Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 13/05/07 - Serie A - Catania v Milan

misha
post May 11 2007, 02:43 PM
Post #31

Allievi Regionali B

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 787

I think it would be better to play with almost the same players who gonna play in the final and after that they will have 10 days to rest and get ready.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

dst
post May 11 2007, 04:36 PM
Post #32

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

Bonera demands Milan win
Friday 11 May, 2007

Daniele Bonera has called on his Milan teammates to beat Catania this weekend so that they can prepare properly for the Champions League Final.

The two teams meet on Sunday and the stopper is eager for the club to net the three points which would assure them of a top four finish this season.

“It will be a difficult match,” said Bonera to Milan Channel. “However, we want to win it so that we can put the championship behind us by netting a Champions League place for next season.

“It would be harmful for us to go into such an important game as the Champions League Final by still having to think about our domestic campaign.”

This weekend’s clash will take place at the neutral ground of Bologna’s Stadio Dall’Ara, however a recent ruling means that fans will be able to attend the game.

“I’m happy that we will be able to play in front of fans as that adds another incentive for us,” he continued.

“Catania are going through a bad patch even if they have played some good matches lately. I’m sorry for Catania, but we must win the game.”

Bonera joined the club in the summer after four years at Parma and is looking forward to appearing in his first European Cup Final against Liverpool.

“I am sure it will be an amazing experience for me because before being a Milan player, I am a Milan fan,” added the 25-year-old. “I have only seen such Finals on TV before…”

channel4

That's the spirit! We MUST win this game!! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

misha
post May 11 2007, 05:07 PM
Post #33

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 787

Channel 4 preview: Catania - Milan

Stadio Dall'Ara, Bologna

Catania go into Week 36 in the knowledge that three points will probably be enough to ensure their Serie A safety and will do all they can to get them against Milan at the Stadio Dall’Ara. And with the Rossoneri already having one eye on the Champions League Final against Liverpool, the Sicilians may have a great chance.

Catania have had a bit of a struggle getting out of the relegation zone recently while Milan have been enjoying a good run of results. In Week 35 the Rossazzuri were defeated by Empoli 2-1 but deserved at least a point. Milan were stopped by Fiorentina at 0-0, but missed a penalty and had a decent display.

The Islanders are ninth from bottom, but three points away from Siena which means they are not safe yet. The Milanese giants are fourth and very close to qualifying for the Champions League.

Coach Pasquale Marino is set to reconfirm a 4-3-3 formation. Andrea Sottil will play centrally in defence while Peruvian man Jorge Vargas will cover the left. Fabio Caserta will probably be available for the game and should play next to Mark Edusei and Davide Baiocco. Argentine youngster Mariano Izco will form the trident with Gionatha Spinesi and Giuseppe Mascara.

Coach Carlo Ancelotti is happy with his team and will give a chance to several players who have been out during this season. Once again, Marcos Cafu and Giuseppe Favalli should be preferred to Massimo Oddo and Marek Jankulovski.

Former Rangers ace Gennaro Gattuso may start from the bench, which means Yoann Gourcuff will be included in the starting XI. Catania will be desperate for the points, so Ancelotti may decide not to risk Kaka. Ricardo Oliveira and Clarence Seedorf should then play behind Filippo Inzaghi. Ronaldo is still out injured.

Man on fire: Giuseppe Mascara (Catania) – ‘Topolinick’ must contribute to his club’s survival hopes. His teammate Gionatha Spinesi is doing a lot on his own, but Catania need Mascara’s input.

Last season: Not played

Form guide: Catania (L D W D L) Milan (W W W W D)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Catania (probable): Pantanelli; Silvestri, Sottil, Stovini, Vargas; Baiocco, Edusei, Caserta; Izco, Spinesi, Mascara

Milan (probable): Dida; Cafu, Nesta, Kaladze, Favalli; Ambrosini, Brocchi, Gourcuff; Seedorf, Oliveira; F.Inzaghi

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 11 2007, 05:26 PM
Post #34

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (mishale @ May 11 2007, 01:43 PM)
I think it would be better to play with almost the same players who gonna play in the final and after that they will have 10 days to rest and get ready.

