han2503
post Aug 17 2018, 09:01 AM
Post #121

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 16 2018, 11:22 PM) *
Why didn't we go after Keita Balde? Inter got him for only 6 million on loan, 30 million option to buy. Seems like a very good deal. I keep repeating myself, but the way we've neglected that left wing is ludicrous.

Hakan is suspended for the first match. Mediaset had frigging Cutrone starting on the left. That's how dire our situation is.

Not to mention that by playing Hakan upfront, we're left with Bonaventura as LCM. Let's be honest, he's just not good enough, especially considering how crap he was last season. Had we at least signed a quality CM, like Milinkovic-Savic, I'd close an eye. But given the situation, we're not that much better from last season.

I think the midfield situation is much more dire than the wings. We have options for the wings now. Maybe not high in quality but certainly better than last season

The midfield situation has been present for over 7 years now, with 3 sets of directors having now overseen all these transfer markets and none of them have addressed the issue. It can't just be the fans who are seeing this problem. Going into another season with the midfield we have is equivalent to shooting ourselves in both feet.

If our mercato closes with Laxalt and Castillejo, it will be a disappointing one for sure as we would have signed mediocre options for the very obvious problem we had.

Higuain is nice icing, but why sign a striker of that magnitude when you're not prepared to give him the right supporting cast? Just makes no sense to me

Also Rino is worrying me. Cutrone on the left, Bakayoko and Kessie both starting in the midfield? These are Allegri post-Ibra type decisions and they worry me. He's insisting on keeping a mediocre player like Bertolacci, keeps playing Borini. If these are the type of decisions he's going to make this season he won't last long, I'm sure of this
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

William405
post Aug 17 2018, 09:53 AM
Post #122

Allievi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 7,239

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 16 2018, 07:44 PM) *
Hakan is not a winger, that's the problem. He's a very good midfielder who improved a lot last season and reached the levels I was expecting from him. But playing him in attack is a waste.

One league title in two years is not what I'd call a disaster.

I don't want Conte mainly because I loathe the 3-man defense system.

But, you agree that in the system Gattuso uses, his best position is on the wings right? Because I don't see him doing well in the three man midfield, honestly. Maybe, I'm wrong though. He would do very good in the trequatrista position in my opinion, but I'm not sure we're going to employ a formation which will bring the best out of him.

Yeah, of-course. He did okay in Chelsea. I'm just saying it ended really badly with a lot of players speaking out on him which is not so usual.

+Quote Post

William405
post Aug 17 2018, 09:57 AM
Post #123

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 16 2018, 05:44 PM) *
Well, even though he does an adequate job on the wing, he's not a winger, he's an attacking mid, to play a 4-3-3 successfully you need proper pacey wingers imo. And even though Hakan was one of our best players once Rino took over, he's just not a winger

Well he's a top coach who is currently available. And for our goals, you absolutely need a top coach. Rino, as much as I love the guy, is simply not going to cut it long term

As for his time at Chelsea. Those Chelsea players have issues with authoritarian type coaches. They did the same with Mourinho. Conte is a known disciplinarian, someone who wants 120% out of his players at all times. It's why he's managed to be so successful even when his teams aren't the best on paper. Sadly, I think his style is far more suited to Italian football, players who have grown up in the Italian footballing culture relish Conte's ways, even the foreign players who have been in Italy for a long time, players in the EPL though are mostly pampered primadonnas. It's why they went against him as soon as things started going just a bit badly.

His time at Juve and with the NT more than show how great he can be

Yeah, I see your point with Hakan. But, where would you play him then? Same question asked to X-OFF.

Well, I'll play the devil's advocate. He might have worked for Juventus and the national team. Because, you practically have the same players there...It wouldn't have been so hard to control the locker room there.

All I'm saying is that the Chelsea time puts a small question mark over his head. Is he too strict?

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post Aug 17 2018, 11:31 AM
Post #124

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,873

any expectation of surprises today?

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 17 2018, 12:42 PM
Post #125

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 17 2018, 09:01 AM) *
I think the midfield situation is much more dire than the wings. We have options for the wings now. Maybe not high in quality but certainly better than last season

The midfield situation has been present for over 7 years now, with 3 sets of directors having now overseen all these transfer markets and none of them have addressed the issue. It can't just be the fans who are seeing this problem. Going into another season with the midfield we have is equivalent to shooting ourselves in both feet.

