+Quote Post

William405
post Dec 2 2018, 02:42 PM
Post #33

Allievi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 7,239

Milan comeback 2-1 3pts in the bag.

A good performance. Though, we were not as clinical as we should be in my opinion. Cutrone again pushes us back into the game with a great goal imo.

Hope we just finish these december games, so that we can reinforce the team and also get back the injured players.

Zapata was really impressive. I'm really into this Bakayoko-Kessie duo. It allows Kessie more freedom, while Bakayoko is a very disciplined player. He's a good holding midfielder.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

William405
post Dec 2 2018, 02:43 PM
Post #34

Allievi Regionali B

Also Kudos to Borini, everytime he gets in, he shakes things up. Defnitely not a first team player, but a great squad player to have.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 2 2018, 03:33 PM
Post #35

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (William405 @ Dec 2 2018, 02:43 PM) *
Also Kudos to Borini, everytime he gets in, he shakes things up. Defnitely not a first team player, but a great squad player to have.

Let’s not get carried away.

+Quote Post

William405
post Dec 2 2018, 04:01 PM
Post #36

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 2 2018, 05:33 PM) *

Lol, knew that would wake you up. XD

Come on man, he did well.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 2 2018, 05:54 PM
Post #37

QUOTE (William405 @ Dec 2 2018, 04:01 PM) *
Lol, knew that would wake you up. XD

Come on man, he did well.

Don’t expect me to agree on Borini. The guy is pure trash regardless of how much effort he might put.

Bakayoko is proving to be a revelation. He keeps getting better with each game. Also, why is nobody talking about Abate? Two impeccable performances as CB against Lazio and Parma.

This post has been edited by X-Offender: Dec 2 2018, 05:55 PM

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 2 2018, 08:12 PM
Post #38

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 26 2018, 09:10 AM) *
Paqueta aside, we need a Biglia replacement and a forward. Not sure about a CB. I mean, in January both Romagnoli and Musacchio will be recovered, and I assume by February Caldara will be available as well. I'd rather focus on more pressing matters.

Agreed about the Biglia replacement.

As for the CBs. This crises has shown us that we're continuously a few injuries away from having to play FBs in the centre. I don't think another Zapata-type CB would be a waste to have. Someone who's a relatively good stopper who won't complain about being on the bench and can perform when called upon even without regular football.

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 26 2018, 05:05 PM) *
Here’s a thought. What if we didn’t sign anyone else except for Ibra and played like this:

Donnarumma
Conti - Caldara - Romagnoli - Rodriguez
Paqueta - Kessie - Hakan
Suso - Ibra
Higuain

Daring? Yes. Could it work? I think so.

I really don't like Kessie in that holding role. He's never performed when played there. He's a box-to-box guy. He just doesn't really have the discipline or tactical know-how to play there imo. And Hakan has been played in that position a few times and never really impressed me tbh

QUOTE (maldini03 @ Nov 26 2018, 05:49 PM) *
I like this formation X-Off but I don't think that Kessie can play as that deep regista. He is at his best when he is bombing forward and using his physical ability to be aggressive in winning the ball back. He doesn't intercept the ball well and I don't really think he is a great long passer.

In my opinion, we have something going with Kessie and Baka as a double pivot, they both provide the necessary steel to one another. For that reason I would advocate for something closer to this:

Donnarumma
Calabria - Caldara - Romagnoli - RR
Kessie - Bakayoko
Suso - Ibra - Paqueta
Higuain

The Kessie and Bakayoko double pivot has pros and cons to it though. I really think we need a playmaker type in there as well. With those 2 we tend to struggle to play through the middle. I still think that a Biglia replacement in needed ASAP. We've been linked to Cesc, and I think he'd change the entire dynamic of this team if he were to come in, as he's the kind of passing brain we've missed since Pirlo

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 26 2018, 11:08 PM) *
No, Kessie-Bakayoko can't be a long-term solution. I agree that Kessie best performs in the double pivot alongside a playmaker (Paredes?), but why not as shield in front of the defense? I don't agree that he doesn't intercept the ball well, and while it's true that he's a not a great long passer, the whole idea of having Hakan and Paqueta in midfield is to leave the creative duties to them.

Think of Barcelona and Real. Neither Busquets nor Casemiro are terrific passers, but they are defensive midfielders whose main duties are to act as a shield in front the defense and win balls back. And I think Kessie is far capable of such feats. Perhaps his tactical awareness needs some work, but that comes with experience.