I agree, and besides I don't think they will have to exert so much energy against Catania, they are not exactly a very defensive side and are cut open quite easily.

And besides we're not playing a game every 3 days atm so playing again today won't be much of a difference and then we could give them does 10 days rest as you said and play a whole different 11 to the one that will play for the final against Udinese.

Just get those 3 points, seal CL football for next season and start to concentrate completely on the final.

I would put out this team again Catania.

Oddo--Nesta--Kala/Bonera--Janku
------Rino----Pirlo----Gourcuff------
-----------Kaka--Seedorf------------
--------------Pippo/Gila--------------

I put Yoann in the mdfield instead of Ambro because a game like this is ideal for him to get a start and play a bit and also I wouldn't risk Ambro since he can get injured quite easily

+Quote Post

dst
post May 11 2007, 07:17 PM
Post #35

Primavera
Group Icon

What han said.

+Quote Post

arivanjj
post May 12 2007, 12:20 AM
Post #36

7th Heaven

Member No.: 821

Serie A Preview: Catania-Milan

BACKGROUND

Catania have not fared well since the disastrous violence in the Sicilian derby against Palermo back in February, which resulted in the abandonment of the match and ultimately the death of a police officer outside of the stadium. The Rossazzuri have attained a mere seven points from the thirteen matches since that fateful day.

While they have struggled to score, they have also shipped goals at an enormous rate (13 goals scored, 28 allowed). This places them dangerously close to the relegation zone, with just three points separating the Sicilians from third-from-bottom Ascoli.

Milan must be pleased with their positioning in the Serie A table, however. The initial stated-goal at the beginning of the season was for a top-four finish, thereby giving them Champions League football next season. And a top-four finish they shall have. With seven points in between the Rossoneri and fifth-place Empoli, they can feel quite assured of being able to participate in the competition for club football’s top prize next term.

But the 2007-08 edition of the Champions League is far from their minds at this point. In less than two weeks time, Milan will be seeking vindication for the monumental collapse against Liverpool of two seasons ago in Istanbul, Turkey (I need not remind you, do I? If so, goal.com has plenty of information regarding this past event). That loss has preyed on their minds ever since, and only victory over Liverpool this time around will give them a respite from the torment of that night.

The name of the game for the rest of the domestic campaign is to play well, but to also remain healthy ahead of the May 23 showdown in Athens, Greece. Therefore, not all of the first-choice players will be fielded in this match.

CURRENT FORM

Catania (37 points, 12th place in Serie A)

Last three results

4/29 Udinese 0-1 Catania

5/2 Catania 3-3 Ascoli

5/6 Empoli 2-1 Catania

Milan (60 points, 3rd place in Serie A)

Last three results

4/21 Milan 3-1 Cagliari

4/28 Torino 0-1 Milan

5/6 Milan 0-0 Fiorentina

TEAM NEWS

Catania do not have any major injury concerns. They may field a 4-3-3 formation, because winning this match would nearly guarantee safety from relegation.

Milan will rest several key players such as Paolo Maldini and possibly Gennaro Gattuso. Striker Ronaldo is out for the rest of the season with a thigh strain.

PLAYERS TO WATCH

Gionatha Spinesi (Catania) – He has been the only consistent scoring threat this season, and will be relied upon to do most of the work up front.

Clarence Seedorf (Milan) – As Kakà may not be risked in this match, the attacking onus would then fall on Seedorf. Given the manner in which he has performed recently, he should be up to the task.

POSSIBLE STARTING XI’s

Catania (4-3-3): Pantanelli; Silvestri, Stovini, Cesar, Vargas; Baiocco, Edusei, Caserta; Izco, Spinesi, Mascara

Milan (4-3-2-1): Dida; Cafu, Nesta, Kaladze, Jankulovski; Brocchi, Pirlo, Ambrosini; Gourcuff, Seedorf; Oliveira

PREDICTION

Both sides will attack, of course, but with the chance of Kakà being rested by Milan and the lack of a true playmaker for Catania, the goals will not flow. Nevertheless, there should be real moments of brilliance and attacking flair, with the visitors giving the home side all they can handle.

