han2503
post Jun 21 2009, 03:18 PM
Post #1

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

Berlusconi: Pirlo is sellable

Milan patron Silvio Berlusconi has not ruled out selling Andrea Pirlo and insists Ronaldinho will be important next season.

Pirlo, who is currently on international duty with Italy, is being strongly linked with a move to Chelsea.

“We'll see what happens. I was the first to say that Pirlo has to stay, but then they made me look at the accounts,” Berlusconi said.

He then moved to reassure Milan fans, telling them that the club can go forward without Kaka.

The Brazilian was sold to Real Madrid earlier this month for £59m.

“Kaka did not invent the game of football. Alexandre Pato can substitute him even in that role [behind the strikers],” Berlusconi explained.

Later on, he endorsed Ronaldinho, the two-time former World Player of the Year, who joined Milan last summer.

The 29-year-old endured a poor first season in Italy and often appeared as a substitute.

“Ronaldinho will have a great year,” Berlusconi declared.

He then turned his attention to the amount of money Real Madrid are spending in the transfer market.

“There are figures in football that are pure folly, figures that bear no relation to the normal economy.

“They are outside of common sense and decency,” he added.

Finally, Berlusconi expressed his confidence in Milan, who he expects to do well next season.

“This year we have a great team. We could have already won something last year, but it didn't happen because we lost points in the dying minutes and made mistakes because we didn't hold on to the ball,” he concluded.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jun 21 2009, 03:20 PM
Post #2

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

So it's ok to give Ambro 4.5m a season but it's not ok to keep one of our last true world class players along with Pato.

It's like they're going on a mission to destroy Milan. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/puke.gif)

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post Jun 21 2009, 03:53 PM
Post #3

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,873

wtf is wrong with our accounts i cant understand it after kaka sale they said that it was all ok balanced

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Jun 21 2009, 03:58 PM
Post #4

Allievi Regionali B

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 558

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 21 2009, 03:20 PM) *
So it's ok to give Ambro 4.5m a season but it's not ok to keep one of our last true world class players along with Pato.

It's like they're going on a mission to destroy Milan. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/puke.gif)

We have Ronaldinho the saviour, with him we'll win everything (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

dst
post Jun 21 2009, 04:51 PM
Post #5

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

I'm thinking of all Berlusconi has offered to Milan and still I cannot resist saying this: he is a big ****ing pr***!!! So Pirlo is like not so important and he could be sold for the sake of the accounts and at the same time that classless joker that goes by the name of Ronaldinho is our savior? Come on now, how ridiculous is this, Berlusconi goes nuts over Ronaldinho and is willing to put anyone on the market before him?!?!?! That's just shameless.

**** OFF!!!

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 21 2009, 05:49 PM
Post #6

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

“We'll see what happens. I was the first to say that Pirlo has to stay, but then they made me look at the accounts"

What an owner he is. Gets us into such a poor financial situation that we need to sell our best player for a World record fee, but even that isn't enough to cover the debts. Nice one Silvio, you never cease to surprise me.

+Quote Post

A.X
post Jun 21 2009, 07:14 PM
Post #7

Pulcini 97

Member No.: 6,105

AC Milan president Silvio Berlusconi has spoken out against Real Madrid’s huge spending spree in the past few weeks and stated that he feels the transfer fees being brandished about at the moment are "figures of pure madness".

Berlusconi was, of course, directly involved in one of the most controversial transfer moves of the summer, when he urged Brazilian Kaka to leave the San Siro and join Real Madrid for the handsome sum of €65m.

Cristiano Ronaldo’s protracted move to the Bernabeu is also edging closer to completion, and Berlusconi feels that the market dominance of Madrid is having a detrimental effect on the game as a whole.

“These are figures in football that are pure madness," he told La Gazzetta Dello Sport.

“The figures bear no relation to the normal economy, and it is beyond common sense and decency.”

In addition to his remarks on the Spanish giants, he also shrugged off claims that he himself was chasing the big buck by sanctioning the sale of Kaka to Real Madrid in the first place.

“Kaka did not invent football,” said the eccentric Prime Minister.

Berlusconi, however, is not the only high profile individual to speak out against the inflated levels of spending undertaken by Florentino Perez.

Manchester United legend Sir Bobby Charlton called the transfer of Cristiano Ronaldo "vulgar", while Dutch maestro Johann Cruyff claimed that both Ronaldo and Kaka were "simply not worth the money".

Paul Macdonald, Goal.com

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Jun 21 2009, 07:19 PM
Post #8

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 558

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 21 2009, 05:49 PM) *
What an owner he is. Gets us into such a poor financial situation that we need to sell our best player for a World record fee, but even that isn't enough to cover the debts. Nice one Silvio, you never cease to surprise me.

We sold Ricky for relative peanuts.

