post Jun 1 2009, 05:45 AM
Post #256

Giovanissimi Nazionali
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 703

QUOTE (Rivaldo @ May 31 2009, 12:24 PM) *

great picture of 2 great champions.

words can't describe how much those 2 men have meant to this club.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 1 2009, 05:48 AM
Post #257

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

A very sad image.. a great way to sign out with a clean sheet though.

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Jun 1 2009, 08:39 AM
Post #258

CrAzY EyeS

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,723

Its a pity the picture's quality isn't of the greatest though... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post

il_diavolo_mtl
post Jun 1 2009, 05:34 PM
Post #259

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,245

QUOTE (FDL @ May 29 2009, 09:37 AM) *
Hello again. My previous nickname was Il Diavolo, but I can't seem to log on. That's my new account /obviously/. Anyway, I hope we win. Very few points against "big teams" this season. Avenging for last season's final match would be a decent way to end a dry campaign. And of course, there's Paolo. He deserves a win for his last game.

You won't believe this, but there is some sort of a Milan-Gila fan-club that predicts he'll score 2 goals this sunday. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) These are probably the same people who waved the Gila Mania posters at San Siro if you remember. Quite embarassing. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I am the Real diavolo!!!!
i was a gila fan, still am. Just sad gila with milan dind't workout that well. (mind you he looked nice against Man U.)

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Jun 2 2009, 02:41 AM
Post #260

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

So, I was at the game. Ended up with seats in the Maratona section of the stands, just opposite the Milan bench and on the second to last row. I was one of the first to know when it started raining partway through the first half. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) It WAS raining when I was walking to the stadium and saw the Milan bus arrive (camera was away so no pictures of that).

Fiorentina-Milan was the sort of game that Maldini SHOULD have gotten as his last game at the San Siro. Good game altogether, though I was surprised that at least one possible penalty (first half) against Gilardino wasn't called -- Rizzoli has a reputation for always favoring the home side.

I was stuck in the middle of a group of season ticket holders - middle aged husbands and wives, generally really nice people. What impressed me most about the game was the absolute class of the Fiorentian fans. Sure, some of those dignified ladies were swearing like sailors at some of the calls and saying naughty things now and then about some of the players (but never Malidni. it was Flamini they didn't like), but there were repeated ovations for Maldini from when he stepped onto the pitch to warm up to when he walked off at the end of the game. Maldini acknowledged the affection of the Viola fans but, unlike some of the other players, did NOT go over to salute the travelling support at the end of the game. Honestly can't say I blame him.

Not sure if it was reported anywhere but due to the tremendous affection shown by both Fiorentina supporters and the players, Maldini gave his jersey to the club president.

+Quote Post

Warchant
post Jun 2 2009, 03:07 AM
Post #261

Giovanissimi Nazionali
Group Icon

Member No.: 703

QUOTE (Tennie @ Jun 1 2009, 08:41 PM) *
So, I was at the game. Ended up with seats in the Maratona section of the stands, just opposite the Milan bench and on the second to last row. I was one of the first to know when it started raining partway through the first half. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) It WAS raining when I was walking to the stadium and saw the Milan bus arrive (camera was away so no pictures of that).

Fiorentina-Milan was the sort of game that Maldini SHOULD have gotten as his last game at the San Siro. Good game altogether, though I was surprised that at least one possible penalty (first half) against Gilardino wasn't called -- Rizzoli has a reputation for always favoring the home side.

I was stuck in the middle of a group of season ticket holders - middle aged husbands and wives, generally really nice people. What impressed me most about the game was the absolute class of the Fiorentian fans. Sure, some of those dignified ladies were swearing like sailors at some of the calls and saying naughty things now and then about some of the players (but never Malidni. it was Flamini they didn't like), but there were repeated ovations for Maldini from when he stepped onto the pitch to warm up to when he walked off at the end of the game. Maldini acknowledged the affection of the Viola fans but, unlike some of the other players, did NOT go over to salute the travelling support at the end of the game. Honestly can't say I blame him.

Not sure if it was reported anywhere but due to the tremendous affection shown by both Fiorentina supporters and the players, Maldini gave his jersey to the club president.

glad to see you had a good time

also, thanks for the postcard!! we have it hanging on our fridge (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jun 2 2009, 06:00 PM
Post #262

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Tennie @ Jun 2 2009, 01:41 AM) *

Thanks for the recap.

Glad you had a good time. The Fiorentina fans looked top class from TV, but glad you told us how great they were in order to confirm it. I'm just sorry that it wasn't out fans that gave him the goodbye he deserves but another club's fans did it instead. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Jun 3 2009, 08:11 PM
Post #263

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

Programming note for those in North America (or those who can get feeds from there): Fox Soccer is re-showing the game at 8pm Eastern tonight.

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post Jun 3 2009, 10:10 PM
Post #264

Dida per sempre

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,563

QUOTE (Tennie @ Jun 1 2009, 06:41 PM) *
Maldini gave his jersey to the club president.

Very cool! I didn't know that.

I don't think it's the first time you've said something about old ladies swearing like sailors, but it cracks me up every time.

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 16 17 18
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:56 PM