Catania 1-2 Milan

Joel Whitehead

goal.com

+Quote Post

bigmacmtl
post May 12 2007, 04:12 AM
Post #37

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,592

QUOTE (mishale @ May 11 2007, 08:43 AM)

i wouldnt, cuz we cant risk any injuries. if it was up to me kaka wont start anymore games (come on as a sub when we need him)

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post May 12 2007, 09:52 AM
Post #38

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

I think Kaka will start this one, Carlo wont rest players, since the final is 10 days from now, enough room to recuperate.

+Quote Post

dst
post May 12 2007, 03:23 PM
Post #39

Primavera
Group Icon

WE WILL CLOSE THE ACCOUNT

(Ancelotti press conference on acmilan.com)

Carlo Ancelotti reveals that Paolo Maldini will play against Catania in Bologna while Massimo Ambrosini sits out. The coach also remembers six-year-old Michael Vigna, a great Milan fan, who passed away in a tragic autobus accident

Highlights:

'Ambrosini is fine enough but won't be risked tomorrow, all the others including Maldini are fine, he trained all week and I think he will play tomorrow.'

'Ronaldo started to run yesterday, straight running, I don't think he will be available for the upcoming games.'

'Milan will play with two attackers and an attacking midfielder tomorrow. Gilardino or Inzaghi will play. Gourcuff will play instead of Ambrosini.'

'Shevchenko? Galliani spoke clearly although it's a difficult operation even if Milan will do everything possible for his return.'

'Ribery? I like him, he's a very dynamic player, he had a great World Cup, but I haven't spoken to the club about the transfer market yet (laughs)'

I want to see some Gourcuff magic tomorrow! Out of all the players mentioned I'd easily pick Ribery!

+Quote Post

jefri91
post May 12 2007, 05:09 PM
Post #40

"Durgle The Turtle"

Member No.: 3,402

3-1 for us or 2-1 cuz theres no R99

+Quote Post

Darunia
post May 12 2007, 06:08 PM
Post #41

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,240

Maldini will start, but no Ambrosini.

Probably see something like this

Dida
Oddo Nesta Maldini Jankulovski
Gattuso Pirlo Gourcuff
Kaka Seedorf
Gilardino

+Quote Post

Tennie
post May 12 2007, 06:18 PM
Post #42

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

Call-ups:

MILAN SQUAD FOR CATANIA GAME
5/12/2007
GOALKEEPERS: Dida, Kalac, Storari;
DEFENDERS: Bonera, Cafu, Favalli, Jankulovski, Kaladze, Maldini, Nesta, Oddo;
MIDFIELDERS: Brocchi, Gattuso, Gourcuff, Kakà, Pirlo, Seedorf;
STRIKERS: Gilardino, Inzaghi, Ricardo Oliveira

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 12 2007, 06:25 PM
Post #43

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Darunia @ May 12 2007, 05:08 PM)
Maldini will start, but no Ambrosini.

Probably see something like this

Dida
Oddo Nesta Maldini Jankulovski
Gattuso Pirlo Gourcuff
Kaka Seedorf
Gilardino

Carlo said it will be 2 strikers and a trequartista

So most probably we will see this one

Oddo--Nesta--Maldini--Janku
---Rino---Pirlo---Gourcuff----
-------------Kaka--------------
-----Gilardino--Oliveira-------

Maybe either one of Pirlo, Kaka or Rino for Seedorf

+Quote Post

whoarethepatriot...
post May 12 2007, 07:03 PM
Post #44

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 782

Im pretty sure Carlo said Kaka wont play, he said seedorf will be trequartista and we will play 2 strikers, either inzaghi or gila not both, so i guess Olivera will be the other strike partner

+Quote Post

jefri91
post May 12 2007, 07:40 PM
Post #45

"Durgle The Turtle"

Member No.: 3,402

-------------Dida--------------
Oddo--Nesta--Maldini--Janku
---Rino------Pirlo---Gourcuff----
------------Seedorf--------------
-----Gilardino--Oliveira-------

This is what I think it will be ... who knows (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:23 PM