Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Berlusconi please sell Milan., online petition

mishie
post Jul 4 2008, 09:23 PM
Post #31

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,072

QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Jul 4 2008, 08:17 PM)
Exactly. Thing is I remember hearing that when Milan did well Silvio's popularity rose and vice versa, so a great Milan should make a great Silvio.

@Mishie, AFAIK Silvio's party is more of a right wing party so joining up with the Italian version of the BNP wouldn't be such a strange thing. Now had Prodi joined up with the same party... (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

And I think you have a point about there not being enough WC players around at the moment. as for the EPL having more money to spend, I can't see it going on for much longer as most clubs are seriously in debt. The bubble has to burst sooner or later (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

I know that Silvio's party is right wing but the coalition with a extreme right wing party is what i meant...as for your comment about the EPL and the bubble bursting i hope so! and so does Platini by the sounds of it with his quote about barring clubs fro the C.L who have excessive debts
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 4 2008, 09:26 PM
Post #32

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Jul 4 2008, 08:17 PM)
Exactly. Thing is I remember hearing that when Milan did well Silvio's popularity rose and vice versa, so a great Milan should make a great Silvio.

@Mishie, AFAIK Silvio's party is more of a right wing party so joining up with the Italian version of the BNP wouldn't be such a strange thing. Now had Prodi joined up with the same party... (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

And I think you have a point about there not being enough WC players around at the moment. as for the EPL having more money to spend, I can't see it going on for much longer as most clubs are seriously in debt. The bubble has to burst sooner or later (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

very true

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Jul 4 2008, 09:28 PM
Post #33

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 558

@R7 - It's not just Italy that is being hit hard, this is a worldwide situation which started in America(sub prime mortgage). Everyone in Europe is being affected in one way or another. Here in England our cost of living has shot right up(and don't even speak about fuel prices (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) ), although I appreciate that Italy has always been a 'poor' country(nothing personal, just my view). Now I can see where you're coming from and normally I would say I agreed with you, but when I see Galliani give dodo a 5 year £4m a year contract then I have to disagree with you. That contract will cost Milan £20m!!!! Now I'm sure you and I could have spent that money far more wisely (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Jul 4 2008, 09:31 PM
Post #34

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (mishie @ Jul 4 2008, 08:23 PM)
I know that Silvio's party is right wing but the coalition with a extreme right wing party is what i meant...as for your comment about the EPL  and the bubble bursting i hope so! and so does Platini by the sounds of it with his quote about barring clubs fro the C.L who have excessive debts

Platini has had some excellent ideas, although they will never come to fruition unfortunately (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) .

It does seem vulgar that in this current climate cubs are willing to spend ridiculous amounts of money on players and then pay them extortionate wages! It's worse when you consider the prices the fans have to pay for tickets.

+Quote Post

mishie
post Jul 4 2008, 09:35 PM
Post #35

Giovanissimi Nazionali

^^^^ but that £20m is spread over 5 years as you said...and the reference about being a "poor" country probably only really applies to the south hence migration to the north for work..hence Juvebtus being the best supported club in Italy. It's a sad scenario now a days that money rules and not just in football in life in general so the gap between the have and have not's is becoming increasingly wider and that is more prelevant in football now a days..i've said this before on several occasions and sorry for boring you all with it again but Sky is to blame for this absurd amount of money in football...£3bn for a 5 year deal to broadcast the EPL is just crazy!

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Jul 4 2008, 09:45 PM
Post #36

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (mishie @ Jul 4 2008, 08:35 PM)
^^^^ but that £20m is spread over 5 years as you said...and the reference about being a "poor" country probably only really applies  to the south hence migration to the north for work..hence Juvebtus being the best supported club in Italy. It's a sad scenario now a days that money rules and not just in football in life in general so the gap between the have and have not's is becoming increasingly wider and that is more prelevant  in football now a days..i've said this before on several occasions and sorry for boring you all with it again but Sky is to blame for this absurd amount of money in football...£3bn for a 5 year deal to broadcast the EPL is just crazy!

£20m is still £20m though!

As for Sky, as much as despise them they do offer a good if expensive service. Plus it is in their interest to hype the EPL up as they have a stake in it. There's no real competition to Sky unfortunately (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 4 2008, 09:47 PM
Post #37

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Jul 4 2008, 08:28 PM)
@R7 - It's not just Italy that is being hit hard, this is a worldwide situation which started in America(sub prime mortgage). Everyone in Europe is being affected in one way or another. Here in England our cost of living has shot right up(and don't even speak about fuel prices (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) ), although I appreciate that Italy has always been a 'poor' country(nothing personal, just my view). Now I can see where you're coming from and normally I would say I agreed with you, but when I see Galliani give dodo a 5 year £4m a year contract then I have to disagree with you. That contract will cost Milan £20m!!!! Now I'm sure you and I could have spent that money far more wisely (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

True. Personally I'm not convined by the whole Italy can't keep up thing since basically all of the world is in this state. And it's not the fact that we don't spend the money it's the fact that it is spent un-wisely, keeping players for sentimental values that have high wages is ridiculous

And Silvio might have to worry about his image and what the people think of him as prime minister, but that it the reason he has resigned as president because of conflict of interest. So Milan making a good signing shouldn't be seen as such a terrible thing since technically Silvio is not involved.

