Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ‘Allegri not Milan’s problem’

Nova
post Nov 5 2013, 10:58 AM
Post #31

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 34

The former Juventus director feels that the Rossoneri no longer have the necessary quality to get the best out of their star forward

Luciano Moggi has claimed that AC Milan is no longer the right club for Mario Balotelli.

With the Rossoneri enduring a difficult start to the Serie A season, the Italy international has cut an increasingly frustrated figure in recent weeks.

There has been much speculation about his mental state, not to mention his future at San Siro, and Moggi admitted that he would not be surprised to see Balotelli leave sooner rather than later.

"In recent times, he's been bad," the former Juventus director told Falla Girare. "He's always waiting for the ball on his feet, from a standing start, it nearly seems like he's playing on his own.

"In my opinion, Milan is no longer the squad most suited to him. Now they're not even a team. They bought trequartisti when they needed attackers."

Indeed, Moggi says Milan are currently paying the price for a disastrous recruitment policy and intimated that it is not coach Massimiliano Allegri who should be in danger of losing his job because of their poor form, but CEO Adriano Galliani.

"It's not [Allegri] who should be sacked, but those who have given him that squad," he reasoned.

Turning his attention to his former club, Moggi claimed that Juventus have nothing to fear ahead of Tuesday's must-win Champions League clash with Real Madrid in Turin.

"I see it going well for Juve because the Spaniards concede so many goals," he opined.

"They must be quick because Real struggle at the back, even if they do score a lot in attack."

The Bianconeri are in dire need of a victory over los Blancos, having been beaten at the Santiago Bernabeu last time out after drawing their opening two games in Group B, against Copenhagen and Galatasaray.

Source : Goal.com

Hearing the truth from a rat like him is painfull...

This post has been edited by Nova: Nov 5 2013, 11:00 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Nova
post Nov 5 2013, 11:04 AM
Post #32

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 5 2013, 12:54 AM) *
If a team underperforms, which translates into the players underperforming, then it's simply the coach's fault. It can't be seen any other way.

It can be seen any other way and it would be nice if you stop forcing your oppinion as the absolute truth mate. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/goodheart.gif)

This post has been edited by Nova: Nov 5 2013, 11:05 AM

+Quote Post

Nova
post Nov 5 2013, 11:23 AM
Post #33

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Milan are AWOL

The worst thing about the Rossoneri right now is not the results, but the performances and mentality, argues Susy Campanale.

There’s no point denying that Milan are in absolute crisis now and facing Barcelona on Wednesday it’s not likely to get any better. A weakened Fiorentina without Juan Guillermo Cuadrado, Mario Gomez and David Pizarro didn’t have to get out of second gear to win 2-0 at San Siro, mainly because the Rossoneri are reduced to either first gear or reverse. They trundle along for 90 minutes and fans wait for the moment they step up the pace to change things around. If it does happen, it is rapidly followed by a defensive disaster.

The calls are out for Massimiliano Allegri to be fired, though I’m not sure what good it would do with the options available. It is true that the team is playing absolutely terrible football and the squad don’t appear to know what they’re supposed to be doing. With Roma, Napoli, Fiorentina and Inter you get the sense these players have a specific plan they worked out in training and know where they are supposed to be at any given moment. Milan’s plan seems to be ‘give the ball to Kaka and Mario Balotelli, then hope for the best.’ It worked in the second half of last season, but SuperMario is now in a permanent sulk between pointless bookings and increasingly embarrassing attempts to win a penalty. Mollycoddling him is just encouraging this self-destructive petulance.

Not only are the Rossoneri not organised, but they have no spark either. Taking the initiative should mean more than running aimlessly at a wall of players or shooting from midfield. Someone also needs to appoint themselves Wall Monitor, because it’s ridiculous that a top flight team doesn’t know how to stand in a line properly. Milan were always bad at defending from set plays, but this isn’t marking we’re talking about – it’s the ability to stand in a spot and not move. Instead of releasing statements on how a free kick was not in the right position or telling Riccardo Montolivo he should argue with the referee more, how about focusing on some of the football school basics?

The real issue with Milan seems to be psychological, as they suffer from crippling arrogance. Have you noticed the only decent performances they have put in this season were when the Rossoneri were considered underdogs? Started strong against Juventus only to fall away, held Barcelona to a draw and attacked Udinese despite an injury crisis. When on paper the stronger team, they just assume they’ll score at some point and don’t push the issue until time is running out.

