Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Everything Milan..., For everything random yet Milan related

Danny
post May 12 2015, 10:55 AM
Post #1321

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

PS St Ambrose flag originated around 900AD whereas St George's showed up a century later.

So it's actually the other way around. The flag of Genoa was also inspired by St Ambrose.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 12 2015, 11:35 AM
Post #1322

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (Danny @ May 12 2015, 12:55 PM) *
PS St Ambrose flag originated around 900AD whereas St George's showed up a century later.

So it's actually the other way around. The flag of Genoa was also inspired by St Ambrose.

But isn't the patron of Genoa St George?

Thing is, as far as I know, in heraldry the cross is called "English cross". But your input surely is more accurate.

+Quote Post

Danny
post May 12 2015, 11:38 AM
Post #1323

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 12 2015, 10:35 AM) *
But isn't the patron of Genoa St George?

Thing is, as far as I know, in heraldry the cross is called "English cross". But your input surely is more accurate.

As far as debates go, this is maybe the most pointless one we've ever had!

Let's just agree on the fact that, origin aside, that damn flag shouldn't be on our shirt (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 12 2015, 11:45 AM
Post #1324

Primavera
Group Icon

Agreed.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Aug 12 2016, 11:54 PM
Post #1325

Primavera
Group Icon

So, new shirt numbers are here. I warn all of you who will probably think I'm nitpicking, but I don't like this one bit for many reasons. Firstly, the list:

1. LOPEZ RODRIGUEZ DIEGO “DIEGO LOPEZ”
2. DE SCIGLIO MATTIA
4. MAURI JOSE’ AGUSTIN “J. MAURI”
5. BONAVENTURA GIACOMO
8. FERNANDEZ SAENZ JESUS JOAQUIN “SUSO”
9. LAPADULA GIANLUCA
10. HONDA KEISUKE
11. NIANG MBAYE HAMADI
13. ROMAGNOLI ALESSIO
16. POLI ANDREA
17. ZAPATA VALENCIA CRISTIAN
18. MONTOLIVO RICCARDO
20. ABATE IGNAZIO
21. VANGIONI RANGEL LEONEL JESUS
22. VASCONCELOS FERREIRA GABRIEL “GABRIEL”
29. PALETTA GABRIEL ALEJANDRO
30. JHERSON VERGARA AMU’ “JHERSON”
31. ANTONELLI LUCA
32. MATRI ALESSANDRO
33. KUCKA JURAJ “KUCO”
70. BACCA AHUMADA CARLOS ARTURO “BACCA”
73. LOCATELLI MANUEL
87. SOUZA DA SILVA LUIZ ADRIANO “L. ADRIANO”
91. BERTOLACCI ANDREA
93. ELY RODRIGO “R. ELY”
96. CALABRIA DAVIDE
99. DONNARUMMA GIANLUIGI

Why I dislike it?

1) The big numbers are still there, and IMO it's completely unnecessary. For Christ sake, give Donna the 12, Berto, Bacca and Calabria decent normal numbers.

2) It goes against Milan tradition. Numbers like the "5" (Billy Costacurta's number) wasn't given to a defender (but rather Bonaventura??), the Pirlo "21" ended up with Vangioni while the "22" (usually striker number) went to Gabriel. Very disappointed with that lack of feeling.

3) A complete travesty is that Honda kept his 10 and Lapadula got the 9. Is this guy really that kind of a relevation? I mean how good can a mid-aged Serie B striker be?

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 13 2016, 09:02 AM
Post #1326

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 12 2016, 11:54 PM) *
So, new shirt numbers are here. I warn all of you who will probably think I'm nitpicking, but I don't like this one bit for many reasons. Firstly, the list:

Why I dislike it?

1) The big numbers are still there, and IMO it's completely unnecessary. For Christ sake, give Donna the 12, Berto, Bacca and Calabria decent normal numbers.

2) It goes against Milan tradition. Numbers like the "5" (Billy Costacurta's number) wasn't given to a defender (but rather Bonaventura??), the Pirlo "21" ended up with Vangioni while the "22" (usually striker number) went to Gabriel. Very disappointed with that lack of feeling.

3) A complete travesty is that Honda kept his 10 and Lapadula got the 9. Is this guy really that kind of a relevation? I mean how good can a mid-aged Serie B striker be?

