal.

If we want to at least give this a shot than going out 4-3-3 like we do in the league and playing the brainless football we usually do then yes, expect a spanking similar to the one you predicted up here.

Keep it tight and use the ball wisely on the rare occasions that we have it, using setpiece situations to their fullest will give us a whisper of a chance. But players like Muntari, Niang, Traore, Yepes, etc need to be kept out at all costs.

I put a * next to Constant because I'm seriously worried about him. His defensive qualities have rarely been put to the test and I seriously feel that he could be turned inside out here. That being said, I have no idea who could start instead. DS is the only name that comes to mind who can do a decent defensive job but throwing him out there in such a tie could be a huge mistake. One thing's for sure, the midfielder playing on the left side will have to work his @ss off

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Feb 18 2013, 10:36 PM
Post #10

Constant will be MoM.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Feb 18 2013, 10:42 PM
Post #11

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

Gee! what's with this positive attitude around here? pull a Chelsea? draw? win?

You'll find the reality such a ***** when they score 3 past us.

QUOTE (dst @ Feb 18 2013, 10:59 PM) *
Possible line-ups:
Milan: "Some Allegri Cr**" - han or "Something only Mourinho could best" - Kurt
Barcelona: Whatever Pep did

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Feb 19 2013, 03:54 AM
Post #12

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Last season Ambrosini played a crucial role against Barcelona. I think he can reprise his showing.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Feb 19 2013, 04:16 AM
Post #13

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Feb 18 2013, 11:42 PM) *
Gee! what's with this positive attitude around here? pull a Chelsea? draw? win?

Depends how they play. If they show the same arrogance like the SF 2nd leg in 2010 and 2012 then we can stand some sort of chance. If they really go for it they we'll lose both legs.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Feb 19 2013, 07:46 AM
Post #14

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 19 2013, 06:54 AM) *
Last season Ambrosini played a crucial role against Barcelona. I think he can reprise his showing.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) Blasphemy, he is 30+ he is sh1te!

QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 19 2013, 01:30 AM) *
I don't see the squad as being the problem. If they're set out right I think we should do decently.

It all depends on the guys Allegri chooses and the tactics he chooses to deploy. If he picks the likes of Muntari to start in midfield then the writing is already on the wall before the match even kicks off.

I seriously hope he does not go for the usual 4-3-3. THAT would seriously be suicidal. Either start with a xmas tree set-up or use the typical 4-3-1-2 and I seriously do not want to see Niang in this one. Pazzini HAS to be the one to start upfront

Personally I'd like to see this

Abate--Mexes--Zapata--Constant*
Flamini--Monto--Nocerino
Prince--SES
Pazzini

Flamini and Nocerino would seriously need to do a double-up job with the FBs and help them out big time. If these 2 drop off to help out the FBs then Prince and SES would then drop deeper and help out Monto in the center.

Pazzini will be starved 99.99% of the time, but if he can work hard by dropping deep and putting pressure on their defenders/midfielders and then hold up the ball when we actually win it back he'd be worth as much as a goal.

If we want to at least give this a shot than going out 4-3-3 like we do in the league and playing the brainless football we usually do then yes, expect a spanking similar to the one you predicted up here.

Keep it tight and use the ball wisely on the rare occasions that we have it, using setpiece situations to their fullest will give us a whisper of a chance. But players like Muntari, Niang, Traore, Yepes, etc need to be kept out at all costs.

I put a * next to Constant because I'm seriously worried about him. His defensive qualities have rarely been put to the test and I seriously feel that he could be turned inside out here. That being said, I have no idea who could start instead. DS is the only name that comes to mind who can do a decent defensive job but throwing him out there in such a tie could be a huge mistake. One thing's for sure, the midfielder playing on the left side will have to work his @ss off

Ever considered coaching Milan? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

mallamkay
post Feb 19 2013, 09:38 AM
Post #15

Esordienti B 96

Member No.: 1,145

If we lose by a decent margin over the 2 legs, it won't make any news.
However, if we beat dem over d 2 legs, nomatter how we do it (even if it is a handball goal or own goal) then that is big NEWS.

And I hope against hope that we make d big news

+Quote Post

21 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:55 AM