> Calciopoli trio go to arbitration, Wednesday 11 October, 2006

dst
post Oct 11 2006, 11:08 AM
Post #1

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Juventus, Milan and Lazio will all present their cases to the CONI court of arbitration today in an attempt to get their Calciopoli point penalties cut.

The trio were all handed punishments for their part in this summer’s match-fixing saga and today’s hearing represents their last chance, via the sporting courts, to appeal.

Fiorentina, a fourth club to be docked points in the scandal, will have their appeal heard by the court on Thursday.

“We are hoping to get the same sentence as all the other teams,” said Juventus President Giovanni Cobolli Gigli.

“I am confident that CONI – the Italian Olympic Committee – will treat us in the right way because we have paid a lot with the relegation into Serie B.”

The Turin giants, who already had a 30 point penalty reduced to 17 after a first appeal, are optimistic that another cut is in line.

"We are serene ahead of the sentence," said Juventus chief executive Jean-Claude Blanc last night.

"We have a big handicap, having been demoted to Serie B and given a 17-point punishment, but just as we respected the previous sentence, we will also respect the next one.

"However, we do hope to have a fair sentence which will give the players the necessary condition to have a more acceptable challenge."

The fresh verdicts are expected to be revealed towards the end of the month, with 15 days being touted as a possible timescale.

Speculation by various sources in the Italian media insist that all the clubs will see a reduction in their penalties.

Juventus started the campaign on minus 17, Milan on minus eight, Lazio on minus 11 and Fiorentina on minus 19.

Football Italia
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

dst
post Oct 11 2006, 11:10 AM
Post #2

Primavera
Group Icon

This is a joke ... if there's any handicap to be diminished it is the one given to Milan !! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) I hope everything remains as it is cause I don't wany any suspicion against Serie A again !!

+Quote Post

Portman
post Oct 11 2006, 12:09 PM
Post #3

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 347

Nothing is goin' to happen this time.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 11 2006, 02:07 PM
Post #4

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Portugal @ Oct 11 2006, 11:09 AM)
Nothing is goin' to happen this time.

from what I've been reading it's possible that all the sentences will be reduced. But not by much, I think Milan can get a reduction of either 3/4 pts, not much but still helpful

+Quote Post

Portman
post Oct 11 2006, 02:12 PM
Post #5

Berretti

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 11 2006, 01:07 PM)
from what I've been reading it's possible that all the sentences will be reduced. But not by much, I think Milan can get a reduction of either 3/4 pts, not much but still helpful

By the end of the month, we'll see. But I doubt.

+Quote Post

Milan Are Brilli...
post Oct 11 2006, 02:43 PM
Post #6

Berretti
Group Icon

Member No.: 90

Haha this is making the Serie A a bit of a joke, they tried to shock the world and show how hard they were going to come down on cheats, by the end of it, its cut in half (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Oct 11 2006, 03:56 PM
Post #7

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (Kaka Is Brilliant @ Oct 11 2006, 04:43 PM)
Haha this is making the Serie A a bit of a joke, they tried to shock the world and show how hard they were going to come down on cheats, by the end of it, its cut in half  (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

Yea .. I think nothing should be reduced (even if that hurts us ..) for the credability of Italian Calcio.

+Quote Post

milanfan4life
post Oct 11 2006, 04:48 PM
Post #8

Pulcini 99

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 1,846

well i think it's time we think of moving forward rather than keep hoping for point reduction. i even refer they don't don't reduce in point to prove that any team involve any scandal will severely be punished. (though milan did nothing wrong) but sometimes when the guilt are punish the innocent also suffer from it.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Oct 11 2006, 06:45 PM
Post #9

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

Agree....no change in the deductions...better in the long run...right now everybody faults the fixing but not the punishment ...

+Quote Post

dst
post Oct 12 2006, 12:53 PM
Post #10

Primavera
Group Icon

Milan want Inter’s Scudetto

Thursday 12 October, 2006

Milan’s lawyer Leandro Cantamessa believes that the Rossoneri deserve a reduction in their points penalty – and the 2005-06 Scudetto.

Juventus, Milan and Lazio all presented their cases to the CONI Arbitration Court on Wednesday in an attempt to get their Calciopoli penalties reduced, with Fiorentina scheduled to appear on Thursday.

“One of the main lines in our defence is the fact that we don’t understand Adriano Galliani’s (pictured) ban,” said Cantamessa after the hearing.

“The only certainty I have is that Milan are innocent and that is why I have asked for our eight-point deduction to be cancelled.

“I believe we deserve a reduction, but I can confirm that we are not considering an appeal to the TAR civil justice. We respect the rules and we knew what we were going to face.

“In any case, who told you that we have not asked for the last Scudetto to be reassigned to us?

“We will accept any decision. I have been dealing with sporting justice for 22 years, the only difference in this case is the very unpleasant atmosphere that was created by the media,” concluded the newly-elected Lega Calcio Counsellor.

In the meantime, Christian Vieri is planning to file a complaint against his former club Inter and is set to ask for the Nerazzurri to be stripped of the last Scudetto for ethical reasons.

The striker was disappointed after discovering he was spied on by the Via Durini club and is willing to get revenge on them by asking the FIGC to reassign the 2005-06 title.

Football Italia

+Quote Post

dst
post Oct 12 2006, 12:55 PM
Post #11

Primavera
Group Icon

I don't want that title but Inter shouldn't have it too !!

+Quote Post

Portman
post Oct 12 2006, 01:03 PM
Post #12

Berretti

LOL! Totally b/s. Nobody is going to take the title from the Telecom FC.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Oct 12 2006, 02:19 PM
Post #13

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Telecom FC....good one Porto

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Oct 12 2006, 03:49 PM
Post #14

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (dst @ Oct 12 2006, 02:55 PM)
I don't want that title but Inter shouldn't have it too !!

Yeah .. Give it to Roma !

+Quote Post

Portman
post Oct 12 2006, 04:33 PM
Post #15

Berretti

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Oct 12 2006, 02:49 PM)
Yeah .. Give it to Roma  !

Moggi said that 1 week ago. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:12 PM