2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Milan Set For Montolivo-Gila Swap?

Guest_fresh_prince7_*
post Mar 24 2008, 12:26 PM
Post #1

Guests

Milan Set For Montolivo-Gila Swap?

AC Milan could be set to swap Alberto Gilardino for Fiorentina’s Riccardo Montolivo, according to sources in Italy.

Gilardino is virtually certain to leave Milan in the summer, following a third hugely disappointing season at San Siro.

The Rossoneri will have four fit and healthy strikers in their first team squad next campaign. These will be Alexandre Pato, Filippo Inzaghi, Alberto Paloschi, as well as one top-class name, possibly Dimitar Berbatov, who will be signed.

Alberto Gilardino will be sold, and his most likely destination is Fiorentina. Viola boss Cesare Prandelli is a big admirer of Gila, having worked with him successfully in the past at Parma.

Milan are set to propose a part-exchange deal which will see young midfielder Riccardo Montolivo go the other way.

The 23-year-old is regarded as one of Italy’s most promising young players, and has an uncanny likeness to Andrea Pirlo on the field play.

However this season Montolivo has been a terrible disappointment, leading some figures in the game to question whether he will go on to fulfill his early promise.

Prandelli is keen to let the ex-Atalanta man go, while Milan feel they can repeat what they did when they signed a young and underachieving Pirlo from Inter several years ago.

Roberto Rossi

(goal.com)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Mar 24 2008, 12:41 PM
Post #2

Allievi Regionali B

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 558

This would be a good swap IMO. As much as I don't want Gila to leave it would make sense to have a good backup for Pirlo. As for Montolivo being a disappointment, i don't believe a player turns bad overnight(which is why I have faith in Gila) and perhaps a change of scenery could revitalise his career?

+Quote Post

dst
post Mar 24 2008, 12:46 PM
Post #3

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

Gila is far from being the immolator of Milan's bad performances in the past couple of seasons. The whole team has under-performed it's no big secret. We can't just blame Gila...

But the thing is, Gila IS blamed for Milan's pathetic displays and this is not going to change. Also, we know he cannot perform under pressure and since they're not going to let him be, I think it would be best for him to go...

Now if we get Montolivo I'd be thrilled! I would not be disappointed if Gila was included in the deal cause of the reason above.

edit: Montolivo has been a disappointment? Who writes this ****? He's played some (very) bad games but he's had a very good season overall.

This post has been edited by dst: Mar 24 2008, 12:48 PM

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Mar 24 2008, 12:53 PM
Post #4

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 558

QUOTE (dst @ Mar 24 2008, 11:46 AM)
Gila is far from being the immolator of Milan's bad performances in the past couple of seasons. The whole team has under-performed it's no big secret. We can't just blame Gila...

But the thing is, Gila IS blamed for Milan's pathetic displays and this is not going to change. Also, we know he cannot perform under pressure and since they're not going to let him be, I think it would be best for him to go...

Now if we get Montolivo I'd be thrilled! I would not be disappointed if Gila was included in the deal cause of the reason above.

edit: Montolivo has been a disappointment? Who writes this ****? He's played some (very) bad games but he's had a very good season overall.

I absolutely wholeheartedly agree (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) And I think that Gila leaving would be the best for us and him. Perhaps he could recapture his Parma time and prove to people that he isn't as bad as some make out.

+Quote Post

misha
post Mar 24 2008, 01:41 PM
Post #5

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 787

Add Barzagli to the swap and give them some cash if needed to, and it would be a perfect deal.

+Quote Post

fahad
post Mar 24 2008, 02:14 PM
Post #6

Esordienti A 95

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,418

i would only want to buy player for first team and swap or get laon players back for adding depth for example David DE Gennaro ( AM ) for seedorf

+Quote Post

dst
post Mar 24 2008, 03:24 PM
Post #7

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (mishale @ Mar 24 2008, 02:41 PM)
Add Barzagli to the swap and give them some cash if needed to, and it would be a perfect deal.

Barzagli?

+Quote Post

Portman
post Mar 24 2008, 03:45 PM
Post #8

Berretti

Member No.: 347

QUOTE (mishale @ Mar 24 2008, 12:41 PM)

Barzagli = Palermo
Montolivo = Fiorentina

About Montolivo, I'd prefer Rosina but both are top italian players. And young. I'd obviously welcome them.

This post has been edited by Porty: Mar 24 2008, 03:47 PM

+Quote Post

dst
post Mar 24 2008, 03:58 PM
Post #9

Primavera
Group Icon

Are we talking about Torino's Rosina? What do you all find so special in him? (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

+Quote Post

mishie
post Mar 24 2008, 04:51 PM
Post #10

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,072

Montolivo is a good young player and i would welcome him the only thing that would concern me is the fact is that he isn't a striker and with the lack of firepower we have it would only make the situation worse......unless Don Silvio is gonna buy a couple of strikers aswell!! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

misha
post Mar 24 2008, 05:39 PM
Post #11

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 787

QUOTE (dst @ Mar 24 2008, 04:24 PM)
Barzagli?

(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/blush.gif) oops Still, bring them both (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

QUOTE (mishie @ Mar 24 2008, 05:51 PM)
Montolivo is a good young player and i would welcome him the only thing that would concern me is the fact is that he isn't a striker and with the lack of firepower we have it would only make the situation worse......unless Don Silvio is gonna buy a couple of strikers aswell!! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Of course a striker (like a keeper) is a must for us with or without Montolivo.

This post has been edited by mishale: Mar 24 2008, 05:40 PM

+Quote Post

dst
post Mar 24 2008, 06:01 PM
Post #12

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (mishale @ Mar 24 2008, 06:39 PM)

Well... as long as Kaladze is first choice... I truly hope Liverpool make a move! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif)

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Mar 24 2008, 06:33 PM
Post #13

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

As much as you all like it....this is just media playing jigsaw puzzle. Viola are not desperate for strikers, and for a team which is trying to be the Arsenal of Serie A, they wouldn't sell their Fabregas now would they??

In porty's words: Thank you, drive through.

+Quote Post

dst
post Mar 24 2008, 07:31 PM
Post #14

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 24 2008, 07:33 PM)
As much as you all like it....this is just media playing jigsaw puzzle. Viola are not desperate for strikers, and for a team which is trying to be the Arsenal of Serie A, they wouldn't sell their Fabregas now would they??

In porty's words: Thank you, drive through.

I don't see it this way. Or at least I don't want to... (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

whoarethepatriot...
post Mar 24 2008, 07:40 PM
Post #15

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 782

QUOTE (mishie @ Mar 24 2008, 03:51 PM)

I agree. As much as i want Montolivo, we are short on strikers and this would be a bad move

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 11:03 AM