Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Any Rangers fans here :)

Danny
post Aug 14 2009, 11:51 AM
Post #1

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

Just curious if there are any fellow bluenoses around these parts...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

nuh
post Aug 14 2009, 02:50 PM
Post #2

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 1,284

i don't really follow them much but i do have a soft spot for them...i do love their fan support though

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Aug 14 2009, 02:56 PM
Post #3

Token Girl
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,800

Fishdoll is a Celtic fan, sadly.

But he likes Walter Smith!

+Quote Post

nuh
post Aug 14 2009, 03:10 PM
Post #4

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 1,284

lol i dunno i think celtic will do bad this year with their new manager...also as their manager being the old west brom manager

+Quote Post

dst
post Aug 14 2009, 04:18 PM
Post #5

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

Welcome! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I'm not a Rangers fan and actually... well, the latest images your club gave me were not very positive I'd say, I last watched them play in the '07-'08 edition of the UEFA Cup...

It seems that you've met fishdoll... well you will also meet pirates, polar bears, Englishmen and other creatures...

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Aug 14 2009, 06:09 PM
Post #6

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

Celtic all the way. I can't help but dislike the term bluenose, it just reminds me of them lot down the road. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/puke.gif)

Oh, and thanks for Carlos. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

This post has been edited by kurtsimonw: Aug 14 2009, 06:10 PM

+Quote Post

Locke Lamora
post Aug 15 2009, 10:05 PM
Post #7

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,499

QUOTE (dst @ Aug 14 2009, 05:18 PM) *
Welcome! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I'm not a Rangers fan and actually... well, the latest images your club gave me were not very positive I'd say, I last watched them play in the '07-'08 edition of the UEFA Cup...

It seems that you've met fishdoll... well you will also meet pirates, polar bears, Englishmen and other creatures...

You couldn't be slightly imaginative for once?

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Aug 15 2009, 10:32 PM
Post #8

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

Did dst just refer to Englishmen as creatures? How did I miss that!? You *******.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 17 2009, 02:53 PM
Post #9

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Tennie @ Aug 14 2009, 02:56 PM) *
Fishdoll is a Celtic fan, sadly.

And there was me thinking he was into football (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

But he likes Walter Smith!

He's redeemed himself (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 17 2009, 02:56 PM
Post #10

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (dst @ Aug 14 2009, 04:18 PM) *

Every football team has its bad elements. I've seen Ultras clashing with riot police at the San Siro, Roma fans battling Utd all over Europe, Turkish fans stabbing Leeds supporters, Celtic fans glorifying Irish terrorist organisations...everything. The few idiots in Manchester were not true Rangers fans.

The whole Fishdoll thing has me baffled. The rest of your statement is slightly confusing too (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 17 2009, 02:58 PM
Post #11

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 14 2009, 06:09 PM) *
Celtic all the way. I can't help but dislike the term bluenose, it just reminds me of them lot down the road. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/puke.gif)

I assume you mean the team former Rangers players Barry Ferguson, Gregory Vignal, and ex manager Alex McLeish currently reside at (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Oh, and thanks for Carlos. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

You're welcome - how's his whole 'playing for Spain' thing going (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Aug 17 2009, 03:00 PM
Post #12

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

Fishdoll imagines you'll meat the pirates, polar bears, and other creatures in due course (you've already met one of the Englishmen). (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Fishdoll wonders though: what do you make of the whole Barry Ferguson drunken-party-followed-by-V-sign thing?

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 17 2009, 03:05 PM
Post #13

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Tennie @ Aug 17 2009, 03:00 PM) *
Fishdoll imagines you'll meat the pirates, polar bears, and other creatures in due course (you've already met one of the Englishmen). (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Fishdoll wonders though: what do you make of the whole Barry Ferguson drunken-party-followed-by-V-sign thing?

Otherwise known as 'Boozegate', essentially he (then the club captain) spent all night drinking late with goalkeeper Allan McGregor when they were on duty with Scotland. Other players in the national camp had had the sense to call it a night early on but these two idiots stayed up, and when they were dropped to the bench for the following match against Iceland when the national manager George Burley caught them, their club manager Walter Smith told them both to keep their heads down, so what did they do?

They throw v signs at the cameras.

Complete fools, and Ferguson's days were numbered at Ibrox after that - he says the biggest mistake he ever made was not offering his apologies to Walter Smith. Instead he did nothing and got called in by him instead.

He's gone to Birmingham now, and I wish him the best - he gave plenty to Rangers and I choose to remember the positive.

I suppose the worst punishment for him is that so many in the game will remember him for that stupid episode, and not his playing career.

A bit like many remember Zidane for the headbutt and not his football.

+Quote Post

dst
post Aug 17 2009, 03:25 PM
Post #14

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 17 2009, 04:56 PM) *
Every football team has its bad elements. I've seen Ultras clashing with riot police at the San Siro, Roma fans battling Utd all over Europe, Turkish fans stabbing Leeds supporters, Celtic fans glorifying Irish terrorist organisations...everything. The few idiots in Manchester were not true Rangers fans.

I have no idea what you're talking about and I would not judge a club based on what some idiots do outside a stadium. I'm talking on the field... I'm sorry to say that (not that you give a damn about what I think I'm just saying... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) ) but I believe that that Rangers was the worst team I've ever seen in a European final. It was not just defensive football you were playing all along (I've seen a lot of that), it was bad, bad football.

Other than that I like your team more because Gattuso played for you. Which is another reason for Kurt not to like your team...

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 17 2009, 04:47 PM
Post #15

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (dst @ Aug 17 2009, 03:25 PM) *
I have no idea what you're talking about and I would not judge a club based on what some idiots do outside a stadium. I'm talking on the field...

You said 'images' - that sorta said 'news images on the TV and press coverage' to me.
Just a language thing (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I'm sorry to say that (not that you give a damn about what I think I'm just saying... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) ) but I believe that that Rangers was the worst team I've ever seen in a European final. It was not just defensive football you were playing all along (I've seen a lot of that), it was bad, bad football.

Bad bad football doesn't get teams to European finals.

We beat Fiorentina, Werder Bremen, Sporting, Stuttgart and Lyon that season. At the end of the day we didn't play especially well in the final, and were deservedly beaten by the better side, but winning football got us to the final. You just can't fluke your way there.

Other than that I like your team more because Gattuso played for you.

He considers Walter Smith the biggest influence in his career. I met Rino when he was at Rangers - so unbelievably shy - he's certainly changed.

Which is another reason for Kurt not to like your team...

I'm sure I'll meet Kurt in due course (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:58 PM