Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Beckham, David Beckham

Zed.D
post Oct 23 2008, 05:25 PM
Post #1

Primavera

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,265

He is going to wear the Rossoneri shirt, isn't he? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Blog: The Becks trade

The news that Milan have secured David Beckham's services has been met with widespread enthusiasm, but Paul Watson offers some words of warning

(IMG:http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/blogs/galliani460.jpg)

Within 24 hours, a wild rumour had become widely accepted as fact - Beckham is on his way to Milan. On the surface, it seems to be a win-win situation. The ex-Manchester United star will finally realise his dream of wearing the Rossoneri shirt and can keep in shape for his England commitments while the Diavolo have added an extra weapon for three months without having to write a cheque.

However, I couldn't help but feel uneasy as Adriano Galliani proudly announced his latest swoop. Maybe it was because the shiny-headed transfer guru described Milan as a “product”, maybe it was because he sounded more concerned with whether Beckham would put bums on seats than whether the 33-year-old could still play. Whatever it was, the whole deal just didn't sit right.

The major worry is that the Rossoneri are in danger of becoming the San Siro State Circus. Like a mad professor, Galliani seems determined to collect football's most recognisable faces, regardless of their current condition. If Ronaldinho was a gamble, Andriy Shevchenko was shameless nostalgia and Beckham seems to be one for the sticker album.

While Serie A may regain the world's gaze with Beckham on board, the viewers will be tuning in for the wrong reasons. English, German and Spanish fans may watch, but they will do so with a slight smirk on their faces. Surely it would be much better for Milan to be seen as a hotbed of fresh talent rather than a retirement home?

Instead, the likes of Alberto Paloschi and Yoann Gourcuff have already had to leave to play their football elsewhere and the presence of Beckham will see still more fledgling starlets pushed further into the periphery - it's a trade-off the outgoing world champions can't afford to make if they want a successful future.

Milan may not have to pay a penny for Beckham, but when young talent is pushed deeper into the closet there's no such thing as a free transfer.

Channel4
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Rivaldo
post Oct 23 2008, 05:55 PM
Post #2

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 1,063

It is a bit early to say 'Becks-Rossoneri' I think.

+Quote Post

dst
post Oct 23 2008, 06:30 PM
Post #3

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

Until Becks proves me wrong, this is the most shameless deal ever.

+Quote Post

jorgejesus
post Oct 23 2008, 07:08 PM
Post #4

Pulcini 99

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 4,026

Beckham no debería ir al MILAN.....ya está viejo y lo que falta es sangre nueva

+Quote Post

dst
post Oct 23 2008, 07:29 PM
Post #5

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

QUOTE (jorgejesus @ Oct 23 2008, 09:08 PM) *
Beckham no debería ir al MILAN.....ya está viejo y lo que falta es sangre nueva

WOW! A ****ing good translation for this from google

Beckham should not go to Milan ..... is already old and new blood is missing

And yeah, I agree.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Oct 23 2008, 08:04 PM
Post #6

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

Moving this to the transfers section until it really is official.

(Fishdoll has grounded me because I've been naughty - it's all MizNelson's fault - but I'm able to sneak to the computer now and then. A cookie to Trini for noticing.(IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) )

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Oct 23 2008, 09:40 PM
Post #7

CrAzY EyeS

Member No.: 3,723

QUOTE (Tennie @ Oct 23 2008, 03:04 PM) *
Moving this to the transfers section until it really is official.

(Fishdoll has grounded me because I've been naughty - it's all MizNelson's fault - but I'm able to sneak to the computer now and then. A cookie to Trini for noticing.(IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) )

Reciever of the first cookie since the return! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) Woohoo

+Quote Post

Rivaldo
post Oct 24 2008, 05:42 PM
Post #8

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 1,063

We just earn money by Becks loan I think

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Oct 24 2008, 05:57 PM
Post #9

CrAzY EyeS

Member No.: 3,723

Blog: Welcome Beck
Milan claim they’ll sign David Beckham in January. Antonio Labbate reveals why Serie A should greet the Englishman with open arms

David Beckham is seemingly on his way to Milan. That’s the big news from Italy today after the club’s resident Doctor Evil, Adriano Galliani, raised his little finger to his mouth and announced that the England international would, in all likelihood, wear the Rossoneri jersey from January onwards. Altogether now, in your best Austin Powers voice: “That’s groovy baby!”

No matter which club touches your heart or whatever your opinions of David Beckham the man and the footballer are, Serie A fans in Italy and in this country should be rejoicing. In one swoop, the San Siro giants will have raised the profile of the Italian game to a level arguably not seen since the glorious 1990s.

