Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Milan Vs Torino, Serie A - Week 32

Zed.D
post Apr 18 2009, 07:42 AM
Post #46

Primavera

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,265

Schmunga... what does that mean? I like it!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Apr 18 2009, 07:03 PM
Post #47

Token Girl
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,800

Call ups:

Dida, Kalac
Darmian, Favalli, Maldini, Mattioni, Senderos, Zambrotta
Ambrosini, Beckham, Flamini, Pirlo
Inzaghi, Kakà, Pato, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Ronaldinho

Yet again, Iross will be despondent that Emerson wasn't called up.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Apr 18 2009, 07:11 PM
Post #48

Primavera

I'd like to see Darmian and Mattioni get some minutes (not milliseconds... minutes)

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Apr 18 2009, 07:12 PM
Post #49

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

Here's the full text of Ancelotti's press conference (translation courtesy of acmilan.com's english page):

'It's an important moment of the season, each moment has its own difficulties and importance, tomorrow against Torino as well. We will find a closed down team, but Milan are going through a good moment. I'm not satisfied with the way we're playing, but we are looking for solutions to play better. Will we use the same formation as against Chievo? We will certainly use a diamond formation again in midfield. Torino are a very careful team. They are going through a delicate moment and they are coming here to get points. They will play with attention and application. They have refound these qualities and we'll have to be careful. Tomorrow's doubts are for Maldini but we have Darmian available so he could play.

Abate has grown a lot, he could be in our squad, his only problem is that Milan usually don't play with wide players.

In midfield we will have many choices, Beckham has gotten over a problem to his shoulder which bothered him during training. In front we will have Inzaghi or Ronaldinho.

Ronaldinho is doing well, he's working with good rhythm which he showed against Lecce. He was very motivated when he came on and he wanted to give an important contribution to the team, which he wants to do now too.
Tomorrow I'll have the chance to meet Dunga. I'm happy because he used to be an opponent and perhaps we can reestablish a direct relationship instead of through the papers.'

'I don't think I will support Inter tonight, but I will have the pleasure of seeing a great match. This week we saw some very good games in the Champions League, let's hope Italian football can offer the same spectacle.'

'The statistics do not always reflect the reality of things. Milan's defence has managed to maintain solidity and reliability, through important performances of certain players, it's not a coincidence that we conceded just one goal in the last three games. Sometimes we didn't develop the play with enough sharpness. We are trying to recover Kaká to make us play faster. Lately his performances haven't been great, let's hope tomorrow he can give an important contribution against Torino. Ricky was out injured for two months and he didn't have the chance to train well. Considering his characteristics he was certainly penalised.

Milan's cycle will end when the property changes, but the squad will be renewed as happens every year, and I don't think it's over. Kaká is a very good observer because Gerrard could be useful to our group. It's not necessary to open a new cycle, we just need the right reinforcements to keep this team competitive.

Borriello can score 20 goals and I think he could score them next year, Marco has been out for a year, but Milan are counting on him for next year. I have the right motivation for next season.

The players don't ask me whether I'll stay, the situation is clear with them, I read Maldini's interview. Every day he asks me what I'll do and I ask him what he will do next year. There isn't any news and there won't be. There is clearness between me and the players, the objective is to finish the season well and get back into the Champions League next year. It's true that I'm taking English lessons, but that's because it's useful for travelling the world not just for coaching.'

'I think Seedorf is an important player who has highs and lows. Quality players aren't always able to express themselves, but Clarence has always been important at delicate times for Milan. Seedorf plays a lot not just for technical reasons, but also because of his personality.'

'The eve of the match against Real Madrid of twenty years ago is a memory that is still alive, it was an important eve. It's nice to be here twenty years later, it's an important eve and tomorrow we hope to do well. Each game has its history, as does every season.'

'For me the derby is the most strongly felt game, even though it depends on the situation of the teams in the standings, it's always an exciting match.'

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post Apr 18 2009, 07:28 PM
Post #50

Dida per sempre

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,563

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Apr 17 2009, 11:42 PM) *
Schmunga... what does that mean? I like it!

Heh. Repeating a word with a "sch" prefix is pretty much a "yeah, whatever" expression, with some negative connotation. It's basically a disparaging of the subject. It's often used in the U.S. and I believe it's Yiddish, though I'm not 100% sure because I'm not Jewish. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

For instance, if you told me that Beckham would be starting tomorrow, I might say, "Becks, schmecks. He belongs on the bench." The simpler the better, because you'll sound like a dope if you use a name or word that's too complicated. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Apr 18 2009, 07:31 PM
Post #51

Primavera

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) - Thanks a lot for explaining that, Miz.

