> Summer Transfers 2021

X-Offender
post May 27 2021, 08:58 PM
Post #16

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (han2503 @ May 27 2021, 08:41 PM) *
You've always insisted on this but how can you be sure.

Nothing is certain in life, but I have faith in our management. They wouldn't weaken our team.

I'd consider only +70M offers for Theo. ManCity paid 65M for Cancelo, why should we accept less?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 27 2021, 10:10 PM
Post #17

Apparently 2 years ago Boban offered to Donnarumma a renewal proposal for 8M, which was agreed upon (Raiola included), but Gazidis stopped everything because it was too much...

Heard it on some Italian football show.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 28 2021, 07:34 PM
Post #18

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

If true this makes us look less innocent and more stupid. Gazidis especially, who isn't a fan/public favorite anyway.

Giroud is a proven good rotational option. Nothing special but he does the job IMO. If Leao leaves we should invest in another versatile striker/winger. We also need to fill the right wing position with another capable winger.

Rumors on Depay died somehow off.

De Paul is mediocre and uninventive IMO. We need someone more explosive and rhythm/flow giving.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 28 2021, 08:20 PM
Post #19

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 28 2021, 07:34 PM) *
De Paul is mediocre and uninventive IMO. We need someone more explosive and rhythm/flow giving.

Nah man, he's far from mediocre. Maybe he's not a true #10, and he might not have De Bryne's genius, but he's an excellent player. Dominant presence in midfield, he can dribble past opponents (which Hakan sucks at), and his passing is also very good.

I'm actually warming up to the idea of signing him.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 28 2021, 08:22 PM
Post #20

Primavera
Group Icon

Yes, 27 years, Udinese and Valencia experiences,... very promising.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 28 2021, 08:26 PM
Post #21

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 28 2021, 08:22 PM) *
Yes, 27 years, Udinese and Valencia experiences,... very promising.

Why do you always use this parameter to judge players? It means nothing. Watching him on the pitch, that's how you can determine a player's value.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 29 2021, 11:28 AM
Post #22

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 28 2021, 10:26 PM) *
Why do you always use this parameter to judge players? It means nothing. Watching him on the pitch, that's how you can determine a player's value.

I disagree. In this age and day it means much. But I agree. Watching him play is what is crucial. I've watched him several times and I don't see anything special. We sure need an upgrade to Hakan, and not just De Paul.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 29 2021, 11:35 AM
Post #23

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (han2503 @ May 26 2021, 10:05 PM) *
This is why I was pro super league. And cannot with the English fans who condemned it. English clubs are at a huge advantage over their, Spanish and Italian counterparts. Fans in England were protesting, but you didn't hear a peep out of the Spanish and Italian fans. And for good reason. And when I see Neville fake crying about ruining football, when he works for a corporation that helps create this imbalance, I want to bash his punchable face in

Han I usually agree with you but this time I must say it seems to me that you are not grasping reality. Reading your post one would conclude that this is a highly planned conspiracy against Serie A. But reality check - we're not in the 90s any more. Serie A lost it's appeal.

With Ronaldo leaving Serie A will fall back even further. The worldwide viewership is falling down rapidly. Even the French league has more viewers. The stadiums are in bad shape or falling apart. Fans and fan groups are problematic. Teams are unattractive, not competitive enough, lack true stars or youth. The results of Italian teams in the last decade are appalling. Zero trophies won, no interest in putting an effort to rebuild or restructure the league,...

No wonder Inter earned less then Sheffield. No, it's not a corporative conspiracy, it's just reality, marketing, economy and planning. Serie A are currently on the bottom, and this is deservedly so.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 29 2021, 02:02 PM
Post #24

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 29 2021, 11:28 AM) *
I disagree. In this age and day it means much. But I agree. Watching him play is what is crucial. I've watched him several times and I don't see anything special. We sure need an upgrade to Hakan, and not just De Paul.

Let's sign Bernardo Silva or Bruno Fernandes. And maybe Jadon Sancho on the right. And Neymar on the left.

Oh, wait, what was that? We can't afford them?

Dude, we can't even afford De Paul for that matter (asking price 40M). Just who is this enigmatic upgrade to Hakan you're talking about?

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 29 2021, 02:04 PM
Post #25

QUOTE (han2503 @ May 26 2021, 08:05 PM) *
And when I see Neville fake crying about ruining football, when he works for a corporation that helps create this imbalance, I want to bash his punchable face in

I really don't get this part. How is the FA creating such imbalance?

