> General Football Talk, For random debates and articles

Milan Are Brilli...
post May 6 2014, 01:11 PM
Post #811

Berretti
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 90

It would have been enforced harder if the French teams weren't doing it.

Where's that money going to?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

dst
post May 6 2014, 01:44 PM
Post #812

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 6 2014, 11:34 AM) *
Sorry, Man City and PSG have been fined £50m for breaching the FFP rules.

No, I understood that, my comment was meant as "well, what a surprise!"

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 6 2014, 01:44 PM
Post #813

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

I'd say it's an adequate punishment, for now. £50m fine, restricted to register only 21 players in the next CL, salaries cannot be increased. This is the first monitoring period, the punishments weren't going to be super-severe. And no matter how you look at it, £50m is a lot of money, even for City and PSG.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post May 6 2014, 01:53 PM
Post #814

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

It's 0.1% of the owners net worth. It's really not a big deal to City. It would be like me being fined less than 1p.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post May 6 2014, 02:00 PM
Post #815

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

If I'm not wrong the fine is not to the owners but to the club. So theoretically doesn't this impact on their balance sheet as an expense? Doesn't it further squeeze them for the next year budget-wise.

Finally, as an initial rap on the knuckles, this is good enough since it comes with other sanctions as well. Imagine if we got a 50 million fine! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post May 6 2014, 02:42 PM
Post #816

Prima Squadra

The none-fine punishments might actually hurt them. Having a squad of 21 with also having to have 8 home grown might make it difficult, that's only 13 none-home grown players.

This season for City, for example, they have: Pantilimon, Zabaletta, Kompany, Demichelis, Nastasic, Clichy, Kolorov, Javi Garcia, Fernandinho, Toure, Nasri, Silva, Navas, Negredo, Aguero, Dzeko, Jovetic - that's 17 players.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post May 6 2014, 03:09 PM
Post #817

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

But kurt, 0.1% of a persons networth does not mean the person wants to shoulder the liability by himself. That 50M will hit City's bottom line and not the owner.

The owner in this case is not allowed to put in 50M from his own pocket to cover the fine, City's operating income will suffer as a concequence and hence put a dent in their cash flow.

50M is a lot of money, teams could go bankrupt if fined such amounts.

Going forward, next years revision, if no improvement is shown by the fined clubs stricter punishments will come about.

This post has been edited by Rossoneri7: May 6 2014, 03:11 PM

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jun 18 2014, 06:55 PM
Post #818

Came across this recently:

South Korea World Cup hero Ahn Jung-Hwan recalls racist slurs during time with Perugia in Italy

In an interview on a South Korean television talk show Tuesday night, Ahn, 36, alleged that Perugia's then skipper Materazzi had been particularly intimidating.

"He barged into the locker room one day and barked at me in front of everyone, saying that I reeked of garlic," Ahn said.

"I didn't understand what he was saying but the translator, who was also a Korean, blushed and, at first, was too embarrassed to translate the remarks," he added.

Ahn's wife, a former Miss Korea beauty queen, told the same talk show that her husband was so intimidated that he stopped eating garlic-heavy Korean food.

Materazzi is no stranger to controversy.

Notoriously, taunting by the defender provoked a head-butt from French star Zinedine Zidane on him during the 2006 World Cup final, which resulted in a red card for Zidane before Italy went on to lift the title.

Ahn joined AC Perugia in 2000, but the move was not a happy one and ended in controversy.

After Ahn scored the golden goal against Italy that put South Korea through to the quarter-finals of the 2002 World Cup, Perugia owner Luciano Gaucci cancelled his contract.

Gaucci was quoted as saying he had "no intention of paying a salary to someone who has ruined Italian football".

Ahn said he had always been treated as "an outcast" by other players in the Italian club side.

"They seldom passed the ball to me in front of goal, even if they had no way for themselves to score," he said.

After leaving Italy, Ahn went on to play in Japan, France, Germany, South Korea and China. He retired in January last year.

Link

Further proof that Materazzi is human scum.

+Quote Post

dst
post Jun 19 2014, 05:58 PM
Post #819

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

That's nothing really. How is that racist? Even if he didn't smell like garlic, and I have no reason to presume either way, that's not a race issue.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jun 19 2014, 06:07 PM
Post #820

QUOTE (dst @ Jun 19 2014, 05:58 PM) *
That's nothing really. How is that racist? Even if he didn't smell like garlic, and I have no reason to presume either way, that's not a race issue.

Does it matter? End line is: Materazzi is an a-hole. He kept mocking the poor guy, and was the main instigator in Ahn's outcasting from the rest of the team.

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Jun 30 2014, 01:45 PM
Post #821

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 12,353

QUOTE (dst @ Jun 19 2014, 06:58 PM) *

Actually it is a racial slur used against Koreans. And Materazzi is scumbag.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 30 2014, 02:03 PM
Post #822

Prima Squadra

People who say things like that are assholes. People who get offended by that need to grow the F up and get over themselves. What next? Me, Ash and Danny take han to court because he's called British people "lobsters" that he's seen holidaying, and getting sunburned, in Malta? That's mocking our skin, han, you racist. I'm calling the internet police!

Some words obviously have some serious historical connotations and that's different. But Christ all of this race card **** is getting annoying.

This post has been edited by kurtsimonw: Jun 30 2014, 02:08 PM

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jun 30 2014, 02:13 PM
Post #823

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

My questioning Pato and Suarez' psychological stability was offensive, lobster is apparently offensive, garlic is offensive to Koreans now.

I have to admit this world has not adapted well to the varied use of language, and everything and anything that could be deemed derogatory is, whether it really was or not.

PC is excessive, and the world is just too sensitive now.

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Jun 30 2014, 02:19 PM
Post #824

CrAzY EyeS

Member No.: 3,723

<random>

Is anyone one on here a member at:
http://www.soccershouts.com/

...previously Soccer Pulse (if I'm not mistaken - at least so I was told)

</random>

I just signed up with my same username, but I'm yet to navigate around as yet.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 30 2014, 02:22 PM
Post #825

Prima Squadra

I used to use soccerpulse for a lot of football videos, was a shame when it went down, thanks for posting about this new one.

+Quote Post

60 Pages V  « < 53 54 55 56 57 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:34 PM