Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Milan target Hildebrand

arivanjj
post Dec 21 2006, 12:19 PM
Post #1

7th Heaven

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 821

Milan have eyed Stuttgart goalkeeper Timo Hildebrand as a possible replacement for Nelson Dida.

The Rossoneri are searching for a new man between the posts, as the injured Brazilian has yet to renew his contract, which currently expires next June.

The Via Turati outfit have been recently paired with Livorno man Marco Amelia and River Plate goalkeeper Juan Pablo Carrizo, but the German is now the latest custodian to be linked with the Italian giants.

Hildebrand’s deal with the Bundesliga side also expires in June and he has started negotiations with the club to renew the agreement, although he does not seem keen on remaining in Stuttgart.

“Timo hasn’t decided if he will accept our offer or not. We will respect his decision and we will start making plans for the future,” said the club’s sporting director Horst Heldt.

“We do not intend to schedule any other meetings and we will immediately start looking for other candidates for that role,” he added.

The 27-year-old Hildebrand landed in Stuttgart 12 years ago, making his debut in the Bundesliga in 1999 and playing over 200 league matches since then.

He achieved a record of 855 goalless minutes with his club between 2003 and 2004 and was also part of the squad who appeared in the World Cup, although he was forced to leave the spot to Jens Lehmann and Oliver Kahn

The goalkeeper is also a reported target for Hamburg, and Milan may therefore decide to make a move as early as January in order to field him in the Champions League, if Dida were not to recover from his knee injury quickly.

Channel4
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Portman
post Dec 21 2006, 01:46 PM
Post #2

Berretti

Member No.: 347

When I saw that new in the portuguese papers (Hildebrand rejects Stuttgart offer) I was wondering "What the hell... he can...".

But they say he'll possibly join Valencia. Well, that doesn't make sense as Valencia is renewing with Canizares until 2009.

It's a possibility. I've always admired Hildebrand. Would a really good substitute if Dida decides to leave.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 21 2006, 04:00 PM
Post #3

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

YES! Hildebrand is one of favourite goalies, he'll be a great replacement to Nelson if he decides to leave.

+Quote Post

Portman
post Dec 21 2006, 04:56 PM
Post #4

Berretti

Member No.: 347

And everybody knows Galliani love freebies... usually by June. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Kahn have contract with Bayern until when? I mean, I'm saying this 'cause he could sub him there... dunno.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Dec 21 2006, 05:07 PM
Post #5

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

I wont believe anything till it's official !

We never know

+Quote Post

agenth
post Dec 21 2006, 10:18 PM
Post #6

Kaka's fangirl, and proud =]

Member No.: 2,687

?!?!?!?

hildebrand certainly isn't milan material.
I think Rensing (Bayerns 2nd goalie) is a much better talent

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Dec 21 2006, 10:24 PM
Post #7

Insert cool title here<--
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,792

QUOTE (mchanna @ Dec 21 2006, 10:18 PM)
?!?!?!?

hildebrand certainly isn't milan material.
I think Rensing (Bayerns 2nd goalie) is a much better talent

I think so as well. Hildebrand is not a first class GK. He's not tall enough, produces too much goofs and so on.... Rensing is 5 years younger and much more talented.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 22 2006, 02:37 AM
Post #8

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (LaPalma @ Dec 21 2006, 10:24 PM)
I think so as well. Hildebrand is not a first class GK. He's not tall enough, produces too much goofs and so on.... Rensing is 5 years younger and much more talented.

NO! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 05:00 PM