Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WC 2018/2022

Brian Birkin
post Nov 28 2010, 08:38 PM
Post #1

Esordienti B 96

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 463

on the 2nd December, the decision arrives from FIFA as to who will host World Cup 2018 and 2022. What do you all say about this?

I have read the FIFA evaluation report regarding 日本 which seemed positive, with expected high power in areas of technology and will.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

ForzaMaldini
post Nov 28 2010, 09:26 PM
Post #2

Pulcini 97

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 7,471

The Netherlands and Belgium will probably be dismissed (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) Unfortunatly

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Nov 28 2010, 09:39 PM
Post #3

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

If we don't get it, it'll be a disgrace. If Qatar gets one, it'll be an even bigger disgrace.

Should be England/Australia. My prediction is Russia/USA.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Nov 28 2010, 11:15 PM
Post #4

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

Well USA deserves one, they 2018 or at most the 2022. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) They have a great infrastructure in place. England, Australia, and the Netherlands are other strong contenders in that order. With Russia and Qatar following. Well Qatar not really following, they still need to take care of a bunch of things to be able to successfully host a tournament of this magnitude.

I've got a feeling USA will get one, England may miss out. Well at least they have the Olympics to look forward to!

This post has been edited by acid911: Nov 28 2010, 11:30 PM

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Nov 29 2010, 04:47 PM
Post #5

Prima Squadra

USA hosted in 1994! England haven't had one since '66, despite being the most obvious European country to host, while other European countries have hosted twice since! Australia have never had one, even though they're probably the best choice of country in that half of the World.

Part of me says we'll get it because we pulled out of 2022, what other sensible reason would there have been to do that? Blatter on their review thing also said we have the best bid, but then this is still FIFA we're talking about.

I wouldn't mind England/USA, but that'd be a bi harsh on Oz, in my opinion. Though it'd be hilarious if the US got KO'd on July 4th like last time they hosted, classic.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Nov 29 2010, 05:06 PM
Post #6

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Nov 29 2010, 08:47 PM) *
USA hosted in 1994! England haven't had one since '66, despite being the most obvious European country to host, while other European countries have hosted twice since!

I'm with ya on England deserving a chance to host it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) It's just a toss up between UK, US and Australia, all three have the infrastructure and facilities to very successfully host an event of this magnitude. And frankly any one that misses out will be unlucky (the USA not as much for obvious reasons).

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Nov 29 2010, 08:47 PM) *
Though it'd be hilarious if the US got KO'd on July 4th like last time they hosted, classic.

Absolute classic. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Harsh, but classic!

+Quote Post

Milan Are Brilli...
post Nov 29 2010, 05:09 PM
Post #7

Berretti
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 90

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Nov 29 2010, 03:47 PM) *
USA hosted in 1994! England haven't had one since '66, despite being the most obvious European country to host, while other European countries have hosted twice since!

I guess they could argue that about Euro '96, yes different confederations but the potential is still there.

We should win it, and that's hopefully not being too biased I just think we have a lot better structure for this tournament here compared to Russia.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Nov 29 2010, 06:25 PM
Post #8

Prima Squadra

I'm changing my prediction and going with England/USA. My reasoning being that all FIFA cares about is money.

England
Pros: Biggest football nation in the World, plenty of WC compatible stadia and easy travel between venues.
Cons: Anyone? I'm struggling to find a negative.

Russia:
Pros: Timezone suitable for big markets.
Cons: Stadia not up to scratch as of now, difficult for people to enter country due to restrictions, poor travel.

USA
Pros: Potential to make ridiculous money, huge stadia.
Cons: Will 2nd WC hold much interest? West coast has bad timezone, county too big.

Oz
Pros: Plenty of big stadia, will get huge support as 1st time hosts.
Cons: Terrible timezone, this'll be the killer.

Qatar
Pros: Will throw a whole tonne of money at hosting it, 1st Middle-East World Cup.
Cons: FIFA made a tonne from Bud deal in 2010, it's illegal to sell beer in public in Qatar, you do the math. Middle-East World Cup.

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post Nov 29 2010, 06:35 PM
Post #9

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,873

it will be boiling in Qatar or middle east during summer day time games are nearly impossible imo

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Nov 29 2010, 06:39 PM
Post #10

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Nov 28 2010, 11:39 PM) *
If we don't get it, it'll be a disgrace. If Qatar gets one, it'll be an even bigger disgrace.

Should be England/Australia. My prediction is Russia/USA.

Why would Qatar be a disgrace ?

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Nov 29 2010, 06:42 PM
Post #11

Smoking Bianco

QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Nov 29 2010, 08:35 PM) *
it will be boiling in Qatar or middle east during summer day time games are nearly impossible imo

Venues in Qatar are being built for the Asian Cup and will be tested for the WC 2022, all stadiums will be ultra-modern in technology with air-conditioning.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Nov 29 2010, 06:44 PM
Post #12

Smoking Bianco

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Nov 29 2010, 08:25 PM) *
Qatar
Pros: Will throw a whole tonne of money at hosting it, 1st Middle-East World Cup.
Cons: FIFA made a tonne from Bud deal in 2010, it's illegal to sell beer in public in Qatar, you do the math. Middle-East World Cup.

Erm, Surprise surprise, Liquor is legal in Qatar (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Nov 29 2010, 07:00 PM
Post #13

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 29 2010, 05:39 PM) *
Why would Qatar be a disgrace ?

Because the WC should go to the best country, not the highest bidder. Qatars not nearly capable of hosting a WC, soto beat the likes of USA and Australia would be a joke.

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 29 2010, 05:44 PM) *
Erm, Surprise surprise, Liquor is legal in Qatar (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

I can only go by what I heard in the preview.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Nov 29 2010, 07:34 PM
Post #14

Smoking Bianco

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Nov 29 2010, 09:00 PM) *
Because the WC should go to the best country, not the highest bidder. Qatars not nearly capable of hosting a WC, soto beat the likes of USA and Australia would be a joke.

I can only go by what I heard in the preview.

How do you know Qatar is not capable ? Are you being biased ? Football is a universal language (IMG:style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

Those previews are inaccurate, and you are hearing it from a person who has been to Qatar and saw tones of pubs scattered around there (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Nov 29 2010, 08:03 PM
Post #15

Prima Squadra

Bias? How can I be bias when Qatar's bid isn't even competing with Englands? Sure, you can lebal me bias for what I say about Russia, that'd be fair enough. They only have 2 decent stadia according to their bid with 3 others 'in the works'.

I've had a google search and apparently you need a permit to buy alcohol.

I'm amaze they're the favourite when they have to compete with America and Oz, very ineresting.

This post has been edited by kurtsimonw: Nov 29 2010, 08:06 PM

+Quote Post

18 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:53 PM