Guests cannot vote 

Fillipo Simone
post Dec 22 2013, 11:39 PM
Post #1

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

Another embarrassment Allegri put us through. Even if we controlled possession and the overall game-play right until the final 20 minutes, Allegri's move with Matri just handed over the victory. What a fail, and what a poor understanding of the game played.

Top? Hard to tell, one of Abbiati and Bonera would be my final pick, with Bonera ending up as the frontrunner.

Flop? Matri - as a tragic gamechanger in an unlike (or rather evident) way, Balotelli, who went from anonymous to dangerous and then frustratingly powerless, Muntari who once again proved not Milan worthy with his behavior, Poli with that unbelievable miss. Constant was very bad, but luckily got subbed off by a very mediocre Emanuelson who let much space for Inter in the final 15 minutes, while his attacks usually ended up as a kind of a set up for Inter's counterstrike. In the end, my pick goes to Matri.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Danny
post Dec 22 2013, 11:48 PM
Post #2

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Dec 22 2013, 10:39 PM) *
Another embarrassment Allegri put us through. Even if we controlled possession and the overall game-play right until the final 20 minutes, Allegri's move with Matri just handed over the victory. What a fail, and what a poor understanding of the game played.

Top? Hard to tell, one of Abbiati and Bonera would be my final pick, with Bonera ending up as the frontrunner.

Flop? Matri - as a tragic gamechanger in an unlike (or rather evident) way, Balotelli, who went from anonymous to dangerous and then frustratingly powerless, Muntari who once again proved not Milan worthy with his behavior, Poli with that unbelievable miss. Constant was very bad, but luckily got subbed off by a very mediocre Emanuelson who let much space for Inter in the final 15 minutes, while his attacks usually ended up as a kind of a set up for Inter's counterstrike. In the end, my pick goes to Matri.

Hadn't read your post when I made my votes. Like you say, Allegri botched this one dreadfully with that sub/tactical switch.

Flop: DS - I didn't think he was horrendous, but I thought he was our worst player - I thought we overall played fairly well so this is not a vicious attack at him. He just wasn't very good imo.

Top: Bonera got it - but Poli worked very hard and Kaka also tried gamely. But Bonera justified his selection again by being pretty imperious.

I understand your Matri choice but it wasn't his fault - he simply shouldn't have been put on. I'm not going to blame him for Allegri ruining the match by putting him on under the wrong circumstances.

Allegri: Go. Had it in his hand then threw it away with a horrible tactical mistake.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 23 2013, 12:01 AM
Post #3

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

Top - Bonera. Saponara close.

Flop - Balotelli. Awful, awful game. Didn't do one single thing right.

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Dec 23 2013, 12:08 AM
Post #4

CrAzY EyeS

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,723

I mixed up my FLOP & MOTM. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Flop: Constant
MOTM: Saponara

Should GO!

+Quote Post

Danny
post Dec 23 2013, 12:35 AM
Post #5

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 22 2013, 11:01 PM) *
Flop - Balotelli. Awful, awful game. Didn't do one single thing right.

Thought Balo had some good moments, and some dreadful ones. Mixed night imo.

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Dec 23 2013, 12:46 AM
Post #6

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,388

QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Dec 22 2013, 06:08 PM) *
I mixed up my FLOP & MOTM. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Flop: Constant
MOTM: Saponara

Should GO!

Can someone please correct this vote? He meant Constant flop and Saponara MOM, but voted the other way around!

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Dec 23 2013, 12:46 AM
Post #7

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,388

Bonera
Balo
OUT!

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Dec 23 2013, 01:47 AM
Post #8

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (KillerMax @ Dec 23 2013, 01:46 AM) *
Bonera
Balo
OUT!

This.

Matri as flop Fillipo? He barely played 15 minutes. Yet did twice as much running as Balotelli. Balo just let their defenders come forward with the ball at win and then did nothing with it himself.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Dec 23 2013, 07:56 AM
Post #9

Primavera
Group Icon

Twice as much running? Maybe, but Balotelli was tactically a necessity. Matri's running came to nothing, in fact, players like Jesus or Rolando started to move forward as well. His entrence was a disaster and makes me wonder why the hell Pippo retired because that's how he would play in his final days - except he'd score, like always.

I am aware that Matri played only 15 minutes. But he changed the course of things. Prior to his entrance Milan pressured Inter and had more possession.

I think Balotelli overall had his ups and downs. I'm not prepared to say he was a total flop, because he was still the most dangerous man in our attack, and that's something Matri could have only dreamed of.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Dec 23 2013, 07:56 AM
Post #10

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (KillerMax @ Dec 23 2013, 02:46 AM) *
Can someone please correct this vote? He meant Constant flop and Saponara MOM, but voted the other way around!

No problem, done (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Danny
post Dec 23 2013, 10:44 AM
Post #11

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Dec 23 2013, 06:56 AM) *
I am aware that Matri played only 15 minutes. But he changed the course of things. Prior to his entrance Milan pressured Inter and had more possession.

Wasn't his fault though. He wasn't the flop, Allegri was - he ruined the shape with the wrong sub at the wrong time.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Dec 23 2013, 01:54 PM
Post #12

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

Bonera / Balotelli / GTFO.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 23 2013, 03:21 PM
Post #13

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

Flop for me has to go to Zapata. Muntari was his usual level of bad and stupid, but Zapata, he technically speaking would have gifted a penalty to Inter had the ref not decided to give us an early xmas gift and made another couple of totally idiotic errors

MoM: Hmm, Bonera/Poli/ Sapo were the standouts for me personally, will give it to Bonera as I've been harsh on him, but seriously, him and Zapata cannot be on the pitch together, Mexes cannot be dropped for these 2 mistake prone players

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 23 2013, 03:34 PM
Post #14

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 23 2013, 05:21 PM) *
Flop for me has to go to Zapata. Muntari was his usual level of bad and stupid, but Zapata, he technically speaking would have gifted a penalty to Inter had the ref not decided to give us an early xmas gift and made another couple of totally idiotic errors

Bro, you know I despise Muntari just as much you do, but last night he wasn't terrible. He was decent, won a lot of balls and didn't waste them as much as he usually does. I'd give him a 6.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Dec 23 2013, 04:07 PM
Post #15

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 23 2013, 02:34 PM) *
Bro, you know I despise Muntari just as much you do, but last night he wasn't terrible. He was decent, won a lot of balls and didn't waste them as much as he usually does. I'd give him a 6.

Quite, he had a fair match - just had 2 really bad moments of indiscipline.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 10:14 PM