I agree with your nit-picking, sadly these number choices show the state of affairs at this moment.

I'm still hoping that we can send a couple of players on loan and sell a few more. Mauri imo needs to be sent to another Serie A side where he will get consistant playing time. Maybe to Genoa seeing as both Niang and Suso benefitted greatly from their time there. Same with Locatelli and Ely. They're not going to get playing time here and to keep them sitting on the bench is a waste.

Guys like Poli, Matri, Vergara and Honda need to be sold ASAP as none of them are good enough and never will be.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 13 2016, 03:23 PM
Post #1327

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

Why the hell does Bacca keep insisting with #70??? I thought he chose that number because #7 was occupied by Menez last season, but now it's free. Plus he wore #9 at Sevilla.

Moreover, why the hell did Adriano switch from #9 to #87??? Is he for real?

I really, really hate large shirt numbers, more than anyone of you guys. And this is simply unacceptable.

PS: Seems pathetic that we're arguing about shirt numbers when we have much bigger issues at hand, but some things just bother you no matter what. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Aug 13 2016, 11:24 PM
Post #1328

Primavera
Group Icon

Yeah, agreed.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 14 2016, 11:23 AM
Post #1329

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

I can only guess that Bacca didn't take the #9 or wasn't offered the number because both he and the club thought he'd be leaving and I'm guessing Adriano will be sold as well (Porto are interested and with Bacca staying we have too many strikers for one position)

Don't get Donna and Calabria though.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 14 2016, 12:05 PM
Post #1330

QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 14 2016, 11:23 AM) *
I can only guess that Bacca didn't take the #9 or wasn't offered the number because both he and the club thought he'd be leaving and I'm guessing Adriano will be sold as well (Porto are interested and with Bacca staying we have too many strikers for one position)

Don't get Donna and Calabria though.

I also read that Adriano might be leaving. But now that Bacca is certainly staying he could have picked #7.

You know, this ordeal of large numbers happens only in Italy. In Spain, for example, it's not allowed to have numbers greater than the number of players you have in your team, whereas in England and Germany big numbers are only taken by players that come from the youth team and that rarely play an official match. But in Italy eveyone has them, not just here at Milan. They should put a rule against it or something.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 14 2016, 01:12 PM
Post #1331

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 14 2016, 12:05 PM) *
I also read that Adriano might be leaving. But now that Bacca is certainly staying he could have picked #7.

You know, this ordeal of large numbers happens only in Italy. In Spain, for example, it's not allowed to have numbers greater than the number of players you have in your team, whereas in England and Germany big numbers are only taken by players that come from the youth team and that rarely play an official match. But in Italy eveyone has them, not just here at Milan. They should put a rule against it or something.

It's probably not a pet peeve for the people at the Lega (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Aug 19 2016, 11:35 AM
Post #1332

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,786

In case you want to design or vote our 3rd kit for the next season:

http://www.global.adidas.com/creatorstudio...rStudio_-pc:crm

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Aug 20 2016, 02:01 PM
Post #1333

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,786

"La Stampa": Galliani has decided to leave Milan with th arrival of the Chinese. Berlusconi has convinced him.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 20 2016, 02:20 PM
Post #1334

QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Aug 20 2016, 02:01 PM) *
"La Stampa": Galliani has decided to leave Milan with th arrival of the Chinese. Berlusconi has convinced him.

Whether he stays or leaves, the important thing is that the mercato won't be in his charge anymore.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 20 2016, 02:41 PM
Post #1335

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 20 2016, 02:20 PM) *
Whether he stays or leaves, the important thing is that the mercato won't be in his charge anymore.

Most reports saying that Fassone is looking for a sporting director who will be the one to handle that side of things.

Also, reports saying that the new owners will decide whether or not to invest heavily in the winter based on our position by then, if we're already lagging too far behind most of the efforts to sign players will be postponed to the summer

I get the feeling this new consortium is eager to cut a distinct line between the old administration and the new one. That's why Galliani can't even offer deals for loan + obligation, and that's why we haven't renewed some of the expired sponsorship deals (this will be a great way for them to funnel money into the club with new sponsors with companies that make up the consortium). I get the feeling they're looking to start fresh next summer. Which is a total let down for us, but if things are done right we could be in for a great future.

+Quote Post

93 Pages V  « < 87 88 89 90 91 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:20 AM