han2503
post May 25 2021, 09:04 PM
Post #1

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

I think we need a fresh start here.

We're back in the CL. There are some glaringly obvious holes that need to be filled in the squad

It's going to be an exciting summer. So what do you guys think should be the first moves to be made by the management?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 25 2021, 10:48 PM
Post #2

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

My current wish list:

In case Hakan doesn't renew, sign De Paul. Maybe there are better options out there, but I can't think of a great AM that we can afford, and De Paul at least has Serie A experience. Plus I've always admired his combative spirit.

For the left wing, I want Depay. I read that with Aguero's signing and Koeman's possible sacking he's not a Barca objective anymore. He's a free agent, and his wage demands are within our range (I read he was going to earn 5M or something at Barca).

For the right wing, a bit controversial, but I'd like Berardi. He's a player I've always admired, and he just had a great season (17 goals and 8 assists). Another player I really like is Politano. Very, very underrated IMO. Obviously if better options present themselves then by all means go for it.

For the striker, we could either go for the obvious choices (Belotti, Vlahovic), or maybe sign a cheap option (I remember us being interested in Celtic's Edouard a few months ago), and then sign a marquee striker next season after Ibra retires.

This post has been edited by X-Offender: May 25 2021, 10:51 PM

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 26 2021, 12:15 PM
Post #3

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 25 2021, 10:48 PM) *
My current wish list:

In case Hakan doesn't renew, sign De Paul. Maybe there are better options out there, but I can't think of a great AM that we can afford, and De Paul at least has Serie A experience. Plus I've always admired his combative spirit.

For the left wing, I want Depay. I read that with Aguero's signing and Koeman's possible sacking he's not a Barca objective anymore. He's a free agent, and his wage demands are within our range (I read he was going to earn 5M or something at Barca).

For the right wing, a bit controversial, but I'd like Berardi. He's a player I've always admired, and he just had a great season (17 goals and 8 assists). Another player I really like is Politano. Very, very underrated IMO. Obviously if better options present themselves then by all means go for it.

For the striker, we could either go for the obvious choices (Belotti, Vlahovic), or maybe sign a cheap option (I remember us being interested in Celtic's Edouard a few months ago), and then sign a marquee striker next season after Ibra retires.

Hakan is 99% out from what I'm reading. De Paul would be great but Udine are asking close to 40m for him... Not sure here. It's a lot of money and I don't know if our budget wold allow for it

Belotti or Vlahovic would both be great. Vlahovic imo would be the ideal signing. He has the time to understudy Ibra for a season. And it would relieve him of some of the pressure that the high transfer fee would put on him if he's not immediately pushed into being our main CF. But again, Fiorentina will want an arm and a leg for him. Belotti is someone I've always like but he's almost 28 and wasted too much time at Toro. The same can be said for Berardi tbh. Both have high probability of failing

I think for RW we have to look at explosive players who are quick and creative. I don't think there's anyone in Serie A who fits that bill tbh.

What do you guys think about Muriel and Zapata from Atalanta? Muriel has been amazing all season. Mostly coming off the bench. He's quick, skilful and can play LW and ST. Would be a cheaper version of Depay. And Zapata imo would be a perfect replacement for Zlatan

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 26 2021, 03:04 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (han2503 @ May 26 2021, 12:15 PM) *
What do you guys think about Muriel and Zapata from Atalanta? Muriel has been amazing all season. Mostly coming off the bench. He's quick, skilful and can play LW and ST. Would be a cheaper version of Depay. And Zapata imo would be a perfect replacement for Zlatan

I like them both, but they're both 30. Besides, Muriel is more of a second striker. Yes, he can drift wide as well, but in a 4-2-3-1 you need energetic players who can backtrack in midfield all the time. I don't think Muriel can do that. As CF yes, definitely. Same for Zapata. But again, they're 30. I'd rather go for someone who can offer at least 4-5 years of top football.