Allegri said this week Milan “can’t rest on our laurels,” but that’s precisely the problem. They have no laurels. What this team is resting on is a cold, hard floor with the shrivelled remains of laurels. The sooner they get that into their heads, the better, because time is running out.

Source ; Football-Italia

This post has been edited by Nova: Nov 5 2013, 11:25 AM

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 5 2013, 12:07 PM
Post #34

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Nova @ Nov 5 2013, 10:40 AM) *
You cant motivate an average player into a world class player.

We do not have a team full of average or cr@p players as you are implying, we have a team that has great players, good players, some average ones and sure some mediocre ones. Napoli have the same mix, same goes for Roma. It's just ridiculous that anyone would try to say that our current position is what they expect. NO FFS! We do not have a squad that should be fighting to stay out of the drop zone.

No matter how anyone tries to spin it, the fact that we are where we are is down to Allegri. And yes you can motivate and discipline your side into playing great as a unit, that's what great coaches do. Our team even with some average coach should be able to be in and around 3rd place right now.

I mentioned Verona to you in another thread but you didn't give me a reply, if your theory was correct then how come they're in 4th place right now? While we're the ones playing like a side that's just been promoted?

The team right now is undisciplined, tactically misguided, un-unified, unmotivated and completely confused as to what their roles in this side is. They have given up on themselves. This is all down to the coach, because there should be no excuses regarding the quality of players we have when we can't bring back 3 points from away games at Bologna, Torino, etc.

Changing coach right now will fix pretty much all the problems we have on the pitch. Problems of a financial nature are something different, but as long as Silvio is owner of Milan we're not going to be buying top class, ready made stars anymore, complaining about that is useless.

Roma SOLD their best players this summer, they just made smart and cheap moves in the market, they ended the transfer market with profits.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 5 2013, 12:10 PM
Post #35

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Also the articles you posted clearly show that some of those people are speaking out of their @sses and only see the results rather than the performances that go along with them.

Moggi FFS? No we did not need any more f@cking strikers. We're up to our noses in strikers, we've been desperate to get a proper trequartista in since we sold Kaka, now we're getting 2 quality ones this season.

And Allegri himself was the one who wanted Matri! He could have asked for a CM, or a CB, or a proper winger since he's obsessed with playing a wide 4-3-3, but no, he asked for Matri. Yes Galliani should be fired, but that's because he listened to this idiot instead of doing what he usually does when coaches make requests, which is to ignore them

I can quote you a million different opinions from fans who actually watch Milan week in week out and none of them even mention the fact that we can't buy top stars anymore. None of the Serie A teams can do that anymore, Rino needs to check how Roma went about their business this summer, same goes with Juve. Only Napoli spent huge sums and that's not something that's sustainable for them

+Quote Post

Nova
post Nov 5 2013, 01:56 PM
Post #36

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 5 2013, 02:10 PM) *
Also the articles you posted clearly show that some of those people are speaking out of their @sses and only see the results rather than the performances that go along with them.

Moggi FFS? No we did not need any more f@cking strikers. We're up to our noses in strikers, we've been desperate to get a proper trequartista in since we sold Kaka, now we're getting 2 quality ones this season.

And Allegri himself was the one who wanted Matri! He could have asked for a CM, or a CB, or a proper winger since he's obsessed with playing a wide 4-3-3, but no, he asked for Matri. Yes Galliani should be fired, but that's because he listened to this idiot instead of doing what he usually does when coaches make requests, which is to ignore them

I can quote you a million different opinions from fans who actually watch Milan week in week out and none of them even mention the fact that we can't buy top stars anymore. None of the Serie A teams can do that anymore, Rino needs to check how Roma went about their business this summer, same goes with Juve. Only Napoli spent huge sums and that's not something that's sustainable for them

And I can quote you a million too Han. What makes you think you are right ? Because your posts are agreed by the same members every time ? Most of the post are really childish and rude, i mean come on .... He won the scudetto with Milan : ohh thats because he had Ibra. Thats really childish to think that you become champions just because you had Ibra alone and even more if you think we are in this mess because Allegri alone. You belittle the things milan won with him and completely trash him fornthe things milan are losing.

I would like that my view is respected as much as I respect yours and others. Me not agreeing with you or others about Allegri should not result in suggestions that I dont know what I'm talking about.

Those reports I posted is me trying to brake the anti Allegri spell around here and to show not everybody agrees with you , as much as lots of people dont agree with me either.

