Jack Sparrow
post May 5 2017, 09:41 AM
Post #61

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 5 2017, 05:29 AM) *
As Jack stated, we can't sell them both. We need to keep one as back-up, and I don't think Bacca would be willing to warm the bench. So, keep Lapadula as backup striker, sell Bacca and sign a top striker.

I don't mind that. But then our entire midfield and defence has to be built keeping in mind the kind of striker. Which is where we've screwed with Bacca this season. It's not like no one knew he was a pure finisher with little workrate.

So let's not make a midfield which requires a Cavani, Suarez or Perisic type forward, unless we can land one of them in the transfer window.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 5 2017, 07:03 PM
Post #62

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ May 5 2017, 09:41 AM) *
I don't mind that. But then our entire midfield and defence has to be built keeping in mind the kind of striker. Which is where we've screwed with Bacca this season. It's not like no one knew he was a pure finisher with little workrate.

So let's not make a midfield which requires a Cavani, Suarez or Perisic type forward, unless we can land one of them in the transfer window.

Perisic? Perisic is a winger/attacking mid.

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 6 2017, 10:01 AM
Post #63

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 4 2017, 09:38 AM) *
You're approach is relativistic or reductionist at least.

Firstly, it's not true that I dislike Lapadula. Nor do I like him: he's a correct player who gives his best. Problem is, IMO even at his best he's inadequate for a more ambitious Milan. He's not good enough and that's the end of my assessment, no oddity in my opinion, no theory needed.

Bacca is clearly the better player. I don't see how this can be denied. Look at Bacca's stats and career, then take a look at Lapadula. But before you jump at me for saying what I've said - yes. Lapadula fits in better. Yet, tell me Han - and I really dislike these kind of what-if's - you honestly think that if Montella would have played Lapadula as a starter for every game this season we would have done better - - in terms of points, results and goals??

Juventus is a rare example. One that can be repudiated with tons of other teams who, as Jack noted, thrive on great modern strikers.

Stats never tell the entire story, fact is Bacca has been terrible this season. Half his goals are from the penalty spot, he's been missing sitters, contributes absolutely nothing to the gameplay and basically just drifts in and around the penalty box whining about not getting inch perfect goals which he could score from, and even when he does get chances on a plate. he's been doing his absolute best to mess them up

Bacca was clinical last season, this season he hasn't been and when chance creation is at a premium in this team, the striker simply HAS to take his chances, which Bacca just hasn't been doing

That is why I disagree that Bacca is the better player. Lapa overall imo is the better one, maybe he's not as clinical a finisher as Bacca is (however this season that has basically gone out the window for Bacca), but his overall contribution to the team has been much better.

What I'm saying is that we shouldn't seel both strikers and create a bigger problem for ourselves in the transfer market by forsing ourselves to have to look for 2 strikers when our midfield needs a complete overhaul and we could be left with just Suso for the wings. Not to mention the FB situation which atm is very precarious.

That's why I'm saying we should sell Bacca, bring in a proper starting forward that will guarantee us 20+ goals per season and who'll fit into Montella's system and leave Lapa as the backup. He won't complain and he'll give his all when he's called upon.

I disagree about Juve, all league winning sides are built from the back, not from the front. A good defensive lines that will not make regular mistakes and a proper midfield capable of controlling games and creating chances for our striker is imperative if we want to get that CL spot. The striker should be down in the priority list

QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 4 2017, 10:59 PM) *
As Jack stated, we can't sell them both. We need to keep one as back-up, and I don't think Bacca would be willing to warm the bench. So, keep Lapadula as backup striker, sell Bacca and sign a top striker.

Agreed

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ May 5 2017, 09:41 AM) *

The midfield should be built keeping in mind what Montella wants to do next season, is he going to stick to a 4-3-3 or will we move to a 4-2-3-1? He'll probably keep the current formation which means a 3-man midfield. We need players who are capable of playing in said system, therefore imo we need 1 regista, 1 box-to-box guy and another CM capable of playing on both side of the ball. We're looking at Kessie, Kovacic, Duncan and maybe Cesc, those are good indicators imo

The striker, whoever that is and no matter what type of striker he is, will benefit from having such a dynamic midfield trio, same goes for the defence

+Quote Post

Danny
post May 6 2017, 12:51 PM
Post #64

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

Didn't know where to put this seeing as there's no Roma thread yet, but Monto has actually just admitted he wants to return to Roma as coach when they're in their new stadium.

Marvellous. Either his tact is abysmal or he already knows the new owners don't want him for next season. That's not the comment of a committed manager.

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 6 2017, 03:50 PM
Post #65

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Danny @ May 6 2017, 12:51 PM) *
Didn't know where to put this seeing as there's no Roma thread yet, but Monto has actually just admitted he wants to return to Roma as coach when they're in their new stadium.

Marvellous. Either his tact is abysmal or he already knows the new owners don't want him for next season. That's not the comment of a committed manager.

Is that what he actually said, or was it lost in translation? I would imagine that if he said something along those lines it would mean that, yes, he would like to return to Roma sometime in the future, but it doesn't mean he has an eye on it for next season

If Montella does well next season with the new players, I can't see him leaving any time soon

I'll open the Roma thread

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:31 AM