post Apr 12 2017, 02:22 PM
Post #1

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

Some key facts for this very important game

- This is the first time a Milan derby has ever been played at 12:30
- This could be the first game under the new ownership if everything goes according to schedule (which looks to be the case)

So all in all, it's an exciting time for Milan fans (or at least it should be). The enthusiasm has waned around this sale, considering all the delays and drama, but now that it looks like it's finally happening, I hope that the enthusiasm will come back, especially on this forum since it's dead quiet, even during match days

Winning here would also be huge for us since Atalanta face Roma later in the day
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Apr 12 2017, 04:18 PM
Post #2

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

We're screwed really. But oh well. I hope we get a creditable draw.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Apr 12 2017, 10:06 PM
Post #3

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

Shows how far the Milan clubs have fallen that this gets the graveyard slot.

11:30 here in UK. Astonishing.

@Jack You know they just lost to Crotone while we managed 4-0. Optimism lad! At best, we both suck (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Apr 12 2017, 10:15 PM
Post #4

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

QUOTE (Danny @ Apr 13 2017, 01:06 AM) *

@Jack You know they just lost to Crotone while we managed 4-0. Optimism lad! At best, we both suck (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Think its more to do with having the game on at 6pm in China (12pm Italy). Guess that is part and parcel with promoting Milan in China. Otherwise there really isnt any serie A fixture this weekend as profilic as this one so... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Apr 13 2017, 03:19 PM
Post #5

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Yep (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Apr 13 2017, 11:20 PM
Post #6

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

According to Mediaset, the game will have 862 million potential spectators around the globe, 566 million of which from Asia. It would be a record.

Link

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 14 2017, 08:53 AM
Post #7

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ Apr 12 2017, 10:06 PM) *

It's all about marketing Danny. Both Inter and Milan now have interests in the far east, and as X-Off pointed out, this particular derby is anticipated to have the largest Serie A viewership in history, so we're about to be part of record breaking history.

So it's all good (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 13 2017, 11:20 PM) *
According to Mediaset, the game will have 862 million potential spectators around the globe, 566 million of which from Asia. It would be a record.

Link

Yep.

I think the marketing potential we're about to tap into will be limitless

+Quote Post

Danny
post Apr 14 2017, 02:48 PM
Post #8

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 14 2017, 08:53 AM) *
It's all about marketing Danny. Both Inter and Milan now have interests in the far east, and as X-Off pointed out, this particular derby is anticipated to have the largest Serie A viewership in history, so we're about to be part of record breaking history.

So it's all good (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Yeah I forgot completely about the whole Chinese takeover angle tbh for both clubs. Makes total sense now.

And yes, this derby will be easily the biggest viewed ever simply because it's peak viewing for the biggest populated areas on earth.

We're talking an area with roughly 3B people in it.

It taps into a whole new market for Milan and we'll gain millions of new fans through this.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 14 2017, 03:43 PM
Post #9

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ Apr 14 2017, 02:48 PM) *
Yeah I forgot completely about the whole Chinese takeover angle tbh for both clubs. Makes total sense now.

And yes, this derby will be easily the biggest viewed ever simply because it's peak viewing for the biggest populated areas on earth.

We're talking an area with roughly 3B people in it.

It taps into a whole new market for Milan and we'll gain millions of new fans through this.

And to add to this, going by what Fassone was talking about during the press conference, the Asian market is definitely one of the key points for the new business plan. It will be one of our biggest revenue streams along with the CL and a new stadium

+Quote Post

Danny
post Apr 14 2017, 08:33 PM
Post #10

Allievi Nazionali

That's why we signed Honda.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 14 2017, 09:11 PM
Post #11

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ Apr 14 2017, 08:33 PM) *
That's why we signed Honda.

