> Milan Eye Up Chelsea Defender

nuh
post Jul 30 2008, 07:26 PM
Post #1

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 1,284

Milan Eye Up Chelsea Defender

The Rossoneri have stated publicly that, following the arrival of Ronaldinho, they will be making no more signings this summer.

However, the recent injury suffered by Alessandro Nesta, has led to some concerns that the defence may be undermanned, and as a result the club are considering going back into the market for a stopper.

Latest reports in the Italian and English media suggest that Milan are eyeing up Chelsea’s forgotten man Branislav Ivanovic.

This time last year the Serbian defender was the talk of the continent following some outstanding displays in the Under-21 European Championships in Holland. The defender was admired by many of the top clubs in Europe, including Juventus, Inter, Manchester United, and Milan themselves, but it was Chelsea who eventually won the race to sign him, paying Lokomotiv Moscow €13m in January of this year.

Since arriving at Stamford Bridge, Ivanovic has become something of a forgotten man, and he has still yet to make his first team debut, despite having no injuries.

With fierce competition this season from John Terry, Riccardo Carvalho, and Alex, his chances also look slim this term, and as a result Milan are hoping to acquire the 24-year-old on a season-long loan deal, possibly with an option to sign him permanently next summer.

Ivanovic is not the only Chelsea player to have been linked with Milan in recent days, as the Italians are also said to be considering former star Andriy Shevchenko.

for u guys that dont know him
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqxZBQM4XkQ

This post has been edited by nuh: Jul 30 2008, 07:35 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jul 30 2008, 09:20 PM
Post #2

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

I think people are making too much out of this Ivanovic thing. He came to England in January and his previous club hadn't played a competitive game for a while, therefore he was not fully fit and they didn't want to throw him into hugely important title deciding games.

+Quote Post

dst
post Jul 30 2008, 11:02 PM
Post #3

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

I think that if we get anyone he will be a forward. Next year we're going to have to sign one of the greatest CB's in the world anyway.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Jul 30 2008, 11:18 PM
Post #4

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (dst @ Jul 31 2008, 03:02 AM) *
I think that if we get anyone he will be a forward. Next year we're going to have to sign one of the greatest CB's in the world anyway.

Or maybe the year after? Provided we qualify for CL, and God willing. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) The thing is, you never can tell with Gods!

+Quote Post

dst
post Jul 30 2008, 11:24 PM
Post #5

Primavera
Group Icon

Nah. God will retire next summer with the Scudetto winner's medal around His Godly neck! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

This post has been edited by dst: Jul 30 2008, 11:25 PM

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Jul 31 2008, 06:30 AM
Post #6

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

QUOTE (dst @ Jul 31 2008, 04:32 AM) *

Oh yeah sure... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) That easy....go to amazon.com and search. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

There's nobody out there who can give the bang for buck that Galliani and co wants. The moment word gets out that Milan want a top CB to replace Maldini, the prices will shoot up. I'm betting we'll just promote Kaladze. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Now I'm not saying that's the right thing to do, but it's what we'll do. Unless we do win in earnings to pay for it. Or unless the defence is just so bad, that our forwards cannot score one goal more to win.

+Quote Post

dst
post Jul 31 2008, 09:54 AM
Post #7

Primavera
Group Icon

I want Puyol, I'll get Puyol!

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Jul 31 2008, 10:57 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

He's not what he used to be. He's getting slower and slower.

+Quote Post

dst
post Jul 31 2008, 12:10 PM
Post #9

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jul 31 2008, 12:57 PM) *
He's not what he used to be. He's getting slower and slower.

You don't know what you're talking about!

So who would you get? If you could pick anyone...

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Jul 31 2008, 12:12 PM
Post #10

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

Chiellini. In a heartbeat.

+Quote Post

dst
post Jul 31 2008, 12:27 PM
Post #11

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (Tennie @ Jul 31 2008, 02:12 PM) *
Chiellini. In a heartbeat.

No way, he's not that good! Besides he's not for sale. I know I said anyone but he's not in that category. Juventus won't sell to us. Even Puyol is an imaginary target but I think it's not impossible. Chiellini to Milan is.

Anyway... I changed my mind. When I said Puyol, I had forgotten about Toure! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Jul 31 2008, 12:36 PM
Post #12

Insert cool title here<--
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,792

Christian Wörns. Without the shadow of a doubt.

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post Jul 31 2008, 12:53 PM
Post #13

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,873

i would say zapata the guy has experience in serie A he wil be one of the best defender in the league this season

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Jul 31 2008, 12:59 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

Toure's too short, and about as likely a target as Chiellini. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I don't know who is a top quality CB anymore. We could take a gamble on Ivanovic, but I think he'll be little more than Kaladze. Someone who can play well, with a better player alongside him.

Nope, I think the world is fresh out of top centrebacks, who're 80% as good as Nesta.

+Quote Post

dst
post Jul 31 2008, 01:29 PM
Post #15

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (LaPalma @ Jul 31 2008, 02:36 PM) *
Christian Wörns. Without the shadow of a doubt.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) What are you talking about? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jul 31 2008, 02:59 PM) *
Toure's too short, and about as likely a target as Chiellini. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I don't think there's anyone at Arsenal that Wenger would not sell. Maybe Fabregas but even him I think he would. Really, this would be a good chance to use your idea, give the two young Uruguayans to Wenger for Kolo and he'll jump to it!
Too short? You sure we're talking about the same guy? He's very good in the air anyway.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:00 PM