> Leonardo, Leonardo Nascimento de Araújo

Zed.D
post Jun 1 2009, 02:12 PM
Post #31

Primavera

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (pacang @ Jun 1 2009, 05:35 PM) *
now that we have both ex-players at chelsea and milan, is it possible for a mutual agreement? say swap Essien with Seedorf?

Swap Essien with Seedorf? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) let's not dream!

The only player I can see them dealing with us for is Pirlo, and even that is almost an impossibility.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Jun 1 2009, 03:22 PM
Post #32

Primavera

Leonardo to use science to create Milan masterpiece

MILAN, June 1 (Reuters) - Just like his Renaissance namesake, new AC Milan coach Leonardo plans to use the latest scientific advances to create a footballing masterpiece.

The Brazilian rookie, who has replaced new Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti on a two-year contract, wants to play attractive soccer by analysing detailed fitness and performance data of every player.

While such techniques have been used for some time in England, Spain and Germany, Serie A has been slow to catch on and Leonardo plans a mini-revolution.

More like a manager than a coach in a tracksuit, the 39-year-old former Milan player will also keep most of his old duties as technical director.
ADVERTISEMENT

“I have the idea of having two assistants that will deal with technical data and scientific information,” the 1994 World Cup winner told a news conference at the San Siro on Monday.

“People will see me more with a suit and tie, that’s true.”

Ancelotti, who led Milan to glory in the 2003 and 2007 Champions League, has moved on after two unsuccessful seasons but Leonardo said his approach would not differ hugely with playing good football the first objective.

“I have the idea of doing training with the ball, to have a team that is quick with the ball,” he said. “The style of Milan, the philosophy goes on. 4-3-1-2, this is our identity, but it can change. I want to play in an attacking, entertaining way.”

Barcelona’s success this term in 38-year-old Pep Guardiola’s first season has raised expectations that novice Leonardo can do something similar after Milan limped in third in Serie A.

“Today it’s normal to talk about Barcelona seeing what has happened this year,” he said in perfect Italian, one of the five languages he speaks.

“My style won’t be based on someone else, it will be my own style,” he added after saying the 1982 Brazil team was the best of all-time and England’s Fabio Capello the best ever coach.

COACHING BADGES

Leonardo has two immediate priorities, keeping hold of Real Madrid target Kaka and getting the best out of Ronaldinho after an average first season at Milan.

“Kaka, like many other big players, will be courted by many great clubs. I don’t see that as strange,” he said. “Definitely it’s important that we keep him here with us. He is a big reference point for the team.

“I see in Ronaldinho a huge desire to rediscover his best form.”

Transfer plans will be decided shortly but Leonardo, who said he held the relevant coaching badges despite reports otherwise, jokingly gave a short list of targets.

“The players I have asked for are Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo,” he smiled.

Chief executive Adriano Galliani said it was hard to come to terms with Ancelotti’s departure after eight years but was confident long-term friend Leonardo could prosper like Capello did as a rookie at Milan in the early 1990s.

The Rossoneri would try to hang on to Kaka, he added, before again bemoaning Italian tax laws and the lack of stadium investment which he believes put English and Spanish clubs at a huge advantage.

“Ten years ago Messi and Ronaldo could have played in Italy but now no one even considers it,” Galliani said.

Yahoo! Sports

+Quote Post

6Best
post Jun 1 2009, 03:31 PM
Post #33

Pulcini Provinciali 98

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,299

At least he's not all defend , he wants to attack , that is pretty good for us .

This post has been edited by 6Best: Jun 1 2009, 03:31 PM

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Jun 1 2009, 03:39 PM
Post #34

Primavera

And he does have a coaching badge, according to this. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

Minami
post Jun 1 2009, 03:45 PM
Post #35

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 1,685

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jun 1 2009, 04:39 PM) *
And he does have a coaching badge, according to this. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

perhabs he needs some other? I don't know if there is any diference, because i don't know anything about coaching license, between the coaching badges...perhabs he needs special badge form UEFA?? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Jun 1 2009, 04:02 PM
Post #36

Primavera

Maybe, but whatever it is, it's not as a big deal...

+Quote Post

Habitant
post Jun 1 2009, 07:27 PM
Post #37

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,763

loved him as a player

as a scout

as a person... why not as a coach as well.

+Quote Post

Ry4n
post Jun 1 2009, 07:54 PM
Post #38

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 932

Buon Fortuna Leo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FORZA LEO !!!!!

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jun 2 2009, 10:54 PM
Post #39

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jun 1 2009, 04:02 PM) *
Maybe, but whatever it is, it's not as a big deal...

No? And why not? Do you trust a policeman with a fake badge? A historian who studied law? A doctor who's a vet?

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Jun 2 2009, 11:26 PM
Post #40

Primavera

I wouldn't trust those but I trust Leonardo. for a guy in Leonardo's position who's been with the team for many years a coaching badge means nothing but a formality. if he became the coach it's because he learned a thing or two about it all these years not because he would learn how to coach in future coaching courses.

You are making a big thing out of it. you always defended every decision the board made but now I see it was as long as they were in favor of your favorites, as you're having big time problems with Leonardo being named the coach and all.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Jun 3 2009, 12:07 AM
Post #41

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

All I'll say about Leonardo as coach is that I hope Berlusconi made the right choice. He would not have been my first pick, but I'm willing to keep an open mind and see what he does.

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Jun 3 2009, 12:24 AM
Post #42

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,660

QUOTE (Tennie @ Jun 2 2009, 05:07 PM) *
All I'll say about Leonardo as coach is that I hope Berlusconi made the right choice. He would not have been my first pick, but I'm willing to keep an open mind and see what he does.

Same here. Surprising pick with all the options available.

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Jun 3 2009, 12:41 AM
Post #43

CrAzY EyeS

Member No.: 3,723

QUOTE (Tennie @ Jun 2 2009, 07:07 PM) *

QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Jun 2 2009, 07:24 PM) *
Same here. Surprising pick with all the options available.

+1

+Quote Post

dst
post Jun 3 2009, 01:07 AM
Post #44

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 3 2009, 12:54 AM) *
No? And why not? Do you trust a policeman with a fake badge? A historian who studied law? A doctor who's a vet?

I would trust an inexperienced policeman, a historian and a doctor as long as they got their best 11 men doing the job. And I would take them any day ahead of their experienced coworkers who allow men that can no longer do the job right do it.

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Jun 3 2009, 01:13 AM
Post #45

CrAzY EyeS

Member No.: 3,723

QUOTE (dst @ Jun 2 2009, 08:07 PM) *
I would trust an inexperienced policeman, a historian and a doctor as long as they got their best 11 men doing the job. And I would take them any day ahead of their experienced coworkers who allow men that can no longer do the job right do it.

+1

...Yet to be seen if it [Leo Era] will actually play out as such ^

But yes I definitely agree with the analogy!

+Quote Post

29 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 07:47 PM