But again, if this is all as you say R7, because of the whole Silvio being prime minister and him not wanting to spend millions on a player while the country is in such a terrible financial state, then why did Milan not make any great signings during these past 2 years before Silvio was re-elected?

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Jul 4 2008, 09:53 PM
Post #38

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Jul 4 2008, 11:28 PM)

(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I know about the subprime mortgage crisis and I am very aware of the situation in the middleeast with the staggering oil prices (if you want to know the reason behind all this, ask GW Bush (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) ) and inflation. As I also know the situation with the EU.

What I am telling han is that there is a world catastrophe going on and Italy is hit real hard by it. They are the 2nd most in debt country in the world on a GDP basis.

About football, Silvio can afford to invest multimillions without even thinking twice, but his situation as the PM has made him take a stance on certain things. Like his conglomerate as a whole isn't making headlines with its acquisitions and what not .. So yes, Milan can afford to give 'dodo 12M/yr' (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) ... And Milan can afford to bring in Ronaldinho and Eto'o at one go ... But the problem lies in the ethical and moral principles; and that is that Silvio has a responsibility towards Italy and its people ..

What I am trying to say is; Milan will reinforce with top class players, they just wont do it with the media coverage that teams like Madrid and Chelsea do ... It will be discrete and this is all I am saying!

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 4 2008, 10:02 PM
Post #39

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jul 4 2008, 08:53 PM)
(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I know about the subprime mortgage crisis and I am very aware of the situation in the middleeast with the staggering oil prices (if you want to know the reason behind all this, ask GW Bush (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) ) and inflation. As I also know the situation with the EU.

What I am telling han is that there is a world catastrophe going on and Italy is hit real hard by it. They are the 2nd most in debt country in the world on a GDP basis.
About football, Silvio can afford to invest multimillions without even thinking twice, but his situation as the PM has made him take a stance on certain things. Like his conglomerate as a whole isn't making headlines with its acquisitions and what not .. So yes, Milan can afford to give 'dodo 12M/yr' (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) ... And Milan can afford to bring in Ronaldinho and Eto'o at one go ... But the problem lies in the ethical and moral principles; and that is that Silvio has a responsibility towards Italy and its people ..
What I am trying to say is; Milan will reinforce with top class players, they just wont do it with the media coverage that teams like Madrid and Chelsea do ... It will be discrete and this is all I am saying!

Personally I'm still skeptical if that is the real reason, prime minister or not, he is still the owner, and he is the billionaire, what he does with his own money imo should not factor much since I don't think the Italians expect him to pay off Italy's dept from his own pocket. Yeah it might look bad on his part to spend a ridiculous ammount of momey on a player for his club, but again, it's his own money.

As for Milan actually making purchases, I'm still hoping they will happen, now if it happens descreately or the Chelsea way I don't care, if it happens I would be more then glad to tell you that you were right.

Again, I'm hoping you're right on this because Milan is in dire need of those world class players.

This post has been edited by han2503: Jul 4 2008, 10:04 PM

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Jul 4 2008, 10:09 PM
Post #40

Smoking Bianco

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 4 2008, 11:47 PM)
True. Personally I'm not convined by the whole Italy can't keep up thing since basically all of the world is in this state. And it's not the fact that we don't spend the money it's the fact that it is spent un-wisely, keeping players for sentimental values that have high wages is ridiculous

And Silvio might have to worry about his image and what the people think of him as prime minister, but that it the reason he has resigned as president because of conflict of interest. So Milan making a good signing shouldn't be seen as such a terrible thing since technically Silvio is not involved.

But again, if this is all as you say R7, because of the whole Silvio being prime minister and him not wanting to spend millions on a player while the country is in such a terrible financial state, then why did Milan not make any great signings during these past 2 years before Silvio was re-elected?

Because the problem started at the turn of the millennium .. The problem in Italy in particular if you ask me is from two areas; export and government spending ... Since the former is the pillar of the Italian economy and is showing grave signs of weakness and the latter is responsible for the 2nd largest debt ratio on the planet (this is not Abramovic's debt of 400MM or the Glazers of 300MM .. This is hardcore debt, placed on Italy by the IMF)!

