22 Pages V  « < 18 19 20 21 22 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> AC Milan pre-season match thread, Next Up: Milan - Inter - 25th July @ 13:00 CET

han2503
post Aug 20 2015, 11:27 AM
Post #286

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 19 2015, 11:34 PM) *
I concede that pre-season is not the best barometer of judgement, be it a player or a team, but at the same time it's not the worst either.

Last pre-season was diabolical - and that was spot on regarding how our season went.

This one has been patchy, but with signs now and again that it's going in the right direction.

And Bacca has really stood out, as I hoped he would. Adriano not quite as much, and it took him till the Coppa match to finally spring to life a bit.

And re: Bacca - I think a lot of folks (me smugly excluded) underestimated how good he is and fixated on the price.

As for Ibra Bacca - would be nice - Adriano hasn't quite won folk over yet, but nevertheless those three would be half decent up top.

Re: Menez Miha's said if he doesn't play the way he (Miha) wants him to, aka unselfishly and creatively, he'll spend most his time on the bench. And I am for that. Menez with the right attitude could be explosive. He could be the best treq we've got, but we've not seen that part of him because he plays for himself.

We won the Trofeo Tim last summer as well...

I think it all depends. Pre-season nowadays is mostly used to earn the club some extra cash. When you play a Bayern or Spurs side who are a week away from kicking off their season while we still have a month to go, it does have a huge impact on how we do, not to mention it could be a bit of a hit to morale, even if it is just a friendly.

I think it's been an overall good pre-season tbh. Only game where I was really disappointed was against Lyon.

I never really judged whether Bacca was good enough or not. I have mostly judged the supporting cast. And while I may have underestimated how good he can be without proper service, he would be far more fruitful if he had it. And playing another pure CF in Adriano next to him for me won't work long term. That's why I think that Menez should partner him. With Adriano being a direct sub for either one.

As for Menez, I didn't say he should play in the trequartista position, but the SS position. I personally don't think we should go for a pure attacker in that trequartista position. Ideally that player is a midfielder, both for the balance of the team and because 3 forwards in there will make it more messy rather than give us more attacking power imo.

QUOTE (William405 @ Aug 20 2015, 06:34 AM) *
I remember reading that he played for the team when he entered in the Coppa match. I don't know cause my stream pretty much died in a huge chunk of the second half.

Still he's having back problems, and it's recurring. So, that's a major issue at the moment.

Honestly, I don't agree with y'all about Honda. I know he is not a spectacular player, but if he works in the system then why not. His pass leading to Luiz Adriano was pretty cool. He also always has a goal in him. So IDK.

I'm more than sure Miha prefers Menez, and sees him as a big part of the team, it's just the injury issues that's stopping us from seeing what he could do for Miha's Milan.

I think having a top AM instead of Honda would take this team to another level. Yes we can do with Honda for now, but he's really not good enough if you have higher aspirations than just fighting for 3rd
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 20 2015, 11:54 AM
Post #287

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 20 2015, 11:27 AM) *
I personally don't think we should go for a pure attacker in that trequartista position. Ideally that player is a midfielder, both for the balance of the team and because 3 forwards in there will make it more messy rather than give us more attacking power imo.

Agreed. The treq should be a midfielder. Forwards in that position rarely work because they don't have the discipline nor the tactical awareness.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 21 2015, 03:25 PM
Post #288

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

Someone oughta open the Fio thread.

+Quote Post

William405
post Aug 21 2015, 06:59 PM
Post #289

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

Yep! ^^ Come on Han, you can do it, there's nothing to it!

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 21 2015, 07:00 PM
Post #290

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (William405 @ Aug 21 2015, 06:59 PM) *
Yep! ^^ Come on Han, you can do it, there's nothing to it!

I shall

+Quote Post

acid911
post Aug 21 2015, 08:35 PM
Post #291

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 22 2015, 12:00 AM) *
I shall

He did! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 21 2015, 09:58 PM
Post #292

No way! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 21 2015, 10:53 PM
Post #293

Allievi Nazionali

WAY (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 22 2015, 08:02 AM
Post #294

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 3 2015, 12:26 PM
Post #295

We're playing Mantova today at 7PM. Balo is expected to start.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Sep 3 2015, 04:02 PM
Post #296

Allievi Nazionali

I can honestly say I probably won't be watching this one. I usually watch absolutely every second of Milan, even pointless friendlies, but that window killed a great deal of my enthusiasm.

Only Milan could spend as much as PSG and Man City etc yet end up with a weaker and worse squad than they had at the start.

I'll probably keep up to speed on Twitter if I'm not busy, but I probably will be.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 3 2015, 05:15 PM
Post #297

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Will be going out. Will check out a repay if we do well (which should be a given here)

+Quote Post

amancik
post Sep 3 2015, 07:26 PM
Post #298

Milanfan to Death

Member No.: 11

Balotelli playing behind the two strikers. I must say, so far not bad at all.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 3 2015, 07:44 PM
Post #299

QUOTE (amancik @ Sep 3 2015, 07:26 PM) *
Balotelli playing behind the two strikers. I must say, so far not bad at all.

Don't forget who the opponent is. We destroyed Perugia, but sucked @ss when we faced a real opponent in Fiorentina.

+Quote Post

amancik
post Sep 3 2015, 07:48 PM
Post #300

Milanfan to Death

Member No.: 11

He looks good physically. Working tirelessly, always ready to receive the ball. Hope he continues this attitude throughout the season.

Balotelli, Donnarumma and Adriano aside, our midfield can't do sh*t. If we have better midfielders we would have buried Mantova.

This post has been edited by amancik: Sep 3 2015, 07:49 PM

+Quote Post

22 Pages V  « < 18 19 20 21 22 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:33 AM