Besides , I never said I was a fan of Allegri, but to blame him for everything thats going wrong constantly every single minute the whole time ? We know you dont like him , let it go allready (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

I remember the days I was in the minorty defending Carlo ancelotti ... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

This post has been edited by Nova: Nov 5 2013, 02:04 PM

+Quote Post

Nova
post Nov 5 2013, 01:58 PM
Post #37

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 5 2013, 02:10 PM) *

You really think that ? I think everybody who doesnt agree with you is talking out of their @sses apparently.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 5 2013, 02:10 PM
Post #38

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Nova @ Nov 5 2013, 01:56 PM) *
And I can quote you a million too Han. What makes you think you are right ? Because your posts are agreed by the same members every time ? Most of the post are really childish , i mean come on .... He won the scudetto with Milan : ohh thats because he had Ibra. Thats really childish to think that you become champions just because you had Ibra alone and even more if you think we are in this mess because Allegri alone. You belittle the things milan won with him and completely trash him fornthe things milan are losing.

I would like that my view is respected as much as I respect yours and others. Me not agreeing with you or others about Allegri should not result in suggestions that I dont know what I'm talking about.

Those reports I posted is me trying to brake the anti Allegri spell around here and to show not everybody agrees with you , as much as lots of people dont agree with me either.

I remember the days I was in the minorty defending Carlo ancelotti ... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

First off, I wasn't disrespecting your opinion but of the people talking in the articles who clearly do not watch Milan on a regular basis. Hopefully that's cleared up, I respect your opinion whole heartedly, but I just disagree with it whole heartedly as well.

And outsiders can talk all they want about Milan but fans who watch this team regularly do think it's Allegri, you and kurt are the odd ones out on this forum, I'm sure there are a couple who have the same opinion on other forums/blogs/etc but those are a very distinct minority of people.

NO ONE ever said that we have a top class side or that we should be winning the Scudetto and CL, I mean expecting that from any coach with this team that we have would be the thing that's childish. But there is no way that this squad we have which has some very talented players, as well as some very good if not great established players should be under performing to the degree that it is. And I hope you can see my point in this, because keeping on about how you don't expect anything more from this side is just a bunch of bull, I'm sorry, but that is the truth because with the quality in this side we should not be a few points above the relegation zone.

The things Milan won with him? You mean the Scudetto where out entire game plan centred around throwing the long ball at Ibra and hoping for the best, because that is what that Scudetto win was all about, trying to deny this would convince me that you have on some spectacular rose tinted glasses on atm. Because that's the whole point, our performances, even then when we had the star players, best in their position players, we still played like we do now, only the results came because there was someone who made the difference from us looking like a mid-table side (as we do now) to us getting results (as we were doing back then). Second season was a huge mess, best squad in the league by a distance and still manage to get the Scudetto taken right out from under him by a Juve who had previously finished 7th, but what was the big difference with Juve? They had a proper tactician and man manager who turned a bunch of individual players into an amazingly strong unit.

No we do not have the best team, and I'm repeating that to show you that I agree with you (TO AN EXTENT), but it is not a team that should be languishing where it is in that table. It is a team, that on paper is still one of the best in the league along with Napoli and Juve. So there should be no excuses as to why we cannot even get 3 points against mid to bottom table sides.

+Quote Post

Nova
post Nov 5 2013, 02:16 PM
Post #39

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 5 2013, 04:10 PM) *
First off, I wasn't disrespecting your opinion but of the people talking in the articles who clearly do not watch Milan on a regular basis. Hopefully that's cleared up, I respect your opinion whole heartedly, but I just disagree with it whole heartedly as well.

And outsiders can talk all they want about Milan but fans who watch this team regularly do think it's Allegri, you and kurt are the odd ones out on this forum, I'm sure there are a couple who have the same opinion on other forums/blogs/etc but those are a very distinct minority of people.

NO ONE ever said that we have a top class side or that we should be winning the Scudetto and CL, I mean expecting that from any coach with this team that we have would be the thing that's childish. But there is no way that this squad we have which has some very talented players, as well as some very good if not great established players should be under performing to the degree that it is. And I hope you can see my point in this, because keeping on about how you don't expect anything more from this side is just a bunch of bull, I'm sorry, but that is the truth because with the quality in this side we should not be a few points above the relegation zone.

