> El Shaarawy, Stephan El Shaarawy

acid911
post Jul 15 2015, 11:22 PM
Post #391

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 16 2015, 04:18 AM) *
I wish him well, and hope he has a good career over there, but he could have stayed five more years at Milan and never delivered.

Shush now, Danny, he might actually come back. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) Possibilities!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

William405
post Jul 16 2015, 07:36 AM
Post #392

Allievi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 7,239

QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 16 2015, 01:18 AM) *
A lot of innaccuracies there tbh.

He didn't explode in 2012/2013, he had a good August to November. He didn't carry the team because our results were diabolical - to carry a team is to credit one player with getting the most out of the rest. He simply stood out as the one bright spot, given there was no expectation on him. Thereafter, there was, and he couldn't live up to it.

He was complete rubbish from about December that year onwards, and has barely had an ounce of form since.

As for pace - where does this myth come from? He's far from quick - above average pace but no more.

He'll suit France though - I think he'll do well in the less pressured environment of Ligue 1 - France love their football but not like Italy. It never got into French blood the way Italians live for football.

I wish him well, and hope he has a good career over there, but he could have stayed five more years at Milan and never delivered.

And, I agree with all of this. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

The part about "he could've stayed for five more years at Milan and never delivered", well that depends. It seems one of the main reasons he left was that he wasn't in Miha's project. He wanted to shift his role, play him in midfield..a position we all agree is not optimal for him.

Just the only difference I won't proclaim him a failure just because he didn't work out in this MESSED(I had another word on my mind:P) up Milan team.

This post has been edited by William405: Jul 16 2015, 07:36 AM

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 16 2015, 09:18 AM
Post #393

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

The problem with SES is that he was never a winger.

His pace is the only reason why he was even used there to begin with. However the fact that his dribbling is sub-par is why his longevity in that position was non-existent.

That first season he took most teams by surprise in that position, but they easily found a way to nullify him and isolate him wide on the wing. The terrible midfield he had behind him certainly didn't help in that respect.

Problem is, he was never really used in his proper position upfront.

Monaco will most likely also use him as a winger, but defences in the French league won't pose the same problems for him that Serie A defenders did.

Also, saying someone was a complete failure in the 4 years or so is a major overstatement.

His 1st year Zlatan was still here and he was just the kid brought on from a Serie B side. So most of that season was spent on the bench

His 2nd season he was one of the very few players who actually performed and his goals were crucial to us getting important points which in the end got us that 3rd place finish

His 3rd and 4th season was spent out injured with some sporadic showings where he couldn't amass a decent run of consecutive games

+Quote Post

William405
post Jul 16 2015, 12:02 PM
Post #394

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 16 2015, 11:18 AM) *
The problem with SES is that he was never a winger.

His pace is the only reason why he was even used there to begin with. However the fact that his dribbling is sub-par is why his longevity in that position was non-existent.

That first season he took most teams by surprise in that position, but they easily found a way to nullify him and isolate him wide on the wing. The terrible midfield he had behind him certainly didn't help in that respect.

Problem is, he was never really used in his proper position upfront.

Monaco will most likely also use him as a winger, but defences in the French league won't pose the same problems for him that Serie A defenders did.

Also, saying someone was a complete failure in the 4 years or so is a major overstatement.

His 1st year Zlatan was still here and he was just the kid brought on from a Serie B side. So most of that season was spent on the bench

His 2nd season he was one of the very few players who actually performed and his goals were crucial to us getting important points which in the end got us that 3rd place finish

His 3rd and 4th season was spent out injured with some sporadic showings where he couldn't amass a decent run of consecutive games

Agreed with all points. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jul 16 2015, 12:17 PM
Post #395

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Half a season of good football in 4 years isn't that far from failure to be honest.

And I think your winger argument is shaky. All coaches used him on that position and now you say Monaco will do the same. Never even once have I read SES complained or told his being played out of his preferred position. Mihajlović wanted him in the di Maria position - meaning he also considered him as a winger who can evolve. I don't see how there can be any further discussion on his position.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 16 2015, 02:41 PM
Post #396

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 16 2015, 12:17 PM) *
Half a season of good football in 4 years isn't that far from failure to be honest.

And I think your winger argument is shaky. All coaches used him on that position and now you say Monaco will do the same. Never even once have I read SES complained or told his being played out of his preferred position. Mihajlović wanted him in the di Maria position - meaning he also considered him as a winger who can evolve. I don't see how there can be any further discussion on his position.

He doesn't have the dribbling, passing or vision that's needed to be a proper winger

For me SES is a striker, he's got great positioning and finishing abilities.

Also, he wasn't used as a winger at Padova, he played as their SS or AM. He was also used as a second striker his first season with us

Like I said, Allegri played him on the wing because of his speed and because we couldn't function in a 4-3-1-2 anymore once there was no more Ibra to rely on. Once he had those great few months on the wing he instantly because considered a winger and nothing else.

It's just my opinion that he's simply not one because he doesn't have the attributes that I would associate with wingers, especially for one who plays an inverted role and his job isn't just to run to the by-line and cross

Also, the point here is that he only really had 2 full seasons where he was fit and capable of playing consistently. The other 2 he was practically out for the majority of both

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jul 16 2015, 07:25 PM
Post #397

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

SES = the new Milanfan Muntari.

Match threads will quickly get derailed with 'SES would have helped there' or 'we miss SES'.

+Quote Post

milanbuf88
post Jul 16 2015, 07:32 PM
Post #398

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,674

QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 16 2015, 03:25 PM) *

Match threads will quickly get derailed with 'SES would have helped there' or 'we miss SES'.

I highly doubt that. We do need a new scapegoat though. What will do without Muntari and Bonera?! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

William405
post Jul 16 2015, 08:35 PM
Post #399

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 16 2015, 09:25 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

acid911
post Jul 17 2015, 12:07 AM
Post #400

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Jul 17 2015, 12:32 AM) *
I highly doubt that. We do need a new scapegoat though. What will do without Muntari and Bonera?!

Oh Bonera! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) Jolly glad we got rid of that old chap. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) Thought we'd be stuck with him forever. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) As for Muntari, the less said about him the better.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 17 2015, 07:59 AM
Post #401

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 16 2015, 07:25 PM) *

Don't think the situations are comparable.

And if Ibra comes, I doubt you'll be hearing a peep about SES from anyone

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Jul 17 2015, 02:43 PM
Post #402

CrAzY EyeS

Member No.: 3,723

...Past Players

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 17 2015, 03:50 PM
Post #403

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Moved

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jul 17 2015, 07:40 PM
Post #404

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 17 2015, 02:50 PM) *
Moved

I never was by El-Sha, sadly.

+Quote Post

27 Pages V  « < 25 26 27
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 07:05 AM