Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Flamini ‘chooses Milan’

arivanjj
post May 1 2008, 10:08 AM
Post #1

7th Heaven

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 821

There are reports from Italy that Arsenal midfielder Mathieu Flamini has told teammates that he will be joining Milan next season.

The talented Frenchman has rebuffed the Gunners’ new contract offers and looks set to leave the Emirates Stadium when his current deal expires at the end of the season.

Juventus were thought to be leading the pack of sides chasing his signature, but, according to the Corriere dello Sport, he has his heart set on the Rossoneri.

“I have decided that I will be going to Milan,”
Flamini allegedly said in the dressing room.

Manager Arsene Wenger seems to have resigned himself to Flamini’s departure, leaving him free to discuss personal terms with the Diavolo once the current campaign is over.

Milan are reportedly ready to offer a four-year deal worth around £3m per season to lure the free agent.

Channel4
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Locke Lamora
post May 1 2008, 11:07 AM
Post #2

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,499

If we sell Flamini for 3m...WTF is going on here?
Last year he was fighting for his place in the team, and after ONE good season he decides to leave?

+Quote Post

acid911
post May 1 2008, 11:29 AM
Post #3

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ May 1 2008, 03:07 PM)

With all the recent interactions (games, news stories, speculations, transfers) between Milan and Arsenal, things should be pretty interesting for you, eh, Locke? It's hard to be in love with two top teams at the same time these days. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) And we've been hearing everything and anything from Adebayor to Flamini being linked to Milan.

My heart pretty much sank when we drew with you guys in the Knockout Stages. Arsenal is a club I very much respect, and knew whatever outcome of those games be, things will rattle up a bit. We'd have been slightly better with any other team, but oh well, that's done is done. Having said that, I'd loved to have seen Arsenal lift the Champions Trophy this year.

I'm in the neutrals zone when it comes to Flamini. At least someone is coming. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

dst
post May 1 2008, 12:30 PM
Post #4

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ May 1 2008, 01:07 PM)

You are not going to sell... he'll be a free agent in the summer... if Flamini leaves Arsenal, it'll be a grand double blow for the Gooners; not only will they lost a very reliable player (in my opinion their best this season) but they also going to lose him for free...

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post May 1 2008, 01:17 PM
Post #5

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ May 1 2008, 10:07 AM)
Last year he was fighting for his place in the team, and after ONE good season he decides to leave?

To some people money talks more than ambition, this is obviously the case for him.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post May 1 2008, 01:18 PM
Post #6

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

Oh .. So he doesn't want the champion league (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/innocent.gif)

+Quote Post

dst
post May 1 2008, 01:24 PM
Post #7

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 1 2008, 03:18 PM)

He care more about the money...

+Quote Post

Locke Lamora
post May 1 2008, 01:25 PM
Post #8

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,499

Okay, until any official staments from either Milan, Arsenal or Flamini himself comes out, I'll keep away from all these rumours...

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post May 1 2008, 01:47 PM
Post #9

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (dst @ May 1 2008, 03:54 PM)
He care more about the money...

Everyone cares about the money. don't make it sound like it's something uncommon! he's young and it wouldn't be a disaster if he missed one season of playing in the CL so the fact that he's [supposedly] chosen Milan over Juve doesn't necessarily mean he only thinks about money.

+Quote Post

Minami
post May 1 2008, 01:51 PM
Post #10

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 1,685

I don't know much about Flamini, but we need new some more defenders and he is not bad.

Moreover he's for free and quite young. So why not buying him?

But as Locke has said, I won't believe this as long as it's not official.

But I heard that he wanted to leave arsenal before. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

+Quote Post

morgoth
post May 1 2008, 02:12 PM
Post #11

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 3,827

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 1 2008, 01:17 PM)
To some people money talks more than ambition, this is obviously the case for him.

So, you think it's not ambitious to leave Arsenal for Milan? (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post May 1 2008, 02:15 PM
Post #12

Primavera

QUOTE (morgoth @ May 1 2008, 04:42 PM)
So, you think it's not ambitious to leave Arsenal for Milan? (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

+1

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post May 1 2008, 02:16 PM
Post #13

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (morgoth @ May 1 2008, 01:12 PM)

Nope. Arsenal are a very young team who are doing well in their league. Milan are a very old team who aren't doing very well in their league. Not to mention what they did to us in the head-to-head games.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post May 1 2008, 02:22 PM
Post #14

Primavera

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 1 2008, 04:46 PM)
Nope. Arsenal are a very young team who are doing well in their league. Milan are a very old team who aren't doing very well in their league. Not to mention what they did to us in the head-to-head games.

Interesting... Milan are not supposed to be an old team forever. it's clear he has a better chance of winning something important with Milan.

This post has been edited by zdrossoneri: May 1 2008, 02:23 PM

+Quote Post

morgoth
post May 1 2008, 02:42 PM
Post #15

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 3,827

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 1 2008, 02:16 PM)

Wow, I never thought someone can compare Arsenal to Milan, let alone think that they match us in term of prestige (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

You think Milan is going to have the same squad forever? A lot of players are going to leave in the next two years, Galliani said several times that he wants some young players for the future, and clearly stated our objective for next year : Il Campionato!

Players usually sign for a club for the future not the past, so they don't care if you were not doing well in the championship for, let's say the last 3 years, they come to acheave something and they choose the best club that can give them this chance. Flamini had the choice between Milan and the zebras, why do you think he choose us? (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

I think you over estimate Arsenal and the English clubs, actually they don't even come close to the likes of Milan and Madrid, there's only diverpool and man u who come close to this elite, and they're a step down with Bayern, Ajax and Co.

This post has been edited by morgoth: May 1 2008, 02:43 PM

+Quote Post

13 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:53 PM