The rumours around Giroud are becoming very persistent. I hope it's all BS because he's an insanely crap player whom I've never rated. His stats are appalling, and he's 35. Please Paolo, don't make the mistake.

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post May 26 2021, 07:05 PM
Post #5

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,873

Don't know if the right thread but conte leaves inter. So this is the financial impact which can be seen. I think there was an article which said inter get like 60 something million from tv rights as league winners and as compared with England sheffield united the 20th place team got 104 million

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 26 2021, 08:05 PM
Post #6

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 26 2021, 03:04 PM) *
I like them both, but they're both 30. Besides, Muriel is more of a second striker. Yes, he can drift wide as well, but in a 4-2-3-1 you need energetic players who can backtrack in midfield all the time. I don't think Muriel can do that. As CF yes, definitely. Same for Zapata. But again, they're 30. I'd rather go for someone who can offer at least 4-5 years of top football.

The rumours around Giroud are becoming very persistent. I hope it's all BS because he's an insanely crap player whom I've never rated. His stats are appalling, and he's 35. Please Paolo, don't make the mistake.

Wow, didn't know they were that old. Please disregard

Yeah. It's looking like Giroud is almost done. Disappointing to say the least. My main though here is they want someone similar to Zlatan but won't step on any feet. Obviously Giroud is a very poor man's Zlatan but he can do the basic essentials of what's needed in that CF position in our system. My thinking here is they probably want to put off spending big money on a CF until next summer. Especially with both Vlahovic and Belotti possibly becoming free agents...

Let's say we have a 150m budget. We already need to set aside 45m of that for Tonali and Tomori.

I'd extend Dias' deal for another year long loan with a possible buy option. We should do what we can to keep him at a good price imo

We still have some glaring holes to fill. Mainly AM, and RW. Plus we need proper rotation options that are not Krunic and Kalulu if we're seriou about CL next season and not embarrassing ourselves. Plus remaining competitive in the league

Dalot and Meite are going back to their teams. Imo, we need a proper RB and LB cover. We can't keep running Theo and Calabria into the ground. We need a replacement for Romagnoli who could be leaving as well. We need a proper cover player for Kessie and maybe another winger

We have lots of areas that need work. So I can see the logic in pushing the striker issue to the following summer while we still have Ibra tbh

QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ May 26 2021, 07:05 PM) *
Don't know if the right thread but conte leaves inter. So this is the financial impact which can be seen. I think there was an article which said inter get like 60 something million from tv rights as league winners and as compared with England sheffield united the 20th place team got 104 million

Huge blow for the league in general imo

This is why I was pro super league. And cannot with the English fans who condemned it. English clubs are at a huge advantage over their, Spanish and Italian counterparts. Fans in England were protesting, but you didn't hear a peep out of the Spanish and Italian fans. And for good reason. And when I see Neville fake crying about ruining football, when he works for a corporation that helps create this imbalance, I want to bash his punchable face in

On Inter, it's obvious they were simply thinking short term. Especially last summer's signings put them in a huge hole. Conte is someone who is never happy, no matter what. Thinking of just Milan here though. This is a huge opportunity for us. Especially if Pirlo stays at Juve and Inter get Inzaghi

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post May 26 2021, 09:08 PM
Post #7

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

Giroid is Milan's striker for the coming two seasons.

He's coming for free once Chelsea are done with CL final.

Not excited, but he does bring experience which is something the team lacks.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 26 2021, 09:44 PM
Post #8

I only read rumours regarding Giroud. Nothing concrete yet, but it's very likely that he may sign for us.

Reality check: besides being 35, the guy hasn't scored more than 10 goals in the league in one single season in the last 5 years, and in 12 years of professional football (not counting second division appearances), he's scored more than 20 (21) only once in 2012 for Montpelier. Appalling numbers! Why are we even considering this dud? Very disappointed with Paolo if his signing becomes reality.