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 29 2021, 03:42 PM
Post #26

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 29 2021, 04:02 PM) *
Let's sign Bernardo Silva or Bruno Fernandes. And maybe Jadon Sancho on the right. And Neymar on the left.

Oh, wait, what was that? We can't afford them?

Dude, we can't even afford De Paul for that matter (asking price 40M). Just who is this enigmatic upgrade to Hakan you're talking about?

I'm not an idiot. But since you mention Sancho - yes, we should definitively start operating like Dortmund and find ourselves a next possible Sancho. And not a already past his prime De Paul.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 29 2021, 07:04 PM
Post #27

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 29 2021, 03:42 PM) *
I'm not an idiot. But since you mention Sancho - yes, we should definitively start operating like Dortmund and find ourselves a next possible Sancho. And not a already past his prime De Paul.

Good luck finding someone as good as Sancho. Dortmund's scouting is on a whole other level.

And De Paul isn't past his prime. He just became 27 this month. Atletico Madrid apparently also want him.

GdS: Milan set sights on possible De Paul alternative who could arrive from Russia for ?20m

What do you know about him, Fillipo? Croatian, 23, AM, best player of the Russian league this year. On YouTube he looks great.

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 30 2021, 09:52 AM
Post #28

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 29 2021, 11:35 AM) *
Han I usually agree with you but this time I must say it seems to me that you are not grasping reality. Reading your post one would conclude that this is a highly planned conspiracy against Serie A. But reality check - we're not in the 90s any more. Serie A lost it's appeal.

With Ronaldo leaving Serie A will fall back even further. The worldwide viewership is falling down rapidly. Even the French league has more viewers. The stadiums are in bad shape or falling apart. Fans and fan groups are problematic. Teams are unattractive, not competitive enough, lack true stars or youth. The results of Italian teams in the last decade are appalling. Zero trophies won, no interest in putting an effort to rebuild or restructure the league,...

No wonder Inter earned less then Sheffield. No, it's not a corporative conspiracy, it's just reality, marketing, economy and planning. Serie A are currently on the bottom, and this is deservedly so.

As you noted I mentioned La Liga as well. Without Real and Barca that league is deader than Serie A.

And I never said that Serie A as a whole does not have self inflicted issues. Most of which stemming from residing in a country where bureaucracy is eaten for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Why are the stadiums falling apart? Because they are owned by the municipality and not the clubs. And clubs that have tried to do something about this are faced with a wall of resistance. The French league is even more on it's knees than Serie A. Aside from the language barrier, Serie A and La Liga are not as marketable as the EPL, that is inherently true. But to see people on Sky Sports (UK) lose their sh!t about the SL when they are a big part of the problem is what p!ssed me off the most about the hole thing. The English clubs backed out quickly because the big backlash was mostly coming from their fans and most of those clubs don't need the money anyway.

Same goes for UEFA really. They act all high and mighty about ruining football, when they have done nothing to control what has been going on for the past 2 decades now. Football was ruined along time ago. FFP helped to make the imbalance even greater. UEFA want to implement something like FFP which basically handicaps struggling clubs which don't have a multi-billion pound domestic deal to fall back on while continuing to empowering the richer clubs. Not to mention the BS with PSG and City. Who have continually bent the rules and never got so much as a slap on the wrist. While we were banned for a season.

Add to that, they have never done anything when it comes to salary caps and pulling the leash on these super agents like Raiola, who have become a huge nuisance. Look at what happened with Donna. Had rules been in place which would not allow agents to get anything above a certain percentage off of any deal. I don't think this would have happened.

QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 29 2021, 02:04 PM) *
I really don't get this part. How is the FA creating such imbalance?

Sky sports not the FA

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 30 2021, 09:55 AM
Post #29

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 29 2021, 03:42 PM) *

That's easier said then done. That being said, I think we're definitely on the right path in this regard

We currently have players like Theo and Bennacer. Who we got for relatively cheap fees and are now worth big money. That's the path we'll have to continue to take. But again, it's not so easy to get on a roll such as Dortmund have. Obviously the scouting department has to be top notch, which is why we got Moncada in who is a highly regarded scout

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 30 2021, 02:42 PM
Post #30

Primavera
Group Icon

Vla?ić has great potential, he would be a smart signing.

As for De Paul, let's wait and see. Maybe X-O is right and he turns out good. And yes Han, I also think we're on the right path.

+Quote Post

52 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:27 AM