> Flamini ‘chooses Milan’

TriniKing_CE
post May 13 2008, 03:04 PM
Post #181

CrAzY EyeS

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,723

QUOTE (Tennie @ May 13 2008, 09:15 AM)
Then it would seem we disagree. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I think that Ambro has been our best midfielder all season.

I am not to sure I would say Ambrosini was our best midfielder 'all' season, but he has been the most consistent and at times this season he has also been the midfielder that played the hardest. (he refused to give up)
So I get what your saying.
I also agree with you when you said earlier on that Flamini was bought proberly to be included in a rotational system (that certainly wont be bad at all - however its yet to be seen how things will actually play out, but if i had to put money on it, for the moment it would definitely seem the most logical)
However, having said this - I also think there is no denying that Ambrosini is one of our weeker mids., none the less he has proven last season and this season in particualr that he is a hard worker, and a good team player.
(He has also proven that he is dedicated to Milan over the years.)
I think Ambrosini would make for really good back up
(getting a start now and again of course)

This post has been edited by TriniKing_CE: May 13 2008, 03:05 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post May 13 2008, 03:09 PM
Post #182

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (Tennie @ May 13 2008, 05:27 PM)
Yes.

Kaka is still the best player in the world, but I think that for stretches of this season (including, for example, the Napoli game), he was not at the level he can be.

Ambro doesn't do the glamour stuff. He's in there to do stuff like win balls off of Vieira and pass on to Kaka who scores the goal. A lot of what Ambro does passes unnoticed.

We disagree then (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 14 2008, 10:33 PM
Post #183

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

I'm right there with Tennie. Ambrosini really is/was our best midfielder this season. And yes, Flamini was signed to help out the rotation, open more space. He'll be used to replace (rotate) with Jankulovski, Rino, Ambro, and even Seedorf. But he has to prove himself jet. I'm sure he won't be considered a starting player at the season beginning.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post May 15 2008, 02:23 AM
Post #184

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 15 2008, 12:33 AM)
I'm right there with Tennie. Ambrosini really is/was our best midfielder this season. And yes, Flamini was signed to help out the rotation, open more space. He'll be used to replace (rotate) with Jankulovski, Rino, Ambro, and even Seedorf. But he has to prove himself jet. I'm sure he won't be considered a starting player at the season beginning.

He is a quality bench player (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) .... But I do hope he does well to break into the team.

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post May 15 2008, 02:48 AM
Post #185

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,388

He is a quality rotation player.

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 16 2008, 05:01 PM
Post #186

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

He is a quality player that I personally expect to see as an automatic startet next season after a couple of months of being slowly eased in. We are paying him a certain ammount of wage and I personally can't see him sitting on the bench being another Brocchi.

We'll most likely see the defensive mids being rotated a lot more next season, but still I think he'll probably start being an automatic choice heading into the christmas break, whoever of Rino or Ambro doesn't perform will lose their place, I'm positive of this.

+Quote Post

Devillito
post May 17 2008, 04:41 AM
Post #187

Esordienti B 96

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 1,612

Flamini: I Moved For Milan, Not Money
Mathieu Flamini has revealed he would still be at Arsenal if they had offered him a new contract last summer, and quashed claims he left the club in search of a fatter wallet…

(IMG:http://goal.com/images/30116_news.jpg)

The club refused to offer the French midfielder a new deal at the start of the season, instead insisting he must prove he was worthy of extending his stay at the Emirates.

He certainly did that, and how. The 24-year-old starred all season long for the Gunners, forming an excellent midfield partnership with Cesc Fabregas, effectively keeping veteran midfielder Gilberto Silva out of the team and prompting the January sale of compatriot Lassana Diarra.

The Gunners attempted to rescue the situation during the winter, but the fixture pile-up over the holiday season made it impractical for any in-depth discussions to take place or any resolution to occur.

The Marseille man’s reputation was ever-growing as the season progressed, so by the time Arsenal finally got around to offering him a new deal, they were competing with some of the heavyweights of European football.

Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Internazionale and Juventus were all in for Flamini’s signature, but it was AC Milan who secured his services – and for free, to boot.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger accused the player of profiteering, but Flamini hit back at claims that he was only after money and insisted the club should have shown more interest if they wanted to keep him so badly.

Huge Decision

“If Arsenal had offered me a contract last summer I would still be their player now,” he said. “Last July I told Arsenal I wanted to extend my contract so, of course, I would have signed if they had offered me a deal . . . but they didn’t.

“They said they wanted me to prove myself first. It was difficult for me at the beginning. I had to see it as a challenge but I won’t lie, it was not easy. You have to be mentally very strong to cope.

“If I had a serious injury my future would have been in question as I was out of contract. But, touch wood, I don’t want to think about these things and, thankfully, I played well and I can be proud of what I achieved.

“We started to speak in December but I knew it was a huge decision. At that time we were playing every three days. I didn’t want to think too much about that because I wanted to focus on my performances. It was difficult for me as I started to have offers from big clubs.

“I’ve enormous respect for Arsene Wenger. But I did not leave for the money. It is not true. I don’t want to comment about what he said or how I felt when I read his comments.

“But I will say I’m leaving for Milan because it’s one of the biggest clubs in the world — with millions of fans everywhere, an enormous history and one of the biggest trophy cabinets in the world. Milan are in the Champions League final every couple of years. Arsenal are a big club too and they have ambition. But I chose to go to Milan. If you think it was easy for me to leave Arsenal you couldn’t be more wrong.

“Until the last moment I couldn’t make my mind up. It breaks your heart to see all these people wanting you to stay. Even on the last day after the Everton game they were not sure I was going to leave because even I was not sure. Then after I passed my medical at Milan I went to see Arsene. It was emotional but he accepted my decision.

“Those who say I left for the money should think that I signed as a 20-year-old and I left with the same salary I had when I came to Arsenal. If money was the reason I played for Arsenal, then why did I play for four years with the same contract?

“I had the chance to go to some of the biggest clubs in Europe. Even if I stayed at Arsenal I’d still have earned a lot of money. I took my decision based on what I wanted for the future. Milan is the most decorated club in the world, along with Real Madrid.

“I’m half-Italian and it was an opportunity to go back to my roots. My father Roland is the proudest person in the world that I’ve finally gone to Italy.”

Exodus?

Flamini’s departure and the events surrounding it have sparked speculation of a summer exodus from the Emirates.

The Gunners went trophyless for the third consecutive season, and amid concerns Wenger will persist with youth policy instead of dipping into to the transfer market, several key players are rumoured to want out.

Aleksandr Hleb is reportedly close to signing a deal with Inter, after his agent confirmed recently that the Belarus international seeks a return to the continent and is fed up with the hustle and bustle of the English capital.

Cesc Fabregas has been on the radars of Real Madrid and Barcelona for several years, but his fellow midfielders exiting all around him he may finally take up the offer to return to his native Spain.

Flamini is uncertain of his former team-mates’ plans, but he insists they were fully supportive of his decision to leave even though they desperately wanted him to remain at the club.

“I honestly don’t know what will happen with Cesc or Alex,” he said. “My team-mates knew I had a decision to make and respected it. They know one day they may have to make a decision themselves.

“Cesc was trying hard to make me change my mind. We have a great partnership on the pitch and are friends off it. My team-mates wanted me to stay. They have been amazing that’s why I will never forget them.”

Bombshell

Flamini also dropped a bombshell by revealing he had a mega-money offer from one of Arsenal’s Premier League rivals.

Liverpool and Chelsea were speculatively linked with the combative midfielder, as were Newcastle and Manchester City, but no news of a solid offer ever reached the headlines.

And Flamini reiterated his stance in response to claims he left the Gunners purely for financial gain, insisting he need not have left England if he was merely after a swollen bank account.

“Some people say I left for money but I could have joined an English club who offered me much more than Arsenal,” he said. “But I decided against it out of my respect and bond with the club.”

Mike Maguire

Goal.com

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 11 12 13
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 01:54 PM