Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ancelotti offered new contract

Rivaldo
post May 10 2009, 10:38 AM
Post #1

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,063

While some say he has already agreed to join Chelsea, it’s reported Milan have offered Carlo Ancelotti a contract extension until 2012.

There are claims in the Corriere dello Sport that Ancelotti would give his definitive response to Roman Abramovich only after both clubs had mathematically qualified for the Champions League proper.

That could be as early as Monday or at most Tuesday, but the San Siro outfit is not prepared to lose him yet.

The doubts over the tactician’s future continue and one of the question marks surrounded the fact he had not yet been proposed a new deal.

His current contract only lasts until June 2010 and the club confirmed he would be removed from his post if he failed to finish in the top three this season.

The Rossoneri have found their stride in recent weeks and with a victory over Juventus this evening would put the lock on the more prestigious second place.

It is reported Ancelotti has been offered a new deal until June 2012 with an improvement in his wages.

The Corriere dello Sport also suggests that he has already signed a pre-contract agreement with Chelsea back in February, but there are some caveats.

Above all the final word on his early departure from Milan depends on the Rossoneri and they might not be so willing to release him now.

While it is true that Inter could win the Scudetto this evening – if they win at Chievo and Juventus conquer San Siro – equally the seven-point gap could be dramatically reduced.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/may10e.html

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/yay.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yay.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yay.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yay.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yay.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

russellbhoy
post May 10 2009, 04:30 PM
Post #2

Pulcini 99

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,144

Hopefully this ends the speculation (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yahoo.gif)

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post May 10 2009, 10:12 PM
Post #3

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 558

Hopefuly this isn't true (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post May 10 2009, 11:49 PM
Post #4

Dida per sempre

Member No.: 3,563

Any time an article includes the words "pre-contract agreement," it instantly loses its credibility.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post May 11 2009, 02:02 AM
Post #5

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

It's not April 1st either. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post

Suprpippo
post May 11 2009, 03:19 PM
Post #6

Pulcini 99

Member No.: 6,456

apparently because of milans good form he will get the extension

+Quote Post

Suprpippo
post May 11 2009, 03:21 PM
Post #7

Pulcini 99

Member No.: 6,456

QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ May 10 2009, 05:12 PM) *
Hopefuly this isn't true (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

why? if ancelotti leaves so will a bunch of other players,and apart from the bacline we are a scudetto and CL winning team

+Quote Post

dst
post May 11 2009, 03:42 PM
Post #8

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

QUOTE (Suprpippo @ May 11 2009, 05:21 PM) *
why? if ancelotti leaves so will a bunch of other players,and apart from the bacline we are a scudetto and CL winning team

The only thing that will happen if Ancelotti leaves is that Seedorf won't play. And that's massively positive!

+Quote Post

Warchant
post May 11 2009, 03:56 PM
Post #9

Giovanissimi Nazionali
Group Icon

Member No.: 703

QUOTE (Suprpippo @ May 11 2009, 09:21 AM) *

our players won't go anywhere.

i think the club should've waited and seen how we do next year

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post May 11 2009, 04:25 PM
Post #10

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 558

QUOTE (Suprpippo @ May 11 2009, 03:21 PM) *

Hahahahaha (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh2.gif)

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post May 12 2009, 10:30 AM
Post #11

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

Is La Repubblica reliable? because it's quoted Berlusconi as saying "it's all Ancelotti's fault [that we didn't win the Scudetto]".

http://www.repubblica.it/2008/12/sport/cal...erlu-sharm.html

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2009/...-silvio-berlusc

In Berlu we trust!!

EDIT: it's on Mediaset as well.

http://www.sportmediaset.it/calcio/articol...colo23282.shtml

Knowing Berlu two things may happen: 1) he orders Galliani to find a new coach. 2) he comes out tomorrow and denies that he's ever said those things.

The 2nd one will most probably happen.

This post has been edited by Zed.D: May 12 2009, 10:49 AM

+Quote Post

Tennie
post May 12 2009, 11:30 AM
Post #12

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

Well, that's what repubblica is quoting and what mediaset picked up from them. Thing is, repubblica is a left-wing paper and, well, they rarely if ever print anything that's in any way pro-Berlusconi. So i'd perhaps take it with a grian of salt given that there's an election campaign going on in Italy.

+Quote Post

Milan Are Brilli...
post May 12 2009, 01:05 PM
Post #13

Berretti
Group Icon

Member No.: 90

QUOTE (Tennie @ May 12 2009, 11:30 AM) *
Well, that's what repubblica is quoting and what mediaset picked up from them. Thing is, repubblica is a left-wing paper and, well, they rarely if ever print anything that's in any way pro-Berlusconi. So i'd perhaps take it with a grian of salt given that there's an election campaign going on in Italy.

Yet, it's still probably true (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

Warchant
post May 12 2009, 03:51 PM
Post #14

Giovanissimi Nazionali
Group Icon

Member No.: 703

MILAN (AP) - AC Milan president Silvio Berlusconi has put the blame for finishing the season empty-handed squarely on the shoulders of coach Carlo Ancelotti.

The comments made on Tuesday will add to speculation that Ancelotti will leave the club in the summer, having been strongly linked with the coach's job at Chelsea.

Milan sits seven points behind leader Inter after failing to mount any challenge to its cross-city rivals. The team also limped out of the UEFA Cup, losing to Werder Bremen in the last 32.

"We lost the title because of Ancelotti," he told La Repubblica newspaper. "On many occasions we did not use the right tactics. We have so many good dribblers and should have based our football on this asset, but we did the opposite."

It is not the first time that Berlusconi and Ancelotti have clashed over tactics. Early in his time at the club, the coach also came under fire for his use of one striker, rather than two.

Milan vice president Adriano Galliani meanwhile distanced himself from Berlusconi's views, asking to wait till the end of the season before discussing Ancelotti's future.

"As a rule, I never comment on the declarations of president Berlusconi and I don't comment on what is reported by newspapers that I have not read," he told the club's Web site.

"I've said and I will repeat that I won't be speaking about these things before May 31. At the very least I won't be speaking until we are certain we have qualified for the Champions League."

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 12 2009, 06:01 PM
Post #15

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Hmh, interesting...

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:54 PM