Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pippo eyes Boca rematch

Rossoneri7
post Jun 23 2007, 04:03 AM
Post #1

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

After taking his revenge on Liverpool, Pippo Inzaghi hopes he can bring the hammer down on Boca Juniors in the World Club Cup.

“I would love to meet them again, just like we did with Liverpool,” smiled the striker. “I hope that destiny brings us together once more.”

Milan were hurt badly by the Champions League penalties loss in 2005, but a brace from Inzaghi took back the trophy in Athens against the Reds.

They are also still smarting from their last trip to Japan for the Intercontinental contest, when they lost the 2003 Final to Boca Juniors after another shootout.

The Argentines have won the Copa Libertadores, crushing Gremio 5-0 on aggregate, and are also heading for the World Club Cup in December.

“To be crowned world champions would be a great achievement for this wonderful squad,” added Inzaghi.

Before that the Rossoneri will launch a new assault on the Scudetto with the Calciopoli penalties expired and Juventus back in the fray.

“Inter are the reigning champions and are physically very strong. They are the team to beat. We have a solid team and five trophies to aim for. To repeat this season plus the Intercontinental Cup wouldn’t be bad…”

Milan will be in contention for Serie A, the Champions League, Coppa Italia, European Super Cup against Sevilla in August and the World Club Cup.

“Juve are always going to take centre stage and that is only right considering their prestigious history," (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/king.gif)   added the former Bianconeri hitman.

"They have made some good signings like Vincenzo Iaquinta, Tiago Mendes and Sergio Almiron, while Claudio Ranieri is an excellent Coach. It will be great facing them again.”

Football Italia
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 23 2007, 04:13 AM
Post #2

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

I don't think Boca will be too much trouble for us (least not the other teams). Battaglia is the only player I really like out of the team, I don't see anybody else as MUCH of a threat.

It will be nice to have Juve back, I missed not having the games this past season. Let's hope they're both doubley great next season.

This post has been edited by kurtsimonw: Jun 23 2007, 04:16 AM

+Quote Post

pacang
post Jun 23 2007, 12:36 PM
Post #3

Esordienti B 96

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,171

r u serious? saw their game against Gremio..

they have pace.. i mean serious pace.. we'll win but it will be a tight match

+Quote Post

Portman
post Jun 23 2007, 12:49 PM
Post #4

Berretti

Member No.: 347

Boca without Riquelme (next December) will be sh!t.

Riquelme is like 90% of their team. Amazing player. Would be a shame if he joined Inter, although I think that's gonna happen. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 23 2007, 04:06 PM
Post #5

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (pacang @ Jun 23 2007, 11:36 AM)
r u serious? saw their game against Gremio..

they have pace.. i mean serious pace.. we'll win but it will be a tight match

Have you ever seen Villa play? Some of the guys we have are the quickest in the EPL, do we do well?

Boca are decent enough, but defensively they're a joke for me, we'll have no troubles. Just wait and see. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:20 PM