As a PR exercise, there’s not that much wrong with luring the one-man marketing machine to the fashion capital of Europe. “We got 65,000 fans at the weekend for the Sampdoria game,” noted Galliani. “Milan is a product that people like and Beckham will see that number increase, not decrease.”

Adidas too, sponsors of Milan and Beckham, will be smiling widely this afternoon. And what about those British TV executives who snubbed the chance to secure Serie A rights despite the arrivals of Jose Mourinho and Ronaldinho? Perhaps the fragrance of Beckham will see them suddenly find the cash and the room in their schedules to give back the game that many fans on these shores lost over the summer.

On the footballing side of things, questions will inevitably be asked about the validity of such a switch. It would have undoubtedly made more sense for both parties if Beckham opted for Milan instead of LA in 2007, but it might just be a case of better late than never.

Milan’s mission to construct a living Hall of Fame may seem more like a corridor of uncertainty to some, but they have little to lose in this deal. Initial reports suggest that the club would get the 33-year-old for nothing which makes this swoop totally different from the Ronaldinho one. ‘Dinho, a player Milan didn’t need, cost around £18m. Beckham won’t.

Public opinion over his actual ability as a footballer continues to be split with some claiming he’s a myth, some a legend. I just believe that the guy knows what to do with a football and he’s humble and serious enough to accept a substitutes role, one which Fabio Capello seems to be carving out for him on the international stage. Carlo Ancelotti would do well to follow his lead.

Channel4 [atricle] ^

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Oct 24 2008, 09:29 PM
Post #10

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,660

to sell shirts nothing more. Then we sign a big name defender in the summer.

+Quote Post

PatitoFeo
post Oct 28 2008, 01:16 AM
Post #11

Pulcini Provinciali 98

Member No.: 4,159

Becks is still dangerous on setpieces, a very important skill in Serie A matches. Also, given the possession and methodical pace of Serie A, his lack of footspeed may not be as much of a problem.

Beckhm aun sabe lanzar la pelota a balon parado, algo re codiciado en la Serie A. Tambien en Italia el ritmo de juego es un poco mas lento, asi k su falta de rapidez no deberia ser un problema grande.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Oct 30 2008, 07:14 PM
Post #12

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/puke.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/puke.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/puke.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/puke.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/puke.gif)

UFFICIALE: DAVID BECKHAM IN PRESTITO AL MILAN!
30/10/2008
MILANO - L'A.C.Milan comunica l'arrivo in prestito nella squadra rossonera del calciatore David Beckham. Accordo raggiunto e ufficiale: il campione inglese sarà rossonero a partire dal 7 Gennaio 2009, giorno di apertura delle liste.

[AC Milan announces the arrival on loan of David Beckham. The agreement is official: the English champion will be a rossonero starting on 7 January 2009, when the transfer window officially opens.]

There's no mention of how long the transfer's for.

Also... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) Now I have to go find a Chiellini jersey for Fishdoll. He's going on strike for the duration of Beckham's stay at Milan.

+Quote Post

mishie
post Oct 30 2008, 07:42 PM
Post #13

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,072

QUOTE (Tennie @ Oct 30 2008, 06:14 PM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/puke.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/puke.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/puke.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/puke.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/puke.gif)

UFFICIALE: DAVID BECKHAM IN PRESTITO AL MILAN!
30/10/2008
MILANO - L'A.C.Milan comunica l'arrivo in prestito nella squadra rossonera del calciatore David Beckham. Accordo raggiunto e ufficiale: il campione inglese sarà rossonero a partire dal 7 Gennaio 2009, giorno di apertura delle liste.

[AC Milan announces the arrival on loan of David Beckham. The agreement is official: the English champion will be a rossonero starting on 7 January 2009, when the transfer window officially opens.]

There's no mention of how long the transfer's for.

Also... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) Now I have to go find a Chiellini jersey for Fishdoll. He's going on strike for the duration of Beckham's stay at Milan.

should be until march when the MLS season restarts

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post Oct 30 2008, 07:53 PM
Post #14

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,873

QUOTE (mishie @ Oct 30 2008, 06:42 PM) *

gallaini said there is a chance of till end of season

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Oct 30 2008, 08:03 PM
Post #15

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (mishie @ Oct 30 2008, 11:12 PM) *

But how? as it was mentioned before, the summer transfer season starts around July [I don't know exactly when!]. how can Beckham leave Milan and return to Galaxy in the middle of the season? I think he will be with us until the very last day of our season.

+Quote Post

21 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:56 AM