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post Jun 22 2009, 12:53 AM
Post #9

Dida per sempre

Member No.: 3,563

QUOTE (dst @ Jun 21 2009, 08:51 AM) *
I'm thinking of all Berlusconi has offered to Milan and still I cannot resist saying this: he is a big ****ing pr***!!! So Pirlo is like not so important and he could be sold for the sake of the accounts and at the same time that classless joker that goes by the name of Ronaldinho is our savior? Come on now, how ridiculous is this, Berlusconi goes nuts over Ronaldinho and is willing to put anyone on the market before him?!?!?! That's just shameless.

**** OFF!!!

+1

+Quote Post

Habitant
post Jun 22 2009, 01:24 AM
Post #10

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,763

“This year we have a great team. We could have already won something last year, but it didn't happen because we lost points in the dying minutes and made mistakes because we didn't hold on to the ball,” he concluded.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) i'm sorry he must be a fcking idiot

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post Jun 22 2009, 01:47 AM
Post #11

Dida per sempre

Member No.: 3,563

QUOTE (Habitant @ Jun 21 2009, 05:24 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) i'm sorry he must be a fcking idiot

Seriously. How do you say "space cadet" in Italian?

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Jun 22 2009, 06:21 AM
Post #12

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

This is unfortunate. There was a time when Silvio's megalomania was married to his drive and work ethic. Now only the mania remains. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif)

Fine...sell Pirlo. I don't care anymore! FWIW, I hope he lands in Chelsea. I just can't support Madrid wholeheartedly.

EDIT: I'm reminded of what Galliani told the 'stakeholders' a year back. That being, to balance the books we'd 'just' have to sell Kaka and Pirlo. Looks like the stakeholders made us follow through or something. We look like starting next season without our two main difference makers.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jun 22 2009, 07:07 AM
Post #13

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jun 22 2009, 06:21 AM) *
This is unfortunate. There was a time when Silvio's megalomania was married to his drive and work ethic. Now only the mania remains. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif)

Fine...sell Pirlo. I don't care anymore! FWIW, I hope he lands in Chelsea. I just can't support Madrid wholeheartedly.

EDIT: I'm reminded of what Galliani told the 'stakeholders' a year back. That being, to balance the books we'd 'just' have to sell Kaka and Pirlo. Looks like the stakeholders made us follow through or something. We look like starting next season without our two main difference makers.

Oh get off it Jack.

You'd want Pirlo to go to Chelsea really? Because there's Carlo there, you know you're really going to compete with Seedorf as Carlo's main 'man'

Pirlo shouldn't even have the option to leave in the first place.

What, so first we had to endure the 'commercial' signings because they 'benefitted' the team, not in a footballing aspect mind you, then we had to wh@re ourselves out to every arabic team known to man to play a million friendlies and you're telling me we still have to balance the books??

This after selling Sheva, winning the CL and not making any worthwhile signing in years, and now selling Kaka and maybe also Pirlo. Where is the money going then??!!!

Oh yes it's being wasted on players like Oliveira, trips for Braida and Galliani to South America to 'scout' for players, players like Emerson, wages for players who don't do sh!t for the team but sit on the bench and suck up our resources.

If this isn't bad management I don't know what is.

Hopefully after Silvio is done clearing us out the tifosi, mostly the Italian ones will really take a stand to him. No more Milan channel subscriptions, season tickets and Cuore Rossonero cards, no more buying stuff off the ridiculously expensive Milan store.

Its completely ridiculous for Milan to have been dragged down into this and its all Silvio's fault, and for any Milan fan to be ok with this is just... There's no words

Hopefully once the Berlusconi kids take over from their senile father they will once and for all sell up, because we all know all they want is the money and not a burden money leeching entity like a football club, because that's what they see Milan as and it will be a great day once Milan is not owned by them anymore

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Jun 22 2009, 07:19 AM
Post #14

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

You expand whatever I just said, into 5 paragraphs, and then you want me to get off it? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

As for the Chelsea argument...yeah. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) I already said, I'm supporting Chelsea in the EPL, because with Newcastle out, I have no reason to support anyone at all in the EPL. And Carlo gives me a reason. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Secondly, if Pirlo goes to Real Madrid, to Perez's team which has absolutely no interest in defenders, he will be screwed. We know he's not the best DM there is. Unless the Madrid fans are looking for their own 'version' of Xavi..I don't see any benefits for Pirlo's career. I remember how they treated Makalele, who was so important to the team, yet not all that 'visible'. Pirlo will face the same treatment.

When I said sell him...I meant it in the "Ah just shoot me...I don't care anymore!" sense...not the "Oh golly...what a brilliant idea, now we can see the real R80" sense.

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Jun 22 2009, 08:17 AM
Post #15

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,660

Silvio needs to get the f*** out. I have been saying this for months now, however even with these messages people still come out and say but..but... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Out with Dictatorship! Milan belongs to the people!

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:10 PM