Why and How come and any query you wish to raise will always be answered by your assumption han. I can never convince you and you (as anyone here) have already formed an opinion on it!

But I can tell you one thing ... That Milan needs to reshuffle it's ranks and that Milan will bring in players, as there are at least two coming in IMO!! But the question is, how will they come?! If you ask me, I would say that they will come from the back door, without too much publicity and without disclosing the actual amount of the transaction.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 4 2008, 10:15 PM
Post #41

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jul 4 2008, 09:09 PM)
Because the problem started at the turn of the millennium .. The problem in Italy in particular if you ask me is from two areas; export and government spending ... Since the former is the pillar of the Italian economy and is showing grave signs of weakness and the latter is responsible for the 2nd largest debt ratio on the planet (this is not Abramovic's debt of 400MM or the Glazers of 300MM .. This is hardcore debt, placed on Italy by the IMF)!
Why and How come and any query you wish to raise will always be answered by your assumption han. I can never convince you and you (as anyone here) have already formed an opinion on it!
But I can tell you one thing ... That Milan needs to reshuffle it's ranks and that Milan will bring in players, as there are at least two coming in IMO!! But the question is, how will they come?!  If you ask me, I would say that they will come from the back door, without too much publicity and without disclosing the actual amount of the transaction.

And hopefull you are right, I personally certainly wish that you are right and if this does happen then I would be more then happy to oblige and say that you were in the right.

And I see you side of things and you make valid points but again I'm still skeptical that this is the real reason why Milan are in this situation, and maybe who know, maybe it's only just part of the reason. Who knows, no one can tell for sure on here since no one knows what is actually going on behind the scenes, We're all just speculating here

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Jul 4 2008, 10:22 PM
Post #42

Smoking Bianco

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 5 2008, 12:15 AM)
And hopefull you are right, I personally certainly wish that you are right and if this does happen then I would be more then happy to oblige and say that you were in the right.

And I see you side of things and you make valid points but again I'm still skeptical that this is the real reason why Milan are in this situation, and maybe who know, maybe it's only just part of the reason. Who knows, no one can tell for sure on here since no one knows what is actually going on behind the scenes, We're all just speculating here

Exactly ... So taking into consideration the circumstances of the country as of late, it is best to give the benefit of the doubt on something as critical as this ... Than to just mindlessly moan and complain without thinking about the circumstances that could lead to a countries downfall (literally speaking .. IF the US/Israel go into Iran oil will far exceed the expected @ $200/barrel, and Italy being an industrial country, it would just destroy their economy in one blow!).

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 4 2008, 10:28 PM
Post #43

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jul 4 2008, 09:22 PM)
Exactly ... So taking into consideration the circumstances of the country as of late, it is best to give the benefit of the doubt on something as critical as this ... Than to just mindlessly moan and complain without thinking about the circumstances that could lead to a countries downfall (literally speaking .. IF the US/Israel go into Iran oil will far exceed the expected @ $200/barrel, and Italy being an industrial country, it would just destroy their economy in one blow!).

It's not moaning and complaining, we're all different here, you might choose to stay more calm then others and choose to look at the bigger picture (really bigger picture in your case (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) ) and others might choose to vent their frustrations about what is going on with the team they support. We're on a forum, it's why we're here after all. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Other then that, I might be frustrated sometimes and come on here to vent but other then that right now I'm patitantly waiting until the transfer window closes and see what happens then. But that doens't mean that I won't get frustrated at times it's just natural to feel that way

+Quote Post

mishie
post Jul 4 2008, 10:32 PM
Post #44

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 4 2008, 09:28 PM)
It's not moaning and complaining, we're all different here, you might choose to stay more calm then others and choose to look at the bigger picture (really bigger picture in your case (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) ) and others might choose to vent their frustrations about what is going on with the team they support. We're on a forum, it's why we're here after all.  (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)  

Other then that, I might be frustrated sometimes and come on here to vent but other then that right now I'm patitantly waiting until the transfer window closes and see what happens then. But that doens't mean that I won't get frustrated at times it's just natural to feel that way

all views are welcomed here just as long as its kept civil (which you guys are doing (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) )

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Jul 4 2008, 10:32 PM
Post #45

Smoking Bianco

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 5 2008, 12:28 AM)
It's not moaning and complaining, we're all different here, you might choose to stay more calm then others and choose to look at the bigger picture (really bigger picture in your case (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) ) and others might choose to vent their frustrations about what is going on with the team they support. We're on a forum, it's why we're here after all.  (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)  

Fair enough (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

It's just good to know what is going on sometimes .. The bigger picture gives you a better insight on what and why things are the way they are.

And believe me, I too am here everyday to see of the updates on the transfer window .. And it's like a count down has started, we are in July now .. its less than a month left (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/96.gif)

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:05 AM