> Lugano-Milan - 09/10/08, Friendly

Tennie
post Sep 9 2008, 08:13 PM
Post #1

Token Girl
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,800

There's a friendly tomorrow between Milan and Lugano. The game will be shown on Mediaset Premium and then later in the evening on Milan Channel.

Per acmilan.com's italian page, here are the callups and the lineup:

Abbiati;
Bonera, Senderos, Maldini, Antonini;
Cardacio, Emerson, Ambrosini;
Seedorf;
Inzaghi, Pato.

A disposizione: Kalac, Favalli, Kakà, Strasser (51), Gianola (52), Pasini (53), Romagnoli (54), Ruggeri (55), Angelilli (57).

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Giancarlo
post Sep 9 2008, 08:22 PM
Post #2

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 4,011

Interesting. We'll be able to see how Senderos will do... albeit against a low ranking team in the second division Swiss Division... that ought to be interesting for Senderos...

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post Sep 9 2008, 10:36 PM
Post #3

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,873

oh i was hoping to see borrilleo in the linup seems he is still unfit this would have been gud oppertunit for him and pato to play togather

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Sep 9 2008, 11:52 PM
Post #4

Token Girl
Group Icon

(originals on acmilan.com's italian page. my translations)

Carletto gave his prematch press conference.

TOWARD LUGANO-MILAN: "Tomorrow's game will be an important friendly, it'll be Kaka's first game back from injury. We'll evaluate his condition even though I don't think he'll start; he'll probably come off the bench at the beginning of the second half. The attention won't only be on him, it'll also be Senderos' first game for Milan. This week there weren't a lot of us at Milanello, but we did some very good work".

KAKA' AND MILAN: "Ricky is one of those players who represents a lot for a club, not only for what he does on the pitch but also for his influence on the atmosphere. Maldini and Gattuso are like this, important players for this Milan. We're unhappy about Rino's injury, but between us and the Azzurri there are certainly no problems. And Rino's strong, he's already feeling better. I think he'll be on the pitch soon".

OK FOR BORRIELLO: "Marco is doign well, his improvement is in line with projections. He's arleady doing some work and Thursday will have a visit with Professor Martens who operated on him. The visit will serve to give the okay for him to return to training with the group".

THE SEARCH FOR EQUILIBRIUM: "At this moment, we need results above everything. With Bologna we started poorly, alternating good things with less good things. The equilibrium of a team is a fundamental concept because it gives substance to an entire season. I'm convinced that we'll find this equilibrium when we're able to work with all the players. We've missed the chance to work with, varyingly, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, and Pato and when we do it, I repeat that I'm convinced we'll find a good solution. With what formation? The one I like at the moment is one with 4 defenders, 3 midfielders and 3 attackers, whether it's 2 trequartistas and 1 prima punta or a trequartista and two strikers. The 4-2-3-1? The only comment is that we tried it with Bologna without having practiced it much in training, but in future it could certainly be a good solution".

SOLIDARITY FOR STEFANO BORGONOVO: "I think it's right to educate the public about this grave illness and afterwords not to forget about it, he was our teammate and we're all close to him".

----

Today's training took place.

After warmup, the team was divided into groups.

The primavera players Pasini, Gianola, Strasser, Ruggeri, Romagnoli, Angelilli worked on technique with Filippo Galli.

Inzaghi, Kakà and Viudez worked on agility and speed exercizes.

Favalli, Ambrosini, Emerson, Cardacio, Senderos, Pato and Maldini did 20 meter sprints while Antonini, Borriello and Bonera worked on mini-sprints with a focus on speed.

Gattuso, Nesta and Dida worked in the gym.

After this, the team worked on tactical drills for about half an hour. Following this was a brief practice game with Abbiati and Kalac in goal.

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Sep 10 2008, 04:41 AM
Post #5

CrAzY EyeS

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,723

Should be nice to see the out come of this game... An interesting team I must say!
Thanks to Tennie for the info as usual!

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 10 2008, 08:53 AM
Post #6

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Tennie @ Sep 9 2008, 08:13 PM) *
There's a friendly tomorrow between Milan and Lugano. The game will be shown on Mediaset Premium and then later in the evening on Milan Channel.

Per acmilan.com's italian page, here are the callups and the lineup:

Abbiati;
Bonera, Senderos, Maldini, Antonini;
Cardacio, Emerson, Ambrosini;
Seedorf;
Inzaghi, Pato.

A disposizione: Kalac, Favalli, Kakà, Strasser (51), Gianola (52), Pasini (53), Romagnoli (54), Ruggeri (55), Angelilli (57).

Why isn't Darmian in the squad?

Was he with the Italian U21s? Because I know there were some U21 international matches, but not sure if Italy played...

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Sep 10 2008, 10:59 AM
Post #7

Token Girl
Group Icon

Darmian (and Albertazzi and Paloschi) is with the U20s.

+Quote Post

armiss
post Sep 10 2008, 11:57 AM
Post #8

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 3,312

Time ?

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Sep 10 2008, 12:31 PM
Post #9

Token Girl
Group Icon

19:00, Milan time.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Sep 10 2008, 01:57 PM
Post #10

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

God... why should Seedorf play in EVERY SINGLE GAME? (IMG:http://tinypic.info/files/xzfm3hj9ark5s6elm17i.gif)

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Sep 10 2008, 02:18 PM
Post #11

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,388

QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Sep 10 2008, 07:57 AM) *
God... why should Seedorf play in EVERY SINGLE GAME? (IMG:http://tinypic.info/files/xzfm3hj9ark5s6elm17i.gif)

Knowing this is a friendly, he'll probably score 2 goals and assist one...

+Quote Post

Giancarlo
post Sep 10 2008, 02:19 PM
Post #12

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Sep 10 2008, 01:57 PM) *

Because there is no one else available for attacking midfielder role, and Kaka is still not fully match fit (so will not start).

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Sep 10 2008, 02:29 PM
Post #13

Primavera

QUOTE (KillerMax @ Sep 10 2008, 04:48 PM) *
Knowing this is a friendly, he'll probably score 2 goals and assist one...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Sep 10 2008, 04:49 PM) *
Because there is no one else available for attacking midfielder role, and Kaka is still not fully match fit (so will not start).

Even if there were, Seedorf would've still started. Carlo ALWAYS plays him, unless he's injured or suspended, which happens probably only 1 game in every season (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post

Giancarlo
post Sep 10 2008, 02:32 PM
Post #14

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Sep 10 2008, 01:29 PM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Even if there were, Seedorf would've still started. Carlo ALWAYS plays him, unless he's injured or suspended, which happens probably only 1 game in every season (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Not this season as we have many more players, including Ronaldinho... who was seen as direct competition to Seedorf...

And I'm sure management will pressure Carlo to play Ronaldinho over Seedorf... they didn't pay 21 million for nothing.

This post has been edited by Giancarlo: Sep 10 2008, 02:33 PM

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Sep 10 2008, 02:38 PM
Post #15

Primavera

QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Sep 10 2008, 06:02 PM) *
Not this season as we have many more players, including Ronaldinho... who was seen as direct competition to Seedorf...

And I'm sure management will pressure Carlo to play Ronaldinho over Seedorf... they didn't pay 21 million for nothing.

Hopefully. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) I still can't see Seedorf benched.

If Ronaldinho turned out what we're expecting, then maybe it'll be Seedorf's last season with us. he's not one of those players who accept the bench role IMO. he wants to play regularly and if he falls out of favor he may leave.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:15 PM