> World Cup 2014

William405
post Jul 10 2014, 10:29 AM
Post #1486

Allievi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 7,239

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 10 2014, 12:16 PM) *
It amazes me how many people thought that was a wrongly disallowed goal. Pretty sure he wasn't called offiside, nor did it go in. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I remember it was called offside! But, pretty sure it didn't go in!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jul 10 2014, 10:29 AM
Post #1487

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 10 2014, 09:16 AM) *
It amazes me how many people thought that was a wrongly disallowed goal. Pretty sure he wasn't called offiside, nor did it go in. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

He wasn't offside, nor did it go in.

Sounds like Sturridge V Italy - I swore for at least 2 seconds his 20 yard worldly had gone in, till I realised it hadn't.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jul 10 2014, 10:33 AM
Post #1488

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (William405 @ Jul 10 2014, 09:29 AM) *
I remember it was called offside! But, pretty sure it didn't go in!

As heavy rain poured down on the Arena de Sao Paulo's uncovered stands after the interval, and some fans decided to seek shelter out of sight of the game, the stretching Gonzalo Higuain came closest to breaking the stalemate when he steered Perez's angled cross into the side-netting.

Not offside. Didn't go in.

+Quote Post

William405
post Jul 10 2014, 11:05 AM
Post #1489

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 10 2014, 12:33 PM) *
Not offside. Didn't go in.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Okay.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jul 10 2014, 11:20 AM
Post #1490

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 10 2014, 12:53 AM) *
The lines-man should have spared us another 30 minutes of this by allowing Higuain's goal which, imo, was onside.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 10 2014, 11:23 AM) *
Anyway, Argentina should have won it in regular time with Higuain's wrongly disallowed goal, so justice is served in end.

Guys, about that "goal" han speaks: it was a MISS. He missed the goal, but the ball touched the net a many people watching thought it was a goal. Nothing was wrongly decided there, it was an ordinary miss.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 10 2014, 01:46 AM) *
I wonder why the Dutch chose a defender to start off their penalties

I wonder why van Genial didn't wait for Krul to come in. The moment I saw Cilessen I knew the Dutch don't have any chances. He looked frightened and unprepared. He had two penalties, but his reaction was poor (and the shots weren't easy as well).

All in all, those two teams we saw yesterday in the semifinal were embarrassing. Holland managed to score 2 goals (one dubious penalty) in 3 whole knock-out matches, or better yet, they didn't score a regular goal for more then 240 minutes. Argentina on the other hand showed many weaknesses, yet got it through to the final with two minimal wins and a penalty-shootout. Their defense, nothing special compared to even the older Argentine defenses of the past (Ayala, Chamot, Samuel) didn't concede a single goal in the knock-out phase, yet they didn't convince me one bit.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jul 10 2014, 11:24 AM
Post #1491

Primavera
Group Icon

(IMG:http://media.business24-7.ae/images/2014/07/robben.jpg)

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jul 10 2014, 11:29 AM
Post #1492

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 10 2014, 10:20 AM) *
Guys, about that "goal" han speaks: it was a MISS. He missed the goal, but the ball touched the net a many people watching thought it was a goal. Nothing was wrongly decided there, it was an ordinary miss.

You're quoting Han twice (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Jul 10 2014, 12:50 PM
Post #1493

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 10 2014, 05:50 PM) *

I wonder why van Genial didn't wait for Krul to come in. The moment I saw Cilessen I knew the Dutch don't have any chances. He looked frightened and unprepared. He had two penalties, but his reaction was poor (and the shots weren't easy as well).

He didn't have any subs left. He had brought RvP off already coz he was tired. He thought he could get a goal and nick it in ET.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jul 10 2014, 01:10 PM
Post #1494

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jul 10 2014, 02:50 PM) *
He didn't have any subs left. He had brought RvP off already coz he was tired. He thought he could get a goal and nick it in ET.

