> New coach could be decided on Monday

Warchant
post May 21 2009, 04:43 PM
Post #1

Giovanissimi Nazionali
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 703

AC Milan vice president Adriano Galliani said Thursday that the club's coaching situation could be clarified as early as Monday if a spot in next season's Champions League has been secured.

Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti has been linked to possible moves to Chelsea, AS Roma and Real Madrid in the offseason, while Marco van Basten and Luciano Spalletti are rumored to be front-runners for the San Siro job.

"I hope to be able to say something on Monday, because then we would have qualified directly," Galliani told the club Web site.

Galliani insisted that he had not spoken to anyone else about the coaching job.

"We have never thought about any coach and we shall leave it till the end of the season and then we will see," he said. "At Milan there's no chaos. We have clear ideas and we will communicate them at the end of the season."

Ancelotti has regularly denied that he is leaving Milan, insisting that he has a contract with the club until 2010.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Tennie
post May 21 2009, 05:33 PM
Post #2

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

Today, all the rumors say it'll be Van Basten.

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 21 2009, 06:19 PM
Post #3

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Tennie @ May 21 2009, 05:33 PM) *
Today, all the rumors say it'll be Van Basten.

meh.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post

Tennie
post May 21 2009, 07:56 PM
Post #4

Token Girl
Group Icon

Meh again. Now Mediaset's claiming it'll be Leonardo. The stories seem to change by the hour.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post May 21 2009, 08:39 PM
Post #5

Primavera

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,265

A big no to Tassotti, Leonardo and anyone else with no significant coaching experience! I'll keep believing it'll be Rijkaard, but I wouldn't mind van Basten and Spalletti at all.

It's an almost sure thing, in case Carlo leaves, Milan will not have stability in that position for a couple of years. I think a few coaches will have to tried so the club finds the best one for the job. so it's not a case of 'new coach named X for 8 years'.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post May 21 2009, 08:43 PM
Post #6

Token Girl
Group Icon

Well, if Milan beat Roma on Sunday, the suspense will probably be over. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) At least that's what the most recent articles state.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post May 21 2009, 08:52 PM
Post #7

Primavera

I hope so. the Sun had written that Chelsea wanted to announce the name of their new coach on May 30 (or so). who knows if Ancelotti is being released sooner that expected so he can be made the new Chelsea coach without any problem?

+Quote Post

Tennie
post May 21 2009, 09:00 PM
Post #8

Token Girl
Group Icon

I think he'll still coach the last game at Fiorentina but if Milan mathematically clinch CL participation by winning the Roma game, I can see the announcement being made then.

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 21 2009, 09:51 PM
Post #9

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

Hmm, any chance Prandelli is being mentioned?

Personally I'm not a fan of Van Basten, we'd still be in the same predicament with him.

Regarding Tassotti and Leonardo, neither is good enough as a long term replacement, Leonardo has no experiance and Tassotti is not head coach material. Sre they would be ok if this was an end of the season sort of deal, but not to start a new season with them.

Personally I think that Tossotti should also be released, we need fresh faces in that area.

+Quote Post

dst
post May 21 2009, 10:37 PM
Post #10

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

I have no problem at all with an inexperienced coach. Sacchi, Capello and Ancelotti (Milan's most successful coaches in the Berlusconi era) were all nobodys when they joined us!

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post May 21 2009, 10:52 PM
Post #11

Primavera

ADRIANO GALLIANI: "Carlo Ancelotti has a contract with Milan until June 30 2010"

5/21/2009

MILAN - Soon the declarations of Adriano Galliani will be online. After the inauguration of a new department in the Children's Hospital, the Rossoneri's director responded to some questions also in Lega Calcio: "We did not think about other coaches, Carlo Ancelotti is our coach and has a contract until June 30 2010."

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Can't wait to hear the announcement on Sunday!

QUOTE (Tennie @ May 22 2009, 12:30 AM) *
I think he'll still coach the last game at Fiorentina but if Milan mathematically clinch CL participation by winning the Roma game, I can see the announcement being made then.

Of course. he could sign for Chelsea but also lead Milan in it's final game of the season.

QUOTE (dst @ May 22 2009, 02:07 AM) *
I have no problem at all with an inexperienced coach. Sacchi, Capello and Ancelotti (Milan's most successful coaches in the Berlusconi era) were all nobodys when they joined us!

Almost 2 decades have passed since Sacchi and Capello took over at Milan. football was different back then. and Carlo wasn't really a nobody. having finished as runner up 3 times before joining Milan, he was more an 'almost' man. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

This post has been edited by Zed.D: May 21 2009, 10:57 PM

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post May 21 2009, 10:57 PM
Post #12

CrAzY EyeS

Member No.: 3,723

Someone already edited Wikipedia and put Carlo as current Chelsea manager.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post May 21 2009, 11:02 PM
Post #13

Primavera

QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ May 22 2009, 02:27 AM) *
Someone already edited Wikipedia and put Carlo as current Chelsea manager.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

QUOTE (interview with Kaka)
ON ANCELOTTI'S FUTURE

"In the dressing room the voices on Carlo Ancelotti's future create no problems because there's been talk of a possible departure of his for a long time. Certainly these voices disappoint us, but at the moment we are all concentrated on Sunday's match against Roma, including the coach himself. Let's wait, on Monday we will know everything.
Personally I try not to say anything, there's a lot of speculation, but again, let's wait.
For me Ancelotti remains the best coach Milan could have, the team is happy with him and he is able to handle the dressing room like no one else.

"Juventus have brought in Ferrara, this means they want to give space to a new generation of coaches, it doesn't revalue Italian football. If Milan decided to aim for an emerging coach, it would also an opportunity for us to have a new cycle of young coaches.
In the past Milan have had many cycles of coaches and players, but always with the same president and the same management: this means that certainly there will be another winning cycle.
Just look at the positive example of Guardiola, no one expected much from him because he had only coached the B team of Barcelona, he brought the team into the Champions League final.
Van Basten? I would be happy to be coached by someone like him who made Milan's history. Tassotti? He's been us for many years and after winning so much he has made up a certain experience."

Now this is the most obvious hint yet that Carlo could leave.

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post May 21 2009, 11:20 PM
Post #14

CrAzY EyeS

Member No.: 3,723

Should Milan coach change, it would definitely be something new for me, I haven't know Milan without Carlo.
I mean I am aware of their past and everything, but I only began backing Ancelotti's Milan.
I'd have to admit big changes like this do worry me. I'd would really just prefer if Carlo could roll back the years a bit and quit being so damn sturbon (tactical-wise) and remain our coach, but realistically, this isn't going to happen. And you have to think with the way things are going, its likely that Carlo will no longer be here for next season.

Maybe its for the best, maybe a change would be best for Milan and Carlo as well.
What ever happens I would always be very grateful for what Carlo has brought this club (as we all should be...), and I hope that who ever is to take over from him eventually would create a bond as strong the one Carlo had with our players.

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post May 21 2009, 11:41 PM
Post #15

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 558

Looks like I'll have to keep the champagne on ice for a little while longer (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:06 PM