I actually think that Kessie best performs on the side of a 3-man midfield, while it's Bakayoko who benefits the most from a double pivot/DM position

And I don't think you can compare Kessie to either Casemiro or Busquets, both are far more intelligent distributors than Kessie

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 2 2018, 03:33 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 2 2018, 08:18 PM
Post #39

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

Also, sorry for forgetting to open the match thread, I missed the game as I had a Sunday lunch thing (can I state once again how ridiculous I think these 12:30 KOs are?), and totally forgot to open a thread for the game

Anyway, we have a fairly easy (on paper) home stretch to the end of the year, with Fiorentina being the only top half of the table side. We absolutely have to make sure we get max points in this coming stretch to cement our top 4 position (thanks Chievo btw)

Lazio have some tricky games coming up, so we need to make sure we play our best. And I know this is not going to be easy given the crises we have on our hands, but I'm trusting Rino to pull the team through as he has done so far with such grace.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 2 2018, 08:27 PM
Post #40

Thanks Chievo, we’re 4th again. Like I said before, both Lazio and Roma are pretty poor this season. Considering our injuries, the fact we’re 4th goes to show you what a great chance we have to finish in the top 4 this season. Not considering that in January we’ll strengthen even more with Paqueta and possibly Fabregas and Ibra.

Champions League football is approaching after a long, long absence.

+Quote Post

William405
post Dec 2 2018, 11:17 PM
Post #41

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 2 2018, 10:27 PM) *
Thanks Chievo, we’re 4th again. Like I said before, both Lazio and Roma are pretty poor this season. Considering our injuries, the fact we’re 4th goes to show you what a great chance we have to finish in the top 4 this season. Not considering that in January we’ll strengthen even more with Paqueta and possibly Fabregas and Ibra.

Champions League football is approaching after a long, long absence.

Yes, yes, yes. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I think if we sign Ibra and Fabregas. It will more than enough for us to challenge for the top spots. And, again, why limit ourselves to 4th place? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

maldini03
post Dec 3 2018, 02:35 PM
Post #42

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 2,029

QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 2 2018, 01:12 PM) *
I actually think that Kessie best performs on the side of a 3-man midfield, while it's Bakayoko who benefits the most from a double pivot/DM position

And I don't think you can compare Kessie to either Casemiro or Busquets, both are far more intelligent distributors than Kessie

So han how would you set up the team if we hypothetically brought in Fabregas and Ibra as well as Paqueta? Someone has to go to the bench if Fabregas is going to become the Biglia replacement. It's a shame. We need more creativity so either Paqueta or Fab have to get into the team but Baka and Kessie are both playing well in the double pivot. Maybe all 3 can play in X-Off's formation...

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 3 2018, 11:15 PM
Post #43

If Ibra and Fabregas come I expect us to play like this:

---------------Donnarumma-----------------
Conti - Musacchio - Romagnoli - Rodriguez
-----------------Fabregas--------------------
--------Kessie--------------------------------
-----------------------------Paqueta---------
--Suso--------------Ibra---------------------
------------------Higuaín---------------------

+Quote Post

maldini03
post Dec 4 2018, 02:35 PM
Post #44

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 2,029

Yeah, I like that set-up, in a way it reminds me of Ancelotti's Milan-lite. Fabregas as the Pirlo, Kessie as a Gattuso-type, and Paqueta as a Seedorf-lite.

Only changes I would make when everyone is fit would be Calabria over Conti. I think Calabria has earned the starting spot for now and Conti is the one who has to work to take it from him. For me, Calabria fits well within the team. Sometimes he has mental mistakes in defense but going forward he has proven to be an asset down that right wing.

Also, this formation leaves us a little exposed down that left side. From what I have seen of Paqueta he likes to scamper forward and he definitely won't be joining us with the physically-imposing, endless running that Kessie provides. We know Ibra won't be tracking back. RR has had a good season thus far but this would leave him isolated. Add-in that he likes to go forward and will see open field ahead of him to deliver crosses into Ibra and we have a recipe for getting burned on the counter.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 4 2018, 08:24 PM
Post #45

QUOTE (maldini03 @ Dec 4 2018, 02:35 PM) *
Yeah, I like that set-up, in a way it reminds me of Ancelotti's Milan-lite. Fabregas as the Pirlo, Kessie as a Gattuso-type, and Paqueta as a Seedorf-lite.

Only changes I would make when everyone is fit would be Calabria over Conti. I think Calabria has earned the starting spot for now and Conti is the one who has to work to take it from him. For me, Calabria fits well within the team. Sometimes he has mental mistakes in defense but going forward he has proven to be an asset down that right wing.

Also, this formation leaves us a little exposed down that left side. From what I have seen of Paqueta he likes to scamper forward and he definitely won't be joining us with the physically-imposing, endless running that Kessie provides. We know Ibra won't be tracking back. RR has had a good season thus far but this would leave him isolated. Add-in that he likes to go forward and will see open field ahead of him to deliver crosses into Ibra and we have a recipe for getting burned on the counter.

Nah, not exposed at all. From what I’ve seen Paqueta is a very disciplined player, his primary position at Flamengo has been that of RCM. Think of him as a highly-skilled Bonaventura.

Also, Calabria over a fit Conti is not happening.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:59 AM