Yes. But it's a whole line of mistakes: firstly, why start with two half-injured or tired players like van Persie and de Jong? He should have chosen Clasie if de Jong wasn't fit enough. Secondly, why sub of Persie with Huntelaar who by no means is a game changer; Depay would have done considerably better. And thirdly, why not start with Janmaat, who did well whenever he was needed?

And beyond that, he should have known Cilessen isn't up to the task. Especially since he humiliatingly subbed him of just one game prior to this.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 10 2014, 02:18 PM
Post #1495

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

I seriously thought that was a goal. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blush.gif) Someone needs to find some footage of it

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jul 10 2014, 02:31 PM
Post #1496

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 10 2014, 01:18 PM) *
I seriously thought that was a goal. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blush.gif) Someone needs to find some footage of it

I did too. Thousands of Argentinians did as well. But a sec later it was Sturridge syndrome and I realised it was side netting.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jul 10 2014, 02:34 PM
Post #1497

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 10 2014, 12:10 PM) *
Yes. But it's a whole line of mistakes: firstly, why start with two half-injured or tired players like van Persie and de Jong? He should have chosen Clasie if de Jong wasn't fit enough. Secondly, why sub of Persie with Huntelaar who by no means is a game changer; Depay would have done considerably better. And thirdly, why not start with Janmaat, who did well whenever he was needed?

And beyond that, he should have known Cilessen isn't up to the task. Especially since he humiliatingly subbed him of just one game prior to this.

I would choose De Jong and Van Persie on crutches if they could play. The two of them are 'Clasie' (see what I did there).

But I'm also not sure you can call any of what he did a mistake. They lost in a lottery on a penalty shoot out. They also came closer to scoring than Argentina did.

Messi was once again completely inneffectual and well tamed by the Dutch.

The only error I think LVG made was going public about some Dutch players rejecting a pen. But then I guess he's just being honest and wouldn't have said it if he wasn't now Man Utd boss.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jul 10 2014, 02:45 PM
Post #1498

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 10 2014, 02:18 PM) *

Don't worry Han, most people weren't paying much attention to last night's borefest, so a slip like this is totally understandable.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jul 10 2014, 03:00 PM
Post #1499

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 10 2014, 04:34 PM) *
I would choose De Jong and Van Persie on crutches if they could play. The two of them are 'Clasie' (see what I did there).

But I'm also not sure you can call any of what he did a mistake. They lost in a lottery on a penalty shoot out. They also came closer to scoring than Argentina did.

Messi was once again completely inneffectual and well tamed by the Dutch.

The only error I think LVG made was going public about some Dutch players rejecting a pen. But then I guess he's just being honest and wouldn't have said it if he wasn't now Man Utd boss.

Well, point is - it really wasn't a lottery. Even before the shootout started, Holland lost. Just think about it; a young keeper who clearly isn't cut for penalty saves also lost maybe the last piece of confidence by being substituted a minute before the Costa Rica shootout. Now, when the stakes are even higher, he has to do the job, and his pale face was the complete opposite of what Krul presented.

The fact that Huntelaar made absolutely zero was predictable. Hey, maybe Krul should have subbed off Persie and played the last part - the effect would be pretty much same.

Why was LvG playing with the rightback position? Clearly players like Verboeve are not cut for the job. He should have relied on Janmaat and not experiment with Kuyt and other options.

Also, bringing in Clasie (did he even play before this match?) wasn't exactly helpful. If he wanted to win the games and avoid penalties, he should have brought in Depay or Lens. At one point Argentina was playing with 4 forwards and lost completely composure. A good midfield runner or an extra thinker would have sealed the deal for Holland.

Nah, I think LvG became a bit arrogant and made a couple of mistakes in yesterdays match.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 10 2014, 03:07 PM
Post #1500

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 10 2014, 02:45 PM) *
Don't worry Han, most people weren't paying much attention to last night's borefest, so a slip like this is totally understandable.

To be completely honest I do have to admit that I watched the game on the PC and was alternating between giving the game side glances and browsing around on the net, so this is probably why I thought I saw it go in

+Quote Post

108 Pages V  « < 98 99 100 101 102 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 06:32 AM