+Quote Post

dst
post Apr 18 2009, 07:54 PM
Post #52

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

QUOTE (Ancelotti)
... it's not a coincidence that we conceded just one goal in the last three games.

That's a good one. Is he even watching the games, we have been very lucky lately.

'I think Seedorf is an important player who has highs and lows. Quality players aren't always able to express themselves, but Clarence has always been important at delicate times for Milan. Seedorf plays a lot not just for technical reasons, but also because of his personality.'

Translation: Seedorf is an important player who had highs and is now laying low. Quality players aren't always able to express themselves but Clarence has given a new meaning to this by not even making an effort. Seedorf plays a lot not just because technically I never change the system but also because he's my buddy.

QUOTE (MizNelson @ Apr 18 2009, 09:28 PM) *
Heh. Repeating a word with a "sch" prefix is pretty much a "yeah, whatever" expression, with some negative connotation. It's basically a disparaging of the subject. It's often used in the U.S. and I believe it's Yiddish, though I'm not 100% sure because I'm not Jewish. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

For instance, if you told me that Beckham would be starting tomorrow, I might say, "Becks, schmecks. He belongs on the bench." The simpler the better, because you'll sound like a dope if you use a name or word that's too complicated. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

So what if we're talking about Schmeichel then?

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post Apr 18 2009, 08:11 PM
Post #53

Dida per sempre

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Apr 18 2009, 11:31 AM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) - Thanks a lot for explaining that, Miz.

Anything for you, Zeddie. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

QUOTE (Carlo)
it's not a coincidence that we conceded just one goal in the last three games.

That hasn't been entirely down to us, and we haven't been tested a whole lot in goal during that span. Sorry, Carlo. (Oh, and it's in the last four games that we've conceded once. Methinks your math is off as well.)

QUOTE (dst)
So what if we're talking about Schmeichel then?

If your name actually begins with "sch," then you're immune. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by MizNelson: Apr 18 2009, 08:12 PM

+Quote Post

gal_kenny
post Apr 18 2009, 08:17 PM
Post #54

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 2,128

Genoa lost today..We should take the opportunity and extend the gap b/w us and them!!!

+Quote Post

Habitant
post Apr 18 2009, 11:58 PM
Post #55

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,763

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Apr 18 2009, 07:31 PM) *

or you can call him scumga (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post Apr 19 2009, 12:12 AM
Post #56

Dida per sempre

QUOTE (Habitant @ Apr 18 2009, 03:58 PM) *
or you can call him scumga (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Nah, doesn't quite roll off the tongue, like "Schmabitant." (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

From Calciomercato:

QUOTE (Carlo)
Dida tornerà ai livelli di un tempo e Inzaghi è ancora giovane.

Sakes. I'll pretend I didn't read the last part.

+Quote Post

gal_kenny
post Apr 19 2009, 01:02 AM
Post #57

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (MizNelson @ Apr 19 2009, 12:12 AM) *
From Calciomercato:

Dida tornerà ai livelli di un tempo e Inzaghi è ancora giovane.

Now that's really funny...Inzaghi's young, Dida will return to his level...

With Milan's that's possible..With Milan, old players are young...

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Apr 19 2009, 02:00 AM
Post #58

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,660

I'm not usually one to credit carlo, but I think hes dead on with what he has said.

But i'm very surprised he only called 18 players. So basically whoever isn't playing is on the bench.

FORZA MILAN. KAKA TO SCORE.

MILAN 9-0 TORINO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post

Darunia
post Apr 19 2009, 02:22 AM
Post #59

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 2,240

Gazzetta:

Dida

Zambrotta Senderos Maldini Favalli

Beckham Pirlo Ambrosini

Kaka

Inzaghi Pato

Our defense scares me. Sounds like Ambro-Pirlo-Seedorf is more likely since Carlo loves Seedorf, but expect Seedorf to be subbed out for Ronnie.

+Quote Post

gal_kenny
post Apr 19 2009, 02:24 AM
Post #60

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Apr 19 2009, 02:00 AM) *
I'm not usually one to credit carlo, but I think hes dead on with what he has said.

But i'm very surprised he only called 18 players. So basically whoever isn't playing is on the bench.

FORZA MILAN. KAKA TO SCORE.

MILAN 9-0 TORINO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very funny Bluesummer...Milan can't score 9...When was the last time Milan scored 6 goals...? The highest was 5...

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:08 PM