The things Milan won with him? You mean the Scudetto where out entire game plan centred around throwing the long ball at Ibra and hoping for the best, because that is what that Scudetto win was all about, trying to deny this would convince me that you have on some spectacular rose tinted glasses on atm. Because that's the whole point, our performances, even then when we had the star players, best in their position players, we still played like we do now, only the results came because there was someone who made the difference from us looking like a mid-table side (as we do now) to us getting results (as we were doing back then). Second season was a huge mess, best squad in the league by a distance and still manage to get the Scudetto taken right out from under him by a Juve who had previously finished 7th, but what was the big difference with Juve? They had a proper tactician and man manager who turned a bunch of individual players into an amazingly strong unit.

No we do not have the best team, and I'm repeating that to show you that I agree with you (TO AN EXTENT), but it is not a team that should be languishing where it is in that table. It is a team, that on paper is still one of the best in the league along with Napoli and Juve. So there should be no excuses as to why we cannot even get 3 points against mid to bottom table sides.

Since parts from what I'm saying is appartly bull I'm not commenting on this anymore.

But do get this into your head , If you EVER bash the players instead of our next coach I'm gonna hunt you down, copy/paste style . (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 5 2013, 02:23 PM
Post #40

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Nova @ Nov 5 2013, 02:16 PM) *
Since parts from what I'm saying is appartly bull I'm not commenting on this anymore.

But do get this into your head , If you EVER bash the players instead of our next coach I'm gonna hunt you down, copy/paste style . (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

So you think that our current position in the table, with the players we have is correct? Because if you do then I don't know what else I'd have to say to you at this point. Because if you do think that is correct, I'm sorry but I think that's bull. There's respecting an opinion and then there's going above and beyond to try to prove your point

I can assure you, the only players on our current roster that I don't think are worthy of being on this team are only a handful, I absolutely cannot stand them, and even more so, Allegri decides that benching a talent like Poli to accommodate a mediocre player like Muntari is the best way to go. This should tell you enough about our coach. Add to that his new fascination with Birsa, his insistence on still using Constant as a LB even though he has been an absolute defensive nightmare this season are all parts of the reason for why we are where we currently are in that table, not to mention there is no motivation or tactical discipline in this side

As you can see, we have multiple options in this squad, the mediocre players could easily be left out. Muntari, Birsa, Constant, Zaccardo, Bonera, Matri, and Niang are all players that have no business playing in this side, yet not only are they in it but Allegri chooses to bench better options to accommodate these players.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 5 2013, 03:11 PM
Post #41

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Nova @ Nov 5 2013, 01:04 PM) *
It can be seen any other way and it would be nice if you stop forcing your oppinion as the absolute truth mate. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/goodheart.gif)

No-one's doing that, mate.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Nov 5 2013, 03:41 PM
Post #42

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

I don't think anyone's opinion is "bull", however different it might sound. I think we should keep that in mind.

The thing is, we gotta start changing things. Yes, don't have a impeccable roster - in fact, we have many shortcomings. Yes, some players are below what was used to be "Milan standards", other perform constantly under their expectations. And our management isn't helping either. But those things are harder to change then the coach.

And the coach is responsible as well: Milan play badly, not in terms of result, but in terms of philosophy, tactics and system. Earlier we lacked creativity, but this season we have plenty sources which should at least present from time to time a better showing. More importantly, our players don't related with the coach anymore. His decision are arbitrary and happen in the spur of the moment. We're in deep crisis, but his handling of the situation makes this crisis worse rather then better.

So it's only logical to start with changing the coach, and then maintain restructuring via transfer periods and summers. But by God, what do you guys think is necessary to be sacked as Milan coach? Isn't the worst start since the season we got relegated enough? Terim, Tabarez, Leonardo, hell even Zaccheroni got the axe for much less mistakes and poor results.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Nov 5 2013, 03:44 PM
Post #43

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

Well...when one hears statements like 'Cannot be seen any other way', 'It should be obvious to just about anyone with any intelligence.." etc. it does seem like it's being forced. The only thing that's left that can be done on the internet is to call the other person a retard and kick him out of the forum isn't it?

I mean sure the sentences are not offensive and use very parliamentary and decent language, but I think the opinion held about the opposing view is clear.

Allegri is at fault to a large extent. What it proves is that he's clearly an average coach. He wanted to walk away this season, Galliani infused him with some magic potion which gave him the foolish confidence (possibly based on our second half performance last season) that he could actually make lightning strike twice. Big mistake! He should have known he would be in over his head.