+Quote Post

William405
post May 27 2021, 01:04 AM
Post #9

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 26 2021, 11:44 PM) *
I only read rumours regarding Giroud. Nothing concrete yet, but it's very likely that he may sign for us.

Reality check: besides being 35, the guy hasn't scored more than 10 goals in the league in one single season in the last 5 years, and in 12 years of professional football (not counting second division appearances), he's scored more than 20 (21) only once in 2012 for Montpelier. Appalling numbers! Why are we even considering this dud? Very disappointed with Paolo if his signing becomes reality.

I think he will be just a rotation player. 3rd option perhaps, he is more than goals, he's good at holding up play and I think he can be a success in Serie A tbh

+Quote Post

William405
post May 27 2021, 01:05 AM
Post #10

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

QUOTE (han2503 @ May 26 2021, 10:05 PM) *
Wow, didn't know they were that old. Please disregard

Yeah. It's looking like Giroud is almost done. Disappointing to say the least. My main though here is they want someone similar to Zlatan but won't step on any feet. Obviously Giroud is a very poor man's Zlatan but he can do the basic essentials of what's needed in that CF position in our system. My thinking here is they probably want to put off spending big money on a CF until next summer. Especially with both Vlahovic and Belotti possibly becoming free agents...

Let's say we have a 150m budget. We already need to set aside 45m of that for Tonali and Tomori.

I'd extend Dias' deal for another year long loan with a possible buy option. We should do what we can to keep him at a good price imo

We still have some glaring holes to fill. Mainly AM, and RW. Plus we need proper rotation options that are not Krunic and Kalulu if we're seriou about CL next season and not embarrassing ourselves. Plus remaining competitive in the league

Dalot and Meite are going back to their teams. Imo, we need a proper RB and LB cover. We can't keep running Theo and Calabria into the ground. We need a replacement for Romagnoli who could be leaving as well. We need a proper cover player for Kessie and maybe another winger

We have lots of areas that need work. So I can see the logic in pushing the striker issue to the following summer while we still have Ibra tbh

Huge blow for the league in general imo

This is why I was pro super league. And cannot with the English fans who condemned it. English clubs are at a huge advantage over their, Spanish and Italian counterparts. Fans in England were protesting, but you didn't hear a peep out of the Spanish and Italian fans. And for good reason. And when I see Neville fake crying about ruining football, when he works for a corporation that helps create this imbalance, I want to bash his punchable face in

On Inter, it's obvious they were simply thinking short term. Especially last summer's signings put them in a huge hole. Conte is someone who is never happy, no matter what. Thinking of just Milan here though. This is a huge opportunity for us. Especially if Pirlo stays at Juve and Inter get Inzaghi

There were rumours that we won't even sign Tonali.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post May 27 2021, 09:21 AM
Post #11

Smoking Bianco

Nesta on a Webcam interview: 'Donnaruma? What he did is disgusting he would have become a flag for Milan. To refuse an 8M salary at the age of 21 is disrespectful, what Maldini did is right. I hope he can return this team to its normalcy.'

Di Marzio: 'The will of this management is clear, they want to give Pioli a highly competitive team for next season's competitions.'

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 27 2021, 12:38 PM
Post #12

Looks like he's going to Juventus.

Link

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post May 27 2021, 05:19 PM
Post #13

Smoking Bianco

PSG are sniffing around Milan, they have their sights locked on Theo.

Hope he remains. But if the club is presented with something substantial, could be a definitive sale.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 27 2021, 08:22 PM
Post #14

The starters are not for sale. Let's change argument.

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 27 2021, 08:41 PM
Post #15

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 27 2021, 08:22 PM) *
The starters are not for sale. Let's change argument.

You've always insisted on this but how can you be sure.

I think if some ridiculous offers came in, everyone is on the table.

I'd only consider hearing offers over 50m for Theo though, anything les and it's not even worth discussing. Leonardo can f@ck right off! He's done us over one too many times now. There won't be an Ibra + Silva type clearance sale happening anytime soon

+Quote Post

52 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:00 PM