Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Summer Transfers 2019

William405
post Mar 8 2020, 11:17 AM
Post #436

Allievi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 7,239

I don't know if anyone is keeping up with what is happening.

But, Boban is sacked, and Maldini doesn't seem happy about it. Gazidis wants Rangnick at Milan, like X-off said, and this has caused internal conflict with Boban claiming he wasn't informed about that decision.

Once again, chaos in our management. It's a shame as I thought Maldini and Boban would bring stability at least on that front.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Mar 8 2020, 03:32 PM
Post #437

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

Shameful move by Gazidis. You cannot hire a new coach for June and not inform your sporting director about it, when it actuality that's his job. Boban said today that Ragnick has been signed since December.

We're a mess, really. No clear plan, just confusing moves, hiring and sacking people every 6 months.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Mar 8 2020, 03:51 PM
Post #438

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

A complete mess. Elliot has been doing a terrible job.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Mar 8 2020, 04:50 PM
Post #439

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

Literally only just found out about this thanks to the commentary in this match!

This isn't Milan, hasn't been in a long time.

Incredible to say it but the B&G era even by the end was better than this.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 8 2020, 05:20 PM
Post #440

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

I mostly feel sorry about the players and Pioli in this situation.

Gazidis is a little sh!t, I never trusted him and I honestly don't know why Elliot bothered with people like Boban and Maldini, both of whom are head strong individuals that won't just take everything lying down and go along with the hedge fund in whatever they wish to do.

And most of all, I just feel sorry for all of us fans, who continue to hope that there will be a light at the end of this tunnel when obviously there won't be anytime soon, certainly not under this ownership who have made it clear that they see Milan as nothing more than just another venture capital. And a football club can never be such.

If they want Gazidis to run this club as he did Arsenal (which was a failure in and of itself) then we are doomed. At least Arsenal had huge PL money to depend on.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Mar 9 2020, 12:14 PM
Post #441

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Yes, we're doomed.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Mar 9 2020, 03:51 PM
Post #442

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

Silvio put his money, his passion and his vision to make Milan the brand we all came to know and love. FFP ristricted him from doing that and he sold. What we as fans are left with is the memory of Silvio's Milan. This current one is not the same.

Even if Milan is resurrected in 10 years time, it won't be the same.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Mar 10 2020, 01:38 AM
Post #443

The fault of Galliani, and by extension, Berlusconi was the failure to develop a proper business plan when the time allowed for it. It all started with giving fat contracts to ageing players, not properly strengthening the team with new talents every year, and not improving our revenue streams. When FFP came crashing like a rock, we had no escape. It was too late.

Inter suffered, too. Just like us after 2007, they crumbled completely after 2010, and up until two years ago we were both great clubs just by name and nothing else. Luckily for them they found good new owners who know what they're doing. Whereas Silvio sold us to a shady Chinese investor with no money.

Silvio will always remain an icon in Milan history, but it can't be denied that just as he rescued us, he completely ruined us.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Mar 10 2020, 04:28 PM
Post #444

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 10 2020, 01:38 AM) *
Whereas Silvio sold us to a shady Chinese investor with no money.

Silvio will always remain an icon in Milan history, but it can't be denied that just as he rescued us, he completely ruined us.

You're describing, word for word, what happened to Rangers and Sir David Murray.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jun 30 2020, 12:32 PM
Post #445

So, Juve got Arthur for Pjanic. Excellent deal I must say. No idea what they were thinking at Barca.

Also, Inter seems to have almost signed Hakimi from Dortmund for around 40M.

Man, I hate it how now Juve and Inter seem to spend large sums at ease nowadays while we keep scraping for unknown youngsters and cheap options.

Latest names we've been linked with have been T. Silva (who would come for free, but 35 yo), Dumfries RB from PSV, Szoboszlai MF from Salzburg, and Jovic CF from Madrid.

Media has also dropped some unknown names mainly linked with Ragnick's arrival.

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post Jul 8 2020, 10:44 AM
Post #446

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,873

so after yesterday's win we are being linked with Tonali today (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jul 8 2020, 01:38 PM
Post #447

QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Jul 8 2020, 10:44 AM) *
so after yesterday's win we are being linked with Tonali today (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

He already has an agreement with Inter. They just have to agree on the price with Brescia. Doubt we can beat Inter when it comes to money.

Donnarumma
NEW SIGNING - NEW SIGNING - Romagnoli - Hernandez
NEW SIGNING - Bennacer
NEW SIGNING - Calhanoglu - Rebic
NEW SIGNING

We need at least five decent signings. Now, if Kessie could always perform like he performed last night, then I wouldn't think twice about having him as starter. But we all know he's as inconsistent as they get.

Ibra will most probably leave. He said last night that it's a pity there are no fans on the stands because these games might have been the last chance for them to see him live. And let's be honest. The guy will be 39. He was OK as an interim solution to help us get back on our feet after the Giampaolo disaster. But he can't be the centre of a new project.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jul 8 2020, 08:51 PM
Post #448

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 8 2020, 01:38 PM) *
Ibra will most probably leave. He said last night that it's a pity there are no fans on the stands because these games might have been the last chance for them to see him live. And let's be honest. The guy will be 39. He was OK as an interim solution to help us get back on our feet after the Giampaolo disaster. But he can't be the centre of a new project.

One of you or Han heralded this signing as the second coming, as more than 'ok'.

And his goal and assists have been great, tbf.

And he's probably the reason we're in fifth now.

I was tentatively against the signing, cautious. I saw no future in it. Your comment bears that out but we can't deny the impact he's had when fit.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jul 8 2020, 09:29 PM
Post #449

Yes, I really wanted us to sign him, and I'm quite glad we did. He managed to instil some semblance of winning mentality into a team that was in pieces. He did his fair share, and we're all grateful.

But I never claimed he should have been more than an interim solution. We're up for an ambitious project next season with a coach that wants to build a young team after his own philosophy. And I'm afraid Ibra not only doesn't suit that, but he's just too old and not fit for another relentless Serie A season.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jul 8 2020, 09:58 PM
Post #450

Allievi Nazionali

I don't agree. Ibra can keep going as long as he's fit to.

Until the day he's just not delivering, there's no point ditching him.

And pah to the ambitious coach and young team stuff - that means another 5-10 years of this, and it also reminds me of the youth project piffle B&G came out with in 2012.

+Quote Post

70 Pages V  « < 28 29 30 31 32 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:38 PM