Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kenyon: Sheva and Ballack Going Nowhere, No Milan return for Sheva?

kurtsimonw
post May 20 2007, 12:59 PM
Post #1

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

Chelsea rule out sale of duo

Michael Ballack and Andrei Shevchenko will not be sold this summer, according to Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon.

Neither player has justified the hype which accompanied their arrival last year but Chelsea do not envisage cutting the pair, and nor do they expect wholesale changes during the close-season.

Kenyon has ruled out The Blues making any 'big-name signings', although three or four players could be drafted in.

"It's not going to happen [selling Shevchenko and Ballack]. We brought both these players in for three and four years, we didn't bring them in for a season and we knew full well what their capabilities are and their prospects," Kenyon told BBC Five Live.

Injury meant both players were absent from the team which beat Manchester United in the FA Cup final on Saturday, but Kenyon believes Shevchenko - a reported target for former club Milan - and Ballack have long-term futures at Stamford Bridge.

"I'm confident they're going to be here as big players with Chelsea next season.

"They feel they have a lot more to give. It takes time to settle in. They're two fantastic professionals and I think it's an exciting prospect to see those two guys on top of their game for us next season."

Kenyon revealed Chelsea's shopping list will include a defender, midfielder and striker.

"I think we're in the region of moving three out and bringing three or four in.

"I don't think we'll have big-name signings because I don't think we need it. We're looking for some cover for central defence, midfield and a striker."

Following the Wembley win over United, Chelsea's focus is now on securing the futures of John Terry and Frank Lampard.

Reports emanating from the Chelsea camp prior to the weekend suggested the pair had become disillusioned by their current contract status and Kenyon believes it would be 'the sooner the better' for The Blues to finalise the pair's future.

"We want Frank to stay, Frank said yesterday he wants to stay and that is clearly a great benefit for getting a contract finalised," Kenyon added.

"Now the season is over, hopefully we can concentrate and get that one done pretty quickly.

"You can never be 100 per cent, but the percentage goes up when both parties want the deal to be done.

"Clearly both of us do, so that is a big effort to get that one closed off - and quickly.

"For all parties, it would be the sooner the better.

"Now we will be concentrating on getting those contracts put to bed, and John Terry and Frank Lampard starting back with us for pre-season training on 9th July."

Sky Sports

Doesn't surprise me all this Chelsea news today. Now that their season is over.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post May 20 2007, 04:35 PM
Post #2

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

Fair enough ... I don't think this has anything to do with Milan though (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

In any case, if Milan was to bring in Sheva; it would be a loan deal, not a transfer (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post May 20 2007, 04:37 PM
Post #3

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 20 2007, 03:35 PM)
Fair enough ... I don't think this has anything to do with Milan though  (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

In any case, if Milan was to bring in Sheva; it would be a loan deal, not a transfer (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

Nah, I wasn't sure where exactly to post it. On News or in the EPL Football Discussion.

I just put it here because we were linked with him.

+Quote Post

Milan Are Brilli...
post May 20 2007, 06:02 PM
Post #4

Berretti
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 90

We will see...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:00 PM