One player isn't really going to make that much of an impact, sure he's currently our best shirt seller, but it's still just a dent in the grand scheme of things

I think the approach to getting into the Asian market and really exploiting it will be far more aggressive. Most likely we'll go there each summer in pre-season, I think once the Emerites deal ends a big Chinese company will definitely be our main sponsor, more opportunities for TV rights in the far east (especially if we have a heavy Chinese presence in our sponsorship list)

+Quote Post

Danny
post Apr 14 2017, 10:42 PM
Post #12

Allievi Nazionali

Oh I was being a tad cynical - but as I explained in a post to Pippo when we signed Honda, it did open up a market of around 3B with him being one of the biggest sports stars in the Far East.

This is like that but times 100.

Think of all those Honda shirts sold in Japan, Indonesia, India (to an extent) and China and now Milan are one of the most high-profile clubs over there along with Inter and a dozen or so European clubs who tapped into that market a decade ago (Arsenal, Utd, Real, Bayern etc).

And that's BEFORE this takeover. This is like a massive amplifier.

Let's hope the future is as bright as it looks on paper. It would be good to have a Milan to be proud of again.

That said, look at Utd - they're in the same boat as us right now in terms of the table, but they HAVE spent the big money and got the Hollywood manager.

It will take a while and we should NOT expect a title challenge next season even if we suddenly sign the squad this summer to do it.

I know fine well it takes longer. Look at aforementioned Utd, City, Chelsea, PSG, Monaco - big shiny expensive takeovers and they spent BIG but didn't get overnight results. Rangers also signed SPL winning-quality players last summer yet languish a distant third 35 points behind Celtic.

So let us keep our hopes tempered.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 15 2017, 09:49 AM
Post #13

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ Apr 14 2017, 10:42 PM) *
Oh I was being a tad cynical - but as I explained in a post to Pippo when we signed Honda, it did open up a market of around 3B with him being one of the biggest sports stars in the Far East.

This is like that but times 100.

Think of all those Honda shirts sold in Japan, Indonesia, India (to an extent) and China and now Milan are one of the most high-profile clubs over there along with Inter and a dozen or so European clubs who tapped into that market a decade ago (Arsenal, Utd, Real, Bayern etc).

And that's BEFORE this takeover. This is like a massive amplifier.

Let's hope the future is as bright as it looks on paper. It would be good to have a Milan to be proud of again.

That said, look at Utd - they're in the same boat as us right now in terms of the table, but they HAVE spent the big money and got the Hollywood manager.

It will take a while and we should NOT expect a title challenge next season even if we suddenly sign the squad this summer to do it.

I know fine well it takes longer. Look at aforementioned Utd, City, Chelsea, PSG, Monaco - big shiny expensive takeovers and they spent BIG but didn't get overnight results. Rangers also signed SPL winning-quality players last summer yet languish a distant third 35 points behind Celtic.

So let us keep our hopes tempered.

Ah, I thought you were serious because I do think we'll bring in one or two Chinese players for marketing purposes

As for United, I think their problem is mostly in selection, plus they have an awful defence that not even Mourinho can fix. So why they keep signing attackers when their defence is in that state is beyond me. Add to that their midfield beside Pogba is questionable at best, Herrera, Fellaini, sorry but that's not going to cut it, no matter how much you spend in other areas. So I think had they made better and smarter choices in the way they spent their money, they would definitely be competing now

As for City, Chelse, PSG, etc their situation is a bit different because they started from nothing. It wasn't just about the squad with them. PSG signed great players pretty much instantly and won their league within a year or 2. So if you're aggressive and are ready to shell out cold hard cash, the players will come. It's just a matter of making the right choices. For instance I think PSG went about their choices much better than Man City. Leonardo raided Serie A for the best players he could get and it worked out

As for Rangers, I think the fact that you were relegated is a major factor. Juve didn't come up from Serie B and instantly start winning the league either, it was a long process and it took them time, not to mention finding the perfect coach to bring out the best in them

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 15 2017, 10:06 AM
Post #14

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Btw, for the first time since as long as I can remember, we'll be wearing our white away kits today in the derby

Which I think is a good thing since last time we played them I was about to go cross-eyed due to the overly black styling in both kits

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Apr 15 2017, 10:25 AM
Post #15

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Well. I'd rather the world watch us in our prime kits, but yes - I get your point.

Lineups anyone?

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:15 AM