If our mercato closes with Laxalt and Castillejo, it will be a disappointing one for sure as we would have signed mediocre options for the very obvious problem we had.

Higuain is nice icing, but why sign a striker of that magnitude when you're not prepared to give him the right supporting cast? Just makes no sense to me

Also Rino is worrying me. Cutrone on the left, Bakayoko and Kessie both starting in the midfield? These are Allegri post-Ibra type decisions and they worry me. He's insisting on keeping a mediocre player like Bertolacci, keeps playing Borini. If these are the type of decisions he's going to make this season he won't last long, I'm sure of this

If we had signed a proper left winger, we’d have Biglia, Kessie and Hakan as starters in midfield with Bakayoko and Bonaventura as subs. That’s not a shabby midfield.

But by deploying Hakan in attack not only we’re depriving ourselves of a creative force in midfield but we’re left with no options as well. Anyone with working brain cells can see that. No idea what Leonardo and Gattuso are thinking.

@William I don’t see Hakan as a winger, sorry. I see him as an AM/LCM. With him and Suso uprfront, we’re playing 4-3-2-1 rather than 4-3-3, and that limits our attacking prowess considerably. That system might have worked when we had guys like Pirlo, Seedorf, Rui Costa and Kakà, but not with the current roster of players we have.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Aug 17 2018, 11:35 PM
Post #126

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

The formation will change during the game as well. Debating when the first professional game of the season hasn't kicked off yet is pointless. Whatever testing he does either in friendlies or training, he will probably use at some point in the season.

Ringo was instrumental prior and during the transition from Fassoni and Mirabelli to Leonardo and Maldini. He kept the team as a whole under control, not one player made a fuss about the off field situation. Plus he was the ONLY factor last season that kept Milan playing with heart. Why should he leave? He is a good coach, one that is guaranteed to pass on that Milan fire of past glories to the players.

conte is a good coach, but not what we need right now. I'd rather give Ringo a chance this season with Higuin instead of Kalinic and Silva, Bakayoko in place of Montolivo and the likes, and a direct report to Paolo Maldini which is just perfect!

P.s. think Hakan will be given free movement and not confined to a space

+Quote Post

William405
post Aug 18 2018, 12:23 PM
Post #127

Allievi Regionali B

Pastore signed for Roma for only 24million?! Why didn't we sign him?

+Quote Post

William405
post Aug 18 2018, 12:36 PM
Post #128

Allievi Regionali B

Our new signing: Castillejo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-kevqz-G00

Watch till the end, it has a quite comic ending (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

William405
post Aug 19 2018, 05:57 AM
Post #129

Allievi Regionali B

Marchisio terminated his contract with Juve. Who thinks it would be a good idea to take him?

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 19 2018, 01:12 PM
Post #130

QUOTE (William405 @ Aug 19 2018, 05:57 AM) *
Marchisio terminated his contract with Juve. Who thinks it would be a good idea to take him?

Nah. The guy is way past his prime.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Aug 19 2018, 10:15 PM
Post #131

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

I'm gonna side here with Han. Signing Bakayoko (even on loan) seems to me like a panic move. I think he's a surplus in our squad; we already have Kessie while we lack of a true organizer. We have too many midfielders in quantity and too little in quality. Biglia, Bertolacci and Montolivo should have been sold/shipped out, and a real creator or at least a talented potential should have been signed for midfield.

Hakan cannot play in central midfield, he's too undisciplined and too inconsistent. Also, his only true quality is his shooting and crossing, so it's rather logical he's being played on the side, even though he lacks pace. But I'd say that Halilović, Suso, Hakan and Castillejo offer much more for the flanks than we had in the last 2-3 seasons.

But I get that we didn't have time to strike all the necessary deals. I think Leonardo and Maldini have done far better with far less money and time then Mirabelli and Fassone did last summer.

That being said, I'm really glad both F&M are out. I never once trusted those washed-out Interistas. Last summer and their lack of true vision proved that (even though I think they wanted to sign Cristiano which would have been huge, but well - it's their fault we didn't make the CL).