Galliani's fault is he left this team without any leaders. It's unusual. A lot of people are on my back about my 'supporting' Galliani but the fact is he isn't useless. Except for Moggi (the rat is probably angling for Fester's job), everyone else speaks well of him as a director. He made a mistake that was completely uncharacteristic of him. He left this team without ANY leaders. I don't know if he overestimated Abbiati, Montolivo and/or Kaka's influence. It was a foolish mistake. It's true his attention was very less on team building. I think what budget we have has gone into financial consolidation. And he's been mostly involved with commercial aspects. Before you decry that, I insist that we have shown amazing progress there. We're sustainable again and I read that we make more commercial revenue than Chelsea. (TV and Stadium is where we lose out)

I don't give a rat's *** about Barbara's storm in a tea cup. I will believe it when I see something happen. Removing Galliani is not easy. You axe someone who has held so much power for nearly 30 years, you axe a pillar and if you think the walls won't tumble you're being silly.

However the rumours are that Galliani will be put in a more restricted role where he has lesser say on players. I think that's stupid. What these morons must do, is make Milan into a position where we can once again negotiate from a position of strength, so that Fester and his Golden Tie can make things happen again.

Also fed up with the Maldini as director of football. You know what would be great? For Silvio to apologize and get Leo back as DoF. We need someone competent in there. Maldini I Love. He should be an ambassador. I would rather see him where he is, than have him take up a huge role with no experience, screw it up and we are forced to think of him as a failure.

DoF? What does he know about player negotiations? About coaching youth teams, or scouting networks? Maybe he does a lot, but you'd still want to ease him into it rather than just handing it over. Let him have the same role that Zidane did at Madrid and then grow into stature.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 5 2013, 03:56 PM
Post #44

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 5 2013, 03:41 PM) *
I don't think anyone's opinion is "bull", however different it might sound. I think we should keep that in mind.

The thing is, we gotta start changing things. Yes, don't have a impeccable roster - in fact, we have many shortcomings. Yes, some players are below what was used to be "Milan standards", other perform constantly under their expectations. And our management isn't helping either. But those things are harder to change then the coach.

And the coach is responsible as well: Milan play badly, not in terms of result, but in terms of philosophy, tactics and system. Earlier we lacked creativity, but this season we have plenty sources which should at least present from time to time a better showing. More importantly, our players don't related with the coach anymore. His decision are arbitrary and happen in the spur of the moment. We're in deep crisis, but his handling of the situation makes this crisis worse rather then better.

So it's only logical to start with changing the coach, and then maintain restructuring via transfer periods and summers. But by God, what do you guys think is necessary to be sacked as Milan coach? Isn't the worst start since the season we got relegated enough? Terim, Tabarez, Leonardo, hell even Zaccheroni got the axe for much less mistakes and poor results.

I think when you go into extremes to try to prove your point it can become bull, we've all been guilty of doing it, me included.

I personally did not use it to insult anyone, certainly not Nova, a poster I respect a lot and one who I've had many agreements during various discussions with, but I just cannot see the validity in an argument where someone would say that he or she expected this, a squad that realistically should be fighting for a CL place only a few points away from the relegation zone.

@ Jack, Galliani is THE biggest person at fault here. We talk about Allegri but who was the one who convinced Silvio that keeping on as we were was a good idea? Who was the one who spent our entire budget on an average league striker because said coach wanted him? And who is responsible for the current financial situation we find ourselves in? A situation which makes buying the type of players Nova is talking about simply impossible

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Nov 5 2013, 04:25 PM
Post #45

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

And who was available at that time to replace Allegri? Who? With a lesser team and with the same ambitions was there any proven coach who would drink from that poisoned chalice?

Benitez before Chelsea maybe. But even with Napoli he came on after he was convinced of a project and good on Aurelio he delivered on his promises.

As for the financial situation, I don't think anyone in the world is capable of forecasting an economic crisis besetting the nation. Or FFP coming into play. I think Serie A has always been a league historically of bankrolled clubs, so to turn around and point fingers at it is just using hindsight to act all clever.

What if Abramovich is accused of a crime and jailed? Are Chelsea automatically stupid and should their DoF be fired coz he couldn't make out a new plan? What if the banks truly go belly up in Spain? Are DoFs of Madrid and Barca stupid and single handedly the reason for the finances?

Before you point to Bayern Munich who are now quite clearly the pinnacle of European football clubs in every way, I'll just let Filippo explain the kind of long transformation that the club went through under Uli Hoeness to reach this stage.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:18 PM