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 20 2018, 12:32 AM
Post #132

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 19 2018, 10:15 PM) *
I'm gonna side here with Han. Signing Bakayoko (even on loan) seems to me like a panic move. I think he's a surplus in our squad; we already have Kessie while we lack of a true organizer. We have too many midfielders in quantity and too little in quality. Biglia, Bertolacci and Montolivo should have been sold/shipped out, and a real creator or at least a talented potential should have been signed for midfield.

Hakan cannot play in central midfield, he's too undisciplined and too inconsistent. Also, his only true quality is his shooting and crossing, so it's rather logical he's being played on the side, even though he lacks pace. But I'd say that Halilović, Suso, Hakan and Castillejo offer much more for the flanks than we had in the last 2-3 seasons.

But I get that we didn't have time to strike all the necessary deals. I think Leonardo and Maldini have done far better with far less money and time then Mirabelli and Fassone did last summer.

That being said, I'm really glad both F&M are out. I never once trusted those washed-out Interistas. Last summer and their lack of true vision proved that (even though I think they wanted to sign Cristiano which would have been huge, but well - it's their fault we didn't make the CL).

Bakayoko was signed as a vice-Kessie.

We do lack a true organizer because Biglia is not good enough.

Hakan can play in midfield. He's very disciplined and in the second half of last season was very consistent, arguably our best player. He's the player with most vision and best passing skills, hence relegating him on the wing is a mistake, IMO.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Aug 20 2018, 10:43 AM
Post #133

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

But in the second half of the season he played on the flank. So how can you know he's good in a central position? Just because his passing? Please... I've seen him play a hundred times at HSV and Leverkusen. He just can't pull off a consistent disciplined and responsible long term play in that department.

Yes, but did we need a high-profile vice-Kessie? I mean now we have 2 similar players who are both good and both fighting for a starter position while the rest of the midfield is covered with sub-par starters and sub-par backups (bar Bonaventura who's still a big question mark).

+Quote Post

William405
post Aug 20 2018, 01:22 PM
Post #134

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 14 2018, 09:51 PM) *
Kessie - Biglia
Suso - Hakan - LFW
Higuain

We lack a left winger, that's the problem. Otherwise, we do have the personnel for it.

I know I'm quoting an old post, but I really like the formation that you posted. It would be cool if Rino tries something a little more attacking. I mean potentially Castielljo and Laxalt can play there.(Also, Bonaventura no??) I know that it is maybe not their natural position, but it could work as a stop-gap solution..

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 20 2018, 02:54 PM
Post #135

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 20 2018, 10:43 AM) *
But in the second half of the season he played on the flank. So how can you know he's good in a central position? Just because his passing? Please... I've seen him play a hundred times at HSV and Leverkusen. He just can't pull off a consistent disciplined and responsible long term play in that department.

Yes, but did we need a high-profile vice-Kessie? I mean now we have 2 similar players who are both good and both fighting for a starter position while the rest of the midfield is covered with sub-par starters and sub-par backups (bar Bonaventura who's still a big question mark).

Because I've also seen him play now and I can state with confidence that he has what it takes to play as mezz'ala, or even better, as trequartista in a 4-2-3-1.

And I'm amazed that you refer to Hakan as undisciplined. To me he has proven the complete opposite. A very dedicated and disciplined player that works his @ss off even though that's not his primary duty, which is to create.

QUOTE (William405 @ Aug 20 2018, 01:22 PM) *
I know I'm quoting an old post, but I really like the formation that you posted. It would be cool if Rino tries something a little more attacking. I mean potentially Castielljo and Laxalt can play there.(Also, Bonaventura no??) I know that it is maybe not their natural position, but it could work as a stop-gap solution..

My question is why didn't we tap that hole on the left while we still could? Plenty of available solutions out there. Whereas Suso is the dribble/creator on the left, what we needed was a right-footed winger who can score. That's how you get the best out of a 4-3-3 formation.

It's the typical alpha-beta argument. Instead, with Suso and Hakan on the wings we have two beta type of players, both who can create, but none of which can score on a constant basis. Because they're not strikers. It's all on Higuain's shoulders to give us +25 goals in attack, and that's one hell of a burden.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:00 PM